Old 08-29-2004, 09:55 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Week of Aug. 29th**

Hi All,

Hope everyone's having a great weekend! Not too bad here, kinda muggy and gross, but at least it's sunny. Got my hair cut yesterday, feels sooo much better. I put a bunch of layers in it, which I haven't done in years, and it's soo much more bouncy! He used the diffuser when he dried it, so it's all wavy, almost like a perm! Amazing!! I'll post pics when I get a chance.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 10:53 AM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning all,

We are going to see the Wiggles today!! Sure shope Alex enjoys it. Right now he's watching Rolie Polie Olie with the same rapt attention he usually gives The Wiggles. Hmmm.

Hope everyone is having a super great weekend!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 04:05 PM   #3  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Afternoon!!!
I am totally motivated to start moving and losing again!!! There is a "lighten up " campaign and I am going to be the team captain and recruit people..I will post a neat conversion for excercise "mileage" http://www.dhh.state.la.us/offices/p..._infosheet.pdf Scroll to the bottom to find it..
Hope it works!!Karen-hope Alex enjoyed the Wiggles..Kaylee loved it..I cant wait for the "family concerts:" to start comming again because she will enjoy them soomuch more..
Lauren-Post pics of the haircut!!
have a great one..Off to finish up stuff..I bought K's new shoes yesterday..she is in a 6.5 A...Such a skinny expensive foot every 3 months!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 06:02 PM   #4  

hello all!

RR - I am in the mood to lose again also. August was a crazy month for me and I'm happy to be home and to be working the plan again. I had set a labor day goal for myself and I think I am exactly where I was when I started. I'm thinking of setting a Thanksgiving goal. I will see people then that I don't see often and that's always a good motivator. Whatever works!

I'm so out of touch with things like the Wiggles!

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 07:01 PM   #5  
No description available.

Hey guys~
I stopped posting what I ate on the journal because I had some stomach bug and was doing good to function these past few days. Nausea and absolutely no appetite. Bleh. Right now I am just trying to rehydrate myself...

I am ready to start back with eating healthy and exercising too. I really want to run tonight but I think that I need to let myself recover totally.

I hope you all had a great weekend!

Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 09:23 AM   #6  

Good Morning Chicks!!

I hope everyone had a super great weekend. The Wiggles were great, they would have been even better if we had made it there in time and hadn't missed half the show! I would just like to send out a cyber THANKS JERK to the lovely man who sent us the wrong way on 95 when we were lost. The directions on the website were awful and DH didn't tell me until we were on our way that he didn't know how to get to Walt Whitman bridge. AAAAAYYYYEEEE. It was OK tho. We got there in time for Quack, Quack which is Alex's favorite song.

Eating was awful the end of the week. Got back on track yesterday and hopefully I can do well again today.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:56 PM   #7  
No description available.

love the wiggles!! jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 05:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Getting back on track today - if you can't turn things around on a Monday, there isn't much hope. Trying to get organized at school. I have been leaving the kids with my mom for an hour or two here and there while going to school and getting organized. I have to travel from room to room and and use rooms left empty by other teachers on their prep. I used to have my own room, but am now low man on the totem pole after switching to 1/2 time. We have new books this year, so I have new lesson plans to make. Lots and lots to do and not enough time in the day.
morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 09:01 AM   #9  
LBH

Hi All,

Morrigan, what do you teach? Or what grade?

Karen, glad you all had fun at the Wiggles! I really wanna go see them!! I'll have to watch for more dates. Peter would have a blast, I think. How long was the concert?

I joined a gym last night. My mom has been going to Spa Lady for years...well, she's been paying for years, but goes sporadically. Anyway, she's been on this diet through some dieticians and she's lost about 40 lbs. now. She promised herself and them that she would go back to exercising when she hit 30 lbs., and she's been doing pretty good. She goes to the pool there and does the aquacise classes. So I asked her if she would split the cost of a 3 month membership with me. They were having a special that ends today of 199/3 mos. I figured if we're going together, it'll be more motivation. We did a class last night and it was fun, kind of annoying after awhile, because the instructor was kind of annoying, but overall OK. "Wee Willie" musta thought I was going nuts with all that swishing around!! I'm going to try and go at least 2-3 times a week.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:42 AM   #10  

Hello ladies. It's amazing what the kids like now-a-days. Four grown men singing silly songs and it sells like hotcakes! Well, as long as the kids enjoy it. I suppose i'll be subjected to it when I have kids.
I've been having a major sweet tooth lately so i'm fighting that. Plus I haven't been to the gym in a week. Oh well. I guess we all go through our dry spells. Good luck to all the chicks like me who are committed to losing this weight. America is just getting too fat and we must stop it! Happy Tuesday to you all.
drummergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 08:48 PM   #11  

Hi guys,

Drummer: I'll take The Wiggles over Barney, Teletubbies or Poobah anyday of the week! If I have my way Alex will never know the others exist!! (Thank goodness for Tivo.)

An ok eating day here. We have some guys working on our driveway and I was so busy running around getting permits that it was 3 before I had time for lunch so I had an apple and a banana. I got in one big glass of water but it was nowhere near enough. I'm going to try to get in another one before bed. Well, I was. I see it's 8:45. I'd be up all night going to the bathroom. Oh well. I'll try to do better tomorrow.

Lauren: The concert was 1 1/2 hrs long. The second show was sold out. We were going to try to exchange the tickets but they said no. The show was pretty cool. Captain Feathersword was singing "Quack, Quack" like Bob Dillon, Mick Jagger, Cher, and someothers I can't remember. Even DH was cracking up he was so funny. He was flying around the stage at one point and the little kid beside me was totally awed. He was adorable. He thought the Capt was really flying!

I hope everyone is having a great week!
Old 09-01-2004, 08:15 AM   #12  
LBH

Karen, I totally lust after Captain Feathersword...OK, I admitted it!

DG, I'm impressed that you know who the Wiggles are since you don't have kids!!

Went to the spa again last night. There was no class, so we just bobbed around the pool on our own. Had the whole thing to ourselves! Mom did a little bit, but not much, her knees were really bothering her. I did mostly arms & legs, but not a lot of jumping around. Felt good though...it's more than I have been doing...which is zilch!

Have a great day all!
Old 09-02-2004, 02:31 PM   #13  

Hi guys,

Not much going on here. We are hanging out at home while we are having work done on our house. I now have Alex's bug so eating hasn't been that much of a problem. Trouble is, you get hungry. You eat. Then you feel like **** and spend an hour in the bathroom. I skipped lunch, I might have a V8 later.

I tried Alex on chocolate soy milk today. He took one drink and wouldn't drink anymore. I put it back in the fridge and I'll try it again this PM when he gets up. The pedi really wanted him on milk for the protein. I was only giving him whole milk every other day or so because of the eczema.

I"M BORED!! I've forgotten what to do with myself. Now that Alex is actually sleeping in his crib, I'm at loose ends. I actually got my needlework out last night and started working on it again. Woo hoo!!

I hope everyone is having a great Thursday!!
Old 09-03-2004, 06:07 AM   #14  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!
Karen--We are on 1/2 whole milk and Nestle Good Start 2...She still gets the gastric probs with plain milk.She has a ear infecction and back on antibiotics..
Of course, the milk doesnt do anything to help those tantrums!!
Hope U R feeling better!!! She has grown 1 inch and lost 1 lb since 18month checkup...

Hope all is doing well...Work is going great..Just really busy..Now I am the team captain of our states "Lighten Up" campaign and monitoring everyones excercise and eating..It is making me eat correctly!!!!
TGIF!!!!
RR
Lauren--Hopefully it is the pg hormones talking and U really dont think the captain is sexy!!!
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 11:02 AM   #15  
LBH

Hi All,

RR, cute pic! I need to take Peter to a petting zoo, he'd love it! Nope, not PG hormones, I LOVE the Capt..have you seen Wiggle Bay...his butt in a wet suit?! Had my 22wk. appt. w/the MW this AM. Gained 4 lbs., but I'm only up 10 lbs. total. She was pleased. Everything went great, heard his little heartbeat right away. Going back Oct. 7th, then I have to the glucose tolerance test and some other B/W. I'm not too concerned, it was 80 with Peter!

The president of our company closed the office today for a 4 day weekend!! We just started a new project and got everything done a day ahead of time, so that was our reward! Too bad I still had to get up for the MW appt. at 7:30! But it was OK, because I got my windshield replaced finally and went to DMV to renew my registration. Have to go through inspection, but I realized as soon as I got in line that I didn't have my current insurance card with me!! The one I had exp. 3/04!! Oops! So I had to come all the way home and now I have to go back!

Karen, Glad you've got a little extra time on your hands! I didn't realize (or forgot!) Alex had excema. Are you sure it's not a milk allergy instead? Have you gone for testing? I remember reading that a lot of babies that have milk allergies also have soy allergies. Hope he grows out of it soon!