Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 06:35 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Weekly Thread #1169

300+ Weekly Thread #1169

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 06:48 AM   #2  

Good Monday Morning,
The shower went great yesterday. She got lots of nice things. Having a shower at a restraunt is a great idea and no mess on anyone. We even took our own trash bag for the wrapping paper. I asked everyone to be sure and give the waiter good tip seeing how they took such wonderful care of us. Everyone loved the cupcakes. I didnt even eat one.I had eaten enough chips and salsa that I didnt need a cupcake. I stepped on the scales this morning and im up 2lbs. I know its water weight so im upping my water today. I didnt drink my full gallon yesterday.

My mom gave me fresh green beans yesterday. I am cooking them for dinner along with my squash and fresh sweet corn. THe guy who likes my daughter called last night and will be stopping by today with more corn.LOL I think i will lay out some chicken breast to grill to go with the veggies.

hope everyone has a wonderful monday.
debi
Old 07-28-2008, 07:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Morning Peeps - back to Monday and back to work.

I'll try to post a pic later - the dress looked fine - lots of compliments but most of this part of the family hasn't seen me since Christmas. Not sure when the last time was I had a dress on either.

Debi - thanks for starting the new thread.

OK - I'm caught up on personals for this week - LOL. I'll try to do a better job but I'm reading.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 07-28-2008, 08:51 AM   #4  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Well after not sleeping till 6am on Sunday I got up at 9 and made it to church a little sleepy but there LOL we had an Italian dinner after service DH made his meatballs(softball size LOL) and Baked Ziti I had a little of both.........then there was ALL the leftovers so we brought home a pan of Ziti and had a family over for dinner.........I ate a bit too much!

i will post more later still kinda tired this morning! LOL
Old 07-28-2008, 11:09 AM   #5  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

I am going back to work today. My vacation is over and done. But I amr eady...a little (a lot) stressed about seeing what needs to be sorted through and taken care of...but I'm alright. I got up early today and want to have a nice productive day. The TV pilot study was interesting...the vest fit (it was HUGE) and I think she gave me the biggest size but it was a tent anyways. So we watched the pilot episode for "Fringe" which is the new show on Fox from the creator of LOST (JJ Abrams). A lot of it was very familiar in terms of having seen certain elements before...but as the show picked up momentum it got really interesting. If you enjoy the sci-fi/crime/FBI/mystery drama shows...you will appreciate this one.

Happy Monday to all...
Old 07-28-2008, 11:37 AM   #6  

G'morning all!

I called in dead today at work. My stomach got icky last night and I took a phenergan (sp) to stop the spasming (anti nausea drug). That knocks me out. I got up at 6a, sent in a sick leave email and went back to bed until 10:30a. bleh.

Debi, yay for fresh green beans!! I like sauteeing garlic and italian herbs in oil with a pinch of cayanne and then rolling steamed green beans in it. Put in a serving dish and sprinkle parmasean cheese on them. I haven't done that in a while!

Carol, I made steamed/grilled sweet potatoes yesterday! The potato was huge and I nuked it a little longer because there were so many slices. I have a fish basket for the rotisseri and that worked great on the grill to stop escaping slices. One slice was sacrificed to the grill gods anyhow. hehe. They came out great! I have some left for later if my tummy settles.

DMPLS, I'm glad your DH's dinner after church was a hit! Doesn't sound like you had a lot leftover.. always a good sign!! Geeesh, you're tired this morning??? I'm just tired reading your posts..hehe!!

Julee, interesting about the pilot thing and great news about the vest! I find my top is way smaller than my bottom half since losing some weight. Sorry the vacation is over, but you did lots of cool things!!

I believe I upset my stomach late last night with a frosted cookie. I allowed myself to buy one cookie while at the grocery store and saved it for later. I'm not sure if the sweetness started the spasms or the carbs. Whatever the cause, I find it interesting that my best friend (cookies) have finally betrayed me! Well, they always had bad consequences, just not nausea.

Anyhow, I had some tea and am doing ok this morning.

Hugs to all!
Ratkity
Old 07-28-2008, 12:10 PM   #7  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Rat-It is funny how quickly we can get sick if we go back to our old eating. Basically the bacteria in your gut that used to "eat" the cookies have starved to death, so your small intestine can't digest them good anymore. When stuff has to be digested in the large intestine instead, that's never good. It's why you should always eat the local yogurt and honey when traveling. The honey will give you a shot of the local pollen to keep you from having allergies to strange local flowers, and the yogurt gives you the local good bacteria to digest the local food.

I'm off to the head doctor, then the mall. Much more of this, and I'm going to have PTSD from the PTSD treatment.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:28 PM   #8  
The Keymaker

S/C/G: 328/250/160

Height: 5'7

Smile Happy Monday!

Hello everyone! It's so good to see some familiar "faces".

Ratkity, your recipe for green beans sound delicious! Think I might try that one. That's one thing you can't get enough of when dieting...FLAVOR!

I am ending my 3rd healthy week now and tomorrow morning is my weigh-in. I have high hopes for this one because I ate well all week and managed to work out a few times. Plus last week I only lost 1 pound but that was thanks to TOM, so I'm hoping it will balance out this week. Ha!

