Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 08:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1162

WELCOME!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I'm off to the spa this morning for a massage and facial! My reward for surviving the term.

Then, off to the bike shop -- I had a "braking incident" yesterday and bent things what shouldn't be!
Old 06-09-2008, 09:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning all..

Today I start my carpooling with my friend from work. She lives about 10 blocks from me and we work in the same office...and with gas being 4.17 here there is no way we both can afford it anymore. Our trip to work is about 64 miles round trip!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-09-2008, 10:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Carol:I haven't seen my sisters since April 3rd of last year. I am very excited about spending time with them and a bit nervous too. I have sent them via email some progress picks now and then. All of my protein powder and snacks are packed up. Yipee. I hope that you have a wonderful time with your sister and she isn't such a brat this time. I bet you will be able to fit into the dress and look amazing in it by the end of July. Hugs to you on your friend and church you will be going to.

Rat: have a great day.

Debbie: Watch out for those sneaky bunnies. Please stop sending rain my way.

Heather: Oh, I thought you were done with work until the school year starts. Well, enjoy your day today.

Luan: I will be calling you next week sometime to see if we can meet up. I leave to go to Long Beach on Thursday but will be only there one day then driving up to San Luis Obisbo until Monday.

Bernice: Woo hoo. Congrats on the -2.

Cyn: I hope the carpooling works well for you.

Well, Off to work. I weighed in for the Biggest Winner challenge and I am up 2 pounds back to 264!! I am sure it is TOM weight because I am so swollen and premenstral right now. lol. Had a great low cal breakfast of sugar free oatmeal with 1 scoop of protein powder mixed in. Rode the bike for 1/2 hour this morning and drank 30 oz. of caf. free iced tea. So, Monday is off to a great start. I hope everyone has a wonderful op, bootie moving water drinking day.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 06-09-2008, 11:00 AM   #5  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

This will be quick as I am a nervous wreck. I'm going to try to find something to do today to keep my mind off the book signing. It's not until 5:30, so I have a long wait. I don't like being the center of attention, and I definitely don't like having my picture taken. I'm just going to go pray for some calm.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:12 AM   #6  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Morning ladies!
Catherine - Will be praying for ya!

Hey gals - have your found that your TOM cycle has gotten more unpredictable during weightloss? Mine is driving me insane. Fluctuation from 19 days to 28 days to 25 days. I have always been 23 days each and every time since I was 18. Even after having the kids it went right back to clock work. Sort of explains the ups and downs of same 2-4 lbs on the scale for the past 7 days.

Annie - Have a great day at work.

Heather - enjoy your spa day! Savour the day!
Old 06-09-2008, 11:13 AM   #7  
started 1/28/08

Good morning everyone!

I just got back from a walk in the park . . . I thought I started early enough to beat the ridiculous heat/humidity here in NYC, but I didn't . . . I had to shorten the walk some, because it was so d*** hot! Well, at least I did 3.75 miles . . . I'll try to get the other 1.25 in if it cools off this evening.

Heather -- hope you have a great day at the spa - it sounds wonderful.

Cyn -- congratulations on starting your carpooling! You're saving money, doing something good for the planet and will probably build a stronger friendship with your co-worker - good for you.

Catherine -- good luck with your book signing!
Old 06-09-2008, 11:54 AM   #8  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Cyn-Good job on the carpooling....DH tried to carpool for a while....except the guys he was carpooling with all had 6 passenger trucks and Dh has a PT cruiser so it wouldn't work out with 4 other grown men LOL his drive is almost an hour each way! Thank goodness he gets good gas mileage! LOL

Catherine-praying for you to get through today! Have fun with it, it will make it go alot smoother.

JuliaH- I posted a link to a sight that talked about TOM and weightloss and the hormones that are produced during exercise.......quite interesting actually......its on last weeks thread. Hope things get better for you.

Heather-Hope you have fun at the spa and get a nice relaxing day out of it! I know its nice to be pampered every once in awhile!!!

So today went well.......quick......we have 5 students....3 of them are from our classroom and the other two from our feeder elementary so these will probably come to our classroom in the next 2yrs or so......only behavior problem we had today was a student shut down for about 30 mins when asked to read (everyone was told if they didn't know a word just to ask for help) he didn't know a word and instead of asking for help he sat and would not speak......we moved the rest of the group and took turns working with him one on one and he finally worked up the courage to say the word "help" each time he came to a word he didn't know..........he is a strong reader.....just has issues with self esteem so didn't want to call attention to himself that he didn't know the word. It is so satisfying when you can reach a student where they are at and get them past a stumbling block on their own!

