Old 09-19-2006, 10:31 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 183/178/138

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for all your kind works and telling me to set my butt down yest. You are right, all of you! I have a movie to watch today before returning it so I will do just that!It is guilt-ridden though isnt it! Why cant we just relax! It is a social pressure to be doing something all day... hmmm

I ended up chugging lots of water in the afternoon and then going for a ride with the horse owner's daughter who is 19. We had great fun! She rode the horse I have been riding lately and saidthe horse was better than she has been in a long time (horse is 18 and stiff all the time in the back and neck due to a few injuries in the past 2-3 yrs). She commended ME on working with her so well in the past few weeks! HUH!? I havent ridden in a long time and feel so rusty I cant imagine what I did but it felt really good to be complimented! This girl grew up on a horse and knows her stuff (I am experienced too but VERY rusty).

BTW I had 3 people comment on my weight loss last Fri. WOW! I am working on getting my "before" pic but my dad has it on his computer and he is on a month-long vaca in Maine. I'll have to wait until OCt. I remember I was quite pudgy so I am excited to see it and get a new shot of me soon to compare. I will share with you guys. Melody's was motivating!

So, after that I felt fine! I had an awesome dinner, watched some of Narnia with the fam and went nighty night. I dreamed of having failing brakes on my car. That is a sign of feeling out of control in my life. I am trying to assess that today...

Well, you guys all are great and I hope your day goes awesome. To those (like, every one of us) who have a hard time eating with chowing DHs and kids and being around food constantly when we are home- MORE POWER TO US! Its why losing wt is harder than quitting smoking or drinking because it is ALWAYS around us and we stuill have to eat! It's like quitting drinking while you work as a bartender or something! AHHHHHHH!
squishy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:33 AM   #32  

Wannabe- I have the exercise slide. I was hoping to find my booklet Getting Started but I tucked it away somewhere recently. I put it somewhere where I could find it again LOL.

I'll send what I have and if it turns up I'll get that off to you too.

Jess
Old 09-19-2006, 11:20 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Lauren - It is much like geocaching, except without the GPS, it's mostly visual clues. Sometime the clues are riddles and puzzles. Geocachers and Letterboxers have a long standing "feud" going. Alot of geocachers don't know about letterboxing and many boxes are planted near each other. The LB boxes get "raided" by the geocachers. It's quite interesting. LOL I really like it because it gets me OUT when I would rather stay IN. Gives me a goal.

Today I have to stay in all day because I offered up a bunch of things on freecycle and most of the people are coming to take them away today! Feels good to get rid of some excess!!!

I made the beef stroganoff recipe that is listed under the recipes thread last night. It came out very very well. I used Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup and fat free sour cream. next time I will add spices or something to it but it tasted yummy. We served it over egg noodles with a bleu cheese vinaigrette salad. One tiny problem, it gave us really bad gas...not sure what would have caused that..the FF sour cream???

I also made lower fat banana bread, the recipe came off of allrecipes.com YUM!!!! That website is one of my favorite sources for recipes.

Have a good Tuesday everyone!!!

goal for the day is to get on the treadmill!
Princsstrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 11:50 AM   #34  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Ursula is finished!!

Thanks for the good advise ladies. I told DH all the wonderful things you all have said. He feels better. I have a mobile 6 month old....I'll post more at nap time.
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:27 PM   #35  
fitafter4

S/C/G: 226/170/160

Height: 5'9"

Angry Argh!!

Well, it happened....I typed out this wonderful, long, interesting post. AND - nothing. It's gone. Not sure where it went, but I'm sure it was the best post ever.

but....

Let me just say a BIG HEY to everyone. [welcome princess!]

Got a major headache today...weather change...allergies...etc.

big HUGS to everyone!
Fondly,
Fit
fitafter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:47 PM   #36  

Height: 5'8"

Just had to say....

Stevi, that is amazing!!!!!!! You are very gifted!