Keep up the great work ladies!
Old 07-28-2008, 01:07 PM   #9  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

'k gals - time to get serious again. Been lax for a few days due to TOM and unruly hubby. But I reminded my self that comforting myself with food will not solve the problem! Kinda feel like I wasted July and did not work as hard as I could. Big distraction is the kids home everyday ALL day.

AND the matron of honour dress is in! So I have maybe 6 weeks to get off as many inches as I can before alterations need to be completed. The wedding is Oct 18. I dont think I will worry about the lbs right now. I just want to make the dress as small as I can. It is size 28 and I know it fits now. Might be on the lose side now.

I have been reading all of you say good things about the gazelle. Been thinking of getting one this week. I dont get enough kid free time to go out for a good paced workout.

Also got my speedometer on Saturday. Went for a ride and got up to 22km per hour. Could not keep that up long as I had the kids with me so I needed to back track some while they catch up. Cant wait to go for a kid free ride and see what I can do!

Have a good day. Will try to do personals later.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:09 PM   #10  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

nah make that 9 weeks to lose more inches. Gonna Chant RELEASE constantly!
Old 07-28-2008, 01:40 PM   #11  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

grrr family!!! ok anyone know a truck driver that would be willing to pick up a crib(taken apart) and a dresser from Bakersfield, CA and in their route across country drop it off in KentuckY?????

My sister who stored my crib & dresser/changing table (solid wood) kept it after my youngest was born and the ARmy moved us once again....she used it 4 yrs later for her two daughters........then stored it again..........now that we are getting closer to needing it to pass it down to my oldest (engaged) she calls me today and says her husband wants it out of his garage!!! I was there last year and I could of rented a uhaul or something to bring it back.......now I'm afraid I will have to pay for it to be shipped out here!!! I have an email into my childhood g/f to see if she could store it for me for awhile till I can figure out what to do with it! GRRRRRRR My sis has a HUGE house and double garage that is filled with junk LOL they dont use it and still arent going to even with my dresser & crib out of there........he just doesn't want to store my stuff anymore! I would hate to sell it now after all these years of keeping it for a time which very well could be in the next 3 yrs!!!!

any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 02:38 PM   #12  

julee_ hope today goes as planned at work. the new show sounds like it might be our have to watch list for the fall. I cant wait for a new season of tv shows. I just hate that winter isnt far behind the new shows.

julia- I understand the no kid free time..lol babysitting can be hard work and i know i sure dont get paid enough!!

dmpls- I would find a way to keep it or store it ...you will be needing it soon enough. Beds and stuff are so expensive now. I wish i had kept my babies bed but i didnt. I should have kept the cradle and I would have loved having it here for my grandbaby.

rat_ sorry about the cookie upsetting your tummy. I may have to give your greenbeans a try they sound great.I cooked mine southern style with onion and bacon bits. No meat grease though...

jess- hope your weigh in is good tommorow. Great job on 3 weeks of eating healthy.

carol_ cant wait to see the pictures!

catherine_ I just heard about honey being good for local allergies. I am getting some for my daughters. The youngest is always sneezing. My older daughter doesnt have trouble at college but as soon as she gets into the county her eyes start watering. We are the largest corn producers in the state of KY.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:49 PM   #13  

Oh wow, speaking of allergies....

I put my contacts in to mow the lawn this past weekend. I sweat sooooo much (genetics.. thanks dad..hehe) that I can't wear my glasses, even if I wear a decent headband. Well, after mowing and weeding and looking as if someone poured a bucket of water over me.... I get ready to take a shower. Last thing I do is to take out contacts. I look in the mirror and the white of my eyes are red roadmaps.. eeep! I looked scary! Only the places where the contact covered weren't affected. After a shower and allergy eye drops all was well. I don't think I've ever had that happen before. I wonder what was blooming?

Never a dull moment.

Luv,
Rat
Old 07-28-2008, 05:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all doing well. I'm not feeling like chatting much. I'm pretty stressed about finances and jobs and such. I'll be back when I am in a better mood.

blessings and hugs to you all,
Annie
Old 07-28-2008, 06:09 PM   #15  
Johnnie

S/C/G: 390/291.8/??

Height: 5'1"

Debi - The corn guy is going to actually appear in person, he's getting brave haha.

Carol - Looking forward to your pic in the dress. You made me think about the last time I wore a dress and to the best of my unreliable memory it was probably when I was still working, which was 2000. Probably won't be wearing one anytime soon either haha. I did like wearing dresses in the summer during my thinner periods over the years so maybe by next summer I'll be ready to try a dress again.

Julie - Hope you had a good day back at work today. I'm not really much of a sci-fi fan, but I do absolutely love Lost, so since it's a JJ Abrams project I will probably check it out. I've been reading a lot of favorable comments about it.

Rat - Sorry you are feeling icky, hope you stomach and eyes are both much better this pm. I'm also going to try green beans "a la Rat"

Catherine - Sounds like the mall will be better therapy than the doctor.

Julia - Keeping fingers crossed you will need major alterations for the dress, you can do it I know.

Bernice - One of the major perks of being in the moving/trucking business for 30+ years was being able to get most anything I wanted moved anywhere for nothing or at most a case of beer. Unfortunately I've lost all my contacts since I had to quit, I wish I could help you out.

Annie -
Closed Thread