Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 10:48 AM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

Heather- I did bbq chicken breast in the oven on sat and still eating on them for my lunch. Fast easy and filling and stays with me!!
Old 04-21-2009, 01:29 PM   #17  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I had an "aha" moment this morning. I'm sitting at my desk and the divorce summons is right by my computer. As I was looking at it, feeling sadness wash over me again, and shock, and anger, and disbelief...and that's when I finally saw how I'm still on the road to weight loss with the hopes of my husband seeing that I really am losing weight and he'll want me again.

AND IT'S TIME TO LET THAT ONE GO.

Because I really, truly don't want him. And I really, truly don't want to lose weight for him. And I really, truly want to lose weight for me...and suddenly the pressure is lifted. And the steps I take toward wellness, I own them completely. For me.

I'm sitting with that idea now. The first thing that occurs to me is that I don't have to "get skinny" by a certain time. Every step I take towards good health is a reward on it's own, and represents success to me. Every choice I make to veer off the path towards wellness is only a choice that keeps me from achieving goals, the goals that I own.

And what are my goals? To enjoy complete wellness, of mind, body and soul. To experience my strength. To have the power and resolve to do whatever it is that I wish to do. To fully participate in life and not have to regret a choice made based on how much I weigh or what I look like. And to teach my sons that they can do the same for themselves.

Georgia
Old 04-21-2009, 04:42 PM   #18  

Smile

Oh Georgia! I know how hard it is to get divorced, even from someone you are better off without. For entirely different reasons, when I realized my first husband was not coming back, I felt as if a weight lifted off my shoulders. What you said touched me so much and I hope that you print your post out and put it somewhere you can read it again when things look dark. You seem like a strong woman and I'm sure that you will "fully participate in life" from now on!!!

And to think, I was only popping on the pat myself on the back for staying firmly at my desk while the rest of my office friends are walking across the street to get the FREE Culver's Frozen Custard concretes they are giving away at the capital for some reason!
Old 04-21-2009, 05:46 PM   #19  
Renaissance Woman

Are you kidding me???? Free ice cream? Where!!!???

geo
Old 04-21-2009, 08:35 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Georgia, that was a very powerful post!

Not the LAST one, mind you, but the one before that!
Old 04-21-2009, 09:35 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Georgia - no words for you - you are one strong woman and I'm so appreciative you are sharing that strength with me as I travel this journey.

Thank you,
Carol
Old 04-21-2009, 10:12 PM   #22  
BELIEVE!

Georgia - I have chills. You are an amazing woman and such and inspiration!
Old 04-21-2009, 11:19 PM   #23  
Renaissance Woman

Thank you, everyone. You're all so warm and accepting and I feel so blessed to be surrounded by all of you right now.

These little moments of clarity, I sooooooo wish I could stand fast in them and not be swayed by events around me, the actions of others, or my own stupid choices on any given day. My big goal for this year (and that's probably not enough time to perfect this skill) is to learn not to be so reactive in difficult times. If I could nail that one...wow, that would be something!

And then I want to just break past 300 lbs., forever.

Has anyone watched The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency on HBO this last month? That woman is such an amazing character! What a wonderful role model for young women these days, full of heart and wisdom. The books were beautiful. I really recommend it.

Georgia
Old 04-22-2009, 07:33 AM   #24  

georgia-HUGS and I am so proud of you and happy for you!! YOu are amazing and i am proud to call you my friend!!

We got onions planted yesterday. I am really sore from all the raking and using a hoe. It was great exercise but I am not looking forward to having this big of a garden and having to keep the weeds out.LOL
I may not be losing much weight but i can tell a difference in my body. Exercise must be working !!
have a great day everyone!
Old 04-22-2009, 09:09 AM   #25  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning! How's everyone doing today? All is well here. I just took the kiddos to daycare, made breakfast and am getting some work done...well, saying HI then I'll work. I have a working lunch date at PF Changs today so I'm planning food accordingly. Then I have a training session this afternoon. All the makings for a good day.

Can I share what a good day I had yesterday? It was just one of those amazing days along the weight loss journey....I was wearing a new shirt that actually fit correctly and clung to me a bit. I was a little self concious going to work and then I started getting compliments right and left. At one point I was standing in a hallway and saw someone I knew walking towards me. I haven't seen her in about 6 months. She was just walking and nearly passed me w/o saying a word. I thought "how rude". Well, then she stopped and let out a little gasp. She said she didn't realize it was me standing there. It was a crazy moment. That was just one of many moments. It was just a cool, cool day! Guess I should buy a few more clothing items that fit.

You gals are making me want a garden, but I know I don't have anytime to deal with it. Guess I'll stick with farmer's markets this summer.

OK...work...for real....

Make it a great day!!!
Barb

Last edited by BarbPA; 04-22-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:46 AM   #26  

Morning all!

Did pretty well yesterday. I ran out and got my clerk a plant for Sec. Day and delivered it back to the office, then went home, changed and walked the dog. Figured out what to cook and had a healthy dinner. All in all, a successful day. I'm not counting my points/calories right now, but just concentrating on doing what I know I have to do to get back in the swing of things. Today I parked 1/2 mile from work and walked.

Today there is cake and cookies in the break room... I will stay strong!

Barb, I had a moment like that a couple of years ago, right after I lost the first 70. A woman walked up to me and said, "Oh My God! I didn't even recognize you! You've lost so much weight!" We chatted for a bit and all the time I was thinking, "Well you must have lost more than me because I still don't know who you are!!!" I hate when I can't remember people who remember me......

Gotta run. Busy, busy!

Last edited by Lilion; 04-22-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:26 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Just hello! Work is very busy. I'm regrouping on the health front. Home is busy. I've been rather obsessed/haunted (?) after finding out that a friend from several years ago just lost her husband to ALS. They had only been married 13 years ago and I still remember the early years. We had lost touch as she went to work somewhere else and then had children and we both got busy. I didn't even know he was sick. I went to the family visitation and my heart is just broken about what that disease did to him. I didn't even recognize him. I can't get the thoughts out of my head about what they have endured the last 1-1/2 years since he found out. He was only 45.

On the garden front, just bought my first two flowers. Dahlias. We're having an Earth Day goodie sale to raise money. Plus we got to wear jeans to work today. Its also Employee Appreciation Day so I bought the flowers for myself since no one here will do anything for me.

Better get busy.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:06 PM   #28  
Renaissance Woman

Terri, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll pray for your friend's family.

My mother has always had dahlias in her garden. They're so beautiful.

Lilion, I wish you strength! I just read something about the addictive nature of fats and sugars, how it's a lethal combination for one's will, and just one bite of it will make you want more. So if you can resist the first bite, you're good to go!

Barb, oh yeah baby! I can tell you're looking so fine, even from here!

I'm feeling strangely fine this morning. I hired a lawyer today, went for my "therapy session" at Target, and have already done two loads of laundry. I'm getting my new bed today! I'm so excited! It's from Pottery Barn...http://www.potterybarn.com/products/...rger&fromrgl=0. I've never had a proper bed before, always just had mattresses on a frame, then found some old headboard somewhere. So this is going to be nice! I had to leave my king-size bed behind, with the King of Pain. So now I'll have a queen-sized bed, for the Queen of Joy.

Georgia
Old 04-22-2009, 02:41 PM   #29  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals!
Just back from a wonderful fun working lunch at PF Changs. I made smart choices and feel good. That's one of the places I'm ok with cause I always know what I'm ordering - chicken lettuce wraps. Now a little more work before my workout! I'm psyched for it today cause I'm with my favorite trainer.

I just hooked the kid's bike trailer on and after dinner tonight I'm going to take them for a test spin around the neighborhood and see how they do...well, how I do pulling them.

Terri - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend...and for the difficult time you are having thinking about it! Good for you treading yourself to flowers....we need to take care of ourselves however it makes us feel good!

Lilion - LOL!!! Sounds like you are really thinking about things and doing a great job getting back on track!! Rock on!

Geo - LOVE the bed. It sounds like you are having a good time getting yourself settled in and taking care of YOU!!!!

What are the other chickies up to?

Back to work for me....
Old 04-22-2009, 05:52 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Barb - - Now that IS a great day.

Terri, Lilion,Georgia -- hang in there!

Warm and sunny here. Nice. Good day at work, and a good workout with the trainer. I'm just finishing my post-workout protein shake and then I'll hit the grading...
Closed Thread