Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 03:23 PM   #31  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Wow, look at all the positivity!

Some of you might recall that I not only set a goal for myself this summer but vowed that if I don't meet it, I'm going to go talk to my doc about weight loss surgery. I really don't want to do that, but I feel like the time is now, one way or the other.

So I've been reading clinical studies about WLS. Bleep, it's so much more effective long-term than what I'm trying to do. BLEEP! So here I am recommitting again. I like the public planning. Here's a plan for the rest of today:

I will eat for dinner what I brought to the office with me.

If Bill the candy man puts candy in my mailbox this week, I will move it into my thin friend's mailbox.

When I go out with my thin friend this evening, I will eat carrot sticks before I go so that I won't be tempted to eat the popcorn. I will have one drink, and one drink only (gin with club soda). If we stick around longer than one drink, my second drink will be straight club soda.

This afternoon, while reading this manuscript I have to return to my editor, I will pace the halls instead of sitting at my desk.

I have an awful non-weight-loss story to share, but I'll save it for later.

RUBY! Welcome!!!! Tell us about yourself.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:17 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Angela - can't wait to hear your story! So nice to see you back.

Turkey taco salad tonight - yummmmmmmm. Can't wait to hit the farmers market on Saturday.

I have an appt with the doc in the morning - haven't seen him since February - I think I'm about 15 lbs lighter now - he will be pleased. Any positive thoughts would be welcome - I've been dealing with a blood clot since Sunday and recently found a lump on my rib cage. I'm not really too concerned but just need it to be checked out.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #33  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Carol,
I am happy about your 15 pound release!! You are the bomb diggity girlfriend!!! I told you, that you would have no problem reaching that goal you set for yourself to reach by your birthday. I have faith in you!!!

Now about this other part, this clot, where is it located? I am starting prayer for it disapate on it's on that you are already healed in JESUS NAME, AMEN.

Love to you,
Aggie
Old 07-09-2009, 11:05 PM   #34  

Height: 5'7"

Please continue to keep us in your prayers and thoughts. Hubby is still having chest pain and scaring me to death! I will be so relieved to get the heart cath next friday. I am worried about what they will find but at this time Im ready to face it and let them fix it!!

Carol_ please talk to the dr about the blood clots also. I know your use to having them..but dont take any chances.

hugs to everyone no time for more personals.I must get to sleep while my precious granddaughter is asleep.LOL
Old 07-10-2009, 12:08 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Well, I didn't exercise today, but I'm okay with that. My eating was GREAT!! I am not working tomorrow and plan a lot of movement and exercise!
Old 07-10-2009, 01:37 AM   #36  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

GG and DG, my thoughts are with you both!

I'm sitting here rather frustrated tonight. I finally managed to not eat too much today, I mean, I managed to eat around 1650 calories. That's quite a feat for me. I struggle getting under 2000, and I don't even begin to lose weight unless I eat less than 1750. It's now 10:15 p.m. and hunger is nagging at me again, and I just had two small wild salmon patties followed by a bowl of Kashi with unsweetened almond milk. I took my time eating, but I'm still hungry.

I will not lose any more weight unless I can reduce my caloric intake. I simply don't have time to exercise more. I'm not complaining, I'm just frustrated. When I went to Green Mountain Spa in Vermont, I ate 1750 calories a day and exercised 2.5+ hours a day, and I still only lost 2-3 lb/week.

I think I'm just rambling now...I'm going to go to bed.

Georgia
Old 07-10-2009, 07:12 AM   #37  

Smile

Good morning ladies, How is it going?

B'fast: whole grain waffle and homemade peach persrves. Made them myself using splenda. Not bad. Trying to decide what lunch will be, maybe tuna casserole and salad. I love that casserole, but it has noodles in it, may not be the best choice. It is a WW recipe from a loooong time ago. Even my DH likes it. LOL! He also liked the meatloaf recipe, and the WW chili. The recipes are not the same anymore. (WW). I still use a lot of the older recipes.

Today is that cleaning day for me again. I have the kitchen done, vacuumed mopped and cleaned up. Also vacuumed the office and then sat down in this chair and started to browse. LOL! Not a good idea! Now I don't want to go back to work. Sigh!

I hope you are all having a wonderful op day. (me too). Back to the drudge. XO Ruth
Old 07-10-2009, 07:55 AM   #38  
BELIEVE!

No time to chat, but wanted to say GOOD MORNING! I'm off to take the kiddies to school and then go have allergy testing done. Today I'll work from home and make healthy choices. I have to drop my van off for new tires so I'm putting my bike in the back and biking to the gym while they work on it. Then taking the boys to swim after work/school.

Deb & Carol - Thoughts and Prayers are with you!

Catch up with the rest of you later!

Barb
Old 07-10-2009, 03:10 PM   #39  
BELIEVE!

HEY!?!?!? Where are all my positive and motivated friends today? Oh...you must all be out planning and exercising.

I just dropped my van off (put the bike in the back) then biked to the gym, worked out for about and hour, biked home. Once it's ready I'll bike back to get it. A year ago if I needed to get new tires I would have sat in the waiting area reading a book and eating junk food. What a difference a year can make!!!

DH decided very last minute (as he does w/ all things) that we are going to a Phillies game tonight! I don't think the boys are really old enough to merit the expense of a major league game, but DH was fairly insistent and got us great seats. Hopefully will be fun!

Well...he just called and I have loads to do before then.

Catch ya'll later!
Barb
Old 07-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Barb - wish I could say I was busy exercising! What a wonderful change in a year you've made.

I was actually down 20 lbs this morning - talk about an ear to ear grin from the doc. He wanted to discuss my weight loss more than the other issues.

The blood clot is resolving - ladies - we have to quit folding one leg under and sitting on it - this is the 3rd time I've had a blood clot from my own behavior - please don't sit like this - I don't want you to go through this experience. I'm just a slow learner - takes 3 times to learn my lesson.

OK - the lump is fat collecting - he said it will grow and at some point in the future I will be back to have it removed. Apparently this is because my trunk is very lean - he said this is a result of the weight loss. DH and I had just discussed this last night - we had an old dog that once she started exercising the fat collected around her shoulder area - we both just laughed this morning when the doc was explaining. Unfortunately he also pointed to my legs and said not likely to have the same issue there as my legs are anything but "lean" in his terms.

His excitement at my progress has reenergized me - I was already doing well this week but knowing what a difference this is making in my health and to my long time physician seems to matter to me. I told him of my goal to hit 100 lbs lost by wedding time in late September for my brothers visit. It's then that I learned he was the gift giver of the special hospital fitness center membership I recently received. What a guy! I guess what I'm saying is why does it take someone else to make me proud and keep me on track?

I'm rambling - have a great Friday!
Old 07-11-2009, 08:52 AM   #41  

Smile Weekend!

I thought I would check in since no one sems to want to post on the weekend. Prove me wrong!

I had a very good day yesterday. Food was good and I let off a lot of steam cleaning the house. Good exercise too.

My b'fast this morning was two Georgia peaches, yummy! Not sure what the rest of the day will be like. I should have planned for the food, but haven't yet. It will be healthy though.

Today I will be lazy. I have no plans to do anything! I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend. Ta for now, Ruth
Old 07-11-2009, 09:24 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hi all!

Carol - - as a social psychologist I really do believe that other people really influence us. I don't really always know why, but I can believe this would really inspire you to keep going!!

sounds like people are doing well! I had a good day yesterday. I ate a little more than I wanted, but still had a calorie deficit, so I'll take it. Today I have some yard work planned, and grocery shopping... I thought it was going to be sunny, but it looks like the sun is going to play games with us...
Old 07-11-2009, 11:57 AM   #43  
Renaissance Woman

Good morning, girlfriends!

My youngest and I are in Monterey, CA this morning. We're going to the aquarium today (I love the jelly fish exhibit!) and having some fun, just us two. Maybe we'll go out to Carmel to find Clint Eastwood. It's a gorgeous morning, but I can't get Rhyan to wake up and take a walk with me.

I'm feeling rather stuck in my weight loss efforts, so I've decided to do Medifast for a few weeks to get me moving in the right direction again. Just for the next 10% of body weight, and then I'll settle for a few months of maintenance again. I really want to be lighter on my feet so I can workout harder. My knees have been so crabby lately and they don't let me get my heart rate up enough, so my cardio workouts are really not effective enough.

I'm having a real hard time with caloric. Even if it's healthy, clean, sugar-free food choices, if I can't reduce the intake, I don't lose weight. For now, maintenance intake seems to be between 1800 and 2100 calories, and I am having such a time going below that.

School starts on July 28 here, so the boys will be gone most of the day and I won't have to cook for them all the time. I think the Medifast will keep me out of the kitchen most of the day and then we can have dinner together in the evenings. I can do that!

My product doesn't arrive until next week, but I'm not going off the deep end until then. Still making sane, balanced maintenance choices. Even while we go to Bubba Gump's for lunch today (Rhyan is insisting). And we'll walk a lot before and afterward!

I'm glad to hear you're okay, GG! And DG, we're still praying for your husband and you too!

Georgia
Old 07-11-2009, 09:28 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

I'm here. It was a rather traumatic day today. Actually, this week has been a bit of a challenge. I guess I can say that I have done okay with the food so that's a positive thing!

Today was our day to take Spanky over for our lesson. Geez louise, the humidity is awful. I was drenched by the time I got him up, ready and into the trailer. He acted like an *** so that didn't help. DH had the money bag (the one with the Dave Ramsey envelopes). He laid it down on the step of the truck by my door to come help me with Spanky. I didn't know he did that and I was so drenched and overcome with the humidity that I didn't look down to get into the truck. A couple of miles down the road he asked me if I got the green thing. WHAT GREEN THING. We were both sick to our stomachs because he said the car behind us slowed down and stopped. We turned around to backtrack and didn't see anything. I remembered there was a deposit slip in the bag so if someone found it, they knew who it belonged to. And there was $$$ in the bag. Nothing to do but go to our lesson. Spanky and I worked up a huge sweat if you can call it sweat. We got home and no message on the machine. Again, both of us were too sick to eat lunch. We got a call not too long ago that neighbors down the road a bit had found the bag and were dropping it off. I still want to throw up and I have a headache. DH tried to offer them something and they refused. What a blessing these people are.

I've been too wiped out to do much today. Even in the pool, I just floated like a blob. At least I didn't eat!

Carol - Umm, don't you have bad knees? Are you supposed to be sitting with your knees that bent anyway??? I'm glad to see that you had such a good visit with your doc and that the clot is going to resolve itself. Those can be icky.

Georgia - Have a great time in Monterey! A pic of Clint would be very nice! Wow, school starts there very early. I hear you about not being able to get the calorie count down. Do you have percentages of proteins, carbs, etc that you try to stay within?

Ruth - How nice to have a nothing planned day. Georgia peaches! Oh boy I want some now!

Barb - You have done an amazing job this past year. Hope you have fun at the game.

Debi - Counting down the days until your DH can get that next procedure done. Hope you're having a good weekend even though I know you're both very scared.

Heather - How did you do on the yardwork and grocery shopping? I'll have to get busy tomorrow to make up for today's wipeout.

I better get this posted and see what the dogs are doing. They are awfully quiet.

to all!
Old 07-11-2009, 11:13 PM   #45  
Renaissance Woman

OMG Terri!!! I think I think I'm a little sick to my stomach from that story too! I'm so glad you have good neighbors.

I have been trying to keep my fat intake under 65 gm/day, cards under 180 gm/day, and protein under 100 gm/day. By far, the hardest one for me to manage is the fat intake. Because if I'm eating protein, there's usually fat in it, and then I do love the avocados and the olive oil, nuts and the sardines packed in olive oil. Those are all my go-to choices when I'm hungry after 4 pm. See, all healthy choices, just too much of a good thing...like moi!

No Clint sitings today, but I had a really lovely walk through the mall and later through downtown Carmel, and the whole beach, in the sand. I'm worn out, but soooooooooo hungry at the moment. There's a Chilis by the hotel and they have a steak with my name on it!

Georgia
Closed Thread