Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 11:03 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 310/289/170

Height: 5'9"

Catherine- I know what you mean. Not only have I been learning to make food that used to be full of fat, well, not so fat, but I have also had to learn to enjoy simple foods. I love to eat, and well, I love to cook. Now if I was a terrible cook I might not be in the predicament I am today!!!! Ha Ha Ha! It has really taken a lot to like just plain ol' food. I am getting there. Funny enough apples have become one of my favorite foods. I suppose it used to be pie, oh how I did love to make, bake and eat pie. I guess things have changed in the right direction.

Happy Easter Everyone!!!!!

I hope you all have a great weekend, don't eat too many chocolate eggs! I will be decorating boiled eggs like crazy tonight. The girls love to do it. They all still pretty much believe in the Easter Bunny. I am lucky, my girls want to believe in that stuff, so we have fun keeping all the goodies out of sight! Then it's a huge surprise for them on Easter. We always have fun. Even in the rain, which is what we get here this year. I guess it is better than egg hunting in the snow! Off to walk with a buddy. Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 04-07-2007, 12:35 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Just want to stop in and say and to all the new people!
This is a great place to come to be inspired or just to vent if you need to!

I am back from vacation and back OP. It is weird that when you are not in your own environement, it is SOOOOOO hard to stay on track. I am really trying to keep my head together, but we are still home until Wedsnesday, and my kids just wont stay out of the kitchen!!! Which of course means everytime they are eating something I want something too. Power of suggestion,I guess. Or maybe even Pavlov's dog?? I must get to the supermarket to get some healthy stuff.

I do have a challenge tomorrow...my SIL decided that we should go to a fancy Easter Buffet at one of the catering halls here...besides being expensive as heck, it is going to be 2 hrs of pure eating. I am on WW, so I am saving all my extra points for it. I just hope I can be strong not to go nuts, but at this point even if I do, Monday is another day.

Well laundry calls...
Have a great OP day!
Donna
Old 04-07-2007, 01:45 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

VALERIE!!!! YAY!! I'm so pleased that you are ok. I'm SO jealous of you riding a lot, how's Gabriel doing? Have you got a canter out of your other horse yet? lolxxxxxx
I've FINALLY got into some jeans I wore 6 years ago, or so & they were skin-tight & only fit for a couple of weeks before they were too tight! They fit fine now!!!! Also I'm the lightest I've been for ***TEN YEARS!!!!***Another 10lbs or so & I'll be lighter than when I met Steve!!!
It's really made me realise how good this plan is & to stick to it PROPERLY!!
Have a great EASTER week-endxxx
xxxsharon
Old 04-07-2007, 03:07 PM   #79  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Sharon - on being your lightest weight in 10 years. As for the scale not moving the way you thought it would, you also mentioned you were constipated. That can make a big difference. Sorry if that is TMI. I bet if you are patient you will find you have lost weight after your body rights itself. Thanks for asking about my studies. My calculus class is going really well. It helps I have a crush on my teacher. It makes attending class a treat! Anyway, I have been doing really well on my tests and have another one coming up this Tuesday.

MetaChick - I don't think I have "met" you since I've been posting so sporadically but I wanted to thank you for your last post. I agree with much of what you said in it about intuitive eating and having compassion for yourself. I recommitted to weightloss on 12/26/06 and I just knew I was going to be perfect from then on. Guess what? I wasn't! But what I am finding is that I am immensley more patient and kind to myself when I stray. Occasionally I will feel those old mean self-deprecating thoughts come to my mind but I quickly banish them telling myself, "It's OK not to be perfect." Weight is coming off more slowly that it has in the past when I've been able to force myself to be a perfect WW'er but that is OK because I am learning to be nice to myself this time.

Catherine - I used to love to watch Kathleen Dahlman on Food Network! Have they taken her show off the air? I haven't noticed it being on in quite some time.

Zelma - Happy Birthday and congratulations on meeting your 45th birthday goal! You continue to be a major inspiration on this board. Losing it is one thing and it's hard enough, but maintaining your loss is an whole other echelon of success! Good for you.

Last edited by Xena2005; 04-07-2007 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:29 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Well, I haven't updated myself in a while because our term started 2 weeks ago, and I've been pedal to the metal the whole time.

I've been holding steady with weight and might even have a loss for Monday (well, we'll see how the weekend works out), but I'm having some knee problems!

Back at my high weight, my right knee used to hurt all the time when I went up and down stairs. It seemed to be better for a while, but starting twinging a couple of months ago. Then, I had to change up my routine at the gym, as it hurt to do leg presses and the full motion of squats. My trainer started talking about orthopedics... Now it's started to just ache more and more, and still twinge when I do something it doesn't like. So, I've decided it's time to toddle off and get xrays and see what's up.

I'm not liking this aging process much, but I just keep thinking how much worse it might be if I hadn't lost a lot of weight...
Old 04-07-2007, 09:21 PM   #81  
Believe

Height: 5"7

hi ladies
Just wanted to wish everyone a great weekend and a Happy Easter! Congratulations to all the losers I am doing fine, just working alot this week, but next week i will have some time off. i need to weigh myself for the week. some of us who did the "biggest loser" contest at work have decided to continue on with a contest(of sorts) on our own. i think knowing that every week i HAVE to weigh in really made me xtra committed. i am very close to being under 200lbs, i hope it happens soon
Have a great night and Happy Easter!
Old 04-08-2007, 12:06 AM   #82  
Lisa

S/C/G: 287/See Tracker/180

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone!

I had a mixed day today. I woke up with a crushing headache this morning and was down for the count for most of the day. I had made plans to go out with a friend tonight, so I made myself go do it. I felt better once I got out. We went to dinner at a Cajun restaurant. She got regular food and I had my packaged soup and a plate of lettuce with vinegar on it. It was the best lettuce I think I have ever tasted. Anyway, I was really good and wasn't particularly bothered by what my friend was eating, so I guess that's progress.

Tomorrow, I'm going to my aunt's for Easter dinner. I am going to get a chicken and lettuce salad (which I am allowed to have once a week, but haven't done so yet) and I'll eat that while everyone else pigs out on fattening food. My brother and his little girls will be in town too (today is his 39th birthday) so we'll be celebrating Easter and his birthday. I made the girls big Easter baskets with tons of candy and chocolate in them. If anyone had seen me shopping and seen what was in my basket (all candy!!!) they would have certainly thought I fell off the wagon. Nevertheless, I didn't have one bite, so I was a good girl.

Hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you later and Happy Easter!

Lisa
Old 04-08-2007, 06:57 AM   #83  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Having a lovely easter time, and very proud that I have just been to the gym!! Felt that I deserved a gold star for doing that on Easter Sunday. Its our anniversary next week! Very exciting, and the first time where I will have not gained weight in a year for a long time. LAst night hubby and I ate half an egg each which was so yummy, but I am not going to eat any today not because of any rules other than I just would rather eat proper food! Am doing a turkey dinner for 7 of us should be yum!!

Congrats to Sharon and Lisa for keeping on track without food, I have always thought that is a sensible way to do things in a way, instead of trying to be measured jus take food out of the equation for a while, I might give it a go in the future as it comes off me at a snails pace, regardless of exercise etc....

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter

x
Old 04-08-2007, 07:00 AM   #84  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Hey girls ---

Sorry that I've not checked in yet this month, I've had a few issues.

I had one day that my knee kinda blew out. I just about could not walk. the day before it my muscels under my left arm were killing me. (My knee was on the same side too!)

Then the day after the knee pain, I woke up and couldn't more in the bed. I had a pinched nerve in my back. I had to wait three days to see if it was just some real tightness in my back and finally went on to the dr.

I'm a little behind on my minutes. At 30/350 because of all that crap, but I am going to have to work my butt of even more!

I jumped on the bandwagon with blogspot too, www.greennym.blogspot.com. so check me out if you want to.

I've missed you girls! Where is Ammi?
Old 04-08-2007, 10:10 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Good Morning Ladies!

Sharon: WOW! You are doing amazing ...I have about 100 lbs before I can say I was thinner than when I had my first child almost 18 years ago!(May10) Add another 20lbs and then I was thinner than when I met Doug. You have given me something to think about.

Kymberly: I am also doing my program at work, and I feel that there is a little extra pressure to "do well", but I also think that fear is a great motivator! I know it makes me work harder...must be a competitive thing.

Heather: Sorry to hear about your knee. I think a Dr.'s visit is the smart thing to do!

Emily: You are an exercising machine!!

Lisa: I am so proud of you and your willpower! You are doing awesome!

I have a big fancy shmancy buffet to go to this afternoon, thanks to my SIL.
I hope I can keep my focus, but at $51.00 a person, I feel I am wasting the money if I don't eat!

I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 04-08-2007, 11:36 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Donna, lol, I've about 60lbs to get to the weight I ws before having my eldest child, he's 20!!!!The other two are from my second marriage, lol. I wasn't SLIM or NORMAL sized then either, so don't worry, it will be a good while before I'm in 12/14s, if ever.xxxx
Emilymay, WOWEEE on going to the gym, I've been gardening instead of doing formal exercise but once the boys are back in school/nursery I will get my dvds out & try some new exercises.xxxxx
Erica, sorry you've been in pain, I hope it gets right soonxxxxx
Heather sorry you've been in pain too, though just think how bad it would be if you hadn't LOST 100lbs!!!! I hope it's nothing serious & get better soon.xxxxx
Ohhh Xena, tell me more, lol. What does he look like? If it helps you get god/fab marks it has to be good!xxxxxx
Lisa, VINEGAR???!!!!! on lettuce??? ick! Though I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!! I had a small steak burger today when we had a bbq, it was prime steak, onion & sundried tomatoes, mmmm.... NO BREAD THOUGH, lol! I felt pretty good, running after everyone, getting everything sorted I didn't have time to think I was missing out. I hope the trip goes well, food & enjoyment-wise.xxxx
Well, I'm off to put the last bits away & fetch my washing in from the line, I hope you ALL have a FAB EASTER & don't eat too many eggs!
xxxxsharon
ps ANOTHER NSV, my sister came to the bbq & noticed I'd lost weight, she saids 'I can REALLY tell you're losing weight!' Wooohooo!! makes it all worthwhile!! Even foregoing booze!
Old 04-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #87  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Good morning everyone. I hope you are all having a lovely Easter morning. I don't really have any plans today as most of my family lives far away. That's OK, I need to study for the calculus test I have on Tuesday. Not much exciting for me to report....wish there was.

Heather - Hope there's nothing too serious wrong with your knee. Keep us posted what you find out. I've got tricky knees myself. It all actually started back when I was skinny (160ish) and was doing step aerobics on a daily basis. But now with all this weight I can hear them make crunchy noises when I walk up stairs. Lunges and squats are out of the question. Anyway, I hope the doc has an easy fix for your sore knees.

futurediva - I don't think I'd ever noticed your ticker before and that you have lost over 100 pounds. That is such an accomplishment!!! Way to go. I am always so encouraged when I see folks with large losses. Makes me think that it is possible!

Lisa - Now that is what I all willpower being able to go out to a restaurant and not be tempted. I know I would have caved in for sure! Way to go! (just had to use the dancing broccoli...never noticed that one before!)

LookingforHope - Ouchie, a pinched nerve doesn't sound like much fun. How did it happen? Hope you feel better soon.

MamaB - Good luck at that buffet. I don't envy you the temptation!

Sharon - That must have been a great boost that your sister noticed you are getting thinner. Yay! As for my teacher, he's a bit off the wall and at first really annoyed me. But after a few classes he started growing on me. He's just so funny and I think that is what has caused the attraction. He's OK-looking. He's got dark hair and eyes which I love. He's Middle Eastern (I think he's Iranian based on things he says but am not totally sure). Anyway, he actually has a small pot belly and a bald spot on the back of his head so I don't think it's his looks that are doing it for me. It's his humor. He really makes us all laugh in class and that just does it for me I guess. Love is blind and all that.

Well, I am off to study. Everyone stay out of the chocolate eggs!
Old 04-08-2007, 01:18 PM   #88  

Heather i feel for you i know about the knee problems thats for sure. mine will be great for awhile then go back to hurting.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:32 PM   #89  

Height: 5'6"

Happy Easter Chickies.

I have been MIA for the last few days. Just trying to get ready for going out of town for the next week. I leave early tommorrow AM.

I did WI this AM and I am down 3 lbs. I took hubby out to lunch today since I am "abandoning" him for my annual girls trip. We went to Applebee's and I had a delicious meal from their weight watchers menu and was quite full. Good practice for this week too!!

Stay well everyone. I will check in when I get home next Sunday.

Last edited by Torister; 04-09-2007 at 05:07 AM.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:14 PM   #90  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hi there
I'm having a crappy day with eating today. I only had sf chocolate but lots of it. I had decent meals but I just cant seem to get away from the chocolate. I want to toss it but the cheapo in my wont.

I am starting back on my cleanse tomorrow. Only the stuff I am allowed. I need to detox again. Anyhow, it stormed like a bugger all night last night and today. Will update more tomorrow. Right now all I want to do is put on my jammies and relax. I have the whole house cleaned and cooked turkey dinner for steve's mom and dad. Anyhow, talk to you tomorrow.

Brenda
Closed Thread