Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 05:46 PM   #76  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I had a pretty cool NSV to share today. I was in the office of the landlord in my office building, and over the years I have gotten to know a few of them a bit. One of the ladies mentioned that I was looking really good recently and she could really tell that I was losing again. It was funny, because I was just wondering the other day when the changes would start to be noticeable after such a long time of being nearly in the same place. One of them then proceeded to ask me all about what I eat, etc. The thing is, I think I scared her off a bit because I realize that now I eat much more strictly then I did when I started. I am going to have to figure out how to temper advice to people who are just starting so that it doesn’t seem daunting. It also made me realize just how much I have changed. When I started I had MAJOR hang-ups about denying myself certain foods, etc., which aren’t necessarily gone, but they are so much quieter now.

On a scale note I am down 2 more pounds this week to 260. Only 7 to go to get to that 100 lost mark! I am so excited!

Does anyone watch Ugly Betty? I have recently started watching the first season on DVD and I totally love it! I love how Betty is both proud to be who she is but she also struggles when people treat her unkindly.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:56 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hello everyone, and L'Shana Tova to Donna and anyone else it applies to, as well as anyone else wanting good wishes.

Today I am wearing the Lane Bryant size 24 pants that have been hanging in my closet waiting for me to fit into them. They're still a little tight, but not to the point that the seams are ready to split. Five lbs ago I thought that all it would take to fit in them nicely was 5 lbs.; clearly I was off, and it will take another 5 lbs....but they are, as of today, officially in my Fall wardrobe.

This week the exercising has been a little more of a struggle to stay with. To exercise safely, I need to do it first thing in the morning. I have a medical condition that makes it harder to accomplish later in the day without increased risk. Yesterday I put off exercising until early evening, and had a bit of a problem, so as of today I am back to the more disciplined approach.

Debbie: good job staying on plan. I knew you'd be right back on.

Catherine: the traveling sounds great, but I know how anxiety-producing it can be as a larger person. I hope you enjoy the trips. I've only been to Toronto, Quebec, and Vancouver in Canada. Sorry the school isn't letting you take the other class. Seems to me, as adults we should all be able to decide for ourselves what we can handle. I agree with Meta: don't take no for an answer.

Story: I understand about the scale. It can be a great thing for it to be gone for a while.

Annie: You're doing great!

Peggy: Good job on getting rid of the extra weight. It feels great to be back on track, doesn't it? I understand about not telling people about being on program, as I don't like to invite comments from well-meaning food police.

Ammi: I am terrified of wasps, so I would have reacted just as badly as your DH! I'm amazed at how you handled that old wasp! Good for you, being back on plan and doing well. I wonder if it is a good thing that newer chairs, rides, etc. tend to accommodate bigger bodies. If we all felt the consequences of not fitting into most chairs etc. earlier, would we have gotten our wake-up calls earlier?

Rat: I feel optimistic that the scale will be your friend next week. Just keep at it. If anyone can relate to the internal cheers and jeers all at the same time, it's me.

Meta: My goodness, you keep chugging along taking off the weight at a nice clip. You are amazing.

Patti: keep it up, girl!

Valerie: I love your bargain results! That would have given me a high for several days. Good luck on your interview. Please report in asap.

Annie: the larger clothes are a true gift to people in need. There are many plus-sized women who have a difficult time finding clothes to wear. It is a wonderful thing to be able to turn them over to the next wearers. I am looking forward to giving away some of my clothes. In particular, I have a few pieces of professional clothing that I am eagerly awaiting giving to Wardrobe for Opportunity.

Hi and best wishes to everyone else.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:58 PM   #78  

Congrats, Nancy! Great NSV. You are doing amazingly well.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:46 PM   #79  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Catherine - I almost feel sorry for that poor chickie-poo - the one at your school. Show her how it's done!!!

Ratkity - Gabe will be about half and hour away. After Ken, the trainer, gets him going, I'll be going out. I want to ride him there a time or two before I bring him home.

Nancy - I LOVE Betty! Thursday night is the only night I ever turn on the TV, for Betty and Men In Trees. Not tonight tho - I'm still studying - can you tell???

