Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 08:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1214

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

I'm back home and nursing a slight sun burn. I'm going to go look at some sun screen later. Now that I know that I'm going to be going out into you know the world and not hiding out in my apartment, well I need some protection. lol I burn easily! I melt in the sun! lol

Turns out I'M NOT EATING ENOUGH! I ate and ate, I felt like I did this weekend, about 97% healthy food and before my trip on Friday I weighed in at 285...today I'm 281. So, this week's goal is to EAT and I've decided to experiment and see if my weight continues to go down with activity and eating eating eating!

I hope everyone is well! *HUGS*
Old 06-08-2009, 09:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning all...

didnt have a great wekend...same ole same ole.

Back to work today. I go to the Dr tomorrow. We will see what she says about everything.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:17 AM   #4  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Happy Monday everyone! Sorry I've been off the thread lately ~ I do read it every day though. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:08 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday everyone!

I am down 2 lbs this week and approaching the weight I was when I gave up the battle and left this board in 2007. Weight loss is a funny thing. So much of it is mental. I had reached a point where I was having a hard time staying on my Low cal/low fat plan and found myself going off plan which led to a binge...for which I would beat myself up and then eventually I just gave up! I was physically *hungry* and then I would make poor choices and then I gained all but 30 lbs of the 100+ lbs I had lost...followed by more beating up of myself.

I guess I had not found the right fit plan wise for me for the long haul. I hope I have now. I am no longer hungry all of the time. I have energy for the exercise that I manage to squeeze in each week. If I for whatever reason make a food choice that is offplan, I just get right back on at the next meal. I don't allow myself to "start again tommorrow...or Monday". Nope. I am not perfect (not even close!), but I will not let one (or two) poor choices derail me. I just won't! I will be 45 YO on Friday and I want to be a MUCH healthier 46 YO on that same date next year.

I have this mental block about getting past the 250's. If I can get below that....that would be a HUGE milestone for me!! I really believe I can do it....but *will* I get there? Time will tell. Thanks for listening to my vent!

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by Torister; 06-08-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #6  
Just a fat guy losing it!

S/C/G: 343/312/220

Height: 6'1

I had a pretty good week last week. I ate very clean and lean, cardio 6 of the 7 days, and even started weights.

Only lost 1 lb though. Would have thought it'd have been 2-3 lbs, considering how well I did and how heavy I am.

Oh well, it's still progress. Onward and upward!
Old 06-08-2009, 02:16 PM   #7  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Torister, wonderful!!

Quote:
I will be 45 YO on Friday and I want to be a MUCH healthier 46 YO on that same date next year.
I turned 40 last Monday and I am a totally different 40-year-old, health-and-weight wise, than I was a 39-year-old...I am SO GLAD I FINALLY DID IT ~ committed to a new lifestyle. Yay for you!!
Old 06-08-2009, 03:22 PM   #8  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

The side affects have calmed down to a manageable level. More importantly, I really feel better. I have had so much more energy. So much that I am really trying to evaluate when I last had this much energy. I kind of feel like I have been given an antidote for a poison I didn't know I'd taken. I remember reading that fat produces 40 different chemicals all by itself in the body. I guess I've been chemically depressed for a long time. I wonder how this is going to affect me long term.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Happy Monday all,

I went this morning to help paint our church on the inside. I have never painted houses before, only crafts. It was quite the workout but we got it all most all the way done. It looks beautfiul. It was a blessings to be able to help too.

Letstryagain: I will continue to pray and keep you in my thoughts about your interviews. Good luck sweetie.

Jacquie: Way to go on the -4 pounds.

Cyn: I hope that the Dr appt. goes well. Hugs.

DC: I love your avitar photo. I just love dogs and that one is cute. Happy 40th birthday late. hugs.

Peggy: Way to go on the -2 pounds! Happy birthday to you too for Friday!

Kootch: Congrats on the -1 pounds. Any loss is a great loss!

Catherine: Glad the meds are seeming to help. Hang in there.

