Old 07-02-2006, 09:37 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30-Something's **Week of 7/1**

Good Sunday morning All! Hope everyone's having a great long weekend! It's been pretty horrible here honestly. Robby's had a fever since DH picked him up at daycare Friday afternoon. Nothing wrong with him "a virus"...whatever...no other symptoms. Same thing Peter had right before his surgery...just to get me all agitated! Barely slept last night, he kept waking up crying and screaming. At one point I told DH I was ready to take him to urgent care! He finally settled down though and got some sleep. Just in time for Peter (who went to sleep around 4:30 because he didn't have a nap, and slept through) woke up at around 6:30! I got up and gave him a cereal bar and milk and then we went downstairs to watch TV. I got a couple little cat naps in but now I think I'm just running on...I dont' know, but I'm up. DH and Robby just woke up about a 1/2 hr. or so ago. Nice.

Hoping to get my arse in gear move this week. Was thinking of digging out the old Gilad tape and doing that a couple times a week at night...just to get some exercise in. DH hooked up the new filter for the pool, so if the water warms up a little and it's hot enough, maybe after work a couple times I week I can do some exercise in the pool. (It's just one of those "easy set" pools - 12'x30" or something like that.)

Stevi, congrats on the exercise! That's a great accomplishment! My kids are total water rats (not surprising conisering DH & I are also), but Robby is still pretty cautious...I guess it's pretty overwhelming for a little guy! Not sure if I would like the strawberry recipe, but I know my Gran would love it!

OK, enough babbling for now! Anyone interested in keeping a running tally of exercise? We used to do this back in the early days of this thread. Every Sunday we would post our totals for the week in a list. We could also do it on a separate thread if you want. Lemme know!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:36 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Did anyone besides me have trouble finding the new area this site was in??? I had all of the non-essential areas closed (I only come to this one) and when it wasn't in its place I flipped.

Well I start work on Thursday, so we will see how exersize is going. I am looking forward to it actually. I went and bought a suit with shoes for $46 at an Elder-Beerman sale. The items were 60% off and I got an additional 10% and 15% as well. (openning charge and coupon) One more outfit to add to my arsonal for "professional" wear.

Speaking of clothes, have any of you shopped at Catherine's? I know of one in town and that it is a national chain, I was just curious.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:25 PM   #3  
LBH

Hey Lisa, yes, I've gotten some things at Catherine's here. They're kind of hit or miss for me. Awesome on the sale price!
As for getting here, I have the 30-Something's forum bookmarked, so if I wasn't a mod, I wouldn't even know it moved! I think it's better to have all the support groups in the same place on the list of forums though. I usually just come here, but I do click on the main forum page and read new posts sometimes.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:48 AM   #4  

Default New to Groups

Hi Everyone,

My name is Kara. My husband, 7 yo old daughter, and I live in Tennessee.

I've read several introductions and most said to post here, so I'm doing so directly... I hope this is okay.

I'm at my all time highest weight. I'm not sure how high... at least 215, but probably higher. This week my eating has been out of control... I've eaten lots of fast food junk (for no reason, as I don't even like it!) as well as huge
amounts of healthy food (fruits, veggies) I feel so depressed.... I'm not sure what is causing this great sadness... maybe it's my birthday coming up or
hormones or what... but it's time for a change.

I joined curves last week. I need to make a commitment to go at least 3 times a week. My dh has agreed to raise the food budget to help pay for healthier food choices. I just have to do it!

I'm so tired of being fat, of feeling ugly, and uncomfortable. This last 2 months or so has been difficult. I'm gaining weight in my neck... when I lay down I can feel it, it makes feel like I can't breathe.

Finding this forum was encouraging. I think communicating with others with help me along my way....

I would like to lose 80 pounds in the end, but for a first goal I would like to get down below 200 by my birthday at the end of August.

Sorry this is so long! I look forward to getting to know all of you.
MillyMollyMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:23 AM   #5  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Talking Hello Milly!

Welcome M-M-M!!!!! Are you gonna weigh soon? I strongly encourage you to know your exact weight, how else will you know how good your doing? Curves sounds like fun! If you need any food ideas just ask and I'll let you in on my secrets. What's done is done and tomorrow is a brand new day. Celebrate your accomplishment of identifying the problem and that your now searching for a solution. Congrats!
Lisa~ Catherines? Never heard of it.
Lauren~ I hope you got a nap! I can definetly relate!
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:56 AM   #6  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Welcome MMM and checking in for sunday eve will check in tomarrow, but for now let me vent (sorry) well this is the first year i can not do any fire works usally i buy fire works from a dude and this year NO for the first time ever .... let me explain my husband is becoming a cop this year so there for we have to maintain a "cops Life" if you know what i mean i cant even be around a bottle rocket it really sucks BUT i know its for the best so i dont complain i'd rather give up illegal stuff then lose my husband and get him kicked out of the academy we have worked really hard to get him through this and notice how i said we Yeah i stay up nightly till 11 pm making sure his clothes(uniforms) are ironed and he has a hot meal ,,losing alot of sleep daily trying to make sure he and the kids are taken care of... sorry for the long vent i hope you all have a great night
michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:18 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone, I've been so busy the last week I haven't had much of a chance to check in. Worked Wednesday through Sunday and Saturday it was 16 hours. Today I need to get some things done for the 4th tomorrow, but am taking it easy this morning. I was bummed this weekend because while I did good all week last week I didnt lose anything at all and in fact was up .4 of a pound, but in my rational head I know how easily that could just be water weight and it will go down next week, but my irrational head still has a hard time with it.