Darcy
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:01 PM   #37  

Stevi - You are incredibule talented!!! Fantastic job on Ursula. I'd love to see some more of your work. Do you have any more online? Do you do the Disney Princesses too???
Old 09-19-2006, 02:10 PM   #38  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

lol stevie that's awesome Maybe i should dress as Ursula for halloween at the office LOLOL Although I could be Jasmine at my goal weight ROFL....ok well maybe 30 lbs gone after my goal weight LOL

I did ok this morning, shed some tears, there was one woman there who was very interested in taking photos at 4:30 am.......i was in glasses and runny makeup LOl so I should look *real* good..........ugh. Called my mama back in Texas....it was 6:30 am....she had to take my brother to school anyway LOL Today Im going to take a before picture. I need to get my calendar board, a large corkboard, and groceries so I can prep food for the week. I'm also going to do some more laundry, pick up the garage, fold all the clothes he left (plus mine too) mow the lawn out back....well more than likely just cut the weeds. I'm glad i took the day off work. Thanks for all the concern and well wishes though, I sure am glad to be involved with you ladies
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:59 PM   #39  

Since I am new to this group, I'm curious about you all!!!

What do you guys do for hobbies????

I'm a crocheter, knitter, cross stitcher, anything crafter. I watch alot of movies. Letterboxing. None of my hobbies really go well with weight loss but I'll make it work!!!
Old 09-19-2006, 03:31 PM   #40  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Well, the lil feller is sleeping. It won't be for long, the trend today is about 20 whole minutes. My alergies are crazy today! Sneezing all day so far. Nose burning. I DO NOT want to attempt taking care of Logan all goofy on Zirtec. The stuff makes me very sleepy. I'll just continue to sneeze on the poor lil feller. I forgot to weigh this morning, but I don't feel a loss. I do it tomorrow. I got the band booked for a Halloween party gig on Oct. 28th. Now I have to come up with a super snazzy costume. Any ideas? I have to be reasonably comfortable.
Lauren~ Hey gorgeous. Yeah, the project is Sat morning through Sun afternoon as its in Apple Vally, about 1 1/2 hours from me. I'm painting a Dora room. Prep is all done, I just have to do all the pretty's. Characters etc...
Holy~ Your funny! Maybe I'll go as Middle-aged, overweight Ariel! Ahh ahhh ahhhhhh *cough* Ahh ahhh ahhhhhh!!!
Trish~ Yeah, I just love Disney. I generally do whatever my customers want. I'm doing the Villians as a part of my portfolio as I really enjoy them and since I end up giving my paintings and drawings to friends that ask for them leaving me with nothing original to show! Next is Malificent, she's the evil witch in sleeping beauty with the horns.
Darcy~ Thanks beautifulness!
Fit~ I HATE it when that happens!! DArn it all!
I forgot to tell everyone that I got Logans costume in the mail yest. Its a Tom Arma skunk costume...Funniest thing I have ever seen!!! I'm gonna take his 9 month professional portraits in it. The'll be a lil early but oh well!
Smooches!
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:45 PM   #41  

Holy- you are crazy girl! Trying to do all that! I know you are trying to keep busy but JEEZ! I feel good if I get one of those things done in a day! Anyway, hugs and kisses to you and who cares about the damn mascara! Its the tears that count and you deserve them!

Princess- check out the 30-somethings bois. Not everyone is there but many are. I like reading, horses, I knitted last winter and like it but need someone to hold my hand thru it. I took a class but cant afford it anymore. I also like to cook and to EAT but that is a hobby I am trying to give up...

Stevi- really, you ae gifted. I am glad to know someone else knows who Malificent is! My DD was the hag who casts the spell on Beast this summer in a play and boy was she a cute bad-witch! lol I painted my wicker chairs today and thankfully that takes NO artistry or they would be doomed under my hand!

Well, DD comes home in 15 min- time to go prep din-din so she and I can have special time today. I bailed on her yest afternoon as soon as DH got home so we have some snuggle-time to catch up on.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:46 PM   #42  
fitafter4

S/C/G: 226/170/160

Height: 5'9"

Stevi ~ Your talent is AMAZING....If I didn't like ya...I'd hate ya. (j/k)

Holy ~ hang in there...we're all in this together.

Princess ~ hobbies? Hmmmm...aside from children (five total) there's not much time for anything else! I love athletics, play volleyball 2 nights a week, work full-time, love to bake, watch baseball, enjoy wine tours, love to travel. We try to take little weekend trips to visit wineries. Over Labor Day, we went to SIX wineries! They were all close to each other, so it was really neat picking out which wines we liked better.

That's all I can think of, right now. I'm sure I'll think of more after I hit send!

