Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 08:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1222

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 08-03-2009, 09:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning ladies...

Yesterday I went to my sisters and went swimming. It was nice. The water was a little warm but not like bath water.

I HAVE A QUESTION??? So last night I went to bed and woke up 2 times with the heat sensations that start in my upper chest area and all the way up to my neck/head and even my arms. I was also coverd in sweat. NOW...I am 36 years old started my peroid in 4th grade. My period should be comming in the next few days. According to my Dr's blood work, I am still ovulating and I am not peri-menopausal... ANy ideas why this is happening???? My estrogen levels were normal..but my testosterone where high.

After I go to the cardiolgist..I will go back to my regular Dr for a refferral to a gyno. I do get the "heat" sensations sometimes durning the day with a little sweat but not like at night. I have also it is mainly around my period.

Today..I am going to drink lots of water!!! Keep myself cool!
Old 08-03-2009, 11:53 AM   #3  

Morning my Peeps!

Cyn, almost sounds like heartburn and reflux. When I don't wear my cpap (breathing) machine for my sleep apnea, my body responds to my shallow breathing by raising my body temp and I get muscle spasms in order to wake up to get needed oxygen. I will have reflux in association with all of that as well. ugh. You'd think I'd wear my cpap more often!

Also, at my highest weight (~350) I'd have periods where I was dying of heat stroke. Those have disappeared with the weight loss.

Catherine, wow about the game!! I'm glad they gave a break to some of the troops, but sorry that you had to cook the orders. I'm hoping today you are past smelling popcorn and hotdogs and doing something nice for yourself.

Hugs to all!
Ratkitten

Last edited by Ratkitten; 08-03-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:14 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

just wanted to say hi..life is so busy. Hubbys heart cath is tommorow so keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I am determined to take care of myself by eating right this week.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:07 PM   #5  
... and I am a chocoholic

S/C/G: 336/Tracker/160

Hi all Im new here today, I love this website already. So many supportive people, its great. Im 24 and have been overweight all my life, all my family are overweight and I got to the stage where my weight is holding my back from finding work due to confidence, finding a partner and just living my life. I was 24 stone at my heaviest in April (336lbs). I'm down to about 22 stone 1 (309lbs) now. Im desperate to get under 22 stone and then in the 200s! My weight loss is very slow though. Probably because I have many hiccups (today being one. It was a friends b/day and was not good on my food at all today ). But I'm learning to recognise why Im overeating and am forcing myself to get back on the wagon the next day (tomorrow is a fresh start).

I'm seeing a dietician on Wednesday that my doc referred me to to help, and I'm really scared!! I went to one as a kid (I was about 8 or 9) and she just told me off. Which, at 8, was just awful. It upset me her calling me 'obese' (which I was to be fair) but she just made out like me and my mum were animals for letting my weight grow so much. To cheer me up my mum took me to maccys. The comfort eating begins!! Hopefully this one will be a little nicer. And if not I'm big enough and ugly enough to give her a what for now
Old 08-03-2009, 07:01 PM   #6  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Hello everyone! dgramie, I hope everything goes well tomorrow!

Lyndzro, this really is a fantastic forum. I too (along with probably everyone here) have had horrid experiences with doctors and medical professionals. Hopefully the longer you hang out here the more confident you will be and the more fabulous you will realize you are
Old 08-04-2009, 12:21 AM   #7  
rene

S/C/G: 338/321/170

Height: 5foot4

hello all,
hope you are well, just waiting for my hubby to get home so I have company walking the dogs this late at night.

dgramie- I will pray for you..hope everything goes well

lyndzro--welcome..I love this site everyone is so supportive

nooch--drs are a nightmare

anyway have a great night.
rene
Old 08-04-2009, 12:34 AM   #8  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Evening everybody! I'm so happy I started knitting early this year! I have been knitting since I was 8 but usually what happens is that I knit like crazy during football season both because it's cold and because football watching lends itself to knitting and then as it gets warm it tapers off. But I hit the yarn store today and got some 80% cotton 20% wool yarn to make myself a cute hat

Hope everyone had a good night!
Old 08-04-2009, 06:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Nooch, wish I could knit, it keeps hand away from food, lol!xxxxxxx
Lyndrzo, a fellow Brit! Yes everyone here is very helpful & supportive, whether through success or 'hiccoughs'. I've been on forums where they are like the food police or even (no DISTRESS meant) ****s. What plan are you following? I managed to get from 22-9 to 19 be Slimming world but a lot of people here find success with Weight watchers or just plain 'healthy eating'.xxxxx
I can't remember if I posted I got 'zapped' 3-4 times yesterday checking on my friend's horse; the fence is electrified; and got my boots & legs covered in mud!!!! Lol Never mind it was exercise of a sort at least hubby took me to buy some wellies. (He's off work this week) Accen was good, let me catch him, clean his feet & check him over, he was so patient whilst I kept dropping the 'gate' lines & squealing coz of getting 'hit' with the current. It must have nbeen interesting coz al of his horsey friends (about 6 of them) came to see what was going off!!lol
xxxxxxxsharon
Old 08-04-2009, 09:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

morning all..

Sharon: Careful of the zapping fence. Funny story...when I was a kid we went to my aunt and uncles farm everyweekend while they were building their house. They have horses with an electric fence around it. I swear every saturday morning we would get there before the sun was up and there was always this same rooster that would jump up on the fence to do his cock-a-doodle-doo and he would land while it was on and there would be sparks coming off his butt! LOL You would think it would learn..but nope!

Nooch: I don't knit but I do crochet and hand piece quilt. I love doing it when I am watching tv, movies..and football! Post a pic of the hat when you are done!

lyndzro: Welcome to the group!!

dramie: Hope all goes well with your hubby and his heart cath!!!!!

As for me: TOM arrived yesterday. I have not had periods on time for years and the past 4 months he has arrived on time. Today I go back to the gasterologist. I was told it is just to go over my sigmoidoscopy and endoscopy. Also to discuss what will be done about my hemmerriod. I hope he don't have plans on "doing" anything today..not with TOM here. yuck!

I have today off work and I am planning on cleaning and having hubby help me "go through " our closet. He doesn't know it yet, but I am sure he will be thrilled LOL

Have a great day all!

Last edited by azcyn; 08-04-2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: dang typos
Old 08-04-2009, 12:05 PM   #11  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 446.8/ticker/170

Height: 5 foot 7

Not sure if anyone remembers me or not. I haven't been online to post but I'm still here in spirit, lol. I am now down 40 pounds and I'm almost at my first mini goal.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:25 PM   #12  
rene

S/C/G: 338/321/170

Height: 5foot4

hello,
It was a good night last night my hubby and I did walk the dogs for 30 min.
today I posted to myfitday.com and kept track of all my food. I feel pretty good. hope you all have a good night.
rene
Old 08-05-2009, 03:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 410/410/185

Hey everyone it's been a rough week for me, but I've managed to keep inspiration flowing by checking in here and reading posts when I get discouraged. Live-in boyfriend (6 yrs) has off and left to visit his mom 3 hours away and haven't seen each other in about a month. I'm by myself with no entertainment and no company (can't afford tv or anything) so normally I would have just cooked a huge meal and had fun doing it. Instead I went to my mom's for dinner and ate less to be sure there was enough for all. Seems like everything went wrong for me this week and I've been so moody. I'm glad things seem to be looking up for me today ... too bad it's the middle of the week hahaha!

lyndzro~ welcome! I am also 24 years old, have struggled with my weight forever and am new here. I have been over 300 lbs since age 16 and have been to dietitians, doctors, gyms, hospitals and the whole works. I'm doing it on my own now with the help of some inspirational people and posts. I have no scale in my home, I can't afford one that will support my weight so I'm just trusting my tight fitting jeans until I lose enough to be accurately weighable on a scale. (docs only go up to 350)
Old 08-05-2009, 05:49 PM   #14  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 446.8/ticker/170

Height: 5 foot 7

angelpainjel you sound just like me. I'm also 24 and I also weighed over 300 pounds when I was a teenager. I went to so many doctors and dietitians and I just decided that I would be accountable to myself and make healthy choices instead of listening to what other people tell me to do. I bought a scale off of ebay it goes up to 450 and it talks. Keep making smart choices and you'll succeed.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 410/410/185

You know, I never thought of ebay.... wow. silly me. I will have to check there for a scale. Hey you have lost a lot wow great job I just saw your little ticker thing. I hope that I can drop some... I'm guessing when I say 410. I went to the doc about 6 months ago and was 399 and I feel like I've gained just a little since then. I will haveto get a scale, I just do not have the $$ ya know. Im glad and sad at the same time that there are other people out there like me. Sad cause I know how difficult life is at this size, happy because I know I'm not alone.
Closed Thread