Old 10-09-2007, 09:58 PM   #1  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Default My Top Ten Reasons

A bunch of people in a LJ community I am in were doing this recently, and I thought it would be a great thing to do to help me refocus. Since many people in the 300+ thread were mentioning similar issues, I thought maybe others might find it useful too:

My Top Ten Reasons

1. To do. To be able. To be capable. I don’t want my physicality to limit what I choose to pursue.
2. No fat excuses. I don’t want to have my fat to blame my problems on – I don’t want that “out”. I need to learn how to deal with the real issues in my life and not just blame my fat.
3. To travel the world. I want to be able to wander the streets of Paris, walk the Great Wall of China and swim in the Great Barrier Reef. I want my body to be able to take me to anywhere I want to go. I also want to fit in the airplane seat to get there in the first place.
4. To feel strong and capable. Strength of body radiates out to many other areas in our lives and I want to feel as strong as I can in all areas.
5. To live with as little pain as possible. At my highest weight I was almost constantly in pain. That is no way to live.
6. To be able to do the things I love. I love fantasy novels, but if Gandalf knocked on my door right now I wouldn’t be able to walk further than the edge of Hobbiton. I would also like to dress up in amour and swing a sword around competently, which isn’t easy to do when you aren’t very fit.
7. To be able to let the rhythm of life take hold of me and to dance to it with my full being. I want to sweep across the dance floor like Deborah Kerr did with Yul Brenner in “The King and I” or just let my body move to some amazing trance.
8. To be able to be spontaneous. If some gorgeous man with an accent to die for and a private jet says to me, “Hey there love, would you happen to fancy a trek up Machu Pichu?” my answer could be “Heck yeah!!!” without a second thought about my fitness (I might have second thoughts about other things, but not my fitness!).
9. I want to feel sexy and confident. I want to get to a place where I don’t feel like my weight is an issue for romance, whether that be a physical or mental hurdle to overcome (or some of both).
10. I don’t want to give up. I have come so far already and I am so proud of myself. I deserve to accomplish my goals and be a success.

What are yours?
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

1. To buzz with life and vitality when I wake up in the morning, the way I do now with improved health/fitness

2. To not live in fear of medical conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, etc. and early disability and death

3. To face restaurant booths, lawn chairs, airplane seats, etc. with absolutely no reaction whatsoever. They are not to be dreaded.

4. To have the energy and stamina for anything I want to do in a day

5. To have confidence to seek a romantic partner and have wild, hot monkey sex not limited by fat and fear

6. To face the camera with joy and confidence, and a big smile

7. To see that I can do this. I am serious about making my health a priority, and taking care of myself

8. To be able to walk into any clothing or discount store and purchase an article of clothing. No more plus size stores with low quality, high prices, and ugly fashions

9. To accomplish the one goal in my life that I have been chasing and failing at for 30 years

10. To be a person that no one has to accommodate and pity because of my size. No more giving me the front seat because of my size, no more slowing down so I can keep up.
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:34 PM   #3  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

You are doing great. You have every right to be proud.

Gandalf lol. Oh I understand. There is this one guy on the cover of a book I love. If he knocked on my door, I would want to swoon in the most lady like fashion and let him catch me and pick me up. Then carry me away. Ok, I might feel guilty for a second because the hubbys dinner wasn't ready but I would get over that lol. Right now, I would put a strain on his back.

Tonight was the first time I could do my walking video ( I have been doing it for 24 days ) without haveing to pause it and use my inhaler. I am so proud of myself.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Right here are my ten best reasons to lose it!
1 to ride a horse without worrying about getting on, off & if he can carry me.
2 For hubby to carry me over the threshold; we've been married 8 years & I was & still am too big for him to carry me.
3 to be able to go in any clothes shop & get something to wear in a 'regular' size.
4 If people are laughing to not worry it's me they're laughing at.
5 To be able to do physical things without my fat getting in the way.
6 Toi not worry about what goes in my shopping trolley - people look at cakes/whatever & see a 'fatty' thinking I eat it all.
7 Be more adventurous because my body is able to go further, move easier & look better in 'exercise or appropriate' clothes.
8 Wear sexy undies without trying to hide my saggy, baggy, flabby, hangy tummy.
9 To wear tight jeans coz I want to, not coz I'm holding fat in, coz I want to be admired for my lovely bottom! (I can dream, lol)
10 To live a longer & healthier life, seeing my kids have kids & being able to run around with them.

Wow Nancy, that was cathartic! heps me stay in control of my food urges too!
xxxxxxsharon
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:26 AM   #5  

Oooo these are good!

My number 1 is the most important, the rest are in any order.

1. To be as fit, alive and vibrant as my 74 year old mother is today... and continue to be that way all the way thru age 74 and beyond!

2. To not dread flying because of the crappy airplane seats and being overheated from running from gate to gate.

3. To be able to walk anywhere and not be in pain and out of breath; to enjoy the journey as well as the destination.

4. To be able to receive gift certificates to any clothing store and to be able to walk into any clothing store and try on clothes at a whim that is NOT Lane Bryant or a plus-sized store.

5. To like my body, flaws and all.

6. To not be afraid to run, whether for fun or cuz I'm in a hurry.

7. To have more days where I wake up with energy and looking forward to living that day and less days of "omg, I'm-still-fat-and-alive-and-have-to-move-days"

8. To physically feel younger than my chronological age.

9. To not be afraid of the camera.

10. To not be obsessed with junk food.
Ratkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:44 AM   #6  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

I am having a very busy day at work and can't do 10, but they all boil down to one anyway. Since I have been a very small child, fat has been a two way lens through which I interact with the world and the world interacts with me. Every thought, dream, fear, hope and movement is filtered through it, and I want to walk the rest of my path free of that yoke.
MetaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:50 AM   #7  
The Story Re-Written

S/C/G: 384/227/180-235

Height: 6ft 4in

I only really have one that stands out for me:

1. To be able to watch my son grow up and have children of his own.
TheStorySoFar is offline   Reply With Quote