Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2001, 01:16 PM   #16  
A princess in the making!

Default Hola

Hello everyone:
Another fun day at work. But we get to leave early!!
So I will go and get my house done tonight. Since the weekend is packed.

Hey Lauren I had Mc D's on Tuesday night. That just was not a good night for me. But I am back on program full strength. Already dreaming of my swimsuit for next summer.

I am thinking of joining a gym in the fall. NO I AM JOINING in the fall.

Guess what goofball did. I paid my Visa card twice this month. Oh not a bad thing I want it paid off by Oct. and it will be.

Have a great one

Old 08-03-2001, 01:18 PM   #17  
A princess in the making!

Thumbs down

Yes we have black post it notes here and notebook paper too. Gel pens are pens that are light in color and show up really nice on the black paper. I love them. Just have to hide them from my kid. ....But I love him too.

Old 08-03-2001, 02:59 PM   #18  
Donna

Unhappy TGIF

Hello Everyone!

Haven't been doing to well on the diet front, I skipped WI Tuesday because I had a giant sinus headache, and haven't gone the rest of the week because I don't want to see the scale . For some reason I've been making a lot of poor food choices this week and just can't seam to stop myself. Plus it's muggy out again so I don't want to walk. I think after the wedding I'm going to talk K into joining the rec center they just finished remodeling, I think I'd use it more than a gym plus it's cheaper.

We finished addressing the invitations last weekend (except the few we need to add to the list), this weekend we get to stuff and seal the envelopes we're hoping to get them in the mail by Monday. Sunday is also the playoffs for softball (everyone makes them) so we have to play at least one more game. I closed on my house on Monday (maybe that's where the eating’s coming from ). But still nothing on K's so we haven't bought anything else yet, it's getting frustrating. We found out at work that the project I'm on ends Sept 1, so I may be unemployed after that unless we get in another job, and I really can't look for something new when I need the end of Sept, beginning of Oct off. Hopefully if I get laid off it won't be until after we close on a house .

LBH - Just a quick comment on the CC debt thing, I know for me I didn't learn my lesson when my folks bailed me out the first time I got in over my head, but when I had to work really hard to bail myself out I've stuck with it for 5 years now. It may seem harsh, but even you said you had to do it yourself the last time. Why is it we all seem to have these stories?

Juldiet - I don't know about a cut back in CC applications I get 2-3 per day!!! The unexpected joys of applying for a mortgage I don't look at them so I'm not sure what the rates are though. Glad you enjoyed the lawn mowing, my lawn's pretty dead since I don't water it, we're hoping we do better next time.

Pyria - Have a great busy weekend .

BFB - GET YOUR HINNY BACK TO WW!!!! Of course I need to take this advise myself . Congratulations on getting back on the exercise wagon, I really need to do that myself.

Rabbit - Congrats on getting back OP!! How did WI go? Was it better than you expected?

Well, I've got to go get K's dog so they can show his house again. Here's wishing I was in the UP with RR.

- Tech

Last edited by TechAlum; 08-03-2001 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-03-2001, 04:15 PM   #19  

hello everyone .

BFB - Super that you are not giving up! I'm with you - I refuse to quit! Good luck at your weigh in.

Jul - Hope those shows go well for you in August and September. And I agree - mowing is a great workout!

Karen - good to hear from you.

Lauren - I think it's great dh won't ask his parents for help. It speaks well for him that he wants to handle it himself. And yes, yes, yes on paying off the highest rate cards first! I love accomplishing something like paying off debt - you feel so good about yourself.

Pryia - do you have a gym in mind that you want to join this fall?

Tech - glad to hear those invitations are practically done and hooray for closing on your house! Weigh in was not pretty.

Have a super weekend everyone!

RABBIT
Old 08-03-2001, 04:36 PM   #20  
Working on Weight loss!!!

HEllo all!!!!!

Tech--What a beautiful place!!!!We took the kids on the lighthouse tour last weekend and really enjoyed the drive around Lake Superior...IT was a little chilly there-in the 40's and I was never able to go past my knees in the lake!!! I think those kids were polar bears in another life to be able to swim in that cold water!!!We ate lunch in the Tech cafeteria a couple of times. Refmans friends have a camp right on Portage(sp) lake so we went boating and swimming alot.(indoor pool at the hotel!!! )We brought Refmans friend some good La redbeans and spices!!!Now what is up with the pasties???????Yuck, I think Refmans family was gonna disown me cuz I wouldnt look at them much less eat them at the Pastie Picnic!!!*L*I even went to the Houghton-Hancock School Reunion!!!!Out of the 20 family members there for the reunion, 12 were engineers of some sort from Tech....Talk about organization---I made them nervous with my carefree Southern attitude!!!!I bought some beautiful copper Christmas ornaments for souvenirs..We walked every day from the hotel to the campus and over the bridge to Hancock... The weather is soo pleasent in the summer--I would not be able to handle the cold in the winter!!!!!

Speaking of credit card debt...I rented my house and had to charge the carpet, paint etc...What I do is trade off with 4 cards..3 have 0% interest and I just transfer one to the other after paying off a little and never pay interest..U have to only do it with free balance transfers or U will never get ahead...When I get to the higher interest, I close one and reopen another..The only thing u have to check your credit rating on occasion to make sure the accounts are closed or U will have "too much open credit"
I told Refmans that we had to get a grip now and slow down on our "playing". It was almost 2K to fly with the kids to Michigan and another 1K for car and hotel..We had just spent $$$$ on the honeymoon in May, and then both of us crazy fools bought new vehicles after building that room for the cats...Life is too easy to dig into a hole if U let it keep going!!!!

Well, the dieting has to get better... I really started watching the food and counting points this week..I think I feel better eating right than wrong..I get really moody when I feel "fat".
Take care all,
Have to run!!!!
Vicki

Last edited by RoadRunner; 08-04-2001 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-04-2001, 01:11 PM   #21  

HI EVERYONE.

Hope you're all having a great weekend. I wanted to post my mileage - I'm at 509.8 miles. Exercise is one thing I always do. Now to conquer the latest eating challenge . . .

RR - sounds like you had a great vacation with the family!

I can't believe it is August! Ds goes back to school in a few weeks. It will be strange again to have him leave.

Enjoy the summertime all!

RABBIT
Old 08-04-2001, 05:40 PM   #22  

Helllo DIva's!!!!
I am getting ready to go to my class reunion!!!Yeah I am not single still for this one!!!!!!!
The weather has been really strange and cool and windy here..I guess Barry is helping that out but I think he can stay away from my neighborhood!!!!!
Well, so far OP-but will eat before the reunion so as not to pick on the wrong foods. Since attempting a shot at motherhood, alcohol won't be a problem for empty calories soo things should be fine!!!!
Has anyone ever listend to Eva Cassidy's music?...Great music..Unfortunately she died at 33 of bone cancer before her music was released but it is definately worth listening to if U like Blues..A friend at work gave me the CD to listen..

WEll off to bathe,
Take care and have a great Saturday night!!!
Vicki
Old 08-05-2001, 10:36 AM   #23  

Good Morning!!!!!See ya on the new thread!!!!!
Closed Thread