Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 01:50 PM   #151  
Shadiepurple

Greetings chickie poos! Checking in to say "Heya sisters". I hope the weekend was kind to every one .

I did fine. I did go buy my copy of YOU on a diet. Love that Dr.Oz. I also priced checked on some tred mills. WOW the used ones were $300 so I'm still shopping. I came home and ordered myself some new clothes. Boy I needed those new undies ! I feel more like getting dressed and leaving the house these days. So I bought some new things for every day. I even ordered a new PURPLE purse. I can't wait for it to get here.

JILLY BEAN: congrats on the new neice. Careful with that spoiling stuff . Those kisses are infectius you know. Just like potatoe chips with out the fat. One is NEVER enough. But the sweetness may cause you some high blood surgars. Or at least make you light headed . ENJOY!!

COME ON YOU TWO. I want to celebrate those ol' 100 lbs poofing in to space . Lots of loves and best wishes . GIT ER DONE LADIES.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:01 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Ammi: Thanks. I hope you are right that I am out of the 5's next week forever and ever! Good luck on your wi tomorrow. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Xena: I hope you have so much fun at the concert. You deserve a treat! I loved my new jammies. Thanks.

Catherine: Congrats to your hubby on such a wonderful award. That is awesome. He sounds like such a sweetie. I wish I could hear you sing! Give those ladies a shake up girl.

Shadie: Hugs. I think when you weigh you will be so pleasantly surprised. Congrats on the new chonies (underware) lol. Nothing like new under garments to help us feel pretty! Hope you find the exercise equiptment soon. Check the 2nd hand stores too.

Sue: Thank you for letting us know how Annie is doing. God truly is a wonder! I will continue to pray for her and her family.

Kymberly: Hiya

Patti: Sounds like you are going to be having fun, fun, fun! I want to try the boxing one. What a great hubby you have.

Michelle: Good luck on your move sweetie. Hopefully when you are settled we can meet up!

I will be back later this evening to post my exercise for the week. Our own miss Wyllen should be back soon. I'm missing her and Lilion too. Well, Take care and have op days.
Blessings all,
Annie
Old 01-28-2007, 04:53 PM   #153  
Just Do It!

Talking thanks so much!!

HEY i'm back- internet issues GRR!!!!

Thank you so much for your warm welcomes and advice AmmiUK, dogpal and lillion. You all mentioned similar ideas of setting small goals for yourself which is a fantastic idea!! (bathsalts) I have been setting micro goals for myself like "do an extra five minutes on bike" and getting those which has been good but as for weight loss goals I don't think I ever really set the right ones!! dogpal I think you mentioned 10% body weight as a first goal- which is huge! How long would you give yourself to lose it?
Do y'all think 5 pounds a week is too much or too little?

Yes I agree it may be hard to stare down the long, *gasp* LONG road ahead! But I'm glad there is a road there at all!

Next Brain Buster: (if anyone cares to attempt)
When its only you and another person invited to jolly Italian Mother-in-law's house and mountains of food are painstakingly prepared - how do you escape without having gained 50lb and offending mama??
Old 01-28-2007, 06:30 PM   #154  

Chimichanga: Hi glad your back. I don't mean to have you set a goal at 10%. For me that is my first goal because that is what Weight Watchers set for me a goal. I have 42 pounds to go and I don't have any idea when I will get there. I do have a reward for myself for getting under 500 pounds though. That will be to purchase a bracelet for charms and perhaps a under 500 pounds charm. I gave myself a goal last week when I bought new pajamas that I couldn't wear them unless I lost weight at my weigh in on Saturday. I lost weight on Saturday so I got to wear my new pj's. So, even though 10% is my first real goal, I do have smaller ones too.

I have been married for 21 years and never had my mother in law inivte me over for dinner. I can say that at my Dad's and Step mom's they are pretty forgiving if I don't gorge because I am trying to eat better. Maybe she will be happy to hear you are tying to get healthy too and she won't be offended? Just a thought.

Well, I posted my exercise for the week. I didn't do much today. Well, I did everything except the walking because I'm coming down with another cold or something. I did mange 30 minutes today. For the past week I did 285 minutes. I am at 887 minutes over a 300 minute goal I set for January! Yea Annie! I still have 3 more days to try to break 1000 minutes for this month. I am upping my exercise goal to 750 minutes for February. Hope you are all well, op and happy. Val, hope you are studying!
Blessings,
Annie
Old 01-28-2007, 07:39 PM   #155  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is having a good day, im just trying to keep warm. Our sunny 60 degree weather from yesterday, has suddenly turned to 20 degrees! lol, i know thats not really cold,compared to some areas, i used to live in new york, but right now, im cold
SHADIE: Doesnt it feel good to pamper yourself and buy things you deserve? Im happy for you that you got the new clothes and purse, enjoy. im sure you will see a wt loss when you weigh.
ANNIE: you are doing so well with excersise! i hope your not getting sick, maybe its not going to be anything that lasts. take care of yourself! i agree with the 10% goal, thats a goal of mine this time around. as you said, i dont know when i will get there, but i will
MISTI:Im so happy your friends child is doing better. i also miss your posts, i hope you are doing well.
SHIFFYSMOM: Glad to see you posting, hope your having a good weekend
PATTI: the wii(did i spell it right) sounds cool. i like games too, but i dont play much. do they have a wii version of dance, dance revolution? i want that game, somebody told me its a physical "dancing" type game, great excersise! your husband sounds so sweet
MECHELLE: im sure your excited about moving and being in a bigger city. i hope the move is as stress free as possible.
ERIKA: if you try the gazelle you will like it. i use it alternately with excersise videos, i may join a gym next month. the important thing is to do something. how is school going for you?
CHIMICHANGA: hello and welcome. as far as the dinner at the inlaws, i would just honestly tell them , you are trying to lose wt, and although the food is wonderful, you just cant eat some of it. hopefully they will understand. you could also bring something more calorie friendly to eat at dinner.
CATHERINE: hope your day is going well. i love to read your posts
SANDY: you are so sweet, thank you for the nice words you had for me i truly love coming here and getting all the support and advice from everyone. when someone is going through something similar to you, its easy to communicate with them. thanks to all
NANCY and JILL: hope your weekend is good.
As for me, i had a good day. i was supposed to work, however we were not busy so i got to leave early i spent most of the day cleaning house and spending time with my family. food was good. i am going to excersise in a few minutes, so all in all, im happy
Have a wonderful night
Old 01-28-2007, 08:42 PM   #156  

kymberly my hubby is super sweet i do have to brag. dont know what all games are out for the WII yet but you can get a workout just playing the game i love it!
Old 01-28-2007, 09:32 PM   #157  
Just Do It!

Dogpal
WOWWWW that's so amazing!!! WELL DONE!!!! I think that's admirable, and the first thing I would buy myself too is some jewellery. Nice one. OMG where do you get charms like that!! oOOOOoo. How good is that.
YEAH i think 10% is very reasonable, it seems like alot but its achievable!!
So for me that would be... um in pounds.... 28lbs. I'm happy to round that up to 30lb. How long do you have to reach your 42lb goal? I'd be happy to do this "10% challenge" with you... As for the in-laws, i've only been married 1.5yrs and don't have the guts to stand up to her just yet... I guess I'll have to!!

futurediva
thank you very much!! Yeah that is a great idea- i'll just bring something cal friendly!! her meals tend *not* to include the veggie part of the pyramid so that will work well. The other day when she made lasagna, she cut my hubby a huge piece and I said "um, that's too much" she said "give to him!" and then follwed me with another spatula full to put on his plate... like she just doesn't get it!!! She knows we're both trying, I guess she's too oldschool eh... I'll try talking to her about it, I just want to avoid offending!!! sheesh!! Thanks v. much for the advice!
Old 01-28-2007, 10:29 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

LADIES!!!

I had a great trip to Napa Valley! I ate a lot, and drank a bunch of wine and overall had a great time! I actually exercised more than I thought I would -- I got up each morning and took a brisk walk!

I have been trying to catch up on this thread all evening and finally made it!! No time for personals, though a special congrats to ANNIE!!!!!

I'm off to start the Feb exercise thread!!!
Old 01-29-2007, 12:26 AM   #159  

Kymberly: Hope you have a great week!

Patti: Have fun with your new game

Chimichonga: I haven't given myself a time limit on the 10% because I don't want to get discouraged if it doesn't happen in "my timing". I am in this for so long I try not to put any time frame on it. I have no idea how fast my body will loose. I wish it would be like 10 pounds a week. Lol.

Wyllen: Glad you are back with us and that your trip to Napa Valley was nice. I used to love to go over there to Valejo from Sacramento area in the summer and go to Marine World Africa USA. Thanks for starting the exercise thread every month. I signed up for 750 minutes.

Everyone who is MIA: Hope you are all doing well and having a wonderful weekend. I am heading to bed now since it is 9:30 and tomorrow will come quickly.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 01-29-2007, 01:21 AM   #160  

Hey everyone-

Finally got the kitchen all cleaned out. I really threw away tons of stuff! Its amazing all the stuff I held onto in the last move that I haven't used in years! I also have been looking online for stuff we need to buy when we get there. Up here we live in the National Weather Service housing which is furnished. So when we get to Spokane we literally have to buy all new stuff. And DH mentioned maybe at the start of March we should buy the Gazelle. Because even though we have a workout room at the new Apt. it may be full alot. Plus no excuse not to work out!

SANDY~I never in my life thought I would live in a place like this! It was a wonderful experience. But I miss going to walmart! I hear ya about laundry! It is neverending at my house!

chimichanga~glad you are back! Like others have said I would just be up front with the MIL about how you are losing weight.

ANNIE~Thanks! I hope you aren't getting a cold! Hope you feel better soon!

KYMBERLY~Oh 60 degrees sounds wonderful!! But that is a big drop in temp! Stay warm!

WYLLENN~Glad you are back! Glad to hear you had a good time.

Ok well everyone hope you all are doing good! Take care everyone and have a good Monday!
Old 01-29-2007, 06:16 AM   #161  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

STOP!
Come join us in the new thread for the new week...#1091
Closed Thread