Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 08:07 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week Of July 16th!!!!!!

GOOD MORNING!!!I am up early(late if counting during the week) and decided to run on the treadmill before the crew awakens.
I went to a 6 yr old birthday party(x 3-triplets) and was able to resist cake and ice cream and junk That is a major accomplishment for me since "cleaning the cake knife between pieces" is my favorite!!
Ok..taking K to see Cinderella play today!! Off to get some housework and things done before we get dressed!!!
RR
Old 07-16-2006, 11:25 AM   #2  
lose2win

Hi,

I am new to the 30-somethings but not new to 3FC. I have been here since 11/05 and have lost about 15 lbs. in that time. I have been posting on another thread where a lot of people have come and gone and once again I found myself alone there. I don't think it is because I am not an interesting person but more because people (women especially) lead very busy lives these days. So anyway, I was thinking I may let this fall by the wayside and not find another group to join but I decided I didn't want to do that. This is the only accountability I have. I have done a lot of diets and WW a few times but decided to do it by myself this time, well except for the help of this site.

A little about me. I am 35, married, no kids. I am a hairstylist and manage a salon. I am not counting calories or counting points (altho I am conditioned to always have them in my head while eating). I am trying to eat less and eat better. And my big thing, excercise. Mostly I do WATP at home and some walking outside.

Hope no one minds me joining in, I really need another thread to call home.

MJ
Old 07-16-2006, 01:28 PM   #3  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Awww GEEEZ!!! I ALWAYS forget we change threads on Sundays and , of course, I already posted in the last one! Ok here goes again, but I don't think it'll have the same enthusiasm.....

Woo Hooo!!! 3 lbs gone!! YAY 222Lbs this morning, thats 40lbs TOTAL! What plateau??? Yeah, just not the same the 2nd time. Oh well.

MJ!! Its great to have you!!

Last edited by Stevi-rocks; 07-17-2006 at 02:34 AM.
Old 07-16-2006, 02:00 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

RR have fun at Cinderella!!

MJ, jump on in and WELCOME!!

Stevi, I replied to your other thread, but WTG!!! THAT IS AWESOME!! And I think 40 pounds is exciting anytime you say it!!
Old 07-16-2006, 02:16 PM   #5  
Registered Loser

S/C/G: 315/262/155

Hello! I'm new here too MJ! But I am an overall newbie - I hope y'all don't quit posting on me 'coz I'm trying hard to get into the swing of posting. :-)

Melody, you are such a positive person - I've seen your posts on my intro and other threads and you are always so vibrant! It's very refreshing.

Can anyone shed light on these "Week of..." threads? What is the theme? (sorry if this is a dumb question!)

~Robbie (not a guy LOL)
Old 07-16-2006, 04:19 PM   #6  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone!

Well, the DSL guy came yesterday and redid a lot of the wiring stuff in the house and we thought we had finally gotten our problems fixed. To wake up to NO DSL this morning. Ugh. Maybe we will get it totally fixed one of these days. You never know when it's going to go out and leave you with a long post that never makes it to the board! I hate that part.

RR: I hope you had fun seeing Cinderella! Good job on skipping the junk food. OMGoodness...triplets? I get scared just thinking about it. I saw a show the other day about a lady who had IVF and got pregnant with fraternal twins...which then each had an identical twin! So she ended up with quads. I cannot even imagine what would have happened to me if I'd have even been pregnant with twins. Never mind more!

MJ: Welcome! We are happy to have you here. Just jump right on in and post away. We are a pretty supportive bunch here.

Stevi: Way to go girl! Yippee! 40 lbs is totally awsome!

Robbie: Ditto everything I said to MJ! You are more than welcome here. We are glad to have you.

We took the kids (wow, that still feels funny to say!) to the park today and Alex had a super duper time. He has needed to get out and just RUN. He did so much of that he is now on his second hour napping! He also bashed himself in the mouth with a chain (why do they put a chain, of all things, on playground equipment?) and has a swollen lip. Poor kid. He did let DH put ice on it for a minute. Usually he won't let us look at a booboo, never mind actually put something on it. We have to force him.

