Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 08:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1136

WELCOME!!!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 12-10-2007, 11:34 AM   #2  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all having a great Monday. I woke up super early this morning after only getting 3.5 hours of sleep so that I could write my paper for my final for my literature class... that was due this morning at 10:45. I'm the worst procrastinator, but I always finish on time! And I produce quality work! Haha.

Right as I was about to leave this morning Muffin had another partial seizure... I tried giving her food at the vet's request to see if that would temporarily stop it, which would mean it was a voluntary tick like some dogs get (no big deal), but unfortunately she ate the treats but her head kept twitching the entire time. Poor thing.

There's not much else going on with me other than that. I'll try and check in later, but I make no promises as I have two finals tomorrow.

EDIT: Update - Muffin's been having another seizure for about an hour so far (starting at around 12:20), this time with worse head ticking that's causing her head to crane over to her left side. I'm taking her to the vet at 3:10. Wish Muffin and me luck.

Last edited by LindseyLouWho; 12-10-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:27 PM   #3  

Hugs and prayers for you and Muffin!!

Luv,
Ratkitten
Old 12-10-2007, 01:28 PM   #4  

Greetings Peeps!

Checking in to let you know I'm amongst the living. I am in San Antonio for a conference. It started late, so I could sleep in a bit this morning. I was exhausted from a full day of traveling yesterday.

I have good news and bad news.... The good news is that the seat belt on the airplane fit with 8 inches in the belt to spare! w00h00! The bad news is that my hips still take up the entire seat and encroach on the seat beside me.

I am OP so far, but flying didn't give me many decent food choices for my caloric intake. No veggies yesterday.

I must get back to the meeting! Will do fly-bys later!~~~~

Luv,
Rat
Old 12-10-2007, 03:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,

I'm in the midst of my long-awaited whoosh. Down 2 this morning, and my whoosh is still continuing today, so we will see where the scale lands tomorrow. I hope it's under 270, but I have no control over the number. All I know is that I have been working harder than ever to get results. I guess the real work starts now.

It appears that the plumbing problem in the kitchen is not my fault, although my latke party may have hastened the inevitable. Crews have been in since Saturday to try and fix it, and have had no success. The landlord told me yesterday that they are probably going to have to tear out walls and replace the pipes. Great. not. In the meantime, I can't use the kitchen sink, which throws a wrench into my routine. There's only the small bathroom sink and tub for washing dishes, so cooking a lot and dirtying a lot of dishes is too much work. I went to Trader Joes and got some prepared foods (expensive) but what's a girl to do. Must stay on plan.

Lindsey, sorry to hear about Muffin. Hugs to you.

Ratkity, great job staying on plan under adverse conditions. Traveling is hard. Congrats on having 8" of leftover seatbelt. If you're still spilling over into the other seat, you're probably not spilling over as much as you used to. All steps in the right direction.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:32 PM   #6  
Johnnie

S/C/G: 390/291.8/??

Height: 5'1"

Lindsay: So sorry your poor Muffin is seizing again. Good Luck at the vet & I hope they can find the problem and get it fixed. This is for you and muffin

Ratkitten: The 8" of seat belt shows great progress. Before you know it you won't have "spillage" at all. I love San Antonio, hope you get to enjoy some of the city while you are there.

Battle: So glad your long awaited whoosh is happening. You have been doing really well and confirmation on the scale is always a big boost. Too bad about the state of your kitchen, especially now at the holidays. Sounds like you are making the best of it and staying OP without excuses, I am impressed. I am also impressed by your photos. You look beautiful and I can see why everyone is starting to notice your weight loss, it is very apparent.

I'm feeling better today. The temps have dropped back down into the 50s, but tomorrow will be in the 70s again and then 50s again Wednesday. This crazy weather, got to be global warming. Most people with RA are more affected by cold and damp, but I'm just the opposite. Me I've got to march to the beat of a different drummer and be more affected when it's warm and damp, so I will be glad when it stays in the 60 and below range.

Going to see the doctor tomorrow for my monthly WI and hope to be able to lower my ticker when I get home. Wish me luck.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

One of my biggest thrills was getting into an airplane and finally having leftover seat belt!!!! I travelled a lot near my high weight and hated the "seatbelt moment". When I was losing I didn't travel again until I was under 200 pounds and oh the glorious moment when I could snap the belt in and pull pull pull cause of the extra!!

