Old 07-03-2008, 11:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Back at it again

Well I'm back at it again. So here is my intro. I'm Ally married to Mike we have 4 kids. And I'm more determined now then ever to lose this weight. I'm finally putting myself first and gonna lose this weight. I'm back on the South Beach wagon again. And Mike is joining me so that helps. I had lost 40lbs but gained it all back. During a move and Mike being out of work. Thank God he has work now and we moved again. So now I'm ready and will lose all 156lbs I have to lose.
keeperofthehome4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:42 PM   #2  

Default Greetings!

Hi Keeper!

Congrats on your decision to do this for yourself! I once read somewhere that every women tries to be the best friend she can be to others but can’t seem to be a friend to herself. If we stood aside and let a friend do the things we’ve done to ourselves, we’d put her on the straight and narrow. We need to become our own best friends and look out for ourselves the way we take care of others. That’s the general sentiment. I have to say that the more I think about this concept, the more I have to agree with it. It’s not a new idea, but I think society has begun to finally see this as an issue. I know I need to work on it.

Welcome and I hope you continue to post!

Miz M
mizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:01 PM   #3  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Congrats on putting yourself first. The fact that your husband is joining you in this journey should help you both find a healthier way of living. Good luck.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:58 PM   #4  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

welcome back keeperofthehome. I remember you from last year's thanksgiving challenge. Good to see you again!
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Thank you ladies for the welcome back. Yes it sure is time I put me first for once. I plan on posting alot.
keeperofthehome4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:02 PM   #6  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

Hello!

Im completely new here! Seems we have about the same weight to loose!

Those children of yours must keep you busy! Ive just got one little boy who is just 8 months old now!

Good luck!
SuomiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:04 PM   #7  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Welcome back.

As someone who also did the lose 40 gain 40 thing the year before this last one I'm living proof you can start over. Don't be too hard on yourself for slipping up it only matters that you keep on trying.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:24 AM   #8  
On the Path

S/C/G: 400/280/150

Hiya Ally!

It looks like we're about in the same place, too. I've never done the South Beach diet, but I love their whole wheat pizzas. I take them to work on the weekends.

I'm finding that making smaller goals (Check out this thread: Christmas Goals) is proving to be helpful, and focusing on exercise and feeling good has really changed my eating habits. It's great that you have a supportive hubby!

Keep posting. I love to see success stories in the making

Last edited by EarthShaker; 07-08-2008 at 10:04 AM.
EarthShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:42 PM   #9  
MakingChanges...

Hi Ally, I'm in the same boat as you. I have just recently gained most of my weight back as well but just like you - I am determined to make a commitment to myself (for once in my life) to get back on track. Better late than never.

I agree with EarthShaker, that making small goals does seem to help me stay focused and motivated. I have so much to lose that when I even think about my goal weight- I feel overwhelmed and ready to give up. It's much easier to concentrate on 5 lbs at a time - which is my goal for this week. I am doing the Fat Smash diet and am on day 3 of detox. Wish me luck! <
Rayne33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #10  
The Keymaker

S/C/G: 328/250/160

Height: 5'7

Default Right on

Hi Ally, welcome back!

I am also starting fresh and the more support, the better. I know that if we all just use the tools and support available here, we will be successful in our goals. When things start to feel difficult, just go to the Before & After posts pinned at the top of the 300+ forum. Those are truly inspirational and always help me.

Good luck and keep posting!
Jess8 is offline   Reply With Quote