Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 07:17 AM   #16  

Default Good morning!

Good morning ladies, how are you this nice warm morning? Ok, I am not rubbing it in, but we have springtime weather here. It is due to end this weekend with the possibility of snow flurries! We have had about a week of 70 to 80 degree weather, so that cold is really going to bite!

Lilion, I am so sorry you are in a funk. Climb out of that hole girl, it's Christmas time. Thank you for the kind words. I am still managing to stay op. Now I just need to stay off the scale.

Val, sorry about Gabe. I hope he gets well soon. Your boarding barn doesn't sound like an ideal place to have horses you care about. Back away from those cookies....and the pizza, wow, talk about temptation.

Terri, tell me about relatives! The cousin that borrowed the money, etc. hasn't even mentioned owing it since we picked up her bad check and paid for it! You know the saying about not loaning money to family or friends, I am sure there is a good reason for that saying to be out there. As we now know.

Heather and Karen, Hello! I hope you are both doing well.

Time for me to get moving. Lots to do today. Ta! Ruth

Last edited by Iwillbe; 12-14-2007 at 07:18 AM.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:13 AM   #17  

Smile

Good Morning Ladies!

Thought I'd pop in quickly before the craziness starts! It's going to be a day of putting out fires and wresting alligators! Like ALWAYS around here!

One week, eight hours to my VACATION!

Ruth, I keep trying to get in the Christmas spirit. I HAVE to finish my shopping this weekend, so maybe that'll help!

Terri, I'm sure you know how much I feel for you! Be glad he didn't just forge your name - - You know what I mean.

On that subject, I got a call from the detective yesterday regarding Rotten Wench and the identity theft. He's done all he can without her, talked to her ex - who admitted he knew about the card, but that he was told that I gave my permission and that he had just been upset that she kept getting credit. I bet he didn't balk about using the stuff that card paid for! Anyway, I told him to the best of my knowlege she was in FL. He had me email him the message she left me - I'd saved it. Anyway, at first he said he was going to just drop it until she returned. But later called me back and said he might see if he could get the Pros. Atty, to get a GRAND JURY indictment, so he could get the authorities in FL to arrest and extradite! I was shocked! I mean, I know it's $7800 to Wells Fargo, but I only lost $100. I told him, I don't care what he does, but I'll cooperate. I'm not going to lie to protect her. I just hate that it's back in my brain again.

Weather here is so-so. Not nearly as bad as further north and west. We might get snow this weekend though. I hope not much, that shopping really can't wait!

Time for me to fly!
Old 12-15-2007, 10:19 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Morning ladies,

Sleet last weekend, snow this weekend. Geez, you'd think it was winter or something. So much for a mild winter. But then again, its supposed to be 50 by Wednesday.

I'm cleaning house, doing laundry, working on Christmas cards, putzing around today. We may venture into town for sandbags for the small truck this morning. DH can't stand to not get out and about and all I want to do is stay here.

I had to make an emergency trip to the vet last night. Have I said that I LOVE my vet? He's 30's, tall, cute, and a sweetie. And he hugs me every time I go in. I think I'll start taking my dogs in just for the hugs. DH knows that he hugs me and laughs about it. Oh, yeah, I was talking about the emergency. Sorry, got a little lightheaded there think about the doc. When we got home last night from work, the dogs were in the back yard attacking Ruby. She was bleeding pretty good so I took her in to be checked. I was afraid they had hurt her bad back in the rearend area. Thankfully, all she needed was a shot of penicillin and pain meds; no stitches. She has several puncture wounds on her stomach and back legs but he said that they were all in a spot where she could lick and heal herself. I just don't understand why this happens. These dogs play for hours every day. And they play with her and she loves them. They show no aggressin towards her in the house or otherwise. Twice now, it has turned mean and hurt her. Both times have been when DH has left them in the back yard and left the property. But he's done that many times. She needs that interaction with other dogs. She's been gaining so much confidence recently. Pretty traumatic. At least the hugs helped.

I haven't heard from the nephew so not sure what he did.

Lilion - I bet you'll be glad when all the mess with RW is resolved. to you for still have to be enduring the emotional struggle. You did the right thing but it still has to hurt because of the friendship. Yahoo for vacation! You deserve it! I have't done much in decorating either. I was going to put up a tree in the front living room to see how the dogs would do but decided against that this week when they destroyed the rubber tree plant. Hope you get something out just to lift your mood and for your DS!

Ruth - Yes, we have all experienced being stiffed by family/friends haven't we? You're doing great with staying OP. Keep it up!

Heather - Breathing deeply today!

Valerie - How's Gabe? We had to deal with strangles in the weanlings two years ago either because of the weanling we bought from the show barn or either from Richard who picked it up from a sale barn. Not good. I thought Gabe was at the new barn; are you moving him or just waiting until he's well to move to the others?

Karen - How are you doing? Getting a grip on food again?

I better get the laundry started. to everyone else!

Last edited by Terri in MO; 12-15-2007 at 10:25 AM.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:09 PM   #19  

Hi,All
I've been away from the group for a few days because I have been so busy. Christmas has been crazy! Our church has been helping with a local rotating homeless shelter and I made lunches one day and helped make dinner one night. It's such a blessing to see people with so little be so grateful for whatever we can provide. Puts the whole season into perspective. Then I've been into the schools working with my teachers. This weekend I'm going to be baking 15 dozen cookies to take into the schools this next week. It will be a test not to taste every batch!
Lilion - glad that RW is still being tracked down. If she did it to you, she'll do it to someone else. Someone like that does not stop with just one person. You are right to pursue it.
Karen, welcome back. It's always good to have someone to share the good and the bad with. We all struggle with the temptations and the griefs. Glad you're here to share with us.
We're getting nasty rain tonight but it won't be the snowy sleety stuff it was supposed to be earlier. Then it will be better later next week - with above freezing temperatures when i want to drive to Ohio next week.
Stay warm!
Bearcub
Old 12-17-2007, 08:06 AM   #20  

Default Good morningchicks!

How are all of you lovely ladies this morning? This very cool morning! Our temps. fell with a bang this weekend. We didn't get any snow though. I am sure some of the children would love that. Me, I can live without it. Had enough of that when we were in Europe.

Bearcub, hi, it is kind of hard to stay war, but we try. Good to see you posting again.

Lilion, did you get your Christmas spirit back yet? Make some stiff eggnog, that should help You are not the only one who hasn't decorated yet. I think I will just pass this year. I don't have any small ones coming to visit, so bah humbug! Why go to all that trouble just to have to take it down again. How was your weather?

Terri, are you all right? Not snowed in or anything? Poor Ruby, I hope she will be ok. Bad dogs! My Dh almost got attacked by the neighbors dogs again this morning. We do have a leash law, but as things go in this town, it is not enforced.

Hello Val and Heather, quit lurking and come out and play. Ta for now, Ruth

Last edited by Iwillbe; 12-17-2007 at 08:07 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:11 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Stop! Do not post here! Join us on the next volume of "Gettin' Fit after 40!"
Closed Thread