Old 10-09-2007, 05:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 304/300.8/170

Height: 5' 6.5"

Default New to 3FC...

Hey, I'm OBVIOUSLY new here. So here goes my life in a nutshell...

I have been overweight most of my life, but never to this extreme! IT SUCKS! I am uncomforetable in my own body- totally not a normal feeling. I have such a bad body image of myself I feel like I am in someone elses body! I get so overwhelmed by everything, and it just keeps spiraling and spiraling...When I was much smaller than I am now I just thought...ah, I'm so heavy already that if I eat one more bite, it won't make a difference. How could I get any bigger? Well, quite a few of those "one more bites" later and here I am, much larger than I could ever imagine. I mean, to hear someone say that you are morbidly obese, come on...that just plain sucks! But I am changing things and thinking about LIFE...with my children...my husband...my family. Why did I do this to myself? Its time to change! For good!!! I am so shy that I don't really talk to my family or friends about losing weight. I just think I need a little support in my journey, so I definately WELCOME anything and everything everyone has to say!!!

Oh, I found out that I have to have my gall bladder out. THAT SUCKS!!! If laproscopic doesn't work...major surgery...AHHHHH! I have had c-sections with all 3 children, but there were babies at the end of the rainbow. Not just some gall stones(seven to be exact)! Anyways, I just had to vent on my gall bladder!

Also, I went to the doctor today to get the results of my fasting lab and it wasn't so grand... I have to take Metformin now because of my extremely high insulin level. He said my cholestorol and blood sugars were "wonderful" but if I don't lose weight soon I will have diabetes within the next couple of years. TALK ABOUT A WAKE UP CALL! Thank God I don't already have diabetes! Anyone else taken Metformin???

PS...Sorry if I ramble! I do that a lot!
Tonyams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:48 PM   #2  

Oh, since I started here like just a week ago, I lost 3 pounds!!!YAY
Old 10-09-2007, 06:03 PM   #3  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Glad you found us.

Read the posts. Check out a few of the threads. You will find everyone here is full of encouragement. Any questions don't hesitate to ask, someone might just have an answer or a suggestion.

People are doing different things to lose weight. Some like set plans like Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers. Some count calories some are going low carb.

Myself, I am using a salad plate instead of a breakfast plate or lunch plate. Useing a lunch plate instead of a dinner plate. When the family is having one of my favorites for dinner I eat what they eat, watching my portion sizes. When they are having something I can take or leave, I eat lean cuisines.

Please post. We really are interested in how you are doing. You will find we talk about everything not just weight. This is a place to make friends and have support on this journey you have decided to take. The journey to a thiner more healthy you isn't always easy. We are here for you.

Remember, when you think you taking this journey all alone. When there isn't a person in sight to give you encouragement. God is right there beside you, yelling put down that candy bar.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 10-09-2007 at 06:09 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:38 PM   #4  
Momma on a Mission!

S/C/G: 334/ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Hey i'm new too!! and just started last week. Lost 6.2 lbs so far and have a LOOOOOONG way to go. I am going to warn you metformin is also used as a fertility drug (starting point typically) and my son is a metformin baby so unless you wanna baby........ Onto the weight front, we seem to have about the same goals loss wise and i look forward to making this journey w/you
Kamryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:53 PM   #5  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Kamryn
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Welcome welcome! Feel free to join the fast moving discussion on the weekly thread too!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

Hello hello hello! to 3FC!

Been there, done that with the Metformin. I'm sure next time I go in, they'll put me back on it. 3FC has a PCOS/IR forum just below the Support Forums if you want to meet others on Metformin.

I'm pretty shy in real life too. The only people I told were my husband and my mother. People are beginning to notice the weightloss so it's harder to not talk about it now, but that's ok. As I lose the pounds, my confidence is slowly returning. I hope the same happens for you!

Glad to meet you and I can't wait to watch your ticker slide down.
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:17 AM   #8  

Shy Moment-thanks for all the great advice! I am really interested in the different methods ppl are using to lose weight. For right now I am eating healthier and smaller portions. No more eating out except on special occasions, I haven't eaten out in 2 weeks, so its going good so far! Thats a big change from what I was doing before. I work nights so a lot of the time I would go and grab something on my break, but instead, now I pack a much better supper, and healthier snacks to eat throughout the night. I'm glad this is a place that you can talk about almost anything, and I am excited to meet new people and hopefully make some friendships along the way! Thanks again!!!

Last edited by Tonyams; 10-10-2007 at 04:17 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:39 AM   #9  

Kamryn-6.2 pounds is awesome!!! Keep on truckin' and maybe lose a few for me LOL. And as for the metformin, there will be no "metformin babies" for me! I actually have 3 children ages 7-2-10months, and I had my tubes tied...so as much as I would love it, no more babies for me We DO seem to have similiar goals! I look forward to making this journey with you too!!! Keep me posted, and I'll do the same!

Last edited by Tonyams; 10-10-2007 at 04:39 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the group!!

Rambling is one of our favorite hobbies here..lol..so dont be shy about that! We all love to hear about everyones goings ons.

This is a great bunch of people so if you have questions someone..or most of us will be glad to help you!

PLUS..being here sharing is helping us as well!!
azcyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:30 AM   #11  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Tonya - Welcome! Support can make such a difference in keeping going with this. Please join us on the main thread!
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote