Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 09:54 AM   #16  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Ladies! I hope everyone's day is off to a fabulous start!!! I just spent an hour at the tire place getting a patch. Friday I drop my car off for 4 new tires. Cha-ching. $$$

I'm starving...my doc appt is at 11am and nothing but water until after they take my blood.

Must work...just wanted to say HELLO!
Old 07-08-2009, 09:54 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Here's my plan for the day:

Breakfast - Special K cereal, milk
Lunch - Healthy choice entree, yogurt
Snack - WW Thin Mint
Dinner - pork, veggies

Exercise -
Get up and walk around the department once every half hour
Ride Spanky
Trim mow for at least 30 minutes
Swim for 30 minutes
Stretches

Log it all in my blog!
Old 07-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #18  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Yep, planning is the way to go...I'm so glad we're all here and working the solution together!

Getting a late start to my day (didn't sleep much last night), so here's my plan.

A.M. Stretch DVD
20 minutes fasted cardio on the elliptical cross-trainer

Breakfast of steel-cut oats, 2 poached eggs and a little olive oil

20 minutes walking

Lunch of salmon patties, brown rice and grilled asparagus

Warm-up and full body weight training workout

Post workout drink of whey isolate

Dinner of mixed greens salad with chick peas, carrots, olives, cucumber and tuna

P.M. Stretch DVD

Peanut butter on Ak Mak crackers

And then a warm bath so I will go to sleep!

Georgia

Last edited by geoblewis; 07-08-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:22 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Day 3 here - feels great (except for the amazingly sore quads from Mondays workout) and even they are telling me - see what happens when you slack off.

Heather - get some decent food in the house!

Debbie - glad to see you with a minute to yourself - enjoy the little one.

Dinner plan is grilled chicken salad - DH cooked extra chicken last night since it's one of my long days - Monday/Wednesday are 6:30 am - 7:30 pm. Last thing I want to do when I get home is decide what's for dinner.

My plan includes planning each lunch/dinner before grocery shopping to make sure everything is available when needed. I may not necessarily eat them on that day but will at some time during the week. Reminds me - I have a watermelon to cut up.

I'm liking the positives around here - thanks!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:02 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Okay, I went to the grocery store and got the food I needed for dinner. But I haven't yet figured out how to work in my exercise today...
Old 07-08-2009, 07:49 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/170

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone;

Can anyone join in here? I posted in the last thread, but nobody said anything.

You all seem to know each other pretty well, and I really don't want to butt in.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #22  

ruby -- Sorry, WELCOME!!!

You posted on sunday, and then no one posted there before I closed the thread on Monday. Sometimes, in those cases, we just miss posts! Plus, we don't always respond to everything.

So, yes, you are certainly welcome here, and before you know it, we'll all know you too!
Old 07-08-2009, 09:12 PM   #23  

Ruby - welcome - sorry I missed you stopping in. Please keep posting - we look forward to getting to know you!
Old 07-08-2009, 10:25 PM   #24  
BELIEVE!

Ruby...Of course! Jump on in and make yourself at home! I didn't see your post on the last thread, but most days I'm running around crazy with work, two kids, gym, etc. I do my best to chat it up when I have some extra time. WELCOME to the group!

Great day here. I had a training session today and we did ball exercises for the entire workout. It was fun and challenging. I wanted to mix things up a bit. I just feel like my body is bored right now and needs something mixed up a bit.

I was psyched to see a new low on the scale today. After being stuck for 2 months it feels good to see the numbers move lower. Now to keep moving!!!

Hubby is finally starting to feel a little better. He's been sick and whiney for the past 4 days. Now I think my 2.5 year old is coming down w/ something. He's always the best sleeper for me and tonight he just can't get settled down.

I was talking to my almost 4 year old tonight about his birthday...on the 27th. I was asking him what he wanted to do for his birthday. Apparently he wants black balloons and a black cake. Don't ask me. He's completly obsessed with trains these days so I think I'm going to try to replicate his favorite toy train. Not sure I'll have the time or energy for it so I may stop into a bakery or two and see what they can come up with. We don't do kid parties yet, but we do have a fun-filled weekend planned for him with several of our good friends.

I think I'm going to hit the bed. I have a feeling a little someone may be waking we up in the middle of the night.

Sweet Dreams Everyone!
Old 07-09-2009, 03:19 AM   #25  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Ruby, by all means, butt in! We love new friends. I haven't been here too long, but I don't have a problem making myself at home, and these ladies are just so hospitable!

Georgia

PS) I caved and went to my mother's for dinner. Had a bowl of lentil soup (homemade, meat-free and very low fat), a piece of spanakopita (okay, that wasn't too low on the fat, but it's spinach), and some tomato salad. I was full, but she kept bringing more food out and really didn't want to take no for an answer. We had to get belligerent and then she managed to turn it around again like we were the unreasonable ones. I'm not going back again till next week!
Old 07-09-2009, 07:15 AM   #26  

Barb - I'm with you - our exercise routines need a little change up. I think our muscles get accustomed to a regular routine and need some surprises thrown in. The instructor for the summer water class is new - hoping it will shock the body a bit. Also we have several new ladies in my class last night - some of them very large and unable to do much. It was a great workout last night - she gave us things to do no matter what your fitness level. Oh and I do love working on the balls.

Ladies - I'm a little afraid to say it out loud but I am back in the zone. It's the feeling I'd love to bottle for a rainy day. Can't wait until tomorrow to get my formal plan down for next week - this was a rough one without one.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 07-09-2009, 07:28 AM   #27  

Smile Hi!

Good morning ladies, How is it going today...so far?

B'fast 1/2 bowl of bran flakes with 1% milk. Yea!

I am making some zucchini muffins right now. I lowered the calorie content by using 1/2 the oil and splenda instead of sugar. Used a banana to replace some of the oil. Now I am not sure how many calories are in them, but I made them in my mini-muffin pan. I figure one won't sabotage me.

Ruby, welcome! When you post on Sun. a lot of the time that post doesn't get read, unless our moderator moves it to Mon.?? Hi Heather. LOL! Just a thought.

Well, it looks as if everyone is getting back on track.

Does anyone know what happened to Lilion? I haven't seen a post by her lately. Come out, come out! Miss you!

I have been thinking about trying weight watchers simply filling program. The only problem with that is BREAD! I love my bread and I don't know if I can stick to it if I start it. I thought since I have already given up sugar this might be the next step. Does anyone here follow the program? I find calorie counting easier, (not really easy) but I am not getting the results I did to start with. Maybe I need to shake it up.

Another week almost gone! Boy the time is flying. I promised myself I would be down at least 50 lbs by the end of the year. At the rate I am going..it aint't gonna happen. Need motivation. I can do this. Ta for now, Ruth
Old 07-09-2009, 08:11 AM   #28  

I am on track too. Had a good day yesterday with the eating. Didn't exercise, but it let me nurse a pulled glute muscle (well, something's wrong with it... not sure what). Feels good to get control back!
Old 07-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #29  

Morning ladies,

Good to see the enthusiasm this morning. I too am feeling much more positive.

I did pretty good yesterday on my plan. I've got to log it and be accountable and get today's log started. I ended up totally frustrated and disgusted by several things when I got home last night. I ended up not riding Spanky because I didn't think my head was in it nor did I swim. I did do several physical things like moving big bags of dirt and cinderblocks and then started on the trim mowing. I needed to just be outside and sweat while I whipped my attitude back into shape and remembering how blessed we are in spite of life dramas. DH and I need to go on vacation.

This morning, I was up almost early and did 25 minutes of hand weights, pilates, and stability ball work. OMG, my legs and lower back so need the pilates. Gotta get those muscles more flexible again. I was going to be up earlier but I swear the TV became possessed at 4:15ish as it kept trying to turn on and then would shut off immediately. I tried to turn it off via the remote but it wouldn't stop. I finally got out of bed and turned it off at the set. That was so weird. Unless I was hallucinating and doing it myself but I don't think so. I fell back asleep and was not excited when the alarm started going off at 5:05.

I've been thinking more about my plan. Following a specific "diet" doesn't work well for me since DH is the primary grocery shopper and cook. Maybe it would work better if I did all the planning but sometimes I get tired of having to be the one that does everything. My plan is to keep calorie count to around 1600-1800 calories per day while I'm doing all the outside physical work. As I carry the majority of my weight in stomach fat and I'm over 45, my focus is to limit added sugars. I also have a higher risk of developing diabetes so all the more reason to get that under control now. This plan allows me to have flexibility for the days when DH loses his mind and has to have fried chicken. And it takes the pressure away of feeling like he's sabotaging me by doing the fried chicken. Its about me making modifications and choosing moderation. I do recognize that he does help more the more I make healthy choices. Actions speak louder than bitc*in' about it. Its about making sustainable changes that will lead to permanent success.

Modification, moderation, modification, moderation, modification, moderation.... that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Ruby - Welcome to the group. Jump right in. I'm glad you came back and called us out on not responding to you. We start new threads every Monday morning so like others have said, Sunday posts sometimes get missed. Sometimes we get really quiet too but otherwise, we're a great group of ladies!

Heather - Good job for getting the healthy food in the house. What's your exercise plan for the day?

Angela - I had to chuckle at your dialogue with your mother. My mom is a food pusher even when she knows someone is trying to eat healthy. She determines that in spite of what we say, we want the goodie du jour that she's either made or bought. So annoying! But, they are our mothers. Sigh.

Carol - Good job to you too for getting back on track. Your stamina will come back quickly once you get consistent again. Especially if you're doing different things.

Barb - on the scale! What is it with guys and whining? Geez, if DH gets a hangnail, he becomes incapacitated. But let me have my knees checked and he thinks I'm doing it to get six weeks off work. Hope your boys stay healthy and sleeping!

Georgia - Your planned food sounded wonderful. Yummm! That salad with mixed greens, veggies and tuna sounds like a good option for me to bring for lunches. Good ideas! I also had to chuckle about the Lost island. I might send mine for awhile too.

Debi - for you and your DH. I didn't know that about the veggies and the blood thickening. Hang in there with your healthy cooking and don't use DH as a measure for yourself. Its very frustrating that men can lose faster and seemingly easier.

Ruth - The healthy zucchini muffins sound good. Would you be giving up bread on the WW plan; is that the issue? I'm not too familiar with their new plan or how it works. We're missing Lilion and Valerie. And others - Joe Anne, J-Ann, Charlotte...

I better get this posted. Hope I haven't missed anyone and if I have, it isn't personal!

to all!
Old 07-09-2009, 12:01 PM   #30  

I'm meeting a friend for lunch. We're going to Jason's Deli and I've been online to make a healthy choice. I'm going to get their turkey wrap with fruit. I'd like to try their organic blue tortilla's but figure I'd end up wearing the salsa and I have on a white/blue top and it would be really obvious that I have salsa on my boobs.
Closed Thread