Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 01:07 AM   #46  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie-The monthly health card that we were waiting on so that I could get my leisure pass came today, and it still didn’t have my name on it. He has called the agency, but it is no telling how long that is going to take. What’s really bad is that my prescriptions are due, and I was hoping to not have to pay for another month’s worth when they are supposed to be covered now. I’m going to run out of one of my HBP drugs on Wednesday. All I expect is for government workers to be timely and competent, and I just haven’t seen much of that lately. First immigration, and now Alberta Health. I do feel like an “Unperson” at times. As for his sister, I just told him that she wasn’t worth wasting good spit on. And you are right about it happening even if I hadn’t been here. He said if he had finished paying off the loan in another 7 years, and then found out, that he might have killed himself over it. I just let the wound fester quicker.

Brenda-I’m probably going to need legs, and upper arms, but I’m not sure if I’m going to need the apron thing. All my weight has always been below the waist mostly.

Kayley-I’m glad you had fun at your concert. I remember doing stuff like that when I was in college. I’d tell you who I went to see, but that would seriouslllllly date me.

Kymberly-I remember when I first got to buy underwear that weren’t the largest size. That was truly cool.

Xena-Yes, I did both regular and deep water. We did a lot of different kinds of stretching stuff in the deep end, and then did different types of laps. In addition to all the different types of regular strokes, we did things like laps where we just propelled ourselves using bicycle motions with our legs, forward and then back, or ones just using our arms in the same way. I’ve seen some classes that did weights in the deep end. We also did crunches and leg stuff lying on our backs. Most people wore buoyancy belts to make it easier to stay afloat. They wouldn’t fit me, but I didn’t need them because I couldn’t sink if I tried. Towards the end though, I passed some kind of “tipping point” and while I still floated, my bottom half wanted to be on top like a fishing bobbin. If I wasn’t careful, I’d go cadywhompus. I highly recommend it. I really got a work out. The regular aerobics gave me flexibility, but deep water got my heart rate up.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:08 AM   #47  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Thanks, Catherine. The website says they require you to wear a flotation belt for deep water. So immediately I start worrying "do they have one that fits me"? My weight is all in my waist. I will be so glad to not have to worry about whether I can physically fit the things I want to do.

I have to admit I have been really off plan for the past week. The stress of the GMAT got to me and I ate over it. And once I started I had a hard time stopping. The scale says I am up quite a bit. WW weigh in is tomorrow. I will go to the meeting but not weigh. I know what damage I have done but am too embarrassed to let them see it.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:08 AM   #48  
Because I deserve it!

ps

Thanks for all the congratulations on my test scores.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:58 AM   #49  

Greetings all!

Just a quick note. It was a LONG FATTENING weekend of camping in the rain. I've decided not to weigh at all for a couple weeks to get all the sodium and such out of my system and allow myself to have a couple of weeks OP before I see what damage has really been done.

And I've missed too many posts to do more than skim them. I want to thank you all for the hugs and kind words about my friend's dd. It's very kind of you. Many of you have had more trials than I lately I see, so a VERY big to all of you!

I'll bbl.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:03 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Good morning everyone! I slept through my appointment with my advisor today I was so worn out. Ugh. So, I have to go tomorrow to schedule my class. Loads to do today, and have to go and apply for a job where my aunt works...she should hopefully be able to get me in. Also have to go down to the DMV, and get my license renewed, since my b-day is on Saturday. I hate getting my picture taken by them. Haven't had to since I was 16. Yuck. I'll be back later!!! Hope you all have a great day!
Old 05-29-2007, 11:43 AM   #51  
weight watching

Good morning all! I've fiinally dug out after my hard disk crash two weeks ago today. Everything reinstalled, etc. I lost all my data (I'd made a backup, but it failed: the perfect storm, computerwise).

I hadn't been on any "plan" the past two weeks -- it was also end of the year at school, with lots of luncheons and odd schedules and the stress of papers-grading-parent conferences. BUT I've lost 3 pounds in the past two weeks. This makes no sense, because there have been weeks when I was "perfect" and lost nothing. There's a theory that sometimes, especially for older people or on-again-off-again dieters like me, it takes the body a few weeks to figure out that you're really serious about it this time, and then it starts to release weight. I hope that's true!

I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:05 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Wow, it's been so QUIET in here today! You must all be out enjoying the gorgeous weather! It's 94 here today, so we've been inside mostly, and going out only when there's shade! lol. Nursing the sunburns we got yesterday at my Mom's Memorial Day cookout!

I'm going to go and clean the apartment a bit, and then dinner, and the gym. I'll be back a bit later.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:36 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Kymberly: Excellent NSV about the Gap dress off the rack. That is so great.

Catherine: I hope you get to go swim really soon. Doggone guys anyhow! Hope you are okay and doing better today.

Xena: It's okay. Just start fresh and things will go well. I have started over soooo many times and thank God, we all can. Hugs.

Lilion: Same to you as to Xena: At least you had fun while you were camping in the rain.

Kayley: You are such a doll. You are very photogenic so just smile pretty when you get your license picture taken. I love all your freckles. Hugs.

Bloomer: Weight is so fickle. Congrats anyhow on loosing 3 pounds!

Where is everyone? The boards are sooo quite. Hope everyone is doing well and having op days. I am soooo excited. After swimming today I had to stop by the WLS center and get my Optifast peanut butter bars because there is no class this week for me. I asked if I could use the scale and weigh myself so I got on and I have lost another 8.5 pounds. I am soooo excited because I have met a weight loss goal that I set for myself of loosing 10% of my body weight. I have never met a goal in my life. Also, I am excited because this is the first time I have weighed under 460 in years! Yea Annie! lol.

Blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 05-29-2007, 06:31 PM   #54  
742,000 calories burned

Well, I found out today that I can't go on my husband's health care for 3 years. That's the length of time that a sponsor has to pay for every little thing that I might need so that I don't have to go on public assistance. I'm not sure why being on insurance would be considered like being on welfare, but I don't make the rules. So I've got to find a different way of applying for a pass to use the pool. That was a bummer. On a positive note, I got my first assignment today. I'm to write existential questions based on Karl Rahner's "Theology of the Symbol." I'll have to look up in the dictionary what existential means first. So I'd better get to work.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:35 PM   #55  

Height: 5'6"

Hi chickies!

Just checking in. I have been slacking in the exercise dept. lately. Today I renewed my dedication to it. I could not do my 20 mins on the stationary bike due to my slacking, but I managed 15 mins this AM and after work I went for a 35 min. walk around the reservoir. I felt re-energized. I have stayed OP today...after a weekend of eating good food, but too much of it. I am not craving the sugary stuff I used to, but am craving what I am eating now....but more. Weird, but good I think.

Annie: I am so thrilled for you!! 8.5 lbs!!! That is just FABULOUS!!!!!!!! Keep up the great work!

Must dash for now....hope everyone is well!
Old 05-29-2007, 07:51 PM   #56  

Brandnewme, I'm that you had to go to emergency. I hope you're feeling better now.

Brenda, for giving me the meanings of the abbreviations.

Xena, that the GMAT had you reaching for food. I hope you haven't gained too much.

Lilion, you had rain for your camping weekend. in lessening the damage on the scale in the next couple of weeks.

kayley, in getting a job where your aunt works.

Bloomer, about your hard disk crash. I've been through that before myself, so I know what a royal pain it is. on losing 3 lbs.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:08 PM   #57  

Catherine, Oh gosh, I wouldn't have the guts to try and shower at the hospital. With my luck, I'd get caught and arrested. I wouldn't be able to go to a city pool either. I wouldn't dare let anyone see this body naked. on your NSV. I hope your turn comes up soon. That sucks that you can't go on your husband's insurance for 3 years. on finding another way to get a pass for swimming. on your assignment. BTW, I don't know what 'existential' means either.

I noticed that you have lost over 200 lbs. Care to share how you did it, diet plan, exercise yes/no/what kind, how long it took, etc. etc. etc.? I want deets girl. I need all the help I can get. You're such an inspiration.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:22 PM   #58  
742,000 calories burned

catlover-I'm not much of an inspiration. It took me 4 1/2 years to lose 250 lbs., and about 6 months to put back on 50 of it. I've been stuck now for about 6 months waffling on the same 10-20 pounds. I originally lost it by weighing and measuring everything, and writing it down. Slowly adding one good habit or losing one bad one at a time. Exercise was crucial. Water aerobics did me the most good after just learning to walk again after being in a wheelchair for 8 years. Now I am OP about 1 day out of 3. I was doing sit ups, until I hurt my shoulders and elbows. I tried the stationary bike, and the pedals set off a nasty case of plantar fascitis. I was walking more, but my feet just hurt too much. I can't do water aerobics because we can't afford the fees here, and I can't go on my husband's insurance that would pay for it for 3 years. I feel stuck. I feel like I am treading water and barely keeping from drowning. I was actually very close to just giving up today.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:26 PM   #59  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Catherine, I am so sorry that you are feeling overwhelmed and discouraged (it sounds like you have many reasons to be). Is there any way you can find someone who owns a pool to let you use it and do the exercises that way?

Is there any way you can apply for aid from the government (disability) and get some things covered?

You are such a wonderful person and in the short time I have been here, you have supported me and been an inspiration to me personally PLEASE don't give up!
Old 05-29-2007, 09:42 PM   #60  
Because I deserve it!

Annie - on making it to your 10% goal!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!!!
Closed Thread