There's good news and bad news. One of the pairs of pants I bought fits perfectly. Unfortunately, it's the one I thought I'd have to return because I bought a size too big.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:04 PM   #80  

Height: 5'6"

Battle Axe - LOL! I love the term Food Police! I use that all the time. My DH used to be like the FP in my previous weight loss attempts and say things like "Are you sure you should have that?" In retrospect, I know his heart was in the right place, but it sure frosted my cookies at the time. I told him that I was responsible for my own actions and food choices I make and that means the good the bad and the ugly. Period. I feel like I am in the driver's seat this time around...if that makes any sense.

DH called me before I left work and said he wanted pizza for dinner and did I want some...well...YES of course I do! I am a pizza fiend. Anyway, he typically buys a large pizza and I eat too many LARGE slices - usually THREE. Sooooooo.......I asked DH to please get a SMALL pizza and a salad and I am pleased to say that I had two slices of a small sized pizza and a salad. YEAH ME!!

Off to watch Ugly Betty. Love it! Can't wait for the season opener!
Old 09-13-2007, 09:26 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies! Just wanted everyone to know that I will be out of town this weekend --- leaving first thing in the morning -- and may not have much (if any) internet access. Have a good weekend!
Old 09-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Hi all I've been real busy at work my boss is off for 2 weeks and my other co worker took off for his new year and I've been slammed. Its been years since I've felt this busy. I finially had to destress at work so I went to wendy's for a buger fires and a frosty. And I just finish my familys deep rest tea. Its a herbal tea with a minty flavor, honey and burbon and yeah I'm totally relaxed now. I'm off to bed as 5 am comes quick and if I'm lucky I'll get off at 7:30pm.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:39 AM   #83  

Litchick: I use the BMI calculator here on 3FC.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:15 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hey all,

It is midnight plus 1 minute. lol. I am on my way to bed but wanted to stop in and catch up so I don't get too far behind.

Catherine: Sorry if you are disappointed about the extra class! When things like that happen to me I tend to try to just know that God knows best and what we can and can't handle at the time with what is coming down the road. Hugs to you anyway.

Ratkitten: I tried on every single one of the new clothes this evening and some don't quite fit me the way I like them to. Most fit fine and a few are off to someone else for their use. I just wanted to add that it has made such a world of difference for me to start talking kind to myself. Even in my head talking. Please don't be mean to you. You are special and deserve wonderful words. Hugs.

Peggy: I am so proud of you for deciding to not stay away anymore. So happy also that you have a good family.

Debbie: I enjoyed shopping but would honestly have enjoyed it more if I had gone alone. I took a friend and she was a downer honestly. Oh, well, I'll know better next time. I love to do most crafts from scrap booking, painting ceramics, floral, you name it I will try it and more than likely I'll enjoy it. My mom was an artist along with being paranoid scitzo. She was an excellent singer and could paint or draw anything free hand and she designed clothes for all my barbies when I was a girl. My sister and I had the very best barbie clothes of anyone we knew and barbie furniture made with real wood and Mom would cover them with tiny nails, stuffing and beautiful material. She won tons of prizes for her art work and I guess I got a bit of that in me. lol. My stepmom is also very artistic and we enjoy doing crafts together.

Battle: Congrats on the size 24 being part of your wardrobe. I agree totally with you about giving away clothes, well anything else that you can't use for that matter, to those who need it. I can recall the frustration to find clothes that looked decent for work when I was working.

Nancy: Great NSV! I am so proud of you hun.

Val: It's okay if the pants are not your favorite size right now. Keep up the wonderful work and they soon will be too big. Hugs and study hard.

Heather: Have a great time out of town. You will be missed.

John: get plenty of rest.

I just wanted to tell you all a formula that you probably all know but just in case there are any people that don't know it. This is the one that the Life insurance companies use and therefore the Dr's offices use it too for BMI calculations.

Take your current body weight and multiply it by 703

Example. I was at 510 pounds X 703 = 358,530

Take that number and divide it twice by your height in inches.

Example, My number was 358,530 divided by my heighth in inches 5' 9 and 1/2 = 69.5 inches /358,530 =5,159 divide that number by height again
5,159/69.5 = 75 BMI for me.

Hope that helps someone if not, lol just ignore it. Well, off to bed now.

Blessinsg to you all,
Annie

Last edited by dogpal; 09-14-2007 at 03:16 AM.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:24 AM   #85  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

annie~ Holy moley!! I just noticed your ticker! You have smoked right past me!!! WTG chick!!!! I am so proud of you!!!

Last edited by going to lose 200; 09-14-2007 at 08:24 AM.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:05 AM   #86  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

Annie, look at you! We're going to be doing the countdown to THREE hundred before we know it! I'm very happy for you...so many big changes still to come.

Battle - Glad you have some 'new' pants! That's really nice when that happens.

Peggy - Wonderful that you're down to your ticker weight so quickly. The rest of the 60's will fly by with your renewed focus. Yay!

I'm wearing the new size 22 dress I bought at Reitman's 15 pounds ago for the first time today. I feel great in it! I love when you love what you're wearing. That feeling had escaped me for so long at my higher weight.

It just got very dark and gloomy and started to rain. I like days like this sometimes. I'm off for the weekend as well for a last couple of days at the cottage and to enjoy a traditional country fall fair in the small town nearby.

Last edited by MetaChick; 09-14-2007 at 09:14 AM.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:13 AM   #87  

Morning everyone!

Didn't have time at home to check in so I figured I would pop in here at work. I have a *busy* day today. Only working until noon, then lots of errands and pups to the vet, etc. I won't be able to get my walk in until tonight, but this AM stopped at Walmart and parked as far away as I could. Figure I should get my extra steps in when I can.

Today is casual day at the office. YEAH! NSV today was to try on a long sleve t-shirt (Size Mens XL) that I got back in 2000 when I was last at my current weight (doing Atkins at the time) and only wore a handful of times before it was too small. I was SO psyched putting it on this AM. It has a beautiful scene painted on the back with a black lab in it. I love it and I refused to get rid of it when I got too big to wear it. Woohoo! I am wearing a pair of Lee Rider jeans (size 22) that I bought at Walmart a few weeks ago. They are starting to get a *tad* loose, so this AM...I bought the same jeans (darker color) in a 20 and am going to use them as motivation to keep myself commmitted to getting healthy and to keep going.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 09-14-2007, 09:42 AM   #88  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Hi girls and guys
Only down a lb this week. I'll take it considering my choices werent great for a few of the days and I had a great loss last week. Better to have lost than gained
Old 09-14-2007, 09:59 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Hi All,

I’m tired I didn’t get much sleep last night because hubby was having trouble sleeping because of his Chostocronditis was playing up. Then I had to get up early to go for blood tests. I came home, had breakfast and as much as I really wanted to go back to bed I exercised. I’ve since exercised some more, had lunch and as soon as both girls are on their way to their various destinations for the weekend Daren and I are going grocery shopping. I will be ready to drop by the time we get home Oh well I can have a nice lazy day tomorrow, apart from the laundry and more exercise

Metachick - you made Toronto sound so wonderful you’ve got me really fancying a trip there. Shame it’s so far away Oh well, I’ll just add it to the list of places I want to see.

Brenda - glad you aren’t giving up, getting back on track can be so hard at times. I’m glad you are ready willing and able to do it Great news on that 1 lb down Going off track on the weekend didn’t do too much damage then!!

Annie - yay finally I don’t owe you an email Did you get yourself some pretty new underwear yesterday when you went shopping? I read that you took a friend with you and she brought you down a bit. Was that you walking buddy? She still having a bad time of it?

Rat - how are you doing OP today? I know you went over your points the other day, but at least you rode your bike too, so you know that will have helped to limit any damage it might have done. When I go over my points, or have a binge I always say blow the exercise too. I should try to always make myself do it regardless of what I eat, I won’t feel so bad then

Debbie - it does feel great to be staying OP and doing all the exercise I can. It’s so weird though, but because I have been so good and done so much more exercise I expect to get on the scales and be like half way to goal I KNOW I’ll be lucky to have lost 2 or 3 lbs as it’s only been 5 days being OP, but now that I am on track again I want to be skinny yesterday

Ooooh what’s the Leslie Sansone ‘Walk and Muscle’ DVD like? I have got the normal WATP videos, and the ‘Walk and Jog’ one but I’ve not even heard of the ‘Walk and Muscle’ one. Would you recommend it? I love that she’s branching out and doing more than just the walking videos, it’s good to have to work up a sweat especially with her jogging or as she put it the ‘boosted walking’ sections

Nancy - just 7 lbs to go to have lost 100 lbs, that is so wonderful. I shall be watching your ticker and will be getting ready to congratulate you on such a fab achievement!!

That’s wonderful that you had such a nice compliment from that woman you mentioned. Is she the one you scared off with your dietary advice Me, whenever I get asked how I’ve lost my weight, I just say WW all the way, and when they ask what I can eat I honestly say ‘whatever I want’!! I do also say that I can have a big slice of pizza if I want, but that as a plate of fish with a pile of vegetables is more filling and for less points, then I’d rather have that. So they know I do have to make choices but CAN choose the less healthy and filling option

As for Ugly Betty it’s one of my fave shows, I LOVE it!! We’ve only seen series one so far over here but I am anxiously waiting for series 2 to start.

BattleAx - on getting into those size 24 pants, and all it took was you losing another 5 lbs. It’s amazing what a difference just 5 lbs can make. That’s one of the reasons I am so keen to lose what I can before I go away. I know it won’t sound like much in the scheme of things, but I am sure that 14 lbs which is what I’d like to lose by then, will have me fitting on those rides much more comfortably! You are right though that by making new rides have bigger seats it could very well make it too easy for people to stay comfortable at bigger weights and not realise that they really should lose some. On the other hand, I am still glad they do the bigger sized seats because at least I should definitely get on those rides and my money won’t be wasted

Why are you terrified of wasps? Were you stung as a child or something? I was stung when I was little, in the mouth I had left an open can of soda in the car when I went to some place with my parents, and when we got back in the car I had a drink only to find that a wasp had flown in the can!! Luckily it only stung me on my gum and mum got the sting out, so I was OK. I guess it should have made me worried about wasps, but more than anything it just taught me NEVER to drink from a can that’s been left open As for dealing with wasps or any creepy crawlies now, I don’t have much choice because Daren and both girls hate anything like that. Can’t say I am keen myself, but hey, somebody’s got to get them out of the house

Heather - I don’t know if you will see this in time, but just in case, have a lovely weekend

John - I love the sound of your family’s deep rest tea, sounds like it really does the job. Sorry work is ‘slamming’ you now. I hope it will calm down soon

OK well I best make a move, got to get ready to go out now. Take care all and have a great weekend.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 09-14-2007, 10:21 AM   #90  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Hiya ladies - just a fly by to say hello and I am still reading all your comments but with just starting my registered nurse post and with so much to learn I don't have much time at the mo to post. Anyway, weight is going good, it is on a VERY slow gradual drop, without me having to really 'do' much. The fact I walk about like a headless chicken on the wards all day is helping I think!! I love the fact that I have changed what I do with food slightly so it feels very gradual and natural. Unfortunately its not a quick fix change, but I guess as long as it is going down I should be happy!

I love love love my job! Its so great - so much responsiblity but being qualified is just great and getting to look after a team of patients every day is brilliant!! And will hopefully get progressively easier as the weight comes off.

All is good at home, kids doing great and hubby and little doggie too. Not realy exercising other than walking the dog, but think I will join the exercise goal for October to get some swimming in too as I do miss it.

Nancy - I love reading your posts and find your thoughts very interesting indeed. You are doing so amazing weight and exercise wise - well done!!

Ammi - good to hear you are doing so well on the downward slope, don;t be impatient I think you are doing amazing. i went to Alton Towers and Drayton Manor this summer and fitted in nearly everything and I am so so much heavier than you I really do predict you will be pleasantly suprised..

Annie - how is your recovery going hun?? I hope ok and the weight loss looks amazing, you have worked so hard you really do deserve everything good coming your way!!

Everyone else - sorry really do have to leave it here for now but wanted to say hi and I am still on the gradual decrease plan!!

Em xx
Closed Thread