Well, I think that is about it for now. I am having such a bad ear ache. I don't know if you can get ear aches from allergies or not? That is the only thing I can think of. I wasn't sick lately so I don't konw what else it cold be from. Hopefully it will pass with some sinus meds.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 06-08-2009, 06:57 PM   #10  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hi ladies and Happy Monday Evening.

My name is Aggie and I have not been on this thread before but just lately I have heard a lot about it and that I should check it out. Well here I am and I hope it is okay for me to drop in. Each of you seem to be doing well and all on the right track, what positive foot steps for me to follow. I have seen of you ladies before and it is nice to see you again.

Dogpal, I have heard such good things about you and from reading your post you seem to be a motivator. Just from looking at your ticker, what an inspiration you are and I can use all the inspiration I can get. Would love to hear your story.

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Hopefully you ladies will not mind my coming back again.

Aggie

Last edited by colormerd47; 06-08-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Aggie -- Welcome! This thread is for everyone!! Good to see you here!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Annie - so how was the painting? I'm am so not a painter - inside or out.

Aggie - welcome!

Johnnie update - the MRSA is not healing. She will have all her teeth removed in the next few days. Then they will remove the artificial hip hardware for some time to let the infection heal and at some point (I don't remember the time frame) they will reinsert it. The mouth is apparently an entry point for infection due to the weakened condition of her teeth from RA meds. Ladies - if you pray please remember her. This is not going to be a quick or easy process. I'm not sure I have ever heard of removing and not immediately replacing a hip joint.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 06-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Aggie - Welcome

Annie
- I think many people get earaches when they have sinus issues. I hope it is better!

Carol
- Will keep you and Johnnie in my thoughts. *hugs*

Well...I was feeling so good after my weekend that I ate wonderfully today, went out and about a bit, then this evening made a quick run to get some sandals and other things. My boyfriend and I went around and we managed to get some sandals and pet supplies before I had, had enough.

Unfortunately I got hit by two small groupings of people snickering and making comments about me. One was a male grouping and the other were three catty girls. I've experienced this before, as we all have, but tonight it really got to me. I ignored the first thing and just got my sandals. The second one just was too much and the funny thing was since I had, had enough I said something LOUDLY to my boyfriend for everyone around to hear it, including the girls. I said, "Isn't it great when people talk about other people, only they don't do it right and they get caught." Then my boyfriend goes, "What? Who?" (he had no idea what was going on around him) and I say louder, "Just some catty women we just passed and they are now hiding out over there as cowards, you know instead of saying what they have to say to my face."

Of course they ran away...the people were younger than me by maybe 10 years...you know early 20s. Obviously it bothered me this evening. I mean I just wanted some sandals and a few other things. I dunno...it got to me this evening and I wanted to go home before the shopping trip was over. Just one of those things... I know the "don't let it get to you" thing, but you know sometimes it does.

Hope everyone is well...*hugs*

Last edited by Jacquie668; 06-08-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

13+ hour day, lots of stress, binge night. Ate a total of 3167 today (mostly on my way home). I am going to have to plan food better today.
That's it for me.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:02 PM   #15  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hi ladies,
It is me again. I was just reading the overview of this thread and it mention we could speak on our frustrations, I have one now and I really could use a pep talk.

First let me say Jacquie, I have been there so I know first hand how that made you feel, some folks just don't get it, they have no clue that we are people with feelings, caring and loving and giving people, sometimes I think it makes them feel better about themselves in some small way. I have learned that even though it disturbs me, makes me want to cry, and even feel unworthy at times, it is really there problem and I need to pray for them.

I am very frustrated right now because tomorrow I have to attend my grand daughters graduation with the rest of my family and as usual I have absolutely nothing that looks half way right on me. I honestly would like to stay at home in my own little secluded world where I feel safe and not have to worry about the outside world judging me......or worry about fitting into a seat. I know that if I do not go, I will be letting her down and I cannot do that, so I will have to suck it up and my fears and feelings to the side. This is just where I am right now, and there is no one here to really tell my feelings to, so I hope this was okay to say here, I just needed to talk to someone.

Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 06-10-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Closed Thread