Old 04-21-2014, 10:07 AM   #61  

Height: 5'6"

Hi, everyone! It's the day after Easter, and I'm feeling a bit guilty... SIGH. My day started out pretty great with me hitting the gym and pumping some serious iron (for me, anyway). My husband even went to spot me on the bench press, which was totally awesome. Love that guy. Also, I weighed in just to check, and it turns out I'm 175.5? I weighed myself on a different scale that time I found the jump up to 179... Which scale is right? <shrug> Don't really care.

Okay, I ate well after gym with protein, an awesome shake with tons of spinach...

Then we headed over to my Tia's house. Oh, crap. Between our front door and leaving hers at the end of the day I think I ate 2,000 calories. OHMYGEEZ! I'm trying not to be too angry with myself about it, but I can't really justify my major disregard of my goals, even for the sake of family fun on a holiday.

Did anyone else eat too much? Or were you all good? I hope that it's the latter!
RVAscreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:41 AM   #62  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Make sure to always stick with the same scale. Every time I go to the doctor it adds like 8 lbs to my weight and I hate it but I try to ignore it. I'm going with the weight my scale at home is showing.

Easter was ok, I didn't eat candy or anything. And with two kids at home there is still plenty of candy! But I don't want any either.

I'm still disappointed that Friday and Saturday the scale was showing 176.6, and 176.4... and then yesterday it went back up to 177.6, and it hasn't miraculously gone down overnight for my official weight in today. So my weight today is 177.4. Boo to that!

It's still almost a lb. down since last week, though, so it's something.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:34 PM   #63  

Hello everyone! Can I join in? I am new to this forum (this is my 1st post) and looking for some friends to post with. About the last week of Feb I started eating less/watching my portion size because I wanted to fit more comfortably into a dress I bought to wear on vacation we took the last week of Mar. I started at 196 and and happy to say as of yesterday I am down to 179! That was before eating way too much Easter goodies but I am working hard to try and make up for it this week! I dont have a scale here at home but usually weigh myself at my parents home when I am there which is about once a week. Oh and I am 32 with 3 kids ages 6, 5, and 1. I do in home daycare so most of my exercise is chasing kids instead of "organized" workouts. Trying to make it fun and get the kids involved has been working ok so far. Anyone else have no kid free time for workouts?
Stars0245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:46 PM   #64  

Stars - Welcome! We're happy to temporarily have you join the crew! ;-) The 170s are tough to bust out of for a lot people, but I'm sure you'll blaze your way down to the 160s at the rate you're going! Congratulations!
Pauli - Good for you for keeping to your clean eating habits and avoiding that candy The weight variation for you is a bummer, though. At least you've made some progress!
For me, I recognize that there are the variations you get from one scale to another, so I'm going to stay true to the one at my gym. At least that'll keep me sane.

I've resolved to get back to my cleaner eating normal, and am doing really great, today. We just got the Magic Bullet, so I made an awesome snack shake with soy milk, tons of kale and spinach, some frozen berries and a Splenda packet. It was pretty good.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:51 PM   #65  
On my way to -70

I try not to pay attention to my weight fluctuations throughout the week, and only consider the ones on weight-in days (Mondays). Still it was pretty disappointed not to be 176."something" yesterday. And then at night I kind of blew my budget eating healthy stuff, but still eating more than I should.

Now I'm watching it and hoping to get on the treadmill more often this week so I can be at 176 next week for sure. Finals weeks make me very anxious and it's hard for me to curb those cravings! Geez. So friggin' annoying.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:42 PM   #66  

ugh ate more candy last night! Still stayed within my calories for the day but barely. oh well can't change the choices I made yesterday and today is a new day! Feeling tired today but trying to stay active outside with the kids. If I am lucky Dh will be home in time for to take a long walk kid free tonight.
How are you ladies doing today? Is left over Easter candy hard to resist for any of you also? What are some things you do when you are wanting to eat some?
Old 04-22-2014, 05:36 PM   #67  
On my way to -70

That's the attitude! That's what I told myself last night when the damage was done "oh well, what's done is done" and went to bed.

Tonight treadmill it is for me.

And yes, Stars, those Robin Eggs are taunting me. I ate two pieces and that is is.

Last edited by Paulitens; 04-22-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:18 PM   #68  

My husband and I were soooo tempted to eat the leftover Easter candy, but we made sure to give it to my baby cousins. Thank goodness that stuff is gone!

I have been doing really well with cleaning eating since Sunday - I'm quite proud of how I was able to jump right back into what I was doing without giving in to the slew of temptations which abound during the holidays. Now, to stick to my guns...
Old 04-22-2014, 07:44 PM   #69  
On my way to -70

Way to go, RVAscreenwriter!

I just had a delicious dinner consisting of too much fat-free chicken breast sauteed in mandarin sauce, and salad. That chicken was too good! I ate like 8 ounces of it. But now I'm full and I know I won't feel like eating crap for the evening. LOL.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:02 PM   #70  

RVA, way to go on giving the candy away! Thats what I would do if my children wouldnt hate me for it lol

Paulitens, eating just 2 pieces some good will power!
Old 04-22-2014, 11:49 PM   #71  
On my way to -70

Thanks, Stars! For most of the part I have been rocking this "will power" thing. It's so unprecedented I'm amazed of myself.

Seriously. I am not even joking.

I just got on the treadmill. Not much, just 2 miles over 40 minutes tonight; I have a bad knee so I cannot really go too crazy with that.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:12 PM   #72  

2 miles is great!
I did 30min on the eliptical. I dont like that i never know for sure what distance i put in on an eliptical. Plus i dont trust how many calories it says i burned but i kept my heartrate up above 120 so thats got to be somewhat good?? I am clueless about exercise stuff lol
Old 04-24-2014, 10:03 AM   #73  

Keep patting yourself on the back, pauli for the willpower stuff. It cannot be undervalued!
Stars - good instinct on mistrusting the eliptical. That machine doesn't know you! Consider getting a fitbit or something like that to measure your calories, if calories burned is a measure for you. I've heard that they're great.

I have decided not to weigh myself until the 30th, just so I won't drive myself nuts! I do have good news on the progress front. Not only has strength training really upped my stamina since I started, but despite the scale staying the same, I can fit into a white skirt I haven't been able to wear in like, three years! I used to try it on and it would fit, but I'd look kind of lumpy, or my butt would look cellulite-y. Not today! I'm super-stoked. This is the kind of progress which is most important to me. Darn it if I don't want to look good!
Old 04-24-2014, 01:03 PM   #74  
On my way to -70

Stars - I don't know how much we can or we should trust those machines when they tell us how many calories we burned but for example, since the treadmill is the only kind of work out I'm doing right now, I'm going by what it's says. It's kind of my constant. I might not burn exactly what the machine says but that's my only source of information in terms of calories burned. I don't know... I know it's not accurate, but I go by it anyway because I don't have 100 dollars to spare on a Fitbit. :S

RVAscreenwriter - you're right, it is undervalued! We wouldn't be where we are without will power. Doesn't it feel awesome when you fit into old, small clothes again? I'm there with my size L tops, which is a lot because I was XL to XXL when I started. But I won't stop until I fit in my small tops again.

Today I got on the treadmill for like 1.5 hours. It's a lot and my left knee is killing me now. It was a bit of an angry work out because yesterday (again) I blew my budget and when I was ready to work out at night my little one woke up with a fever, threw up all over me, would not go to bed on her own, and ended up sleeping in our bed. Needless to say, she slept but mommy and daddy didn't, and I had still blown my budget... so today while she napped I got my sweet revenge. Maybe if my knee feels better tonight I'll do round two. I need to be 176.0 next Monday, and darn it, it doesn't feel like it's going to happen.

Last edited by Paulitens; 04-24-2014 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:16 PM   #75  

Ugh weighed myself today and still the same, nothing lost this week I think the easter candy is partly to blame! Might have to throw some of it away. At least I didnt gain but still bummed. Maybe I will make up for it this next week and lose extra?? A gal can wish right??

Hope you all are having a good Friday!