DH is home till 2pm he is on seconds this week so I better get off the computer and spend some time with him....poor guy he woke me up this morning later than I wanted and then I rushed out the door so haven't said more than goodmorning and "I'm back" LOL

ttyl
Bernice
Old 06-09-2008, 11:59 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning All!

Well WI yesterday and lost 2 lbs!!!!! YEAH! It is about time. Last month I thought I would never start losing again. But I have noticed clothes fitting looser so I know I am doing something right! Went camping over the weekend and had a great time. We did some bike riding and walking around. It rained some but was still a wonder weekend. Today is young daughters birthday! I can't believe she is 9 already. We gave her gifts last night as my husband has to travel today and won't be home. She was excited to get mail from gpa in Oregon today so was running home to tell daddy before he leaves. My parents are coming up this evening to spend with her as she has a softball game and they want to watch her. So it will be a good day!

Cyn-I definitely think carpooling is the way! I hope it works for you! Gas is unbelievable. It is 3.79 here. Our 16 year old thinks it is terrible as she puts in her own gas. Usually there is a lot of drama to her. I am sure that things will work for you and the 15 yr. old, it just takes alot of patience! How wonderful that you and your husband are caring for him. If others are not interested in him with them, maybe they would help you by taking him for a night or possibly sending you some $$ to help out. I pray that it works that you can become foster parents and it doesn't ake long to get the licensing. What a blessing you are to be willing to care for other kids! I will keep you in my prayers.

Battle- Glad to hear that you had a good vacation. yak when you can!

Ria-Everyday is crazy! I know how you feel somedays! Just take it a day at a time. Hugs!

Debbie54-Those pesky rabbits! My dog likes to chase them. Do you want to borrow him? I wish I had room for a garden! My older daughter works at a Farm market/restaurant, so I am hoping to get some things to can this year. I usually get them, but it will help with her discount!!

Bernice-Thanks for the helpful tips/links. Yeah on the 2lbs lost and never to return!

SouthernGal-glad to hear you made it through the storm safely. I am a few hours southwest from you so I know what you say! It got pretty dark around here and very strong winds!

Annie-my house so needs some attention. Glad to here yours is clean. I keep telling my house "this weekend" but then we go camping or something else comes up! It will still be there. I can't wait to be comfortable in the bathtub. I used to enjoy relaxing. But, I would clean the tub first! We have such hard water even with the water softner. And it is a well. So enjoy and relax! Light a candle or two.

Carol-Do you like the dress for the wedding? It is a wonderful goal for it to fit comfortably. I think it is great to make mini goals! I hope it is way too big on you and you have to go shopping!!! What do you think? That is the way my mini goals think! lol Good luck, we all know it will fit wonderfully.

Heather-ENJOY the SPA today!!

Better get back to work, I just wanted to check in!
Old 06-09-2008, 12:09 PM   #10  
The Story Re-Written

S/C/G: 384/227/180-235

Height: 6ft 4in

Hi All~

It took three days before my muscles decided to forgive me for what I put them through last week, however, being that it was Monday... I was back at the gym this morning bright and early. Come to find out that one of the ladies that would stop me while walking the last few months is a member there. It was nice to have someone to talk to while I was working out and the after workout stretching as well.

ZedAus ~I have found the last couple of days that getting up and going to the gym that early helps wake me up as well. I like the fact that at 6am there are maybe 4 other ladies working out at the same time. I was a little nervous that I would be looked at... kinda put under a microscope because of my size. Some, not all, women are so darned catty and that was my biggest worry. The early morning is helping me get over that... I think... I hope.

I had an iffy weekend foodwise. My mother and I took my son to his first baseball game on Friday. We have a minor league team here that is part of the Seattle Mariners farm system. He had such a good time. I did well with eating while there, a hot dog, no bun and my water. I ate a few fruit snacks that my son had gotten as a snack as well. I felt pretty good about that, but on Saturday and Sunday, I found myself kinda grazing. Not really hungry, just eating to be eating. :/ In the last year since my surgery, that is one of the first times that has happened to me. :/ I am hoping that today is a new day and I have a handle on it. I would hate to think that I am going to the gym and all that for nothing if I am eating badly all the while. :/

Well, I hope everyone is doing well and if not, you are in my prayers.

