Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 03:32 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Great news! I am no longer a 300 lb. woman. The scale was down to 299.8 this morning.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:42 PM   #47  

w000h000 Battle! WTG!

Luv,
Ratkitten
Old 09-05-2007, 04:05 PM   #48  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

Battle THAT'S FANTASTIC! It's such a big physical and psychological barrier to pass. You've done it. Congratulations!
Old 09-05-2007, 06:46 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Thank you! Yes, it is an enormous barrier to pass. I am walking on air.

One baby step at a time I am reclaiming my former glory : ) . Today my own Queer Eye (a friend I have known for many years, and has helped me decorate my homes and office) went with me to select a new pair of eyeglasses. We made a bit of a scene in the store, as I announced he was my consultant, and he proceeded to pull glasses off the displays and pile them up in front of me. There is nothing quiet about him, and as we went around trying different glasses on me, and him shouting "take them off! You look like a librarian who's never had a boyfriend" and "You look HOT!" The employees were very amused. It was way fun. I can't wait until the new glasses are ready.

On top of all that, two pair of big granny panties are going in the trash. Aside from the fact that they are holey and bleach stained, they no longer stay up, and the crotch hangs way down. These two pair were on the big side when I started, but now there is no way to keep them in service. Besides, if I am in an accident, I don't want the emergency room employees to see the sorry state of my underwear.

I think one of my bras is also on its way out of service.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:03 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Ratkitten: Hugs right back to you girl.

Catherine: I'm so glad that you are feeling better. Wow, sounds like you will be busy with the fall assignments.

Battle: Huge Congrats on your getting to 2 town!!! I am so happy for you. What a great thing to celebrate!

Peggy: Yeah to new coats in a smaller size and new puppies! I can't wait to see your photos of him/her!

Brenda:HI

Ammi: Glad that you are back!

Cris: You can do it, get back on track, come on sweetie pie. hugs.

Debbie: 30 min. on the treadmill deserves a big hug! Way to go!

Well, I weiged today and I am down since last week. I am very happy to have lost the 6 pounds I gained plus another 9! I am feeling so much better today than I have so far. I also went through every stitch of clothing I have and I gave away 2 trash bags full of clothes to my friend and was able to unpack every single size 26 that I own because it fits perfect. I have never had anything too big for me since I started loosing weight and it was a nice feeling to have some things that look bad because they are too big.

I hope you are all doing well and staying op.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 09-05-2007, 07:26 PM   #51  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Annie~ How amazing that you are down another 9lbs over and above what you had gained. I am hoping that this week I can too show a loss. It has been before my vacation that I started gaining so for me to actually take some of it off again would be great. I am thinking that maybe since tonight I have the munchies that I will either go to bed straigt away or go and play some video games. Something to keep my mind off food *L*
Old 09-05-2007, 08:37 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie, that is sooooooooo fantastic that you got rid of all those clothes. There's no turning back now! And fitting into a size 26...WoW!!! Keep it up...I bet you're just floating!!!

GoingToLose, I know how you feel about wanting to just go to bed instead of giving into cravings. I've done that quite a few times.

Battleax, that is something I look forward to myself. to you and keep up the good work!!!

have a good night everybody!
Debbie
Old 09-05-2007, 08:45 PM   #53  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Battle- Congratulations on being out of the 300's!!!! I love that you celebrated by ditching those granny panties and get some fab eyewear!

Annie - I am amazed that you are rocking so quickly after your surgery!

Ammi -Welcome back! I can imagine your routine will quiet down a lot with the girls back in school. That is so fantastic that you and Darren were able to get some time away together!

John – The dehydration is probably just from the heat and sweating a lot, but if it persists you should get it checked out. Better to be safe. . .

Peggy – Great NSV with the LL Bean quote. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. My mother’s side of the family is all from back woods Maine – it is so beautiful up there!

Well I have some tofu to cook and I need to call my step-mother. We have been trying to connect for awhile and I want to give her a call tonight, except I think it is the night she goes clogging or square dancing.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:36 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

A quickie -- Battleax, congrats!!!!
Old 09-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi all,

Well, I am happy to say that I have exercised each day this week, and haven't been horrible (although not perfect) with my eating. I feel like I am ready to make a commitment. Don't ask how many times I have said that, but I mean it this time. Or I want to mean it.

My DH got a temp job that starts in a few weeks, so that has released some stress. We are still awaiting the news of lay-offs (2600 people are going). I hope I am not one of them.

Let's see how I do with personals.

Nancy: You are doing great, keep it up!!

Ratkitten: I work at a biotech company that supports cancer patients. How interesting that you do cancer research. You look great with all the weight you have lost!!

Catherine: I'm so glad that you are feeling better. I am not personally an extremely "faithful" person, although at times I wish I was. Maybe someday it will hit me. I hope.

Battle: Congrats on being below 300...that is great!!

John: Brownies...yum!! Brownies with nuts are the best.

Peggy: I would love to see a 3X coat at this point. I love animals, so please post your new doggie.

Ammi: Glad that you are back! How in the world did you fit in all that exercise so far this month??

Debbie: Congrats on getting off the pity party and getting in your exercise!!

Annie: Congrats on so much success. You seem like such a shining star, nothing can get in your way!!

OK, long long post for me. You all rock!!

Real (Angie by the way)
Old 09-06-2007, 12:47 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Battle that is freaking awsome!!

Annie- damn thats amazing

Realist- Actual I hate nuts in food other then bananna nut bread and almonds in chocolate bars. I can actually turn brownies down if there are nuts in them. I like nuts by themsleves all kinds but dislike like things like snickers, baby ruths, wet nuts on ice cream. (I will eat a drumstick go figure) any cookie with nuts in. I'm werid.

I also found out the hard way there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. I will never eat a whole bag of brussel sporuts again. I can barely live with myself. Its worse then dollar bean burrito night at the bar with 2 dollar drafts.

But I will say I do like these bird eye steamer bags. you just toss the whole bag in the microwave cook for 5 mins and your veggies are done.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:15 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 357/see tracker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everybody--

I haven't been able to read any threads but the current one so I don't know what's really going on lately.

Brenda—sorry it rained on your camping trip. I’m sure that made getting home that much more work. I’ve always found that I’ve got twice as much to clean up right after my vacations—even if I did laundry wherever I was staying at. Congrats on the offer to be a vender at that ladies weekend. Good luck. My mother makes some jewelry too. If you’d like to see some samples to my MySpace page at: www.myspace.com/dolfingirl2000 where you can get to my mother’s page. She is my 2nd friend and her name is Marilyn. I’ve been posting some of her pictures up there. I love looking at her stuff. Have you ever posted pics of your jewelry? Anyway—good luck and I hope you make much, much moola. And do NOT feel too badly about going OP while you were camping. The trick is to jump right back on that horse.

Catherine—is there any chance you could be in the family way? Just wondering. I hope you’re feeling better soon and able to finish up your sewing. I’m looking into sewing classes after my operation. I have some really nice clothes that I’d like to take in, you know? Plus—I don’t have a lot of money to just go out and buy a whole lot of clothes.

Debbie54—I’m sorry you’re bummed out about your WI. I’ve been there and know how bad it feels. Don’t give up because you WILL reach that 40lb mark. It’s just going to take a little bit longer than you want it too. :P (((hugs)))

Valerie—kudos to you for not eating that cake. Now me—I woulda had a piece because I’m weak when it comes to pie or cake being made and in my house right near my plates and forks. I can control myself better than if it was potato chips though. LOL

Xena—did the yoga help your back? Just think of all that lovely exercise you did while you were “spying” on the other half. I hope your feeling better.

SoulBliss—Welcome back. I wasn’t posting here when you were here before. I keep coming back though. Your idea about prepping for the week is a good one. It saves lots of time and energy and I know that when I’m in the mood to not be so good it actually helps me to have foods prepared and ready for me to grab when I want to munch on something NOW. Good luck with it.

Booty—take a deep breath and realize that you WILL survive. ((((HUGS)))) That totally sucks and I hurt for you. I’m probably going to sound a little cliché when I say this, but make yourself some good music CD’s with songs like “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor, “Kiss This” by Aaron Tippin, “Before He Cheats” by Carrie Underwood, etc. Whatever will make you feel strong and eventually laugh about how stupid he is. When my bf and I were having big problems—we have started rebuilding our relationship but it’s HARD—anyway, I know that listening to Carrie Underwood singing about torching her cheating bf’s truck always made me laugh out loud. Not that I would do that in person, but I would imagine it and I am not ashamed to say that it made me feel a lot better. Good luck and keep posting here. The people here are very supportive about all aspects of your life. ((((hugs))))

Story—I used to weigh myself every day. I’ve since gotten away from that, but I’m restarting on Saturday morning. Anyway—I gained 7 lbs. in 1 day one week and it was all because of my little friend. :P I was pissed! Your dealing with it the right way—LOL. Probably much better than I did. I screamed and yelled at the scale and then started to cry. I started 2 days later and I felt a lot better about my crazy behavior. What do you have to go see a surgeon for?

Ratkity—you cracked me up with your [quote] OMG, I was just mesmerized by a food commercial.[\quote] I’ve been there and done that. Good luck in dealing with TOM—and I hope he doesn’t show up for your bicycle tour. Have fun!

Donna—I hate losing posts. I’ve started writing personals in Word while I’m reading. Then I copy and paste. It works for me. I can’t wait to hear about the “girl party”. I haven’t been here in almost a month so I’m intrigued.

Peggy—I go away and come back all the time. Unfortunately real life gets in the way of our computer life once in a while. As long as you come back and visit it’s all good.

MetaChick—what a great NSV that is. I remember how happy I was to realize that I could fit comfortably in the head (bathroom for those of you who don’t go boating ) on my boyfriend’s boat. I hadn’t been on that boat in years because the last time I went on it I swear I made the boat tilt to whatever side I was on. . Good for you!

Nancy—I’m so proud of you for deciding to have the WW sundae. You’re awesome. Sorry that you’re sore and tired, but it’s for a good reason. I hope you’re feeling better soon.

Battle—great news on your fitness level increasing. I wish I would get myself back to the gym. I am going to after my surgery, but right now with my belly flap hitting the top of my legs and making me want to cry all the time I just can’t force myself to do it. I lost 130 lbs. and I’ve gained back almost 20 of that because I was bummed out about being at a plateau for so long and then one day I realized I could feel my stomach on the top of my thighs and that was it. Anyway, you SHOULD be proud of yourself for your fitness improving. And please don’t be bummed out about the other people being fitter than you are. It’s always going to happen friend—there’s always someone who’s better than we are at something—LOL. Although I don’t let too many people know I feel that way. Good luck with the photo shoot.

Woo-hoo for you—the woman formerly known as a 300 lb. Woman is no more. Yay!!

Wyllen—you are such an inspiration to me. Thank you and good luck at your dinner.

Annie—I’m assuming you’ve had your operation and are doing well. Please don’t feel like an “it”. To all of us here, you are a smart, caring, wonderful woman and that is NOT a person who should think of herself as an “it”. (((hugs))) Keep up the good work. I’m happy that everything is going so well for you. You deserve it.

Ammi—219 lbs. Yay for you. I am so impressed with how well you’re doing now. I remember when you were bummed out. It’s good to know that you can get yourself back OP, isn’t it. Keep up the good work girl.

Cris—I’ve got a copy of “The Secret” and while it was not really a secret for me either, I have to say that I like the way the material is presented. When I first bought the book I consciously practiced it and I will tell you that I had miraculous results. I can’t really go into it right now because it’s almost 1:00 and I have to be up at 5:00. I will enjoy talking about it when I am able to get back here though. It’s always easier to eat right and exercise when you don’t have to worry about what other people are doing, isn’t it? When my bf was working every day it was awesome—I would go to the gym for up to 2 hours a day in the mornings and get it done—now he doesn’t always have to go in and I feel like I have to come home and make breakfast for him—plus—I do have to admit that I really DO enjoy drinking my morning coffee with him and just talking. But I miss those couple of hours that I had to work out. Good luck with getting back on track.

Angie—good luck with the husband’s temp job and good for you with meaning it this time. We’ve all been there—most of us more than once. LOL Just keep coming and keep making little changes in your life and you’ll be able to do it.

Big John—you made me LOL with your brussel sprouts and burrito analogy. I like the idea of the steamer bags but for some reason I ended up not being thrilled with them. Probably because I bought corn-on-the-cob and it was mushy. Hmmm…I’ll have to rethink this whole microwave bag thing now. Anyway, thanks for the laugh.

Okay everyone, I have to go now. It’s after 1:00 and I have to be at the hospital at 6:30 for my tummy tuck surgery. Wish me luck and I’m planning on posting before and after pictures soon. For those of you who don’t know—I lost 130 lbs. and while I still have a bit more to go, I went to see a plastic surgeon about a tummy tuck. I thought he would say I still had to lose a lot more weight, but he was actually pretty impressed and I’m now going to go in to have my belly flap removed and a little liposuction as well. It’s just so hard for me to really motivate myself because no matter what I do I can feel my “pouch” hitting the top of my thighs and I just cannot do it anymore—if you know what I mean. I talked about it somewhere else a couple of weeks ago, but I don’t know how to find it. I haven’t been able to come here for a couple of weeks either, my brother and his family were here in Massachusetts visiting from California for a couple of weeks and we had a blast. Anyway. I’ll post about my surgery as soon as I can. Have a great week people. I’m rooting for all of you and so proud of you.

Vicki

Last edited by Heather; 09-06-2007 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:44 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Hi All,

Well I can’t believe it, the kids have gone back to school and NOW we are having gloriously hot sunny weather. Typical Oh well I won’t complain because I am loving it, and I’m getting all my laundry done, bedding and all. Maybe when I am done here I’ll make my lunch and take my book and go sit outside and top up my tan

Thanks to a friend who kindly let me have the DVD Leslie Sansone Walk and Jog, I did that as part of my exercise routine today. I have to say it is so hard to jog and hold all the wobbly bits so they don’t wobble Good job it’s just gentle jogging!!! I really enjoyed the work out, but don’t think I could manage it daily. I think it has become my new every other day DVD.

John - hi thanks for saying you missed my posts, nice to know somebody noticed I was gone Seriously, I do hate it when I have a spell from the board. I love to post and to keep up with everybody’s news. How are things with you these days? I’m kind of out of the loop.

Catherine - just reading your post about your assignment baffled me, so I have to say I am very impressed that you can actually understand and do all that stuff. Good luck with it.

Debbie - I don’t know what happened with your son, but I am sorry that his leaving and the way he did it has caused so much upset. It must be hard for you knowing how much he has hurt your mom. I hope if she needs her meds changed that the doc will be happy to do that for her

BattleAx - out to Twotown!! That is brilliant that you are out of the 300s!!! I bet you are still smiling about it

I loved hearing about your own ‘queer eye’ guy helping you chose glasses. I bet you both were the talk of all those shop assistants for the rest of the day I wish I could have a fun friend like that

Annie - 380 lbs that is just awesome. You must feel so very happy about that. The way you are going it won’t be long until you are in the 200s!! I am thrilled for you too that you got rid of all those ‘fat’ clothes. You are going to love going to the store and looking at all the smaller clothes you can buy now. Yes I know you have a lot of stuff you kept from before, but you deserve to treat yourself to some brand new smaller size stuff too, just for the thrill of it!!! Well done my friend

Brenda - did you have an early night of play video games? Either way, did you beat the munchies? I love playing games to keep my mind off wanting to eat. It works a treat for me. In fact sometimes I even forget that it’s gone past a meal time lol.

Nancy - yes I am only on day two of the girls being back in school but already I am more in control of my eating and my exercising. I wish I could stay so focused when they are at home. What’s the worst thing is that when we have days out with them I always eat what I shouldn’t. It’s not always because there’s not a healthy option. I sometimes find it so hard to say no to something nice while the rest of the family are indulging.

How are you settling into your new place? I hope you are loving it there.

Angie - sounds like you have done your baby steps and now you are ready to really go for it with the diet. Good for you!!!

Thanks for the welcome back, I always miss you all when I am not able to post. As for the exercise, that’s one of the reasons I wasn’t posting so much lol. I try to do 2 hours a day of routine exercise, and I also add the time I spend doing the vacuuming, and when we go for walks etc. It all adds up. Today so far I’ve walked half an hour, gone on my spin bike for half an hour, done half an hour Walk and Jog DVD, and I want to do some arm toning before I have my lunch. Busy busy lol.

Vicki - I don’t know if you’ll see this before you leave for the hospital. But just in case you will, then with the tummy tuck. I will be really keen on hearing how it goes, how it feels, how you recover etc because I’ll be going down that track hopefully by this time next year. Take care, and bye bye saggy skin forever

I just requested to be added to your friends list on MySpace. I’d like to see your page, and go look at your mum’s jewellery that she makes.

Just to let everybody know, Sharon (voodoo) is OK, she’s still having a heck of a time trying to get her Internet sorted out. Hopefully in about a week she’ll be back giving us all her news.

Well it’s time for me to go do a bit more working out before I make lunch and then go an enjoy the sunshine. Take care all and bye for now.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 09-06-2007, 07:46 AM   #59  

Vicki, I didn't catch you before your TT surgery, but while you are in there, I am sending strength and healing vibes to you!!!!!!

I understand about the apron issues. My thighs bump into it when I'm in the drops while bike riding. My spandex shorts keeps it in line while riding, but I'm sure the neighbors will need therapy after seeing me ride by in spandex. Muhahahaha.

I have been having hormonal issues big time. I didn't exercise yesterday. I came home, got in my jammies and hid inside. I was pissy and fussy and not OP (which cascaded my mood even more). I hate posting about my bad moods. I feel invisible here and at work and very unappreciated in general. Also, my baby sis is riding down to the bike ride with me and has a bad cold. I don't want her cold! I also don't want to listen to her whining about her work or about family or anything. *sigh* I'm in a better mood this morning, but barely. This pre-menopause hormone thing sucketh big time.

Just as an exercise and also to not leave this post on a bad note (no matter how bad I feel), I am going to list a couple positive things I've done in the past 24 hrs: I went to bed early, I wore my cpap mask and slept ok, and I hugged my animals.

Hugs,
Rat

Last edited by Ratkitten; 09-06-2007 at 07:49 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:09 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Rat - so sorry you were having a hormonal and bad day yesterday. Good for you for looking for the good things you did though. Maybe a few more hugs for the animals might be a help. If not, here's a big virtual hug from me

Hugs,

Ammi
Closed Thread