Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 02:08 PM   #76  

The Story of BikerChick.. The Early Years

Hrm, Bikerchick has been in existence since the first time baby bikerchick decided to take apart the inside of the bike bottom bracket (where the pedals connect) at the young age of 8 yrs old. Getting it back together was a challenge! Baby bikerchick was always doing things like that. She wanted to know EXACTLY how things worked. Baby bikerchick was off and riding! This was a great time to be a baby bikerchick cuz neighborhoods in the south were safe and the only time there was trouble was when the local kids decided to build bike ramps higher and higher.... "I double dare you to do it one more brick high!" Ahhhh, the scars on the knees. No helmets or gloves. It's no wonder we all survived. Riding with no hands and with playing cards in the spokes. My parents had to hide their bridge pack cuz it kept losing cards out of it.

Baby bikechick grew up to be .... Teenage mutant bikerchick!! For 4 years, she faithfully delivered over 100 newspapers on her own route. Many times, that old 10 speed had no brakes and she proudly emulated Fred Flintstone method of stopping - can you say excessive shoe wear? When the frame broke at the bottom bracket and she took beat up bike to shop where she bought it... the shop laughed at the brakeless mess and newspaper ink all over the handlebar tape and just gave her a new bike. Frames on bicycles are notoriously strong and it's rare for one to break the welds (normally, they have lifetime warranties).

TM bikerchick faded out of the limelight when she learned how to drive a car (and a school bus and finicky VW buses...). Soon, BikerChick reappeared during her Master's studies in Clemson SC! There were these cool bikes called nountain bikes and you could go thru trails set up on campus..she found a group of other cyclists and found out all about taking things apart and putting them back together correctly. She found out other cyclists are eager to share their knowledge an have a form of GAS (gear acquisition syndrome.. much like guitar acquistion syndrome). This form of GAS does propel the cyclist into bike shops were other geek cyclists work.

BikerChick has been alive and well now since graduating from both Master's and Doctoral programs. She infected her Mom (now BikerMa) with GAS and BikerMa is legend at BikerMa's work. 20 something yr olds have riden with her and can't believe how she pedals!!

Now BikerChick lives in the DC metro area and loves to go out riding on her flat route. She is plagued by psychosquirrels, but seems to have a couple of tom cat allies.

Hugs!
Ratkity
Old 06-13-2009, 02:29 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 350/239/160

Smile

Hello Everyone

I just want to pop in and say Hi to all the wonderful folks on this board. It is a major source of support knowing that y'all are here.

My vacation in Northern AZ was good for the most part but all the nature walking really kicked my my butt. Plus our room was at the top of some steep stairs that also challenged me. Overall, the whole experience made realize that I really need to step up the dieting and increasing my physical stamina. Next year, I want to have a good time without all this hassle.

Prayers and hugs for everyone!

Pennie
Old 06-13-2009, 04:12 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Pennie: Where did ya go?? Flagstaff?? I want to spend some time near lakeside/Pinetop this summer

Went to Dr today. I basically told her I "looked" at my results at work. She said that she did not have them. I said that the Estrogen was still pendning. She said she will wait for that to diagnois me!!!!

They test that was abnormal that I could see was for microsomal..normal range is below 35..mine is at 488!!! Yeah there is something wrong with my thyroid.!

What makes me so $#@^% MAD,,is I have been telling them since last Sept about my moodiness and crying and periods and they dimisss it with oh its your weight. Well that maybe half true, but it makes me mad when you tell them Something is wrong with me, and they dismiss it. I am not starting on the anti depressants UNTIL she gets my test results back!

I came home and was a little mad at myself. If I had not gotten to this size..maybe this could have been avoided. HOw can you not know that you are unhealthy! I am not bashing myself, just doing a reality check!

I have let soooo much "life" pass me by..out of fear, guilt, regret, and this weight. It is time to LIVE.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:33 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Happy Saturday all,

Rat: Loved the Bikerchick story. Thanks for sharing! Yep, I do love learning. My sweet Joel calls me a nerd. lol. He asks me lots of times, HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT? lol. I tell him the truth, I just do. I don't know how but I am such a thinker that some stuff just sticks I guess. lol.

