Old 10-25-2005, 11:56 PM   #16  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Yup... I can so relate to that type of sabotaging. I can be doing well on my plan and then something gets triggered in me and I just start doing poorly. No exercise, no water, and bad eating habits. And then I wonder I haven't lost any weight. I did lose 22 lbs and maintained 213 for the longest time. Just recently I have lost 3 lbs in 3 weeks. I guess for me I am happy for everyone's losses but I just wish I could see a 5 lb loss in a week. Yet I know it's my fault. This has been a bad week for me so far. I am definitely going to be seeing an increase on the scales. I can just feel it. Unless something drastically changes before Sunday. Ok.. enough rambling. I am off like a prom dress. Should really get to bed. Have a good one all.
AnnieFannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 09:55 AM   #17  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Annie,
Quote:
I am off like a prom dress

Husker, Annie & Norissa had a couple good ideas...stickers and putting a reminder note on the jar for yourself.

Norissa, Job front is not good. There's been nothing good on Monster.com for almost a week now. I'm pretty frustrated now.

Phan, Congrats on the awesome loss!!!

RR, I didn't realize they changed the name of Asthma.

I keep forgetting to WI. Maybe I should move my nice new scale out of my mom's kitchen and into my part of the house?
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 03:16 AM   #18  
Gonna Be Gorgeous!

Default Hi all! I'm new here.

Hi everyone! I'm new to this website and was excited to see a forum for 30 somethings. I am starting my diet in Saturday (I think) and hope to get some support from this group. I am a 37 year old stay at home mom. My member name is my son's name and yes...I am a female. Don't let the member name fool ya! I hope to lose 75+ lbs. No excuse for my weight gain except that I don't have any conscience when it comes to what I eat...if it tastes good, I'm gonna eat it! Hope to get to know you all.
GeorgiePorgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 09:49 AM   #19  
LBH

Hi "eddie"! I hope we can be good support to you!
Old 10-28-2005, 09:57 AM   #20  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi Eddie! Welcome. I'm a stay at home mom too! How old is your son? My son is 2 1/2. I find it hard to diet as a SAHM. The food is always right there. I've been doing pretty well, except for the past couple of days. UGH. LOL. Halloween and it's treats have gotten me in trouble. I'm glad it is almost over.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 10:04 AM   #21  
Gonna Be Gorgeous!

Default Hi Karen

Hello! My son is 8. Maybe SAHM is misleading. But...I am a Mom and I stay at home. Anyway, I do volunteer in his school and when I'm not doing that I do all the other Mom/Wife stuff...cook, clean, errands, etc. I agree with the downfall of having access to food ALL THE TIME. I think that's why I have gained so much weight! Anyway, like I said, I hope to start my diet tomorrow (tomorrow, tomorrow) and be able to make it through the holidays. Please keep in touch.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:25 AM   #22  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

"eddie"

I am a sort of SAHM ...LOL I have a almsot 9 year old, an almost 6 year old, and a 4 1/2 year old ...What I mean about a sort of SAHM, I babysit 2-3 other kids 3 days a week ... So I am stuck at home with FOOD most of the time, on my days off I try to do something fun with my 4 year old just to get out of the house ... LOL

Glad to "meet" you ...
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 11:32 AM   #23  
Gonna Be Gorgeous!

Default Thanks for the warm welcome!

Hi Norissa. Your kids are beautiful! I only have one son. My husband and I have been married for 20 years, since we were 17 and 18 years old. We waited 12 years to have our first child (on purpose) and he is a real blessing. Such a sweet little guy. Anyway, I look forward to talking to you and all the other ladies on these posts. As I mentioned on my first post I hope to start my diet tomorrow (the HORROR!) so I will REALLY need some encouragement when I do start. Talk to ya soon
Old 10-28-2005, 11:46 AM   #24  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Hi Eddie. Welcome aboard. Glad to see ya join us. I know what you mean about starting a diet. That four letter word is such a bad word. When I decided to start losing weight, I tried to look at it as not a diet, but as eating healthier for a more happy me. I look at it just as a lifestyle change to a happier and more healthy me.

Just take little steps at a time. Start out gradually. I started by giving up regular soda. At first I found it hard because my DH drinks Coke on a daily basis. But I opted to having a diet soda if I really felt the need to have one. Gosh.. it's amazing to think that I actually like some of the diet sodas out there. I am down to maybe having one diet soda a week. I have had a Coke Zero in the fridge since Monday and have yet to touch it.

I had to realize that I had to learn to cook separate meals for me and my family. He is very picky so he is definitely not going to willing to eat what I need to eat to lose the weight so I now cook something for me and something for them. I don't really mind it at all. I actually enjoy having more veggies, fruits and other meat besides beef all the time.

Just hang in there and remember it's just a lifestyle change. And you need to take it day to day.

Annie
AnnieFannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 01:04 PM   #25  
Gonna Be Gorgeous!

Default Stupid question...

Hello again! I have seen in some posts the initials "DH" and "NSV". What do these stand for?

Thanks Annie for the warm welcome! I look forward to talking with you in these forums.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:17 PM   #26  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

eddie - DH = Dear Husband

NSV = Non Scale Victory

Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 03:30 PM   #27  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello Eddie,

I'm Lisa and I am a college student that is graduating in 204 days from today. (Not that I am counting) I usually am sporatic writting on here, only because my classes take up so much of my time. I am taking 15 credit hours this semester and I will be doing the same next. My trouble is that my classes are at odd times and sometimes I have to eat on the run. I try to pack, but sometimes I dont want what I packed at 10am for dinner. I am at school this semester from 11 am to 10 pm.

Well, speaking of school, I am off to study.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 03:37 PM   #28  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Red face

Hi Eddie! I am new too. Just started a few days ago. My biggest problem is not what I eat (although that could use some work)but HOW MUCH I eat! I am trying so hard to get out of the "eat what's on your plate" syndrome that we were all brought up with (at least I was!). I need to eat more veggies and less convenient food. Anyway...LOL welcome to you!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 04:13 PM   #29  
Husker Girl

Hi all!
Haven't been around for a couple of days. We had P/T Conferences Tues and Thurs nights. Made for really long days. Today we had our "Fall Parties" (can't call them Halloween Parties but they were fun nonetheless). Needless to say I am ready for the wkend. Thanks for all the great ideas for my candy jar.....have let up and only allow myself one Tootsie Roll a day....guess I can't quit cold turkey. Weather will be nice here this wkend so am planning on doing alot of walking. Hope you all have a wonderful wkend and a safe Halloween!!!!!! What do you all give the Trick or Treaters that come to the door?????
Husker Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 04:20 PM   #30  
LBH

Hi All,

Husker, Funny that you can't call it Halloween. We don't usually give anything, because we live on a main drag and don't usually get any kids. I usually get one bag of candy, just in case.

Not having too bad a day here, but not great either. I am drinking more today...water!