The other thing I now love about flying is that I can put the tray table down! My belly used to get in the way. Sometimes it wouldn't go all the way down at all. When I flew finally as a smaller person I just kept putting the tray down and up and down and up -- because I could!!

Oh! And I can actually FIT in the aisle of a plane "head on", without having to kind of turn myself sideways....
Old 12-10-2007, 05:45 PM   #8  
The Story Re-Written

S/C/G: 384/227/180-235

Height: 6ft 4in

Hi All~

I hope everyone is doing well. I am doing okay for the most part. I went to the doctor last week and found out that I have an infection in my left ear and left tonsil. So I have been put on antibiotics to clear that up as well as Claritin for allergies. They are thinking that the problems I am having with lightheadedness and such could be allergies, but they are going to send me to see my cardiologist just to make sure that it isn't heart related. :/ I have to admit that I am feeling a little bit better and I have continued my downward weight trend since I last had a fill of my band. So far I am down 6lbs. from when I saw my WLSurgeon on 11/27... Even having had some of my fave ice cream. Oh the carbs, but man it was good.

I am finding it harder to keep up with everything going on here in this thread as I think my inability to concentrate has reared its ugly head again... A sign of stress. Not sure of what just yet, maybe the holidays? *shrugs*

Anyway, again, I hope everyone is doing well and if not, you are in my prayers.

~Story
Old 12-10-2007, 07:34 PM   #9  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Lindsey So sorry about your kitty
Rat on the seat belt fitting with lots of room to spare. So what about your hips. You just had a major nsv with the seat belt.

Heather Totally cool nsv for you on planes!!! I'm sure I will play with the lap table too when I get to fly when I'm thinner.

Story Nice to see you!! Glad you're doing well on you plan. I sure hope that ear and throat infection heal up quickly for you. I know how worn out you can feel cuz of it.

Nothing new to report here. Not exactly op today, but not horrible. Tomorrow is make carmel corn night for our bake sale to support the local humane society. We've already done the fund raisers for local food pantries and the Toys for Tots collection too.

Tomorrow will be a better day. I'm starting out the day with a protein shake thanks to the idea of a wonderful and dear friend and soup & orange for lunch. Probably spaghetti or taco salads for dinner tomorrow. Gotta run, I'll try to check in later before bed.

Lindsey, I'm still thinking of you and your kitty.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Ahhh - the seat belt dilemma - I'm sure it will be an issue on Friday but I can deal with it - perhaps it will be a great motivator. I purposely have not flown due to seat belt and seat size issues. It's just not practical to drive to San Diego right now. I never knew there were extenders until 3FC - maybe it's a good thing.

I too am looking forward to the scale tomorrow - perhaps its whooshing season.

Hi All,
Carol
Old 12-10-2007, 09:22 PM   #11  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Hello all. I have a terrible sinus headache and plan to hit the hay soon. Just a couple of quick personals:

Carol - I did see Billy Joel last week. He was really awesome. So fun and such a great entertainer. If anyone gets the chance to see him live, they should. He sure is showing his age though (in looks only...he had TONS of energy). He was so funny about his aging. When he first came on stage he said, "Hi, I am Billy's dad. Billy couldn't make it tonight." He had the crowd roaring.

Lindsey - I am so sorry about your kitty. I really hope she is alright. Keep us posted.

For everyone else, take care and stay warm if it is cold where you are.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Lindsey: I hope Muffin is okay. Hugs.

Rat: Woohoo on the seat belt. It is only a matter of time before the seat fits just right too!

Battle: Congrats on -2. Sorry about the plumbing problem. I hope they fix it quicker than you think.

Johnnie: Good luck at your weigh in tomorrow.

Storey: Get better soon. Congrats on -6.

Carol: Hope the scale is your friend tommorrow.

Well, things are okay here. I got my braces adjusted and like always my mouth is sore. I am going to take some Tylenol and go nite nite soon. I have a meeting literaly ALL DAY long tomorrow at work. UGH. Then Group therapy tomorrow night. It will be a long sit on my butt kind of day. Work is going okay. I am totally PMSing so that can't be so great. lol.

Hope you are all doing well and blessings to you all,
annie
Old 12-11-2007, 01:02 AM   #13  

Hello everyone. I am new on here. Thought I would stop just reading and jump in. I've had a much better day and night so far than yesterday. I think I spent more than half of the day crying yesterday and a couple hours last night also. Depression is so horrible. When I'm depressed now I cry so much.