OK, girlie needs me! I hope everyone had a great weekend!

(edited to fix Robbie's name)
Old 07-16-2006, 04:21 PM   #7  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Robbie---First of all welcome!!! There is no particular theme of the week just a new week to keep the post from being soooooo long!!!

Stevi--Congrats on the 40 lbs!!!

MJ--welcome!!!
Ok..off to get kids super tired by running them to tiredness!!!
BTW--Cinderella play was cool...It was funny to see the kids in the audience participating!!
Karen--My friend had invitro and 1 split making it 4 but then didnt survive..She did get pg 4 months later so does have 4 kids under 6 now!!!Not for me--way tooooo busy!!!
RR
Old 07-16-2006, 08:08 PM   #8  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

We had a pool party for the softball team today. I was mostly good. I had 2 ff hotdogs on lt buns. I did have a little potato and mac salad (enough for the taste since I love them) and a small piece of cookie cake. I also had veggies and TONS of water. It was really hot today here. We had a heat index of like 110. I also did a little swimming...just for fun, not laps or anything but I figure some activity is better than none!

RR, glad you had fun at the party and Cinderella. WGT on the cake thing! I am an inbetween piece knife licker too. LOL That's great that you resisted!

Karen, poor Alex! Tryin to have fun and gets bopped in the face! Dumb swing! LOL

Stevi, Congrats on the loss!! 40 lbs is awesome!! And nope my sis doesn't speak to me either. Whatever!

newbies!! We aren't going anywhere any time soon! We have some come and go but a few of us die hards hang around!

Make it a great week everyone!
Old 07-16-2006, 09:54 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Just popping on quick to say & to everyone!! Been a busy weekend, just wanted to pop in!
Old 07-17-2006, 12:11 PM   #10  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Hey guys ! Hope that everyone had a great weekend !! We had a very busy weekend -- starting Friday night with "date night" for me and DH !! We went to see Tim McGraw and Faith Hill -- We had such a good time !!!

Lauren - Hey ! WOW -- Robbie's stats -- he is a big boy !! 2 of my 3 have appts tomorrow, Jake has to get his K shots and probably some blood work done -

Molly - Glad you had fun at the pool party !!

RR - you and Molly are making me want cake !! LOL Glad you had fun at Cinderella ! I miss those days with my DD -- she is 9 now and WAY too cool for the princesses LOL

Karen - Sounds like y'all had fun at the park ! Sorry that Alex got hurt, hopefully he is better today !!

Robbie - WELCOME !!!

Melody - Hope you had a wonderful weekend !!

Stevi - CONGRATS on the loss !!! 40 lbs !! WOW !! You are doing an amazing job !!

OH BTW -- I lost 5.6 lbs last week !! WOOHOO -- I can come outta ticked denial soon !! hee hee -- I really should fix it, but I hate moving my ticker UP !! :O
Old 07-17-2006, 03:42 PM   #11  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

I have a few child-free moments, so I wanted to post some pics!

These are a week or so old. I will have to take some this week! Here she is snuggled into her boppy pillow:

And one close-up:

Please exscuse the folded up ear. It's very hard to take close-up photos when the subject is curled up in your arms!
Old 07-17-2006, 05:08 PM   #12  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Karen the pics aren't showing up.

Norissa, I know what you mean about not changing the ticker when you're up. I hate doing that. LOL WTG on the loss too!! Wow!
Old 07-17-2006, 05:17 PM   #13  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Aww Karen, she's such a little sweetheart!! That just made my day!
Old 07-17-2006, 05:53 PM   #14  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Karen - she is preecious !!!
Old 07-17-2006, 11:06 PM   #15  
Registered Loser

S/C/G: 315/262/155

Red face

Howdy everbody!

Congrats to all on their losses both big and small

KarenK you have such a beautiful baby! You must be such a happy mommy...

Thanks for the warm "Welcomes"! It's nice to be here. I have finally found a forum to call home (I hope! LOL).

Have a great week, everyone!
Closed Thread