Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 08:29 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Annie -- WTG!! Sounds like you won a lot more than money can buy you!!

I had a great spa experience yesterday and had my very first manicure and pedicure!! They put you in this ultra comfy reclining chair and it's 1 hour 45 min. So worth it!!!!! I was going to say I can't believe I never did it before, but I know that part of the reason why was because of my weight! Though I have to say, this place (and esp this treatment) would be great for many sized people!!!!!

And now my nails are all pretty and polished too!
Old 03-20-2007, 09:14 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Wyllenn glad you liked the spa treatment you had! I have never been but I know that people have told me it is worth the trip.

After going to the Dr's on Saturday I was feeling ok. I have lost a few more lbs..imagine if I tried. LOL. She basically told me I need to get the weight off! Like Duh! My blood pressure is up but not to the critical point yet. Just walking from the waiting room to the back office raised it. Also when I walk my hands swell. It is a mess I tell you. So besides exercising and trying to eat better, I am suppose to set a small weight loss goal.

So that is what I am going to do. I think I am going to start with 10lbs. This is doable I think. This is sad but my scale does not go above what I need so I need to go today after work and buy one that does so it is acurrate.

Thanks for listening to me babble.

Current weight 338 / mini goal loose 10lbs
Old 03-20-2007, 09:51 AM   #33  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

morning everyone!
Things are going ok here. I too took the morning off work. I was supposed to work at the store from 10-2 and didnt go in. I felt awful this morning and couldnt get out of bed. Working both jobs can take a toll on a healthy person, let alone one who is overweight.

So I got up, had breakfast, showered and have a little time to kill before I have to cook something for supper etc and then get ready for work.

Eating has been ok but I havent been eating as much as I am supposed to be. My water intake is down too. That is something I need to concentrate on today. I like to get about 4.5litres a day. Some days this week it has been more like 2-3. I want 3 gone by the time I head into work today. Time to get drinking... i have 2.5 to go

Ammi~ I was just watching tv and I hear that Elliott (from last season AIdol) has a CD released today. I remembered that you liked him. You might want to check it out.

Time to go empty the dishwasher before Rachael Ray comes on... Enjoy!
Brenda
Old 03-20-2007, 11:05 AM   #34  
aka Karen

S/C/G: 299/293.5/175

Annie, way to go on the "win"!! Your enthusiasm is shining through your post! GREAT JOB!!

Brenda, it's good to take some "ME" time once in a while. I worked two jobs for a while and it just got to be too much. Speaking of American Idol, I just saw an interview with Elliot Yamin and he looks so different! He is so adorable, not that he wasn't before, but he let his hair gow out and he had some work done on his smile. Very cute! Great talent, too.

Ammi, super cute pic's of your family. You are glowing! (even in your pj's!)

Wyllen, Sounds like "the girls day out" was a wonderful one! Nothing like a spa treatment to renew the spirit! I've only been twice, but I remember them with fondness. Hope hubby's foot is not too serious...

Catherine, I must have missed the immigration posts? I can't even imagine what that must be like!! Talk about high stress. And the Inlaws thing? Sounds serious? Hope hubby is feeling better soon and hugs to you

azcyn, Great job on the loss! Just take one day or one hour at a time and you'll reach that 10lb loss in no time!

Cheek, you sound like you have the right attitude to go about this journey. It's frieghtening to think of not handling emotions or stress without the comfort of food. It's really hard to change the habit, too. Just try to identify the why and the when and maybe you can focus on something else to get yourself through it? That's what I am trying.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:15 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Hi All,

What a day it's been today, first we went to work out at the gym, only to have to stop twice mid work out because the fire alarms kept going off, then we went to the docs and had to hang around ages waiting to be seen because although I was told that I had an appt the receptionist said they could find no record of it! Then I got home and my Aunty, the one helping organise things for mum's funeral etc had emailed me. She had planned on having a memorial service for mum later this year and to have her ashes buried with her brothers. I was quite alright with that because she loved her brother and Australia. But now my aunty says she thinks it best that she send mum's ashes over here. On the one hand I think yes it's a good idea because the majority of mum's family, and definitely 3 out of 4 of her kids are over here, but on the other hand no amount of nagging on my behalf would get mum to move back here. So would she be happy knowing she's ended up back here after all? HELP I guess I'll have to ring my sister and see what she thinks about it all. Anyway, enough about my problems....

Chimi - thanks for such a lovely welcome back. How are you doing with giving up cheese for Lent? Daren has given up chocolate and he's really struggling. He's got a list as long as your arm of all the chocolate he wants once Lent is over!!

Xena - so lovely to hear from you, that's a shame about work really monitoring internet use now. Puts a real dampener on things doesn't it!

Sorry you saw a bit of a gain at your last WI, at least you were expecting it as you hadn't been 100% OP and it was only 2 lbs, so that's not too bad. You'll lose that again quickly enough I am sure.

Thank you for your condolonces about my mum. I was just dealing with it all and now the worry about making the right decision about her ashes has me all in turmoil again.

Luan - thanks for keeping me in your prayers, much appreciated. How's life treating you these days? Sounds like you're loving your job! How are things at home, are you still living with your grandmother?

Catherine - wow it is taking forever for your immigration to get sorted out isn't it! Not helped at all by them losing your finger prints, that's terrible isn't it, especially as you had to pay for another lot!! I am glad that MIL is staying out of things, if she's too be believed that is, and I certainly don't blame you for not wanting anything more to do with the woman. I know she is your hubby's mother, but surely he doesn't want much contact with her either after the way she has been all this time??? Anyway good luck for April when your case gets looked at again.

Annie - I am so glad that you are feeling proud of yourself for sticking to your guns and winning thar race. I am proud of you too!! You have done so brilliantly with all of your exercise and winning that race is like the icing on the cake. Well done!!

Heather - that's wonderful that you had such a great day at the spa and that you thoroughly enjoyed your pedicure and manicure. I've never had a pedicure, but have had a manicure. I enjoyed it, especially when I had to put my fingers in warm wax, mmm, nice!!

Cyn - that's great news that you lost some weight, and without much effort by the sounds of it, well done. I think a goal of 10 lbs is very doable and I wish you every success getting there. Then you can set another 10 lb goal and before you know it all those 10s will have added up and you'll be much slimmer and healthier.

Brenda - sorry that you didn't feel well enough to go into work, was it exhaustion or were you ill as well? I hope having some time off will help you to feel better.

OOOOH great news about Elliot having a CD out. I often go on his MySpace page, made by a fan I assume, and they have video snippets of him singing. I love that man's voice. His CD is definitely going on my list of must haves. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Karen - thanks for the compliments on my photos, I was amazed at how happy I felt considering I am still missing my mum. It's amazing how having a wonderful husband and kids can help at a time like this.

Ooooh so Elliot is looking different now, I hope I see his new look so I can decide if I liked the old Elliot or the new one better. I know that no matter what he looks like I love his voice!

OK well I think I am going to go ring my sister now, I need to find out what she thinks about the latest news.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 03-20-2007, 11:24 AM   #36  
trying again!

ammi~ more lazy than anything. I have been working 10-2 at one job and 330-1130 at night at the other. 3-4 days per week and trying to cook healthy meals and work out all at the same time. I pulled a muscle in my butt on sunday night at aerobics so its uncomfortable to stand for long periods of time but that is just an excuse bugger is that I didnt even sleep in! Oh well, there is always tomorrow...

Brenda
Old 03-20-2007, 12:07 PM   #37  

Good morning everyone i hope you all are doing well. i had a great time with my sister as usual! .Ammi i am sure your mom would be happy with what ever you decide to do. hugs to you. HImAnnie hope you are doing well today!
Old 03-20-2007, 12:09 PM   #38  
aka Karen

Ammi, I wasn't going to post anymore today, but when I saw your last post in email, I thought maybe I should. About your Mum's ashes. I will tell you my story and you can do with it whatever you want. My dad died in 1987, at that time there were 2 plots purchased, one for him, obviously and one for my Mom. They were next to each other. My Mom and I picked out the headstone and had both my Mom's name and Dad's name on it. The headstone reads..."Together Forever" in two entwined hearts. I think you get the picture. My family is small, just my brother and I, and of course our kids and grandkids. (kids and grandkids do not apply here) My brother is older and my relationship with my Mom was very close. His, not so much. Her last year of life was filled with much suffering with painful illness and disease. It was difficult for both of us. During these trying times, she named him as her advocate and choose not to be kept on any kind of life support should the time come for that. I wanted whatever she wanted. It was hard for him to come to terms with that thought, I think becasue he just wasn't as close to her as I was. I always wanted the best for her. During this time, he kept telling me that Mom wanted to be cremated and I told him that I didn't think so, why would she have purchased the plot and headstone with their names on it? I know he was thinking financially, it would be cheaper to have the cremation instead of the burial. I even told him that she had taken out a small life insurance policy just for her burial expenses and named me only as the beneficiary of this particular policy. I think she had a feeling, deep down, that he may try something and she knew I would do the right thing. He told me while she was sick al this time he had convinced her to be cremated, because of the expense of a burial. Anyway, sorry this going on forever. Mom died while I was at work. He caims he tried to contact me, but he couldn't get through? I found out on my way to the hospital where she had been getting treatment, over the cell phone that she had passed. By the time I got to my brothers house, he had already been to the funeral home and made arrangements for a cremation, without ever consulting me or asking my opinion. That was in 2003 and it still bothers me to this day and probably always will. I want the ashes buried next to my Dad, and my Brother is not liking that idea, either. I still have a hard time looking at that urn when I go to his house. He tells me I can take it home with me whenever I want to, I have yet to do so.

I just want to tell you, do what you think your Mum wants. I know it's hard to put your feelings on the back burner, but it really comes down to her wishes and no one elses. I think when you get everyone's opinion, the decision will be clear. Peace to you and your family.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:12 PM   #39  
aka Karen

Where is Lisa??
Old 03-20-2007, 12:18 PM   #40  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

The primate I live with felt the need to pass his cold to me, so I am typing on his laptop in case I need to throw up, it will be on his computer, not mine.

Wyllenn-Iíve never wanted to have a spa day. I have never been comfortable with people touching me. My mom had a beauty shop on our back porch (just like Truvyís in Steel Magnolias), and I learned to do manicures while other kids were still finger painting. Iím kind of particular, and am convinced that no one can do my nails as good as I can. I wear my nails very short anyway, and it always seemed not worth the time. When I get smaller, I may start to feel differently. Iím looking forward to finding out.

Cyn-Donít get me started on scales. I had to start out with 3 regular scales tied together with a plywood plank. Not real accurate, but ballpark, and at least it accurately showed the amount up or down. When I got to where I could use a good scale, I found out I was 40 pound heavier than I thought I was, and kicked the scale and broke my toe. I retaliated by taking the old scales to the parking lot, and running them over repeatedly with my van. The crunching sound they made still brings a smile to my face. And donít get me started on doctors. They always used to tell me that if I lost weight, my back would feel better. Like that took a rocket scientist to figure out. Of course when I lost weight, and my back did feel better, I wanted to choke the ďI told you soĒ right out of him.

Brenda-I am so lucky that I am basically able to do this weight loss stuff as my full time job. I donít know how you gals that work and are surrounded by temptations at the office can handle it. I can insulate myself at home with only the food that I know is okay. If you are going to pull a butt muscle, it should at least have been done doing something much more fun or wicked even.

Karen-You probably missed my immigration posts because I originally filed for permanent residency in January 2006. People from places like Pakistan or China get approved in 3 months. Iím from the US, so it takes longer. I had a choice of staying in the states and taking about 6 months, or staying in Canada during the process and having it take a year or two. Since Iíd never been arrested, and never belonged to a terrorist group worse than the Camp Fire Girls (you know all that fire making), I thought that my file would go faster. It should have, but when immigration canít hang on to your paperwork. What other government agency would be allowed to wait 4 months before even opening your application (although they cashed the $1000 real quick), 9 months before starting work on it and contacting you, and then pretty much finishing your file when ever they get around to it. Iím not even allowed to talk to the officer handling my case. They are here in Alberta in a town right outside of Edmonton. I can only call the call center which is in Montreal on the other side of the country, and they can only tell me what my officer has actually posted on the computer screen. They havenít updated that since last September. Iím a retired attorney whose native language is English, and I found the forms complicated. I canít imagine going through this process and not even being able to speak the language. Catholic Social Services does immigration work, and as soon as I finish this process, Iím going to start volunteering over there to help other women caught in this spiderís web on inane bureaucracy. There are people here charging new immigrants $5000 to fill out the forms, and most of the time, they do it incorrectly. I have heard such horror stories. Throw in the fact that my MIL has threatened more than once to try to get me deported, and it has not been the nicest experience of my life. My husband has been worth the trouble, thankfully.

Ammi-The hubby actually call blocked his momís phone number, so when she wants to call now, she has to go to a pay phone. That didnít happen much with winter snow everywhere, but now that it is starting to warm up, she may call more often. He wouldnít talk to her at all except that he does business with his father, and needs to be able to talk to him on a regular basis. He actually phones him at a certain time of day at the public library or the senior center. I know she has a mental illness, but her illness has nothing to do with her underlying meanness. She is like nuclear waste. I canít imagine living my life where my main occupation is causing trouble or screaming at people. The life he must have led growing up with that thing. They went on vacation once when he was very little, and they shipped her back in an honest to God straight jacket on the plane. Everyone wants to see their mom like that. She actually called the hotel on our wedding night at midnight, and bullied the switch board into putting her call through.

