Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 12:48 PM   #31  

Height: 5'6"

Thanks guys.

Stevi, I'm so sorry you felt so bad yesterday. I felt like that once when I was pregnant with my daughter, it was awful!! I seriously thought i was going to die as well, my best friend thought I was in labor and didn't know it, lol, I told her no I knew I was NOT in labor and that I was pretty sure I knew what was up. Sigh. I hope you are feeling a lot better today!

Norissa, so glad you had fun at the concert, Faith Hill is beautiful. I think it's neat that the two of them get to do their concerts together, has to help a marriage more than two musicians who are off doing their own thing all the time.

Jenn, I know that a lot of concerts used to say no cameras, now they've probably given up since most people have cameras on their cell phones. I can't remember the last concert I went to, I think it was the B-52's at the Oregon State Fair. Before that probably Sarah McLachlan at the Lillith Fair (so also had Natalie Merchant, Erika Badyu, and some others). I haven't gone to many concerts, although I go watch my friends local band play a lot in bars around here.

RR grats on the 3 pounds!!! That is awesome!! I've never been to Disneyworld but just took my kids to Disneyland in May, we had a lot of fun although I was beat when we got back, it's a lot for one mom to take on with 3 kids, lol.

Lisa, lol, guess maybe I wasn't paying attention, of course, I hear Oregon and think the state, never even knew there was a town anywhere named Oregon.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:16 PM   #32  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

AAAAyyyyeeeeee. More DSL problems here! If I disappear for awhile, you will know that DH got so fed up he threw the thing out the window. I don't know what they are going to do about it.

Hello everyone! I'm not sure how long I will be able to be online, I just wanted to pop in and let ya know we didn't fall off the face of the earth.

Thanks for thinking my girlie is cute. I think she's awesome! She is one month old today!
Old 07-19-2006, 04:12 PM   #33  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Stevi sorry about the sickness im glad it's gone......

RR good job girl keep it up

Melody Congrats i know it feels good to lose......

MOm of 3 great pics

as for me another 1 pound gone and it feels wonderful its actually happening and im so excited !!!as for my life well my life is sucking right now i've been with the same boss for 2 years and was expecting a pay raise yesterday and nothing i was so depressed yesterday after that happened i mean he buys lunch and says lets have a meeting and all he talks about is how great things are going and he just soooooo pleased, well after the meeting all i wanted was my husband and i couldnt of course cause he's never around needless to say it's carried over to today im down but not out thats why i jumped on the scale and that perked me up still
1. my job sucks
2. i miss my hubby
3. my kids are ungrateful
sorry just had to vent thanks for listening
Old 07-19-2006, 05:48 PM   #34  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Speaking of kiddos always looking like there Daddies......
The 1st is of DH @ 1 year. The 2nd is Logan @ 4 months
Old 07-19-2006, 05:52 PM   #35  

DEAD ON stevi wow what a pair .............
Old 07-19-2006, 07:12 PM   #36  

Wow Stevi, they do look exactly alike!! Everyone always says my kids look just like me, but I can see my ex in both Emma and Noah.

707 sorry about work, but WTG on the pound off!!! Did you ask your boss for a raise? Like, well I'm so glad that you think everything is going so well, I've been working really hard and haven't gotten a raise in two years, so I was thinking that I should get one about now. Be assertive. I hope things pick up. And I'm sorry you miss your husband, how much longer will it be til he's done with the Police Academy?
Old 07-19-2006, 07:42 PM   #37  

Thanks melody and he ( DH ) wont be done untill dec UGGGGG ,but oh well and i never have had to ask i guess thats why its so akward for me, my bosses usally just give me raises and bonuses etc so this is a first LOL
Old 07-19-2006, 11:17 PM   #38  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all,

Norrissa, That is one fine man!!!! (Don't get me wrong, I like his wife too) I am even more envious now.

Stevie, sorry that you weren't feeling good, hopefully you will feel better tommorrow.

Jenn, we are always welcoming new people. It is good to have you.

I am not really trying to cut out pop, however it seems that I am doing just that. Where I work provides bottled water and cans of pop for us, if we want it. However they purchase Pepsi products and I am a Diet Coke girl, so I have been drinking bottled water. This has been going on for about two weeks and I am going through withdraw of caffeine. -NOT FUN!!! I have cut down to about 2 -3 cans at night. UUGG! I know that it will be better in the long run, however it is not really good right now.

Goddess, Don't worry about venting, we all have at one time or another. What is it about women that we feel guilty about letting our emotions show? That is what the support group is for. It is better to vent than hit the cookies, or whatever your weakness is.

Stevie, OH MY GOODNESS, what a likeness. Since I don't have kids I will tell you about myself. When people see my dad, they say I resemble him, same thing with my mom. One of my mom's friends said that I was a morph of both of them.