Lauren, I hope your son is feeling better. It's so hard when the kiddos are sick.

Lisa, I've shopped at Catherine's a couple of times, it was kind of the same for me, hit and miss. A lot of their clothes when I went were old lady looking, but they did have some cute things. We have one here in town, but I've only been in it a couple of times since I didn't have a lot of success in finding things I liked when I went in there. Hope you enjoy the new job!!

Welcome to the forum Kara! I hope you enjoy it and it helps you find your motivation, I need to keep myself motivated all the time and this site certainly helps.

Michelle, my ex-husband is a police officer so I know how it is, my ex wouldn't even drive without his driver's license, if he happened to forget it I had to drive. I was glad that he was so careful to follow the law, but it was a bit frustrating at times (not that I'm out breaking the law all the time or anything, but I never even really think if I happen to drive without my driver's license one time, lol). You aren't going to do legal fireworks? We can't have anything that flies off the ground in Oregon, you can go to Washington and get fireworks that are illegal in Oregon, but I never do. I figure the kids can go see the big fireworks at the fairgrounds and we can just light off the legal ones.

Anyway, I hope that everyone has a great fourth!! I've got some things I need to do today, including making a low calorie cake to take tomorrow (I hope it turns out well since I've never made it before), I figure if I take a low calorie dessert I'll be less likely to feel I need to cheat. Of course, if it tastes awful who knows, lol.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:57 PM   #8  
LBH

Hi All,

I don't think any fireworks are legal here...except sparklers! There are some good fireworks shows around that the town do though.

Melody, same here, got a couple cute things, but mostly old ladyish.

Michelle, good for you behaving for DH's sake!

Kara, Glad you joined us over here! Good for you joining Curves. Great that DH is supporting you too...that's soo important!

DH said yestderday that he will make more of an effort to support me and work on himself too. I hope that we can stick with it.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:33 AM   #9  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning all!!!
Day 3 of being alone with K!!! Everyone is on vacation(DH and #1 visiting M-I-L and family and #2 in Florida with friends) and I am off a week and just scrapbooking and playing and loving every minute!!!
Her surgery went great after she was medicated with versed(valium type premedication)she has been running high fevers since the surgery so not feeling too good..and then she slammed her fingers in the glass door last night so things have been crazy.(good but crazy)
We are going today to buy "Nemo" to put in the aquarium(just a crazy old goldfish--not an expensive clown fish)Since Disney on Ice she loves Nemo..
Karen--I thought about U and Lauren--The wiggles are comming again..Remember last year when we all saw them a few weeks apart?? They are not going to N.O.--I guess scared of a hurricane plus all the concert outlets are closed still-It will be a further drive but worth it...

Diet wise--doing better..I have to start with excercise..THat is the key to jump starting anything...That is my goal for the week!!!
Happy Fourth everyone!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:14 PM   #10  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hmmm, thought I had posted on here. Guess I didn't. For some crazy reason I don't have a lot of time to post right now! Little girlie needs holding or big brother needs attention. I can read, but typing is most difficult!

We have no big plans for the 4th. We will be going to MIL's house for dinner. That's it. I'm getting cabin fever. I will be able to drive on Thursday...YAY!! I'm pretty much healed, but anything that puts pressure on my tummy hurts.

Welcome to the newbies! It's great having you here.

Have a great 4th!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:58 PM   #11  

Happy 4th!! I had a seriously crappy day yest...but today looks much better. Can't type much...baby in lap.. Have fun!!
Old 07-04-2006, 09:15 PM   #12  
LBH

Hi All,

Our 4th was pretty uneventful. Actually, it was pretty boring. Anyway, just getting everything ready for tomorrow, have to be at the hospital at 8:15 for 9:45 surgery. Please send a few prayers if you don't mind...I'm worried that he's going to have quite a bit of pain when the numbness wears off.

Stevi, sorry you had a crappy day.

RR, we're going to Philly 8/17-19. We'll spend 2 days at Sesame Place then Wiggles on the 19th. That's our family vacation this summer...LOL, actually our first official family vacation!
Haven't seen any commercials for the Imagination Movers?? They're starting when??

Hi to everyone!
Old 07-04-2006, 10:57 PM   #13  

Lauren~ If its any consolation, Zack was more than fine after his. However, he was 9 at the time. Major GOOD Ju Ju to you and yours!
Old 07-05-2006, 08:19 AM   #14  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Hope everyone had a great 4th -- we can shoot fireworks off where I live -- absolutely legal here -- actually we buy a few smaller type fountains and such and then sit back and watch the neighbors "burn" their money, some of these folks spend so much $$ We invited the inlaws over to watch the fireworks with us, and I ate terribly ! BUT today is a new day, and I am hopping right back on that wagon !!

Lauren - sending lots of prayers your way !!

Karen - How is sweet little miss doing ?

RR - Glad you are enjoying your time with Miss K

MMM - Welcome aboard !!

Goddess - Hope you enjoyed your 4th even w/o the fireworks ! you are right -- y'all have too much invested at this point

Melody - hope all is well !
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:02 PM   #15  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone!

RR: We are skipping The Wiggles this year. Alex has hardly watched them this year. And we are doing the office/Cassie's room AND going to HI, so we are trying to save money.

NAK, I will try to come back on later to catch everyone!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote