Old 05-04-2014, 11:19 PM   #91  

Thanks!
Stars0245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:07 AM   #92  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

174.2 this morning for my official weight in. Halleloo!

Last edited by Paulitens; 05-05-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:35 AM   #93  

Thats great! You will be out of the 170's in no time!
Old 05-05-2014, 10:19 AM   #94  
Hi there

S/C/G: (HW 215) 208/T/145

Height: 5' 5"

I'm here! 178.5 this morning! I'm hoping to sail right through this decade!
SunnyMathChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:22 AM   #95  
On my way to -70

Stars - YES! Hopefully I'll be out in 3-4 weeks. I'm losing about 1+ lb a week but tonight is my last day of school, so I will be able to work out some more on a daily basis and maybe that will boost my weight loss. I don't want to get my hopes up, though. LOL.

Good luck, Sunny!
Old 05-06-2014, 02:00 PM   #96  

Im here! I'm 38 and I LONG to see the 160's again which is pretty funny since when I was younger the 160's were my highest weight ever. This is obviously before kids. Now that I have had 3 kiddos and the youngest is a nursing toddler, the 160's sounds awesome! I have been jumping between 170 and 171 for about 3 weeks now. I also started weight training about 3 weeks ago so I assume its not a coincidence. I hope I see the 160's soon. I was in the 180's for MONTHS though. I guess it's good, I am going for sustainable long term weight loss and I know that my body seems to need to adjust to a new weight before I can move down. I blew through the 170's in only a couple of weeks though. But ever since then Ive just been hanging out at 171 or 170. It's a little frustrating. My size 12s ALMOST fit, they are just a bit too snug but my 14's are loose. And my 16's are now way too big. yay!

I try to eat only when I am hungry and stop when I am satisfied. I try to eat healthily but if I want something sweet or not as healthy I will eat it, but carefully and consciously and usually only one portion. I also do 20 min on my elliptical about 3 times a week, and weight training on alternate days. My biggest struggle is emotional eating.

I also use an awesome app called Two Grand. It's like a twitter for food intake. You take pictures of everything you eat, you have followers, people can like your meals. It's awesome. It has helped me cut out random snacking because I have to take a picture of it and sometimes even emotional eating because Im like do I really want to take a pic of this and post it? And am I even hungry? It's been very helpful.

Last edited by Pinkhippie; 05-06-2014 at 02:33 PM.
Pinkhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:44 PM   #97  
On my way to -70

Hi Pinkhippie! Welcome to our humble thread!

I had never heard of Two Grand. I'll check it out... sounds like something fun to keep track of your food intake. I do LoseIt but it's pretty uneventful (it's effective though, so it works for me).

I was 174.6 again this morning. I ate like an elephant yesterday... LOL. But school is over and I submitted my final research 8 minutes before its deadline, and now I'm back to a more regular, stress and anxiety-free routine. I'm back!

Last edited by Paulitens; 05-06-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:49 PM   #98  

Thanks for the welcome Paulitens!

I forgot to mention about the Two Grand app. you can follow people who are at your goal weight so you can see what their food intake looks like. It has really been helpful for me in that way too.

I had loseit for a while on my phone but they didn't have as many items with calories as mfp so I stopped using it. I liked it though.

Eta: I went and checked out lose it again and I have to say its a lot more fun than my fitness pal. I like the icons and how it remembers what you logged earlier.

Last edited by Pinkhippie; 05-06-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:02 PM   #99  
On my way to -70

I started using LoseIt a long time ago, like in 2010-11 so I'm used to it by now plus it "remembered" all my old foods, my weight, activities, etc. When I started watching my weight back in January I tried MFP because I had heard good things about it but I just couldn't figure it out and I don't have much patience with apps; if I don't understand them right away I delete them. LOL.

Well, go figure, after a crazy few days of too much eating, I'm done with school and I kind of lost my appetite. I'm woozy, too. Probably because I've only eaten 350 calories all day.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:15 AM   #100  

Height: 5'6"

Yikes, Pauli - eat something! But, congrats on finishing school! That's a great weight off of your shoulders, I am sure.
Pinkhippie - Welcome! I'm sure that you'll be down to the 160s in no time at all! I am also weight training, and believe that I might be getting past the plateau between gaining muscle and losing fat which has been resulting in no movement on the scale. I'll check today while I'm at the gym, also since TOM ended yesterday. I love going back to weight training, and encourage you to stick with it!

I have seen some progress, which is my good news! Last month on 04/04 my measurements were: 38" bust / 32.5" waist / 40" hips. Today, my measurements are: 37" bust / 31.25" waist / 40" hips. YAY! I'm so excited. I really want to fit into a pair of size 10 pants again before I attempt swimwear. It's that time again, you know?

For Gap pants (which are the ones I usually buy for work), the measurements are: 29.5" waist / 40.5" hip / 23.5" thigh. Wish me luck!
RVAscreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:03 PM   #101  

Thanks for the welcome and the encouragement RVAscreenwriter! Yes Pauli I hope you ate something. I had a day similar to that yesterday too and I felt awful most of the day and ended up snacking more than I wanted to in the evening. But at least I finally felt better.

yes I will definitely keep up with my weight training. I love how strong it makes me feel and I love to feel myself getting stronger. My clothes fit better and I can see the muscles in my arms and legs and I really like that too.

I weighed in today and I am at 171 on the dot. sigh... Its also TOM so Im hoping once that goes away things will go down.

I don't have much of a waist no matter what my weight is so my waist is still hovering at 33. Im hoping the weight training will help that go down as well. Good luck RVA!

Last edited by Pinkhippie; 05-07-2014 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:23 PM   #102  

I would love to do a but of weight training at some point in time but right now I dont have any weights or access to any of that kind of equipment. Plus not sure i would be abke to find a good time for it where I would keep it up. Maybe this next fall or winter I will try to work it in.

Pauli-yay for being done with school! I can understnad how the end of school would mess with your routine and eating a bit. But you will be back on track in no time! Eating toomlitle always makes me feel sick and shaky, I really hate it!

Welcome pinkhippie!

I have not been measuring myself. I really wish I woukd have when I first started. Maybe I should do it now?
Old 05-07-2014, 02:52 PM   #103  

Curious....what size jeans do you ladies wear? I know all brands run different and such but in general whats your size.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:54 PM   #104  

Forgot to answer for myself lol
I started out in 18, now 16 is a bit loose but comfy if i have a belt and 14s are about perfect.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:55 PM   #105  
On my way to -70

RVAScreenwriter -- I did end up eating some. I still am in a little funk, but I'll go back to normal soon...

I started with pants size 14 (a little on the loose side, I fit on 14 but I didn't like the muffin top so I went up one size), and I think I'm on 12 now. I don't know exactly. With tops I was XL-XXL and now I'm a L. That feels great because I carry most of my weight on top.

Pinkhippie... 171!? That's SAH-WEET! I know you might be disappointed but it's a great number from my perspective. LOL. I can't wait to be in the 160s. I was 174.0 this morning and I was stoked. Hope to see 173.0 on the scale next Monday.

Stars -- Are you in school too? Who of all of you is in school now? Or am I the only dorky one? LOL.

My jeans size is 12 I think. I can't wait to get to the single digits. When I was skinny I was a 40 in Argentina, that probably translates into a 10 here so I don't think I'll ever go to the single digits unless I starve myself. It's weird because my top loses and gains weight fairly easy but my hips and legs always look kind of the same.

Last edited by Paulitens; 05-07-2014 at 03:56 PM.