Old 05-20-2014, 09:49 PM   #151  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Oh, bummer. I know what you mean, RVAscreenwriter. I have come a long way from checking my weight several times a day; when I first started I was so paranoid about what I ate and how it affected my weight! Now I'm ok with once a day but I focus on the weekly weight in because it fluctuates a lot from day to day and I don't that to bring me down.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:07 PM   #152  

No scale at home for me either. I feel like I would also be constantly weighing myself. Trying to focus on how clothes fit is great advice!
Stars0245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:07 PM   #153  
On my way to -70

Hello ladies! I was 172.0 this morning. Not too good but then... I don't really pay much attention to the daily weight ins. Especially if they're high. Hehehe!

Stars - I wish I could do the clothes thing. I still surprise myself putting on something I haven't worn in a while and find out it's very loose, but I just need that weekly numerical reminder that I'm on the right track. I hate numbers, I hate math, I suck at anything number-related. But the scale... it's my best friend! LOL
Old 05-21-2014, 04:48 PM   #154  

Lol Pauli--I am with ya hating math stuff!!

Was in town at my parents for a bit this morning so of course I weighed myself. Still holding out at 172, but that was with heavy jeans and my shoes on. Without the jeans and shoes it said 169! Trying not to be too excited about that yet. I might have a chance to weigh myself again sometime this weekend so we shall see what that brings.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:45 PM   #155  
On my way to -70

That's awesome, Stars! I can't wait to be in the 160s! We'll see how/when/if that happens.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:00 AM   #156  

Hoping to offically be in the 160's some time in the next 2 weeks. We shall see what happens...
Old 05-22-2014, 11:58 AM   #157  
On my way to -70

Me too! I was 172 again this morning but I'm not stressing too much about it. I needed go to #2 for a while (sorry, TMI hahaha!) and that was holding me back. I know I'll get back on track and be there in two weeks or so.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:53 AM   #158  
On my way to -70

171.6 this morning. Maybe I'll be down a few ounces by Monday and have made some actual progress, maybe I won't. Not stressing too much about it. :-)
Old 05-26-2014, 12:16 AM   #159  

171 for my "offical" weigh in this week. Happy with it!
Bought a pair of sz 12 capris today!! Yay! I havent fit into a sz 12 in probably at least 8yrs!
Old 05-26-2014, 12:51 PM   #160  
On my way to -70

173 this morning. It absolutely does not sound right because I was 171."something" yesterday morning.

The deal is that I'm 7 weeks pregnant (that's why I've been like "it's not a big deal if I don't lose next week"), and yes, I'm perfectly fine with maintaining that number while the baby's so tiny in the first weeks. But I'm SO not okay with starting to gain this early on. I found out three weeks ago that I'm pregnant and I've been a wreck with my eating, especially this last week, because I have no idea how to have a healthy pregnancy. For my first pregnancy I ate for two (I was dumb enough to think it would all magically disappear after childbirth) and was left with 20 extra lbs after she was born. Fortunately with my recent weight loss I am under that weight. And with the second baby I was so overweight (191.4) that I simply could not gain any more weight. And I didn't gain much; after I had my second I was left with 7 extra lbs. Not too shabby. But with neither one of them I put any effort into eating healthy or "just enough," and here I am: trying to control my crazy-carb-cravings that I get every pregnancy while still being able to indulge in them so I'm not miserable 24/7, and at the same trying to not pack on "non-baby lbs."

You get my conundrum. So today I'm pretty depressed and unhappy; the hormones don't help. The number on the scale doesn't help. The fact that I cannot give in and eat all the carbs that I would like doesn't help... I mean, believe me when I say that I become the Cookie Monster when I'm pregnant! I want cookies, and pizza, and bread, and sandwiches, and subs, and pasta on top of pasta, on top of pasta. Granted, that's how I ate pre-lifestyle change, but it got crazier when I was pregnant. And now I am working REALLY HARD to get VERY LITTLE of that, which makes me an unhappy pregnant lady.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:34 PM   #161  

Congrats on your pregnancy!!!

I too was a carb eater, esp. when I was pregnant. I ate pretty much whatever I wanted and how much I wanted. Im sorry i dont have any advice to offer you about it all except that just maybe eat some of what you want but just smaller portions?? Also keep as active as you can. All in all just know that once the baby is born you can and will getnthe weight off again. Congrats again!!
Old 05-27-2014, 09:07 AM   #162  
On my way to -70

Thank you, stars!

So yesterday after feeling sorry for myself while I posted here I decided to get it together and do what I do best: fix the problem.

And I went online and researched calorie consumption during pregnancy. I had researched before but apparently I did it in such haste that I mixed things up and was doing everything wrong. I'm not supposed to up my calorie intake yet; that's supposed to happen in the second trimester. So whatever craving and madness goes on in my head and my tummy, I'll have to control it and keep it within my current calorie budget (1200-ish). And I did yesterday, and I summoned the balance to get on the treadmill and I walked briskly for a mile and jogged for a another mile. It felt good and I didn't get lightheaded (which was my main concern about getting on the treadmill). And this morning I'm starting new. I'm back to the saddle and I'll work around this pregnancy shenanigans.

Today I was 172.4 (only 1 lb more than last week, 1 lb less than yesterday). I'm back on track. I don't give up easily, and gosh, I HATE feeling sorry for myself and doing nothing about it.

Have an awesome Tuesday, ladies!
Old 05-27-2014, 08:46 PM   #163  
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

Just under 180, very happy as its very close to my goal weight - happy to extend my goal weight to get to 170 pounds eventually.
noshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:09 PM   #164  

Noshoes-welcome! Way to go on being almost to goal! That must be a great feeling!
Old 05-28-2014, 08:32 PM   #165  
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

Yes it is, thank you Stars0245.
Happy to lose more if it happens but I have done it easily so far so I will continue.
noshoes is offline   Reply With Quote