Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 08:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1171

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:05 AM   #2  

Morning ladies!

I had a good weekend, but ate to maintain, not to lose.

I have tickets to a White Sox/Red Sox game tonight -- as I did on Friday! No hotdog for me tonight. I am sure there are lower cal alternatives than the Polish sausage I had on Friday!

How is everyone's Monday looking?
Old 08-11-2008, 08:10 AM   #3  

G'morning all!

ProfHeather, I love polish sausage, but the grease upsets my tummy something fierce. Have a great time at the game!!

Well, the camper sold last night. It was sorta sad to see it go. I hadn't used it for over 2 years. I think it got a great home with some fishermen.

I spent most of my weekend fielding emails and calls for the camper. The funny part is that craigslist was down for most of Sunday, so the post to sell it was up for all of a half day.

Hugs to all!

Luv,
Ratkity
Old 08-11-2008, 08:38 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Everyone,
I feel calm this morning..back on track with the housework and kids. It sure is amazing how much easier life is when your on top of things..whether it be weight or clutter.LOL
I am a little sore today but no where near as bad as I feared I would be from the tumble I took. I think my pride got bruised the most! lol
After the way my zuc got smashed I dont look for them to produce anymore this year.:O(

rat_ glad the camper sold so fast. My mom has a rule if you havent used it in a year then you dont need it. I dont always agree with that rule but its most likely a good idea.

heather_ have fun at the game.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:52 AM   #5  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Back from camping and we were rained on most of the week. Came back 1 day early. Of course this weeks forcast for the weather is excellent.

Actually lost 2.5 lbs. But was not on plan but not to far off either.

Had a date with hubby last night we saw Dark Knight. I liked it. Was well done! Kids want to see it but I dont think so. They are alittle young for that.

Weather has been cool here. I actually closed some windows last night and made sure everyone was covered up. Got down to 10C. It is August right?

Did I tell you that I picked up a gazelle 2nd hand before we went on holidays? Loving it. I am doing 10 min intervals 3x a day right now. The kids just get in the way. I will do the videos when they are still in bed. But I gotta get to bed early enough to wake up for 6:30 to work out wigth the video. But sleep has been fleeting as of late. Mild case of insommnia (sp?). Mostly from messed up routine from holidays.

Wanted to get caught up on last weeks personnals but its to overwhelming!
Old 08-11-2008, 10:52 AM   #6  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone,

I've been pretty absent the last couple of weeks and I don't think it's going to be any better for the rest of August. I finally started doing my math prep stuff last week (did get 2 of the 5 sections cleared at the acceptable 80% level) but I do still have a lot to do. I'm hoping to can peaches this week, make jam as well, and hopefully before the end of the month get some salsa made (once tomatoes are available). I've also started doing some sauces and such for the freezer, for fast meals in the fall.

The weight loss is still going well. In fact I finally am below my lowest weight the last time I tried losing weight. The big plus about that is that I feel so much better than I did at that point. Oh yes, and eating probably 700-1000 cals a day more than I was. I seem to have settled into a comfortable routine with both food and exercise, so this is good.

Although I have popped in and read from time to time I know I haven't really kept up with how you are all doing. I'd like to promise to do that more in the coming weeks, but I'm not sure I'll keep to that. I will try though. I'm hoping once I get a few big tasks out of the way that I'll find a little more free time. I do hope though that you are all doing well. Oh, and Heather, that's a great new avatar, looks like you had a great time on your vacation.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:53 AM   #7  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Debi-I've never been beaten up by a zucchini before. I've had a few rough scrapes with some ill tempered celery, but they had it coming to them.

Heather-When I was looking at the calorie count of the stuff we were selling at the football games, the smokies had fewer calories than the bun they were on. The funny thing is the lowest calorie item in the kitchen were the corn dogs. They were made with chicken dogs, and baked instead of fried. Bizarre.

I'm off for what I hope will be my last PTSD therapy for awhile. I don't want to try doing it and keeping up with my classes this fall. There is only so many ways my brain can be squeezed. Still haven't gotten my winter coat cut out, but I did break the measurements down so I am now ready to alter the pattern. Since my top part fits the pattern, it is so much easier to alter. I just have to add to the bottom for length, and add a pie shape to the side. The only hard alteration is for the sleeve opening. In addition to wanting to be able to layer, and therefore I want lots of room there, I have kind of big shoulders. I don't have much fat on that part of my body, and have always had trouble fitting the shoulders on clothing. I make the sleeve openings a bit bigger, and then have to alter the sleeve pattern by adding by the amount I increased the size of the sleeve hole. That's a lot of math for an old woman.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:20 AM   #8  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Julia...when we went to see Dark Knight, we went with several of DH's friends. One couple brought their 2 boys...who are 8 1/2 and 3 1/2. We all had a few issues with that but none of us can say anything about someone else's parenting choices. The movie scared me in parts so I have to wonder how they took it all in.

The Gazelle is now in the house and we found a place for it to be stored when not in use....but now the challenge is to get it out in the mornings or whenever....but it can and will be done! Hooray!
Old 08-11-2008, 11:25 AM   #9  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Julee - I agree. Heath Ledger did such a convinving job as the joker. It was truly scarry. My boys are 12 & 7. We might let the oldest see it on dvd. But in the truck with Dad where the other kids can not hear or see. (Hubby drives transport and has tv & dvd player in truck for nights he's away.)
Old 08-11-2008, 11:31 AM   #10  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

When I first saw the line about getting a gazelle I thought, "What in the world are they doing with a gazelle?" I was thinking, African animal, then I remembered the Tony Liddo version. It did make me laugh. I have been having trouble with the "Eating Voice", the one that tells me to keep eating, to sneak food, to lie to my husband about eating. I am trying something new this morning, I am breaking my meals up into very small bits to be able to eat every couple of hours or so so I won't be bugged by the Voice as much. Maybe it will help.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:38 AM   #11  

Anne -- So glad to hear you're settling into a good routine! Another example of how you don't have to starve yourself to lose weight!

Catherine -- I'd thought about buying 2 polish sausages and tossing the buns, but I just can't bear the price! I think I might get a garden burger. Oh, and a frozen choc covered banana. 270 calories and a nice treat!

I feel like I'm back on track again! Before I went on vacation I was in a great food and exercise groove. I had hoped to step right back into the exercise when I got back, but because of errands and jet lag, it took a few days to happen.

And food. grrr. I had a few binges when hubby was out of town last week. Over the weekend I got to where I was eating to maintain, and now I need to lower cals a bit to try to take off some of the gain.

I swear, I have to baby-step back to my program every time I go off. At least I'm learning that!
Old 08-11-2008, 01:07 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi all,

I hope you all have a wonderful week and a super great Monday. Drink lots of water, move your bodies and try your best to stay op.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 08-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Default If it doesn't look like food, it likely isn't

I bought Wasa crispbreads this weekend, multigrain. I opened the package and thought "look like a bird pooed seeds onto cardboard". I ate two today for lunch, and I am strongly leaning towards the cardboard theory. I put laughing cow cheese on them. I may prefer to lick laughing cow cheese off my shoes. Not a fan.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Angie - glad my mouth wasn't full when I read your post - NOTE TO SELF - don't try them. Hey - how are you?

Annie - you OK?

Anne - glad you're getting in a routine. When does school officially start?

The scale has been slowly creeping up the last few days - I've not been doing so well eating with a lot going on and have come in at less than 500 calories total for several days this last week. Today is back to healthy eating, back to drinking enough water, back to taking care of myself. It still does seem weird that I need to eat more to fuel this body to lose weight. I'm hoping things are settling down for me a bit and I'll be back to posting regularly - I miss you all.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 08-11-2008, 03:08 PM   #15  

Greetings again all!

I can tell I'm overtired (not just because of the occasional snoring coming out of my cube). I've eaten everything not nailed down today at work. That means JUNK food. My stomach is making raunchy noises as I type. Geeeesh! TOM is due this week too, so that isn't helping.

Realist.. hahahahahaha, I've made a note not to buy any cardboard wasas. Glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read your post. I'd have spit it out at my monitor. I really don't like laughing cow cheese. There's a version with lots of garlic and herbs in it that is very tolerable, but I've only found it once.

Catherine, good luck on the math for the coat. You lost me as soon as you said it had to be altered. I can barely sew a straight line on a machine, but can hand embroider most anything, go figger.

Back to ZZzzz er WORK!

Hugs and luv to all!
Ratkity
Closed Thread