Anyway today I tried to stay positive. I got to order something this morning. The husband said it was my Christmas presents. I ordered a treadmill and a strength trainer. I can't wait until they get here. I haven't been able to get out and walk much with all this rain lately. I have to get a walk in daily or else my legs hurt so bad. I have bad vein problems in my right leg and arm, so I am determined to get this weight gone this time. I've been working on it for the past few years, but have recently slacked off until this problem with my leg and arm.

I did get a walk in this afternoon when the kids came home. We just did miss the rain, it had just stopped and then started just after.

I have another doctor appointment on Wednesday, but I'm tempted to put it off until next week. I just don't feel up to going right now. Or maybe I need to go and get back on some meds for the depression right away.

Eating was good today also. Healthy and on the light side. I'm having a hard time finding the time to count the calories exactly again. Hoping to get back to it very soon.

KarenJ
Old 12-11-2007, 06:45 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! I’m feeling so much better!!!!
Lindsey I’m so sorry about your cat, it’s awful when they’re ill, they can’t tell you how bad they feel & you always fear the worst. I hope the vet can help her get better.xxxxxxx ps Good luck with the essay, I majored in Enlish Lit BUT hated it, preferred writing my own stuff.
Ratkitty CONGRATS!!!!! It must have felt fantastic to fasten that belt!! Ok so you had a bit of ‘spillage’ but it will be getting less & less. WELL DONE!!!!xxxxxxx
Battle, GREAT on staying OP even though you can’t wash any pots, a lot of people would use that as an excuse! So glad the scales are falling, I don’t know how you keep going when they don’t move, I would go CRAZY!!!!xxxxxxx
Storey I didn’t know you had heart problems too, I hope it’s not serious & you get sorted out soon. Sorry about the allergies, I hope the meds clear them up. xxxxxxxx
Sandy I hope your daughter is safe, I’ve just been reading about the ice storms (don’t know what they are, might be called something else here, unless we don’t get them) in Oklahoma, 17 people died, it’s awful. I hope her power stays on, there’s 600,000 WITHOUT power!!!! What is it with the utilities???? It’s the same here, we get rain; nothing unusual there; but then people lose power & heat, WHY don’t the companies SORT themselves out???? It’s profit BEFORE everything else, grrrr … Anyway, I hope you are getting better and SAVE ME SOME POPCORN!!!!! lol How do you resist it?xxxxxxx
Xena, hope you feel better soon, headaches & migaines are VILE, they make you feel so horrible and thinking or concentrating on anything is harder.xxxxxxx
Annie I hope your teeth are getting better, you will look SO HOT soon, losing weight, getting your teeth fixed, is Joel worried???lolxxxxxxx
Karenj, WELCOME. Depression is something a lot of us suffer from, I think a good cry really helps.xxxxxx
Well having been ill for what seem ages I got on the scales & I’m DOWN 5 POUNDS!!! Not a good way to lose but at least I got something out of it!!!lol
xxxxx
xxxxsharon
Old 12-11-2007, 06:46 AM   #15  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Karen J If you've been reading you know this is a great site.
I want you to know that I too suffer from depression. I hope you keep your dr appointment and get new meds or have them adjusted. I know of the crying all day and half the night. I know the lack of concentration. All that. There are meds out there that really do work. I also understand about bad veins. In September of 2006, I was in the hospital for 4 days for a blood clot in my leg. It was one of the most painful things I've ever endured. If it's hard to take a longer walk, then take a couple shorter walks durning the day. I've been trying to walk more at work during break and lunch. (I have a desk job)
Just remember, it all helps. If you have time check out fitday.com
It's a great site to count calories, exercise etc.

Lindsey How's your kitty??

Xena Hope your sinuses feel better today!

Annie Abby used to hate getting her braces adjusted cuz her mouth would be so sore. I'd always plan on making soup for dinner that night.
You're gonna be a busy girl for today and tomorrow, aren't ya. Your poor bum, it'll be numb. I'm pmsing too and it's not fun.

I hopped on the scale this morning. I was scared, but I did it. I was down 4 pounds WHILE pmsing. I'm so excited. I just finished my protein shake. I'd forgotten how good they are.
Well, I want to change my ticker before I go to work. Hope all have a good day.

Lindsey, I'm thinking about you!!

Carol Hello!! Hope you see a good scale this morning
Closed Thread