As for your momís burial, since she didnít leave any wishes behind, assume that it wasnít that important to her where she was to be buried. My dad was raised by a grandmother who was from Ireland, and she always talked about wanting to be buried there. When she was on her last illness, she said never mind. She had made America her home, and didnít care where she was laid. As long as it is somewhere so that someone can pay your mom respect as certain times of the year, and it sounds like she would have family at either place. After the mess we went through when my dad died, there was so much fighting about money and things, I was the one who ended up having to make all the burial decisions. I was still in school, and had to pick out his casket and suit, etc. All of my wishes are written down, even my obituary is written with where I want it published. It sounds ghoulish, but the greatest gift you can give to your family, especially your kids, is to make these decisions so they donít have to. I hope that whatever your family decides, that it will bring you some measure of peace.

Annie-I think you should spend the $20 on something terribly naughty.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:36 PM   #41  

Hi everyone!

I am sooooo busy at work today, but came on quick to read a bit. Congratulations on all the losses on the scales, the NSV's, and for staying OP. I am keeping those struggling in my prayers. I think it helps.

Catherine, I love your posts!! You tell it like it is and I love that.

Anyway, thats it from me. I am staying OP, altho it is not easy some days!! <sigh>. Being at work keeps me on a schedule and that helps. I am going away with some girlfriends for a week in April and I am a bit nervous about how I will manage to be healthy having to eat out, etc. since we are staying at a hotel. Oh well...I will not worry about that today. Not too much anyhow!!

to you all!!! Have a great day chickies!!
Old 03-20-2007, 12:41 PM   #42  
trying again!

Catherine~ I never thought of it. Maybe that is what happened after all... nah, didnt feel the pain till I got out of the pool... I can resist the food at work. My co-workers are great, they don't even let me know. We have two ends of the office. One is where I sit and the other is where they put the food. Working evenings in an office and someone brings yummies almost every night. Rarely I even know about them now. They all know that I am dieting and can see how far I have come. It is like when I quit smoking... they wont allow me to cheat *L* I dislike my job but love my co-workers...

Brenda
Old 03-20-2007, 12:52 PM   #43  

Hi Everyone!

Just popped in for a quick read.

As I moaned about a week or so back, the scale is still on a stand still, but I guess it is a good thing it didn't go up 'cause hubby took me out for my birthday and we spent the weekend at the casino gambling, eating buffet foods, drinking and being lazy! What fun!!!!

So it's a new week, onward and downward! And I have to tell you my new addiction is ruby red grapefruits! They take forever to eat, they are filling and they are yummy!

Hang in there everyone!

Jane
Old 03-20-2007, 12:56 PM   #44  

Hello everyone! Just a quick post. I should be working. Like that's anything new.

I was pretty OP yesterday and today I managed to oversleep and still squeeze in 10 minutes on the horrible elliptical. Not even enough to work up a good sweat, but between the dogs making me nuts, lack of sleep, running late and the fact that the batteries in the thing had died and I couldn't read the display, I thought that 10 minutes was pretty good. I even ate healthy so far today. Wonders never cease.

Ammi, I think that it's a really good idea to consult all of your siblings (unless you have one that's just a pill and you don't think should have a say) and then do what the majority thinks, paying attention to what your mom would have wanted. In the end, it really isn't that important where a person is laid to rest, although it is a comfort to have a "place" to go. My own parents graves I used to visit regularly, for no reason. Then when I married it dwindled down to twice a year, Christmas time and Mother's day or Memorial day. Now that I live farther away I'm somewhat ashamed that it's more like once a year now, or maybe somewhat less. But it really isn't that important, I miss them and remember them no matter where I or they are.

Breathless. My own brother and I are not that close. I can really see him doing exactly like your brother did. It would really bother me too. Unless you think he'd never forgive you, I'd be strongly tempted to take him up on that offer, take the urn and bury it like she wanted! What's he going to do about it once it's done?

Ahh family. You can choose your friends, but not your relatives. Seems odd how you don't get a say in choosing what people end up with the most influence on your life.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:29 PM   #45  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Hiya there everyone, just a quickie - Ammi welcome back and wow your amazing weight loss continues well done on the loss and its so great to have u back xx

I am so so tired from my long shifts this week. Got on scales which say no loss but I don't beleive them! I feel much slimmer especially in my uniform which used to feel sprayed on. So 'whatever' to the scales!

Got to do another 12.5 hour tomorrow in this really busy medical admissions unit. Wish me luck, I have a big blister from Mondays shift.....

well done on all who have lost and be back soon x x x x x
Closed Thread