~Story
Old 06-09-2008, 12:45 PM   #11  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

What a weekend...

For starters I have today and tomorrow off...hoorray for yet another Jewish holiday. I was invoted to a gathering last night at a friend's house and there was something at the synagogue...but this holiday involves eating a lot of dairy products (I do not remmeber why) and so it becomes cheesecake galore...and I decided to pass on that..and I was worn out physically and emotionally.

Yesterday as our year end banquet and it was wonderful. I ate well because I planned the menu and knew what the food was going to be (sneaky sneaky). The day was lovely. My outgoing youth group President brought everyone to tears, himself included, in a very emotional speech. I have had him in my group since he was a very hyperactive and annoying 7th grader and he has become such a wonderful man....it is impressive. This kid has been served up more crap in his 18 years than many people see in decades. He has really overcome tremendous adversity and committed himself to be the best he could be and he has taught himself to cope on his own. The kids got me a fabulous spa gift certificate, a family got me a GC to the place where I get my nails done and the chapter got me $150 in GC's to Macys!! Hello shopping!!

Zelma: WE are staying at T.I. in Vegas (which is where they do the Pirate show) and going to se "LOVE" at the Mirage. That is the Circque du Soleil Beatles show and it supposed to be so incredible. We are toying with getting tickets to another show...but we're not sure. My parents did the helicopter ride over the Hoover Dam and thought it was amazing.

Julia: When I was losing waight at a regular pace and taking off serious pounds, my TOM went nuts. I am on the pill so it was still regular-ish but it was a new regular. It shifted itself by a day, sometims it was heavier and it did a few other weird things that I'm just not going to describe here. It's regulated itself again to the new schedule but it's not uncommon..just annoying.

Annie: Have a great trip to Cali. Not sure if I will be able to meet up with you all or not...SLO is 3 hours north of here and Long Beach is an hour south. Gas is $4.35 near me and I am sadly trying to be a little more gas savvy

I feel like I had more replies but I cannot remember them. I am off to look for a new recipe for dinner tonight and to get ready for lunch with a girlfriend.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:16 PM   #12  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 446.8/ticker/170

Height: 5 foot 7

I'm going to take my daughter to Chuck E Cheese's today. It's tough being here by yourself with some adults all day. She likes to play so what better place to take her. My ultimate goal is to be able to run around and play with her.

Heather: Have fun at the spa

Cyn: I wish gas was 4.17 here. Gas is 4.25 here for the cheapest in Chicago it's 4.53.

Jilia: The only time TOM was predictable to me was when I was on birth control which I am no longer able to take because of a clotting disorder. I was hoping things would get better since I'm losing. My gyn said when you're heavier the lining of your uterus is thicker so it can cause irregularity.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:17 PM   #13  

Hello Peeps!

Well, getting old sucketh.. I can't handle the heat like I used to. My cheapo vinyl windows don't handle AC window units very well. The units leak between the walls and have destroyed several window sills. I've been slowly buying the floor type units that vent outside with a dryer-type hose. I had the only 2 I own working overtime and they weren't cutting it. I had to buy another one today. When I woke up this morning, it was 88F in my bedroom.. eeek! Hopefully, the new one will help with these 100+F days. The floor units cost $400-600.. *sigh* Never a dull moment in these old houses, eh?

Catherine, all positive energy is sent to you for this evening!

Hugs to all,
RK
Old 06-09-2008, 06:16 PM   #14  

hi all

Sorry that all those thread are gone but no big deal angels4u
Old 06-09-2008, 06:26 PM   #15  

But here I am back from Boston ....but went and got weighed today and I am up 4 lbs.... And the people I travelled with kept telling how well I was doing eating Healthy ...At all the restraunts .Now I wished I had fries and hamburgers instead of Salads and Balsmac Vinegar dressings (Waaaa) My counselor says its probably although the walking I had been doing....But I am so frustrated .....I did walk 50 min every day on the hotels treadmill ...Plus walked daily malling etc... ( But on a more ....my Bra size went down 2 inches.... And I bought smaller tops...

But I really wanted it to show on the scale!! Frustrated again!! Has anyone
had similar problem?
positive note
[/CENTER][/CENTER]
Closed Thread