Old 10-31-2005, 06:46 PM   #31  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Congrats Melissa on the 6 lb loss. That's great. Your switch to WW is really paying off for you. Keep up the good work.

Just want to say great pics of everyone's children. They all look awesome in their costumes. Just a quiet night at home for all of us. I think if my DD ate candy I would probably take her out. I definitely would if I was back in my hometown in Iowa. I can trust alot of the houses that I go to. Here.. well I just really don't feel that comfortable taking her out. I'm probably over protective. Just rather be safe.

Michele Glad to hear you had a great time at the party. Of course dancing burns off those nasty calories. FIL has a Halloween party every year but we usually don't go. DH hates the crowd. He is a bit people phobic. Even though most of the people he knows or they are family. What's a girl to do? I can't even get him to call Domino's for a pizza. Or get the door. I guess he is just a hermit at heart. I don't know what he is going to do when he actually meets my family for the first time. Yes.. he has never met them. We've been together for almost 6 years. I just hope he doesn't clam up when he meets them. They can be a weird bunch.

mamabear272 Congrats on the loss. Great job. Keep it up.

ChristianI have to admit. I am not one for driving in big cities either. I guess I would rather just be a passenger and get to where we are going. Luckily, I have a DH that insists on driving anyways. Works for me.

RRGreat idea of putting the candy in little brown bags. Out of sight out of mind. If you can't see it, less likely to eat it. Personally, I think I would have to buy candy that I didn't like. Otherwise I would probably rip open a bag or say oh no.. there's a rip can't pass it out.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Halloween. Take care all.
AnnieFannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 05:05 AM   #32  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!! We survived the candy!!! I am bringing it all to work and getting it out of the house!!! We had soo much fun just walking around the neighborhood!!! Lots of people gave out toys and toothbrushes so that was better than candy!!! Now..it is out of my hair and into someones elses hips!!
DD ended up choosing Winnie the pooh
Have a great day all!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 11-01-2005 at 05:12 AM.
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 06:42 AM   #33  
Michele

Oh what fun it was last night to see all the little ones dressed up and running around. I had a good time with all of them.

Annie: Oh my. DH has never met your family and you've been together for six years? Wow! Are you planning on introducing them soon? Lol! That's wild. Oh btw, I love all your avatars! Too cute.

Well it's off to sleep for me while all the normal people are getting up to start their day. I have to get up early to go to the gym again. For some reason it's easier for me to get up and go before work. On my days off, I have no ambition to get there. You'd think it would be the opposite. Oh well. Nite nite.

Michele
CowgirlPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 08:06 AM   #34  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

OK, let's see if I can catch up!

Michele, night shift, huh? That sucks!

RR, Cutie! We ended up switching costumes also. Robby went as a Bumble Bee last night...figured it was warmer for him.

We didn't get very far around the neighborhood, Peter got pooped out pretty fast. Just 1/2 a street...maybe 10 houses? He's got a cold, or sinus/allergies, so the cough was acting up in the cool air and he was huffing and puffing up the stairs eventually! Poor kid, he was soo excited once he realized that he really was getting candy! He would say, "That was such a nice lady", after we left houses!

Lisa, Hope you're hanging in OK!

Robby seems to be doing better today. I have been giving him PediaCare and Zyrtec and that's helped a lot! If both of them could just kick this whatever it is, I'd be thrilled!

Trying to stay out of the candy, but having a hard time. I bought a bag of candy I don't like to give out, in case anyone came. Mom bought a few bags of chocolate! What is she thinking?! She's not. I think DH took it to work though...whew...
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:20 AM   #35  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Too funny Lauren! He probably thinks all the people just give you candy when you go to their houses!

Well I survived last night without eating all the candy (I did have one inside out reeses-those things are the devil!). Anyway, Ricky went to the few houses arund ours (he's only 12 1/2 mos) and Bryan went three streets. I will have to post pix when I get them loaded on to the computer. The trick now is not to eat the chocolate (that's my weakness). I'm gonna be strong though and remind myself that I just lost 5 lbs and that I don't want it to find me again! Someone else can have it! Gonna spend the day cleaning and burn some calories. TTFN
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 04:13 PM   #36  

No time for posting yesterday - too hectic.

Today I met with my trainer and he did a new weight lifting program for me. And I could do everything even with my arm problem so I was happy about that.

We only had 10 trick or treaters last night - that's about typical for us. I put the remaining candy bars in the freezer. I have used all of my flex points on candy this week.

Melissa - Yeah on the loss!

Norissa - great Halloween pictures!

RR - Loved the pics of your little one also.

Molly - hooray for your loss!

Christie & Norissa - I live about 30 minutes on the other side of the river.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:41 PM   #37  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I got a job!!!! I'm soo excited!! I went to a new recruiter yesterday and they sent my resume to the client and they want me! It's temp-to-perm, but that's OK. It pays almost 8K more than my last job while temp, and probably a little more once it's perm! WooHoo!! They want me to start Monday. The best part is it's across the street from DH's office, in the same corporate park! The worst part is, they want me to work either 9-6 or 10-7, my choice. I told the recruiter to please find out if I can do 8-5, becuase that screws up my commute and my daycare closes at 6. He's gonna get back to me.

So now I get to go clothes shopping for new clothes because it's a professional dress code, no business casual. Went to Avenue tonight with mom and got one outfit. At 80 something dollars I'm in total sticker shock and will be desparately searching the clearance racks for the rest of the week!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:04 PM   #38  

RR.. cute costume!

LBH.. congrats about the job! Do you have a Sims by you? I got some very nice professional clothes there on sale.

Good job to everyone for keeping out of the halloween candy! We have 4 bags left that I need out of the house!
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 08:28 AM   #39  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Rabbit- Three people from Missouri on one board??? Love it I usually cant find anyone online anywhere near me

LBH- Congrats on the new job! Have fun clothes shopping, I always find good deals on the clearance racks...I am a bargain shopper no matter how much money I have to spend ....I make those pennys stretch

Valerie- I am left with lots of candy too....got any cute kids living near you?? If not just ration it out ..it will be gone before you know it...or give it to kids in your family, they always love that
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 09:02 AM   #40  
Husker Girl

Hi All!
Have been gone for a couple of days! We had Monday and Tues. offf. I was here at school getting some things done.....so guess I had a working break?! Did save the afternoons for some much needed me time and very much enjoyed doing things like grocery shopping that I don't usually get to do by myself. Sounds silly but I sure enjoyed it.
Loved all the cute pics. Glad to hear that you all had an enjoyable Halloween. My boys had a blast.....now if we could just get all the goodies to disappear. One lady passed out books instead of candy...loved that.
It's great to come back and read all the wonderful posts.....Congrats to all for all the fatastic things that have happened in your lives and hope many more positives come your way!!!!
Have a great Wednesday!
Husker Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 09:14 AM   #41  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Good Morning ...

Lauren - CONGRATULATIONS !!!! I hope that they will work with you on your hours I am so happy for you !!!

Husker Girl - No it isn't silly ... I can totally relate about grocery shopping by myself ... (sometimes I find myself walking around the store aimlessly LOL) And we also have way too much candy in our house ... it rained here and we only hit a few houses ... but they still made a haul !

Rabbit and Christie - WOOHOO More Missourians ! We live about 30 miles south of downtown St Louis ...

Happy Wednesday to all ... I hope that everyone has a great day !
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:52 AM   #42  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Almost to post a pic of the girls It didnt turn out good but they sure looked cute
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Girls.jpg (11.1 KB, 25 views)
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:07 AM   #43  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Morning everyone. I just love seeing everyone's children. Gosh we a great bunch of kids. Oh so cute.

Lauren: Congrats on the job. That's great. I am still looking but I am not finding a thing. I am thinking I am going to have to go on Welfare. There isn't much money left in the old bank account. I am getting so stressed. I caught myself snacking on DD's chips. I feel like I am such a failure. Grrr..

Ok.. On a happier note I thought I would share a picture of my kids. Well, 3 of them are mine. Katie is actually my 14 year old niece. But she always went places with us and I would claim her as mine sometimes.

Have a great day all.
AnnieFannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 12:45 PM   #44  

woohoo - I made it through yesterday without using any flex points.

It was great to start a new weight lifting program this morning. I got up at 5:15 AM so I'd have time to do it and ride the bike. I feel energized.

Lauren - Congrats on the job!! Hope you get the hours worked out as you need them.

Norissa & Christie - No, I live on the OTHER side of the river - in Illinois. Probably about 30 minutes directly east of downtown.

Husker - what a good idea your neighbor had with giving out books.

Christie & Annie - what wonderful children!

gotta run.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 12:58 PM   #45  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Rabbit - Sorry ... LOL I must have misread that
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote