Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 08:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1122

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 09-03-2007, 09:08 AM   #2  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Morning everyone!

Well camping was...ok. It rained-hard- both nights. Packed everything up when it was wet so yesterday we had to dry everything, wash everything possible.. ugh!

I set up some of my jewellry yesterday at a flea market. I got an offer to be a vender at a ladies weekend near the end of Sept. I am excited about this! Definately higher end than the flea market and farmers markets we usually do *L*

Eating all weekend was a disgrace. I was so prepared and just didnt bother. I had lots of food with us that was healthy. Snacks full of low fat cheese, fruit, vegg... instead ate burgers, potato chips, cookies. Yesterday we were home and it was no better. Today i WILL be OP!!

Annie- good to hear you are doing so well.

gotta run for now....B
Old 09-03-2007, 11:37 AM   #3  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Brenda-It sounds like you and I had the same kind of weekend. We had about 10 people over yesterday, so there was all kind of food in the house that normally isn’t. Today is a new day thank heavens.

Annie-I’m so glad that you are up and around. When I had my gall bladder taken out, the old way, I felt like my insides were going to fall out everytime I tried to sit up. I had to stand up holding my stomach for months it seems like. I guess they do the surgery arthroscopically now. You’ve had a major assault to your insides, so take care of yourself and don’t overdo it.

I’m going to try to finish my sewing today as long as he doesn’t invite any more people over. I took a 5 hour nap yesterday afternoon, and then slept all night too. I feel drained and exhausted. I’m going to up my protein today and see if that helps.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Good Mornin' and Happy Labor Day!!

Today was my WI...I gained two pounds. I don't know why. Stress? TOM? Who knows. So sorta bummed about that. I don't think I will ever reach my 40lb mark. All I can do is keep trying....no, I'm not giving up.

Annie! Sweet Annie!!! How ya doin' chickie? It's so good to see you back and I'm totally in awe of your for doing exercise ALREADY!!! You'll be losing weight like crazy now.

Catherine, It sounds like you had a house full. I hope you can get your energy level back up there. Nothing worse than trying to get things accomplished and just feel too tired to get it done. How are the cravings going?

Going To Lose, so sorry it rained on you while camping. Although I have to say, when I used to camp, I liked it to rain and lay in my tent and just hear the rain. Very relaxing. I probably wouldn't of been able to stay OP on a trip either. Just start OP once again...you can do it!!!

Well, I can't believe I'm saying this...but I'm going to go...<biting tongue, clenching fist>
E X E R C I S E !!!!!!! TA DA DA DAAAAAAA

Last edited by Debbie54; 09-03-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:54 AM   #5  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

There's cake in the house. DON'T BLAME ME - I didn't buy the stuff. But I can tell it's time for me to put some distance between me and it, so instead of posting here - within 8 feet of the monster - I'm taking the dogs for a walk and going shopping for fruit, etc.

I'll read y'all later! ( I know. People from Ohio don't say "y'all" )
Old 09-03-2007, 12:15 PM   #6  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Good morning everyone. For everyone who gets Labor Day off, I hope you are all enjoying your last day of freedom before returning to work.

Yesterday I went to the "Kaleidoscope of Homes" which is a chance to tour some large ritzy homes..newly built ones. It's a chance for upscale builders, decorators, landscapers, etc to advertise themselves and the admission fees go to the local children's hospital. I like to go once or twice a year just to see how the other half lives. I can't say I really liked the houses this go around. They were very dark and almost goth-looking. At least to my eye. One of the houses looked like a castle on the outside and inside it looked like a vampire lived there! No kidding.

Anyway, because of all the walking and going up and down stairs my back is hurting today. I am think I am going to get one of my easy yoga DVD's out and see if some stretching will help it to feel better.

Other than that I have some light yard work planned for today and I am going to be studying for my Statistics test which is tomorrow night.

Annie - You already have more exercise minutes than I do and you have had major surgery! Sheesh, I have no excuse! I hope you don't over do it though. Take care of yourself, dear. What happened with your sister that she left?

Brenda - Sorry your camping turned out a little soggy. What kind of jewelry are you selling at the flea market?

Catheriene - A 5 hour nap! You must really have needed the rest. I hope the extra protein does the trick and you are feeling better soon.

Debbie - Sounds like you feel them same way about your 40 pound mark as I do about my 25. For some reason it's a weight I get close to and then end up sabotaging myself. I am still working my way back to it and am hoping now that I am more aware of the behavior, I can stop myself from sabotaging that milestone. I am really hoping to make it to 20 pounds at my weighin on Wed. I do WW so if I do I get another 5 pound star for my bookmark. It's the little things in life that make me happy.

OK, that's it for me. Have a great day everyone. I hope to be back later to post some exercise minutes.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:40 PM   #7  
trying again!

Xena ~ I make costume jewellry, all glass beads, Swarovski Austrian crystals etc.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:52 PM   #8  
trying again!

did anyone watch Tyra Banks today? She had girls on there re. self-worth and body image etc. I only caught part of it but there was a lady on there named Jessica Weiner. She has written a couple of books, one called "Do I look fat in this? Life doesnt begin 5 lbs from now." Has anyone read it? I think it may be an interesting read!

Last edited by going to lose 200; 09-03-2007 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:21 PM   #9  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Hello! I was here briefly before I went away for the Summer and now I am back...I am incredibly busy with a new semester of school having just started last week, my daughter starting HIGH SCHOOL and her various theater projects etc. (and then there's the rest of day to day life too). I need the support of posting here since I have no friends in my face to face life as a support for this. I have tried to find them but my efforts have been fruitless!

That is why I am lucky to have you all here! I am going to be making the effort to check in here and on the "Biggest Loser" threads as well.

I have a plan: I get a CSA package of vegetables and fruits weekly on Fridays and my plan is to cook up vegetables on Saturday or Sunday for the week and make brown rice, whole wheat pasta, beans and lentils as well. I figure if I have the basics all prepared, I will be more successful and save time as well during the busy week.

I wish all those here the best of luck and will be offering and asking for support!!!
Old 09-03-2007, 01:25 PM   #10  

SoulBliss -- Welcome back!

How are you liking the CSA? We're thinking of doing that next year...

I do a lot of weekend cooking and prepping for the week. This weekend I made "Skillet Lasagna", which is a misnomer, as it doesn't fit in a skillet -- I make it in a dutch oven. This week I made a double batch and froze half of it for during the term. And yesterday we grilled chicken breasts and red peppers and have that leftovers for several meals. It really helps stay on track when there's yummy healthy food all ready for you!
Old 09-03-2007, 01:43 PM   #11  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Thanks!
I LOVE the CSA and it really makes it easier to eat organic, fresh, seasonal food. We have been getting more lettuces than we can eat though (they go bad pretty quickly) and that makes me sad!
Old 09-03-2007, 02:30 PM   #12  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

What is CSA?
Old 09-03-2007, 02:31 PM   #13  

Xena -- See: http://www.localharvest.org/csa/
From that site:
CSA is Community Supported Agriculture (And Other Farm Subscriptions)

Many farms offer produce subscriptions, where buyers receive a weekly or monthly basket of produce, flowers, fruits, eggs, milk, coffee, or any sort of different farm products.

A CSA, (for Community Supported Agriculture) is a way for the food buying public to create a relationship with a farm and to receive a weekly basket of produce. By making a financial commitment to a farm, people become "members" (or "shareholders," or "subscribers") of the CSA. Most CSA farmers prefer that members pay for the season up-front, but some farmers will accept weekly or monthly payments. Some CSAs also require that members work a small number of hours on the farm during the growing season.

SoulBliss -- I guess with a CSA I'm concerned that a lot of the food will go bad -- it takes a lot of time to prep fresh food sometimes!!

Last edited by Heather; 09-03-2007 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:13 PM   #14  
Beyonce got NOTHIN on me

S/C/G: 180/ticker/127ish?

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi there, ladies.

I haven't been around for a while now as things got really crazy as it came time for me to move to Baltimore. I am now in my new apartment and had been doing well on my diet, and then last night my boyfriend called and, completely out of the blue, broke up with me.

Since then I have not had much interest in eating. I'm understandably very upset but all of my friends have remarked that I'm taking it really well. He was woven into the fabric of my life in every way, and I now feel there is a hole in my soul that can only be filled with my tears. I am working to tell myself I can go on without him here, but it gets hard, and it has not even been 24 hours yet.

Feedback on how to cope would be appreciated even though this is not weight loss related... thank you for listening.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:20 PM   #15  
The Story Re-Written

S/C/G: 384/227/180-235

Height: 6ft 4in

Hi All~

Lindsey ~ Yeah, I can still make burgers and throw them on the Foreman or the outdoor grill just fine, just those processed and compacted things...ugh..

No Life Without Horses ~ I know...thing was, my family and I did Burger King on a Thursday and I had the issues with the patty, then my bf decided to do some mushroom swiss burgers and instead of getting regular ground beef, he got the premade patties and I had the same issue. I'm not complaining though...least now I'm not, believe me, I was sitting on the floor cursing myself for even eating those hockey pucks. *giggles*

dogpal ~ I wasn't around much before you went in for surgery. I am so glad to hear that things went well.

Well, my TOM is looming and man, I am retaining water like the Hoover Dam. I got on the scale and in one day I had gained 4lbs. I about had a hissyfit, but then I realized the possible culprit. I am down a pound from that today and I can only cringe at what will show up in the scale when I go to see my surgeon tomorrow for my fill.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Story
Closed Thread