Lisa
Old 07-20-2006, 12:47 AM   #39  

Hey ladies,
Well I did it. I chopped the hair. I don't have any makeup on and I just got back so you'll see a pic tomorrow. I really wacked it though. I like it...its cool. Tomorrow I'm going to color it. STILL didn't get my darn shoes!! I'm just gonna have to take the baby tomorrow. DH waited to come home til 7:00pm and my hair appt was at 7:30pm...I'm just gonna have to lie to him next time. Grrrrr.... Feeling better though, however I do have the occassional pain. (no not DH!)
Lisa~ Good thing on the Pop. I can't stand the stuff myself. I look like my Mother...its always been a bad thing.
Goddess~ (((hugs)))) To you. You can have mine for awhile! I agree with Mel on being more assertive. They will only get away with what you let them.
Melody~We went to the King Tut exibit (sp?) and EVERYONE had to check their phones or any electronic! Very high security. Yet, the sarkoficus (I KNOW thats WRONG!!) was not even there.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:26 AM   #40  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Stevi - Congrats on the new do !! Please do post a picture I would love to see it !! Logan looks just like DH OMG ! Glad to hear that you are feeling better !!!!

Lisa - You see I have a bit of a "crush" on Tim McGraw -- LOL which works out just fine cause DH has one on Faith I really recommend seeing t hem in concert, if you haven't, both put on a wonderful show -- but then again I am bias ! LOL

707 - Keep up the hard work -- you are doing wonderfully Congrats on your loss !!

Good Morning everyone !! Hope y'all have a wonderful day !!!!
Old 07-20-2006, 10:49 AM   #41  
lose2win

Hi all,

Wow, it took me a long time to get back here since my first post. We had storms in our area and I lost my electricity Monday night and did not get it back until Wednesday night. I was wondering is there a day that everyone weighs in? It is going to take me a while to get familiar w/ everyone but I am very excited to have a new bunch to chat with.

Karen, What a beautiful baby...

MJ
Old 07-20-2006, 11:44 AM   #42  

Talking

Emjay~ Glad you made your way back!! This thread is very low stress and high support. You just weigh when you weigh, report any losses (or gains God forbid! ) and we praise you for days! We are all very chatting and interested in all sorts of aspects of each others lives . But all here for the same reason none the less. For example, I talk alot less about loss now (I have slowed signifigantly) and talk alot more about exercise, but Mel and Goddess are lossing like MAD right now!!! (I'm so jealous! ) Or Karen (when her DSL is working! ) has a brand new baby girl we all are excited about. ETC....
Old 07-20-2006, 01:09 PM   #43  

Lisa, I'm a Diet Coke gal too, but I've given most of it up simply because when I was drinking it I wasn't drinking enough water. I used to drink 6 or 7 cans a day, but now I drink 3 or 4 a week. I went through caffeine withdrawal as well, and it is not fun.

Stevi, I can't wait to see your new haircut. Your hair was so pretty before, but I bet it looks great now too!! It always feels so good to get a new look!!

Welcome back Emjay!! Like Stevi said we all have different weigh in days, right now mine is Tuesday mornings, but it's changed several times since I started almost 4 months ago. I had lost only 5 pounds in the entire month before I joined weight watchers, my losses had slowed quite a bit and I even had a week where I gained a tiny bit even though I was on plan the entire time, but once I joined weight watchers I've lost 4.6 in two weeks!! We just come here and chat about whatever, vent when we need to, tell about successes or struggles, etc.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:51 PM   #44  

Default Thank You Ladies

I just wanted to to tell you ladies THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH for your suport You guys made a HUGE difference in my day yesterday i went home with a new attitude last night and kicked butt cleaning my room yesterday ( i call it my storage space with a bed) its only like 10x5 ok maybe im exaggerating but it is tiny.... anyways i did that then cooked dinner, a very healthy meal and the family didnt even know it LOL but let me tell you i felt sooo good and when my husband got home last night at 11pm his eyes light up and he said WOW honey maybe you should really think about being a housewife you did so good.
We both laughed pretty hard at that one, you see im not the stay home type and he knows that.... I know it takes a special woman to stay home clean, take care of the kids and im not one of them.LOL im not saying im a bad mom i just know from experiance i tried to be a stay home mom i got depressed fed up with the kids always crying to the hubby about talking to me it's just not for me, so enough rambling i have such a good outlook on life right now.
and i wanted to say thank you........
Much Love
Michelle
Old 07-20-2006, 08:11 PM   #45  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Michelle--I am with U on the stay at home thing..Not for me either..Thank goodness I have a husband who enjoys mopping, dusting, washing clothes, cleaning toilets etc etc..All I do is cook and wash dishes...Not bad!!!
RR
Closed Thread