Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 12:52 PM   #46  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Hey girls! I'm in a very good mood this morning. My older son, Quinn, decided to take the weekend off from boarding school and we're together in the new house until Sunday. In my exuberance, I made whole wheat pancakes for us. Ate three, totaled the calories, over 800! Well, it's a special morning.

Quinn wants to move in with his brother and me at the end of the school term and go to the local public high school, which is a perfectly good school. That will make him the third generation from my family that graduates from there. I'm so overjoyed! This was entirely his idea, and he doesn't even know about the divorce yet. He says he needs to be with his family for a year before going to college and to have a bit of a normal high school experience.

I am so blessed!!!

Madamruppy, I just read something that talked about how our nasal receptors are accomplices when we cave to eating foods we need to avoid. So, I pray that the smell of the fries becomes something that doesn't appeal to you on any level. You're are definitely in the lion's den! Congrats on your first day of success.

GG, the bed arrives on Monday morning. I have a lovely Indonesian teak dresser and lingerie chest and a pineapple pedestal table to use as a lamp table by the bed. All I have to get is a pretty lamp and I'm set to have a gorgeous, sophisticated girlie bedroom. This is taking me back to when I first moved to college and got my own place. Maybe I should take some classes at the community college and complete the experience...

I met a fun gal yesterday who is going through the same experience as me. We had a long chat and I think I found a new friend. She invited me to go with her to see a speaker, Beth Moore, in June. I don't know who that is. Are any of you familiar with her?

Have a lovely weekend...

Georgia
Old 04-25-2009, 04:14 PM   #47  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals!
It's absolutely beautiful and warm here in PA today. This morning we took the boys out to breakfast and ran a couple errands. Then I left DH home with the kids while I met a buddy at the gym. We worked out for an hour or so and then treated our self to sugar-free water ice and wanted around a nursery...I got a few violas to pot along with a rose bush. Now we are sitting here waiting for Comcast to fix one of our cable boxes. After that I hope to take the boys for a ride in the new trailer.

I'm hoping to pot my plants and spend some time outside. It's really tough to do with the age of the little ones. They don't yet completely understand staying by my side and not running off. Too scary.

When I was at the gym today the owner asked me if I'd do a testimonial and let them post my before/current pics on the website. I'm flattered. They also gave me a smaller shirt to wear for the pics...an XL. It's been a LONG time since I've only had one X in my size. It's scary putting myseifl out there, but I figure if I can help just one person start their own journey to health it will be well worth it.

Man...the cable guy out here might be the most unfriendly service person I've ever encountered! Well...as long as he gets it fixed.

I can't think of anything else to babble about. Not sure what's up for dinner tonight. I am in serious need of grocery shopping! I also hope to get to Kohl's at some point.

Geo - That is wonderful! I'm so glad you are having a great day! Great news about your new friend. I haven't heard of the speaker.

Mad - I am sure day 2 is going great! If you can make wise choices while working in a FF place you can handle anything!!!

Dang....Cheez-its are evil! You know how we all have certain foods we just shouldn't have around? Well, that's one of mine. While out shopping the other day my son spotted them because they have a Sponge Bob Cheez-it out. I bought them for him. He just came up asking for his "Sponge Bob crackers". It's so hard to resist them. At least I only had 1/2 a serving...not 1/2 the box like I would have in the old day.

I should run for now.
Later chicks!
Old 04-25-2009, 06:24 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Georgia - Beth Moore is a Christian speaker. Very good. She puts out a lot of women's bible studies and does speaking engagements worldwide. If you google her, you'll find her webpage to learn more.

Spanky and I had our lesson at the trainer today. He's getting much better about loading up into the new trailer. We're not riding yet but she sure is working us hard. I love it. I need someone who can help me learn to teach him the things he needs to learn. We're both wiped out when she's done with us.

Gotta get some house cleaning done. Back later!
Old 04-25-2009, 06:46 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 364/363/200

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoblewis View Post
I just read something that talked about how our nasal receptors are accomplices when we cave to eating foods we need to avoid. So, I pray that the smell of the fries becomes something that doesn't appeal to you on any level. You're are definitely in the lion's den! Congrats on your first day of success.
Sadly this is my 15th year there and they still smell good. However for the most part I am tired of all the food there and have been for a long time
Old 04-25-2009, 08:04 PM   #50  

Got the garden broke up again and planted the squash and zuc, cucumbers and cherry tomatoes. Now if they will grow and produce as much as last year.YUMMY!!
I have a pretty good sunburn to boot...didnt seem that hot at the time. Got lots of exercise working today!!
hugs
Old 04-25-2009, 08:25 PM   #51  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Well. Yesterday we went to a silent movie in a restored old theater. We've done this a few times. Every time, I swear I won't go back until I've lost 50 pounds. Getting into those seats is simply excruciating.

This evening mom and I looked at a bunch of pics online from a family event we didn't go to, and I was looking at some of my cousins, thinking, why can't I look nice in pics?

Feeling a bit sorry for myself, which I know is completely useless.

Does anyone out there use a Foreman grill?
Old 04-25-2009, 09:34 PM   #52  

Vortex- I love my george forman! I marinade chicken breast in A1 chicago steakhouse marinade. Then throw them on the george forman...YUMMY! Great cut up on top of a salad.I always grill extra for lunch the next few days. I didnt care for burgers on it.Plan on trying porkchops again soon on it.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:06 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Well, I'm bummed. This morning was the Trolley Run and I was supposed to meet up with Carol and her DH. We were having a storm at the time we were to leave and the weather people were saying that it was going to rain all morning. So we didn't head to the city. By 7:30ish it had passed and they changed their forecast to no rain this morning. By then, it was too late for us to drive up. But Carol and her DH were there so I'll be anxious to hear how she did and how she liked it!

Angela - We use a Foreman grill and love it. Actually, we're on our second one.

to all!
Old 04-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Terri - we missed you - I sent you pics! It was a great experience - volunteers cheering us on all along the route. We need to make the Dog n Jog - have you seen any info on it?

Busy day getting ready for the tile setter tomorrow. I think I need to back to work to rest.

Have a great Sunday!
Old 04-26-2009, 07:55 PM   #55  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Hey everyone, just checking in briefly with some great news! My older son Quinn has been with me all weekend at the new house, and he's decided that he doesn't want to go back to boarding school next year and wants to come and live with me and his little brother and go to the high school from which I and my dad graduated. I am so happy! He said he just wants to be with his family and to have one year of a normal, average American high school experience.

One of the big knots in my stomach dissolved as a result of this. I'll have both my sons with me this next year and we'll be together while we're adjusting to the new structure of our family. We'll all be here for each other.

I feel so blessed.

Georgia
Old 04-27-2009, 07:51 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

STOP and GO to the next thread!
Closed Thread