Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 11:26 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Terri -- I only have two dogs and some days their issues are too much. I can't see having more! Good luck gettin' them all in line!

Barb -- I'm a psych professor! And an idiot for assigning so much work!

I'm still buried under grading, but have taken a bit of time off from it. I'm going to have to work a lot this weekend... But that should be the worst of it for the term...

I've had a so so week. Most days food was okay, but two days it wasn't. I won't lose and might gain at this rate! But I'm more on track than other weeks...
Old 11-08-2008, 08:57 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Morning ladies,

OMG, yesterday was such a long day at work. I didn't think quitting time was ever going to come. Talk about TGIF.

We went to DH's water therapy. He's not too keen about being in a small tank with other people so once I saw it, I didn't think it would be something that he'd do. And he didn't either. But once he got in and spent an hour with the therapist, he could see that it could help him. We are going to go once a week for a while since we can schedule an after work appointment. The other therapist showed us how he can use the airdyne stationary bike without him having to have issues getting on and off. Just pull up a chair behind it and use the pedals that way. I never thought of doing that. She also showed me a few things I can do to help alleviate the pain points. So, we found it to be very successful and looking forward to more for him.

I made it to the fitness center after work even though I was so tired. Wow, I haven't been there in 3 weeks. I did 20 minutes of a nice, steady walk on the treadmill, circuit machines, 10 minutes on the stationary bike, and a few free weights. It felt fabulous and it helped relieve the vice grip on my brain. After that, I took the evening off from studying.

Today, I'm studying with breaks for housecleaning and a trip into town around noon. I'm going to the library and then get in a workout at the fitness center. Then back to the studying.

to all!
Old 11-08-2008, 07:47 PM   #18  
BELIEVE!

Hi Girls!

Terri - I'm so glad to hear the water therapy went well for DH. What a busy day you've had. Two more days....then you can pass out in your comfy chair.

We had a busy, fun, exhausting day here today. We are a part of a local group of families who've adopted children from Guatemala and we get together once a month. Today's outing was a tour of the Philadelphia Eagles Stadium. It was so cool to see behind the scenes. We went into the press booths, club suites, broadcast booth, interview room and the highlight was the Eagles locker room. We didn't get to run on the field because it was covered and pouring rain. Afterwards we went to a pub type restaurant with a bunch of the families. I was exhausted from carrying Jackson. For whatever dumb reason we didn't take a stroller and he decided not to walk. I certainly got a workout carrying a 25 pound child for 2 hours. As soon as we got home it was naptime. I decided to nap as well. My 3 year old cuddled up with me and we all had a nice long sleep. Afterwards I hit the gym for cardio, picked up Subway and now we are winding down our fun day. I'm just hoping the boys will go to sleep after having late naps today.

I was proud of myself at lunch...it was a typical sports bar/pub menu with lots of fried food. I opted for a small salad with some grilled chicken on it. It was yummy. Most of the people we were with today haven't seen me in a couple months and I got a lot of nice, encouraging comments about my weight loss. Even a couple of the dads said something and men don't usually say that kind of stuff.

Tomorrow I have to grocery shop. I'm jonesin for an apple. Pretty much every night I have an apple with P'nut butter as my evening snack. I've been out for 2 days. Who would have thunk I'd ever want an apple over the other stuff around the house.

I'm going to stop rambling for now....have a fantastic night...whatever you are doing!

Hugs,
Barb
Old 11-09-2008, 09:32 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Morning ladies,

Whew the sun is shining today. Cold but sunny. Yesterday, it looked and felt like snow all day. I kept the doggies inside most of the day because it was the first day of deer hunting season and the neighbors are down for hunting. I was respectful yesterday but not today. They need to be outside and burning off some energy.

I'm trying to study again today. Although I find myself really winding down and my mind wandering. Yesterday, I took a break and went to the fitness center for a short workout. That was a good break. I'll probably do that again today.

Can you believe that it is the holiday season already? I want this season to be one where I don't gain anything. So that means lots of exercise time and being sensible with the foods. It doesn't have to mean in: time for the next seven weeks or so.

Barb - Sounds like a fabulous time with the kids yesterday. And you are doing so great with making the healthy choices when eating out. I see on your slider that you are now at 55 pounds.

Okay, where is everyone else? What's going on that everyone is so quiet?

Elaine - how's the C25K? how's work?

Ruth - what's up?

Valerie - how's Gabe? why are you hiding from us?

Lilion - I know you're buried in work. How was WI this week?

Come out, come out!
Old 11-09-2008, 09:11 PM   #20  

Hey all!

Terri, WI was good. Back down to 250, but I'm not celebrating until I finally get under 250 and stay there! Right now it's just the same five lbs I've been gaining and losing for 17 weeks.

Work has been crazed. I should be there this weekend. I have a stack of files still from JULY that haven't gotten their decisions yet. (And August, and September and October....) But darnitall, I want my four day weekend! Yesterday I did housework and such. Today I had to go to a friends to start cooking for the medieval tournament we do for Toys for Tots each year - it's on the 22nd. I have a gown to make if I ever get to it. It's based on this painting:

Pretty, huh? We'll see if I actually get it done in the next 12 days. I may be wearing something old at this rate.

Anyway, all things considered, I think I'm staying home this weekend and taking the time off.

Hope everyone else has a good weekend!
Old 11-09-2008, 09:38 PM   #21  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals -
Whew...what a day. I'm worn out. I was up early with the boys today. After breakfast and playtime we went out for some shopping at BJs (wholesale club), then lunch at a diner (I had a delicious fresh fruit and cottage cheese plate), after lunch it was naptime for the kids (only one napped) and I hit the gym for about 1.5 hours. Then it was grocery shopping, dinner, baked some cookies for the daycare teachers, cleaning, baths, laundry, boys to bed..... I don't feel like I have sat for more than a second until now and my body feels it. I am stocked up on apples again and just had my evening snack.

Where's DH been all day? Hmmm...couch and computer.

Terri - GOOD LUCK tomorrow!!! I know you are going to do GREAT! Yep....thanks for noticing....55 pounds gone now.

Lilion - I'll hold off on celebrating those 5 pounds until you are ready. The gown is very pretty. Hopefully you find time to make it.

I'm off to watch the Eagles and relax.
Sweet Dreams to all.
Closed Thread