What about you?
Fit

Greetings to everyone!! Hope you're all having a good day!
fitafter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:40 PM   #43  

Height: 5'6"

Wow, this thread fills up fast anymore!! It's great to see so many active posters, but boy do I have a hard time keeping up!! LOL. I had weigh in this morning and was down 1.8 pounds, woohoo!! 42 pounds total, at least I'm getting close to having less than 100 pounds to reach my goal, I am thinking I should make my initial goal be 155 and assess it from there. Honestly I've never been that thin in my life, so while I think 145 is probably a better overall goal, it will be amazing if I even reach 155. Might make the whole picture seem a bit more doable for the time being, lol. I'm still 2 pounds from reaching the next points level, but I think I'll drop down this week, I think I'm close enough to it to go down now, I haven't decided whether I will eat my flex points this week or wait one more week. I guess I'll just see how it goes.

Stevi, your picture is GREAT! I showed it to Noah, he said it was scary, lol. He asked how you knew how to draw it. I'm trying to think up a Halloween costume as well. My cousin and his wife have an annual Halloween party the weekend before Halloween and this year I'm not working, so I'd really like to go, but I can't think of anything for a costume. I know I need to start working on getting it together now, but I've browsed all the costume sights and I'm at a loss, I just can't think of anything I would look good as. I hope your allergies are feeling better soon, I'm allergic to dust and bleach and rabbits, and we used to live on a gravel road and the dust there just about killed me. Hang in there!

Holy, so sorry you had a tearful morning, but Im glad that you had the day off to recoup. That would be soo hard. Just think how surprised he will be to come back in four months and see you thinner and healthier!! I will keep him in my prayers.

Squishy, that's awesome about the compliments on your weight loss and the horse! It feels so good to get compliments and to see that all your hard work IS really paying off!! I'm so glad that my pictures were motivating! I have been debating on whether to post them in the short term goals section, because they don't seem to show a huge difference to me, but maybe I will now. I know how much I love seeing progress pictures, so I figured I needed to keep my own as well along this journey. I can't wait to see yours!

Princess, let's see, my hobbies are drawing (mostly mousedrawn pictures on the computer anymore), crosstitch, reading, and computer games. I've played several of the online rpg's, Everquest, Everquest II, Wow, lol. I'm older than most of the people who play those games, especially females, but they are pretty fun once in awhile. Someday I would really like to have traveling be on my list of hobbies, but so far I haven't been able to afford it, maybe in my old age I'll be able to see the world AND be skinny seeing it!!

Fit, you have 5 children!! I dont' remember hearing that before, although I'll admit my memory is a bit off sometimes. You don't look like you could possibly have 5 children, but I'm not sure why I think that, lol. I guess because you look young and pretty and after 5 children I think I would look old and harried, rofl. I have 3 and that's more than a handful. I think big families are awesome, I wish my kids were closer together in age. I am looking forward to having grandkids someday!! Then I can love on them, spoil them, and send them home and see my kids having to deal with the kinds of things that they have done as children, lol. I think it will be great fun!!!

Lauren, thanks for the well wishes!! I was pretty satisfied with my weigh in!! Anything over 1 pound is pretty ok with me, it's when it's under a pound or when it's a gain that I get frustrated.

Wannabe, 45 minutes at moderate intensity (activities that make probably make you break a sweat, ex. walking at a fast pace or biking) for someone who was 249 pounds would be 4 points and 40 minutes at high intensity (activities that make you sweat, ex jogging, running, competitive swimming, or competitive biking) would be 9 points. I would guess that his weight lifting would fall under moderate intensity, but I could be wrong. Yes, peanut butter is high in points, I love peanut butter on a banana, but I only eat it when I know I'm going to be short on points for a day I'll have it for an evening snack to make sure I get in my minimum points.

Anyway, I hope that everyone is having a great Tuesday!! The Biggest Loser is supposed to start this week I think on Wednesday, I have been anxious to watch it for some added motivation!! Talk to ya all soon!!
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:52 PM   #44  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

checking in slammed at work i'll chat to ya all later
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 06:15 PM   #45  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

ok and i thought things were going well.

my phone line is "in use" and won't ring out, won't dial. ran a service call thru and basically i'm going to have to pay thos idiots $55 to come and look at it and if i can't fix it myself they'll fix it at a "time sensitive charge".

dangit. i was in the middle of doing laundry. I'm gonna go cut the grass some...bbl
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote