Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 11:23 AM   #31  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Work has been REALLY busy and my evenings have been really full too, making it tough to get here to post. The scale was up a bit this morning, but I have decided to ignore it for now (I ate canned soup last night for dinner - it is probably mostly water retention). We are heading to my parents on Saturday morning, assuming my BF still wants to go after I tell him that I want a trial separation. I am going back to the B&B today. They have offered me a bigger room and I will make my decision either this afternoon when I see it or after my first counseling session tonight.

We had another fight last night and I am more and more convinced this isn’t going to work. Basically, he ordered my Christmas gifts from Amazon, didn’t have them wrapped and then addressed the boxes to me. So, that would mean I would just open my gifts like that – no wrapping paper, no ceremony of waiting until Christmas, no nothing. When I asked him why he did this, he told me that he was too lazy to wrap the gifts. I was so disgusted. He was too lazy to spend a few extra moments to make it special for me? What does that say about him and how he feels about us? Especially right now when he is supposed to be trying? I deserve better! I explained how it isn’t really even the gifts that are important to me, but the symbol of love and caring. By just throwing a package at me it totally removes the special feeling of it and turns it into a non-event.

Sorry I don’t have time for any personals. Welcome to all the new people, and welcome back Tracey! It is good to see you again.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:44 AM   #32  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Nancy--big I agree with you 100% that the gifts should have been wrapped and waited until Christmas. Being lazy about something so petty is definitely a sign. It seems you've got your head wrapped around things very well and are recognizing that even these smaller issues really can say something about a person. Maybe I should be more appreciative of the fact that Jeff has done very interesting things with gifts (he once made me do a scaveneger hunt with clues he wrote to find my birthday gifts, and once wrapped my Christmas gifts and stacked them in such a way that they looked like a character in a movie we'd seen recently ).
Old 12-21-2006, 11:48 AM   #33  

Nancy I'm so sorry to hear that your BF was such a jerk about Christmas. You are 100% in the right here. Men, by their very nature, tend to be idiots when it comes to women - but that was not just stupid it was completely insensitive! I can't even say thoughtless, because he thought about it! You DO deserve MUCH better.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:43 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 308/257/175

Height: 5'10

Hey gang! I am so sorry to hear about your insensitive boyfriend Nancy! That must be so frustrating! I know what's it is like to have your arms up wondering what to do next...it's the most uncomfortable feeling in the world. You seem like a well put together and strong soul, I'm sure whatever happens, you will be just fine! Good luck with the holidays, I hope things work out for the best!
Old 12-21-2006, 06:25 PM   #35  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Nancy, I am proud of you for knowing you deserve care and sincere attention. Making a relationship work....key word "WORK" is not for the faint of heart....or the lazy heart. I can only wish you happiness.

Lilion, So proud of your nephew! Telling his mama to let him do things for himself. See, he's getting stronger already!
Katt, I'm so glad to hear from you. I've missed you. Hang in there. Maybe after the holidays your overtime will drop.

Sorry no more personals today. I'm pooped out. Work has been very, very stressful, but it always is this time of year.
My stupid blood thinner levels are down AGAIN, my sis is in the hospital in Utah, I'm in Indiana.

We had our LAST holiday office party today. Now I just have dinner at my son's on Monday and then New Year's Eve & TOM is any time....not good combinations. But I'll get thru it ok....even with a gain, I'm sure I'm better than I would have been last year.

Hope all of you are ok.

Hugs to all,
Old 12-21-2006, 07:32 PM   #36  
What's this button do?

S/C/G: 323/282/150

Height: 5'6"

Man, I feel loads better just reading the supportive replies. Look, my first snuggly icon:

Jill - I like wyllen's phrasing: you are in the zone. Your focus, or maybe it's ability to get refocused quickly, totally inspires me.

Katt - Oh, you are so busy. I hope Christmas itself can be somewhat relaxing!

Lilion - Yeah, she's had the nerve blocks combined with steroid injections. They didn't help much after the first one. We're in a rural area, but it's not like some medical boonies; it's pretty much a big medical hub for most of the state. There's loads of excellent doctors, latest equipment and procedures, etc. They'd better figure out something!

Nancy - Omg, bf is such a mong! At least the fact that he got you gifts implies he does care and *might* be retrainable, but are you going to want to take on that large a project?

All of you with your office parties...while I miss them socially, I'm thankful that freelancing means I don't have to worry about that much temptation just yet!

I'm working on sis' special Xmas present tonight. It's special because it's CRAFTY and crafty is something I turn down my nose at usually. But I know she would like this wall hanging, and the pattern of it pleases the analytical part of me.

I shouldn't have blown off my friend in another town last night (was going to spend the night). I used Mom as an excuse though I really didn't have to stick around. I guess I just didn't want to spend that time away this week after all. But I was such a heel for cancelling day of. Oh well.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:16 PM   #37  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everybody... whew I can't believe it has been so long since I have posted. This sinus infection has really wiped me out and a lot of the time I just come in from work and crash. Along with all this weather nightmare we are having... LOL I was telling someone today if I am tired of the storms you KNOW it is bad (as I love them generally). Still I am sure among the fortunate to have had power the whole time. The big windstorm was a week ago today and there are still around 100,000 without power. It's quite a mess.

Will post more later... just got home and going to get some dinner; but I wanted to drop in and say hi.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:53 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hugs to everyone who is needing them. High fives to those who are having NSV's and SV's. I wanted to wish everyone a very Merry and Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year. Please be safe traveling to your families or where ever you are all going. We are staying home to enjoy our new house for the first Christmas and to spend Christmas just my sweetie and I and our two dogs. We have never done that in 21 Years but we just didn't feel like traveling this year. We are having company for New Years for about 4 days so that will be nice. Take care everyone and I'll have you all in my prayers and thoughts.
Blessings,
Annie
Old 12-22-2006, 12:03 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Sorry I haven't been around yet again, guys. Things have been really busy. I got a scholarship to the new YMCA around here, and I've been going everyday. Doing eliptical, treadmill, and the weight machines. I've been busting my butt. I will lose 30 pounds this winter. Yep.

Getting ready to head down to Tennessee...Andrew surprised me with a week long trip down there for our anniversary. He rented us a deluxe cabin in the Smoky Mountains. Our anniversary is on Sunday (Christmas Eve), but we're going the first week in January.

If anyone ever wants to talk to me, I'm not on here much, and I apologize. If you private message me, I'll send you my e-mail address.

Hope you're all doing well.

Kayley
Old 12-22-2006, 04:03 AM   #40  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Kaley, I thought you fell off the face of the WORLD!!!

I've missed you! Glad to know things are okay!!

Just a quick update while I'm at work.

Nothing changed. The baby and Friend moving in is working pretty well.

Congrats to everyone else!!
Old 12-22-2006, 07:24 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Annie -- I sometimes like quiet holidays the best!

Kayley -- Good to see you! We miss you and your minutes on the exercise thread!

Sue -- I hope you finaly start feeling better soon!

I'm headed off to visit my family this morning and may or may not have internet for a few days... Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates it!
Old 12-22-2006, 09:18 AM   #42  
Michigan Old-Timer

STOP! Don't post here.

Join us at 300+...#1078
Closed Thread