Catherine: I'm so glad that your sewing machine is fixed. I am about to embark on making curtains. I can barely say that without laughing. I suck as a seamstress. I will give it a good try though. Not only am I going to try to make curtains, I am actually going to try to make a fan type curtain for our half circle window that lets the blazing morning sun into our house. Wish me luck and maybe send me some of your sewing genious telepathically.

Ags: So sorry that you had a gain. That is so frustrating and believe me I went through that for so long. Hang in there sweetie. The class that I was taking was at church and it was called "Celebrating Our Differences" It was a wonderful class and I really learned a ton about the differences between men and women. About time at almost 43 wouldn't you say. lol.

Battle: So glad that the interview went well. I will continue to pray for your jobs. Hope you have a wonderful day out and about walking.

Debi: I am praying for your DH. Hugs sweetie.

Julia: you are always so busy in the summer with your kids. You are an amazing Mamma!

Cyn: Hugs. Please don't be too hard on yourself. I mean go ahead and be mad for a bit but then, ease up and love you and just resolve to get healthy!

Winki: Have a great weekend.

Carol: Hi friend. Thank you so much for letting us know about Debi's hubby. If you talk to her please send her our love. Hugs to you too doll.

Leslie: Welcome back! So, so happy to see you. Glad that you are back on WW and the very best of luck to you. I enjoyed WW but it didn't work for me. I wish you all the best.

Angie: I will add your Dad to my prayers. Glad that you horrid week is over and not too much damage done. Ya, I have been called deep a time or two. lol. I think sometimes I get lost in that deepness. lol.

Pennie: Glad that your vacation was nice. Sounds like you did lots of walking.

Well, I have a job interview at Dept. of Labor on Monday morning very early. It is a very coveted job around here as it is a State job with good benefits and good pay. I applied for it last Monday and took the tests for it. I scored a 90% on the one test and on the typing test I scored a 74 words per minute. That is great as they are only looking for someone who can type 45 words per minute. All of that allowed along with my resume allowed me to get an interview.

Joel and I went to Home Depot and bought a new screen door for our slider on the porch. What a difference it makes having a cross wind come in.

Well, I guess that is about all the news for me here in North Idaho.

Have a wonderful weekend and stay healthy.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 06-14-2009, 08:21 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Debbi, HUGSXXXXXXX I don't pray but I will be thinking & hoping he gets better quickly so he can be sorted out VERY SOON.xxxxxxxxxx
I'm struggling & feeling rubbish (back/hip pain) don't want to be a downer so 'wallowing in self pity' on my own. I'll be 'back' on Monday, hopefully, once my hormones are back to normal.
xxxxxsharon
Old 06-14-2009, 02:18 PM   #81  

G'afternoon my Peeps,

BikerChick was determined to go out and ride today. The lawn was mowed and most of the chores done. Then TOM appeared. Undeterred, she took 2 midol, donned her spandex and was off!

I managed 45 min of riding (about 8.7 miles). Dang that TOM! I definitely feel weaker than last season at this time. Still, it was good to get outside, soak up some rays and look for psychosquirrels.

I feel like I'm crawling out of a black hole. My eating hasn't improved and I'm lucky to be maintaining. Yesterday, I bought some salad stuff and then actually ate one last night instead of letting it rot in the frig! Baby steps

Hugs to all my chickies and roosters! Yay for bike rides, getting outside, walking, doing Home Depot runs and just hanging in there despite life. I lubs you all.

Luv,
Ratkity
Old 06-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #82  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hey the darlin's,

Good Sunday to ya all. I feel great and empowered today, I made it to church this morning and it was a wonderful service, all the things I needed to hear and now put into action.

I am excited, yesterday I bought two new dresses and cannot wait to wear them, also Rat has made me soooo happy, I think I have found the trike that I want thanks to her. Love you Ratkity. And heres cheers to you for your bike ride today over eight miles, I would have been sitting on the crub calling a cab to pick me up. LOL What an inspiration you are.

Hope everyone else is having a blessed day. See you dolls later.

Ags
Old 06-14-2009, 07:45 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 330/305/190

Height: 5'10

Hi ladies,

It has been 5 weeks of being in the same 5 lb range. I keep going up and down within this 5 lb range and it's making me crazy. I have had many OP days, and a smattering of bad days, but overall I have been eating less and moving more. This week has been 6 days of POP and 1 day not so great, but not a huge binge at all. I have been meeting my exercise goals. Normally I allow some slack with exercise during my TOM week because I get really sick, but not this time--I kept to my exercise schedule anyway.

I know my pattern is to stay stuck for a few weeks and have a good whoosh, but for crying out loud I didn't expect to be in this situation only worse than ever while being this high in weight. I will just keep on keeping on and if my whoosh doesn't come within a couple of weeks I'll look at some changes. Today I was feeling discouraged and got that what's-the-use attitude, but instead of giving in I went for my walk anyway and stayed with my eating plan.

So I have those slightly too small new clothes in my closet. I wonder when they will fit. I thought a 10 lbs. loss should do it and by now I'd be wearing them regularly. Maybe next year?

Thanks for listening to the whine. No one said this would be easy or fair.

Catwuv: I know for me, being able to enjoy outings and keep up with others on trips is a big motivator. It is at those times when I realize how much of life I am either living or not living depending on my weight and stamina.

Cyn: Please don't blame yourself for your doctor not taking your complaints seriously enough because you are overweight. It makes me so angry how often larger people are brushed off by doctors. In any case, it sounds like you are finally getting some answers and will get the care you need.

Annie: Thank you for the prayers on my job interviews. May I return them for you. Good luck tomorrow.

Sharon: I hope you are feeling better today.

Rat: Good job on going out for a bike ride when you had a good excuse not to. Thumbs up!

Ags: You are sounding so positive. Enjoy your new dresses. I've made a vow to buy some dresses too. I usually only wear pants.

Last edited by letstryitagain; 06-14-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:44 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Hey all! Back yet again! It's been a super busy month or so for me. What with finals, opening a shop online with one of my best friends, my 23rd birthday & party, photography sessions, and now summer classes starting, I've had about zero free time.

But now I'm just in classes & helping out with the shop, so hopefully I can post with more regularity, at least for the time being. :] Hope you have all been well! I'm going to get to bed early, but I'll pop in here before class tomorrow.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:20 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Kayley..welcome back!! PM me with your online store!!!!

Today I went to my brothers and him and I took my two boys and our niece to the mall. I HATE the mall! I am even an 80's child that grew up in malls but have sence hated it! BUT today was fun. Zoe my niece wanted to ride the carosel so my brother took her on it. It brought me such joy to see her smile and laughing. She is 2. We got a good bit of exercise in too! Then we went to my sisters house and just chatted for a bit. For the first time in months I allowed myself to smile!! It really felt great!
Old 06-15-2009, 06:46 AM   #86  

Cyn, you have every right to be angry with your Doc! I will tell you that on Christmas Eve, after feeling lousy for WEEKS...sleeping 12 plus hours a day and still being exhausted, I nearly passed out at Macy's. I *knew* my thyroid meds levels were OFF and I needed a new prescription with a different dosage. I told my doc that I had been eating ON PLAN and within my calorie range to lose and I was GAINING. Of course, she did not believe me...heck...I was nearly 330 lbs! She figured I was not being truthful and looking for a quick fix. I was NOT! I just wanted to feel NORMAL again.

Well, let me tell you, I got a VERY apologetic phone call that very night when my labs came back saying my levels had tripled and it was a wonder that I could even get out of bed. She now takes me very seriously when I say things are not feeling right. Your thyroid being off can produce the symptoms you are having... I hope you get it straightened out. Good Luck!

Last edited by Torister; 06-15-2009 at 06:48 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:30 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

STOP!!

New week, new thread!!
Closed Thread