Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 10:49 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Morning ladies,

Its my birthday and I'll eat if I want to! I can't believe I'm 48.

There are goodies here today for my birthday. I do intend to enjoy because this group brings good food. However, I won't be eating all day long.

Tonight, I am going to the fitness center. If its not raining, I'd like to ride Spanky. I didn't last night as I was wiped out when I got home. I did do some yard work but I was not very ambitious. Stupid allergies.

Elliot - a man in the house! Just kidding...I'm glad you found us. Welcome to the group and I do hope you'll find your way back to us! Good job for getting down 31 pounds. It is a long journey but it is so worth it. Its hard to remember we didn't get up to our highest weight in just a few days; nor did we pack it on two pounds a week consistently either. But we sure do beat ourselves up if we don't lose it quickly and consistently each week. I like what you said about enjoying this. I never really thought of it that way - to purposefully enjoy improving our health. The more I roll that around in my brain, the more I really like that. With your spine injury (?), are you able to exercise? Good luck and we're here to help! P.S. We do occassionally do some husband bashing but that's not so much a sexist thing against men as its a "spouse" thing. And we do occassionally rant about life things - so feel free to join in.

Sue - I've thought about carpooling and may check around work to see if anyone lives out my way. This is so early 1980's all over again with the gas prices. OMG, I remember car pooling back then because of the energy "crisis". Now all we need is for mall hair to make a comeback.

Ruth - Here's something that may help you. DH suggested yesterday that I put a rubberband on my wrist so that whenever I started to feel down and pathetic about the work situation, that I snap the rubberband to jolt myself back into positive thoughts. My response was, might as well just taser myself and make it hurt ever more! Maybe you need a taser for whenever you're thinking about not eating OP!

Lilion - Let us know how the lightened version of the squash cakes turns out.

Better get busy. to all!
Old 07-02-2008, 10:57 AM   #17  

Good Morning Ladies - and GENTLEMAN!

Elliott: And thanks! I love my fairies - I've always had a fairy avatar instead of a picture of me since I've been on here. (Except for the occasional change for the holidays.) You won't get lost on this board, because we move real slow...must be our age! Congrats on such a great start and on getting on with your future healthy life!

Sue: So nice that you've been released! The couch calls to me nightly. I have to admit, I'm about ready to kick it to the curb though - something about not being able to exercise much is making me want to do it! Must be like being stuck without a car - even if you don't want to go anywhere, it still makes you crazy that you can't.

I'm going to my first WW meeting tonight with my friend. Leave work at 3:00 for physical therapy, do some shopping, then WW. I'm glad. I don't think I'm going to like WI at 5:30 in the evening though - everyone weighs more at night. Of course, I more than deserve a bad WI - No excuses being made here at all, I ate very poorly last night - Had a horrible work day and ended up at this wonderful Irish Pub for drinks and fish and chips - I'll consider that a last hurrah since starting tonight I have my friend and all those women at WW to SEE what I've done.

Hey, has anyone here tried the "Green Bags" they sell on TV that keep your veggies longer? I found some at Walgreens and we're giving them a try. I always wind up with limp carrots and brown bananas - I'll let you know how they do.

Got to run....busy day as always here in **** with fluorescent lighting.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:12 PM   #18  

Terri, I don't like pain, thanks for the idea though.

Welcome Elliot, good luck with your program. We all fight the same battle, male or female.

Later, Ruth
Old 07-03-2008, 10:22 AM   #19  

Good Morning All!

Well, I went to my first WW meeting last night. My oldest friend (39 years in October!) wanted me to start going to meetings with her and I figured I need the motivation. I'm planning on doing the monthly pass and sticking with it for a bit. I don't know that I'll do meetings forever, but it can't hurt. I got some new stuff and information and I'll be buying the new point finder I think - it's new and improved. Anyway, first WI wasn't as bad as I thought. 5:30 at night and it was 255.8. I expected closer to 259. So that's good. I'm going again Saturday and then Saturdays after that probably...although that does mean I'll have to get up early. On SATURDAY!

Have to run!!! Work is more than begun and I am more than behind!
Old 07-03-2008, 12:20 PM   #20  

Height: 5' 7"

Nice to meet you, Elliot. Always cool to talk to other people on this intriguing journey.
Happy B'day Terry - what a present to yourself, exercise! Hope Spanky enjoys it too.
Lillion - hope WW provides that little lump of incentive that you have been missing.
Last night was tough: I was scheduled to go out to dinner with girlfriends from work, so I left a little early to go to chiropractor. Talked to chiropractor about the possibility that just-out-of-high-schooler could do an internship there, help with filing, answering the phone, etc. For free. Talked to office manager. She was in favor. Talked to doc-No. Both office manager and I are bummed.
Got to restaurant - waited 45 mins. No one showed up - found out later that friends couldn't find me at work, and so they decided we would reschedule. Everybody is so sorry, and now we all have each other's up-to-date cell phone numbers, which we never had before, because, hey, we see each other every day. Went to the gym, because I was not hungry, just upset. Air conditioning wasn't working - I was hot and sticky in 5 minutes. Then the bad stuff:
I have a dear friend who was diagnosed with breast cancer shortly after I was. It has made me feel good to be able to use my experience to help a friend.
Well, it seems that her older sister, who was having a backache, and who has no health insurance, is now in the hospital with pneumonia, caused by her metastasized stage 4 breast cancer. Undiagnosed, untreated breast cancer spread to lung and bone. She can't be with her family because she can't drive 6 hours so soon after surgery, and her treatment is scheduled anyway. And, oh yeah, her mother, who is sitting at the bedside of her oldest child, just found out that her best friend is one floor up because of complications from her chemotherapy.
I'd be hysterical too. We talked about yelling at God for a while. Decided He could take it.

So, I never did eat dinner - I was just too stressed out. Who would have ever thought it would happen to me?

Take care, all. If you aren't here, I'll assume you are having a nice, long, restful holiday weekend.

Sue
Old 07-04-2008, 12:50 AM   #21  

Sue, it's really late and I'm trying to get off this thing, but saw your post and wanted to say I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time! I hope your weekend gets much better!
Old 07-04-2008, 09:19 AM   #22  

Happy fouth of July everybody.

Sue, Hope things look up for you soon. Sounds like few days for you.

Got to run. Later, Ta, Ruth
Old 07-04-2008, 10:36 AM   #23  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!

Enjoy the day. Stay away from the macaroni and 'tater salads and take a moment to give thanks for our freedoms.

I've been battling and again. Grrrrrrrr!!! Today is a new day and I'm trying to get fully back OP.

Laundry, mine plus the dogs' bedding is on the sched for the start of the day. Later it's going to be good friends and fireworks!

ttyl,
Old 07-04-2008, 12:49 PM   #24  
Closed

S/C/G: 420/396/350

Height: 5'1"

Happy Fourth of July Everyone!

I hope that everyone has a happy day and doesn't cheat too bad!

I don't deprive myself of anything really. I enjoy some of everything but i limit myself to only 1 serving of anything i do have. In the long run i think it's more about portion sizes as long as you don't have too many different things that is!

I just try to do a serving.. and i don't go over the suggested amounts per day required. I don't go by that every day though, i am stricter most days.

We need to make choices that we can live with forever though, right? Easier to allow some of the good things! Just don't overdo!
Old 07-04-2008, 04:37 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I'm really glad I forced myself to do a good long elliptical workout today, because we just went to our local ribfest and I feel sick. I think it wasn't the ribs, but I had a few bites of "elephant ears" (fried dough) and I think that did me in. My tummy is unhappy.

Nap time!

Last edited by Heather; 07-04-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:06 PM   #26  

Good afternoon everyone!

Hope everyone had a happy holiday! I was going to work today, but then saw the state of the big flower bed in front of my house and spent the better part of 2 hours weeding instead. I'm BEAT and SORE and I'm going to feel it in the morning I bet! Doing great OP this weekend - I found the BEST stuff. A store in my town is carrying the Western Bagel brand of bagels and pita breads - 1 pt EACH! That's great! I had garlic herb chicken on pita sandwiches for dinner last night with sauted veggies with middle eastern spice and it was SO GOOD! Usually a pita or bagel is like 6 pts so I never eat them and love them.

I just tried on my swimsuit and IT DOESN'T FIT! I can get in it - the joy of spandex - but I look horrible! We're taking DS to the water park on July 28 and I can't find my old "fat lady" swimsuit anywhere! I'm SO UPSET! Sure, it's motivation - but I can't possibly fit into it no matter what I do. So I guess I'm stuck buying a new suit to wear one lousy time. Serves me right, but darn!

Terri I'm so sorry - I missed wishing you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Mea Culpa! I hope it was very VERY happy!!! I was all busy wishing everyone a happy 4th and missed your post about that completely!!!

Well, got to run! See everyone tomorrow!!!

Last edited by Lilion; 07-06-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:30 PM   #27  

Height: 5' 7"

Heather - yesh on the exercise.
Lillion - congrats on finding some healthy food. I know how you feel about having put some weight back, but I do know that you can do it - even if the bathing suit is going to be a little expensive.
Well. I had a totally calm and peaceful holiday. Thursday my car pool buddy and I left about .5 hr early, then dh took dd and her stay-over friend to see Hancock, the Will Smith movie. I went to the rec center and took a water aerobics class, then met them for dinner at California Pizza. I shared some appetizers. No dessert.
Friday, I went to the rec center again, did the routine my trainer gave me, then swam 1/3 mile - I just made it up from 1/4. We made meat loaf from the hamburger, and had that with vegetables.
Saturday dd and I shopped - I don't know where to take her - she always complains that she doesn't like the clothes - and she wants young clothes she can wear to college this fall, but she doesn't like a lot of the styles out now. I did eat a slice of pizza, but had a salad for dinner. And breakfast had been oatmeal, so I have decided that the indulgence will be forgiven.
Today, I swam 1/3 mile again, and did 15 mins on recumbant bike. Planted some sale perennials, so the garden looks a little healthier. Ate OP, I tried a new vegetable - golden beets - they're sweeter than regular beets, and really pretty. Also, had celery root salad.
I've already packed my lunch for tomorrow, so that will get tomorrow off on the right foot.
Take care all, hope your weekend was as good as mine.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:38 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

We didn't leave the house today! We got a lot done around here too. Laundry got PUT away, more got washed. I started a big reorg project in our guest room... we ate well, but didn't overdo it... nice day.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:21 AM   #29  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Stop posting - go to new thread!
Closed Thread