Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 06:05 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Well...Chickies...

Christmas will be here soon..and we are all ready! I am actually ready for it!!! And to get going on 2009. Tomorrow we open gifts then we will go get my brother (he does not drive) and go to my sisters to open gifts and eat an early dinner. I am incharge of making to cheese cakes. NO dont fret I do the no bake Jello ones!! Thats what we love.

HUGS to those that need them!!

You ladies have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 10:01 PM   #32  

Height: 5'7"

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

keep your water handy to sip on and help wash away all the calories ...

hugs
Old 12-24-2008, 11:24 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Purple: Great job at the restaurant eating properly.

Beth: I hope that Caligh moves soon. lol. You are so sweet putting flowers on your gram's grave. Hugs girl.

Angie: I work out usually watching something I recorded on Tivo.

Cyn: Yeah to you for getting your calendar ready for the new year and new you!

Debbie: We sure are getting the snow. lol. It is so pretty and I have hobbled, walked with my Dear sweet Joel and doggies each night. It is still coming down.

Toni: Have a wonderful time with your family.

Jacquie: Sounds like you were busy baking.

Debi: I'm so sorry that your brother will be staying where he is but if it is for the best with better hospital care, that is better. Sorry about your daughter's guy too. Hugs.

Sany: Sooooo happy to see you back and 12 pounds lighter !!! Welcome home.

Well, I am still struggling with back pain. I am planning on going to physical therapy in the pool this next week. That seemed to help me before.

I want to tell you all that I love you all and hope that you are having a wonderful joyous Christmas.

Blessings to you all my friends,
Annie
Old 12-25-2008, 05:34 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

ARGH! RANT TIME! lol...

So, my family friend and I have been planning this event for like a few weeks and we did most of the final details in the week before, maybe before that. So, we had to go through my guy's parents, notably his father, who is a handful. Case in point, we told him to go pick up a medium sized turkey and said that 13-15 pounds, somewhere in there, would be good. We are serving this turkey to 11 people, but we have other dishes. He came home with a turkey less than 12 pounds.

My family friend and I had plans to make a buche de noel cake, aka yule log, and that is actually kind of a complicated cake in terms of time and baking experience. I mean we've never done anything as a "team" before. So, I ask about equipment as we are traveling to parents house to do all cooking. I ask to talk to my guy's mum, who has the first stages of Alzheimers, but is very quick to know what is going on in her kitchen. He refuses to listen to her and if he did then I wouldn't have shown up to discover that I SHOULD have brought my hand mixer, that I was told not to bring.

He told me he had a standing mixer (no he doesn't, he has a food processor)
He told me he has a hand mixer and when I asked if it had various attachments he told me yes...I said *does it have a whisk?* oh yes yes...

I get there, the thing isn't even cleaned, it isn't even put out...he has to "find" it and then it turns out he has NO idea if it has attachments and turns out it had ONE, which was European beaters that shot out while you tried to actually use the thing. Oh and it has ONE speed, high, so everything was over beaten basically.

I'm just irritated...lol. More cooking to be done this morning. Getting started on that now.

Last edited by Jacquie668; 12-26-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:11 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Merry Christmas to you all. Celebrate - enjoy - be safe.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:05 AM   #36  

I have a few min before the family gets moving and wanted to say how much each and everyone one of you mean to me!! I count this site and all my friends here as special blessing!! Merry Christmas!!!
Old 12-25-2008, 08:26 AM   #37  

Happy Christmas! Forgot to say that earlier during my rant moment lol. *SUPER HUGS* You guys and ladies RAWK! You all are a wonderful inspiration and so best wishes for you!

*rushes out the door*

Last edited by Jacquie668; 12-25-2008 at 08:27 AM.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:43 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Just wanted to wish a Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates it! Try to get some extra moving in!
Old 12-25-2008, 02:28 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ladies,
I got my Wii Fit!!! I love it!! We we're up til 2 last night playing with it. Let me tell you, I suck at tight rope walking!! I did good at the jogging, but my balance I really need to work on. I am 4 years older than what I really am according to it. Jim was 8 years older so he really needs to work on it. I thought he would of been in better shape than me being younger and working everyday. Go figure.
I also got Cake Mania for the Wii. It's pretty fun and Jim got me an Mp3 player so I can have it with me when I start walking again, and he bought we a really nice journal to start journaling all my food and exercise. So I'm set for my journey to begin once again.
My dil gave me a beautiful quilt that she made with pics of her and my son from their wedding. Just beautiful. I also got a nice picture of them on their wedding day in a beautiful silver frame. I got my fav lotions for bath and body works and the sleep one really is nice smelling. Lots of candles, and slipper socks. It was a really nice night and tons of presents for all.
Still snowing here too and the sun did try to peek out but it's gone again.
How was your Christmas?
hugs
Debbie
Old 12-25-2008, 02:55 PM   #40  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Just thought I'd offer a Merry Christmas to all who are around, or a Happy Hanukkah (as they overlap this year), and if you don't celebrate anything at this time of year I just hope you're having a good week in general.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:55 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Happy holidays all. I was pretty spoiled, which is always nice. I ate poorly last night and ate everything in site today. Tomorrow is a new and disciplined day.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:20 PM   #42  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

Well, dinner went well, kids helped with the table setting and such. Leftovers are all put away and my son is making the peach-blueberry crisp so I won't have to. I am going to have some but not a ton.
We were told to expect way more snow but we've had about ten flakes all day.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:11 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning ladies..

Yesterday I had a nice Christmas. We were picky with our money this year and got only a few things for the kids, and you know what they were so happy with what they got. We then went and got my brother and went over to my sisters house. It rained here most of the day so going to the park after eating was not an option...but I love the rain and it was a great day. After that we came home and watched the Dark Knight batman movie. Maybe I am old school but I was confused lol. Hubby said I cant compare it to the older batmans its a new series. LOL

I am off of work til Tuesday and could not be happier!! I am taking this time to finish up my calenday and to clean my house that I have neglected lol

Ladies hope you have a great day!
Old 12-26-2008, 09:01 AM   #44  

Morning ladies.

Yesterday was a busy busy day, but it was actually nice. I'm dead tired and the dinner went over extremely well, so my family friend and I are pleased. We really wanted to give my guy's mum the day off because she does so much for the family. So, it was important for us to do this dinner and we managed even with my ranting and hiccups. We had some resistance lol, but we pulled through and at the end of it we both got the "thank you" from everyone.

The cake wasn't so bad either...it was nice. I didn't have any, too sugary for the likes of me. Had minimal sweets and in fact I barely ate as being on my feet all day, wrestling with meat (i'm a vegan), made my appetite go away lol.

Hope you all have a great day. Today I'm resting up for half the day...
Old 12-26-2008, 09:35 AM   #45  

I ate to much the past 2 days and my tummy didnt like it one bit!! Today is back on track. I am going to just trash some of the sweets. Hubby wouldnt even take his blood sugar today knowing it would be bad.
My tree is coming down this morning and that will give me room to do a video workout. The rest of the house could use a once over as well.
hugs to all and drink your water(me too)!!
Closed Thread