Old 09-30-2012, 11:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268/163/155

Height: 5 foot 6

Default WTF seriously where have i been ?

so i just joined 3fc yesturday but have been on my weight loss goal for 51 days today! started at 268 now at 248!
i signed up for the 30 lb by new years challenge and of course am excited to weigh myself tomorrow !
but i decided today to do something i haven't yet and that was measure myself. i got out my measuring tape and had my bf measure all my parts. and i was shocked !
i never really new how big i actually was, sure i new i was chubby and all but maybe i just became really good at angling the camera for pics ?
after he measured me i sat on the couch with the measuring tape in my hand and measured out a 50" circle on it and realized that was my waist. then i continued with looking at how big my arms and calves and hips and bust.
and i wounder to myself, when did i gain all this ?
i cant believe how i didnt feel it going on but i can feel it coming off.
after taking 4 hours to sit here and wounder how i was so oblivious im back in the real world and knowing unless i make it go away its all here to stay.
failing isnt an option for me! i have a 10 year old special needs daughter who depends on me to take care of her and i have my wedding next october and my goal is to be tankini hot and sipping fruity drinks with a hot pool boy on a beach for 13 days to enjoy my year of hard work and effort lol.i can picture myself on that beach and its NOT with all these lbs on me.
all u ladies who read this i apperciate any motivational advice, and i would really like to read your success stories as well as what didnt work for you.
Kymish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:51 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I remember, vividly, the day I finally took measurements. Like you, I had already lost some weight. I was just utterly shocked. It actually discouraged me quite a bit.

But I'm so glad I took those measurements (wish I'd have taken them at my heaviest!), because I do them monthly now, and it's a great way to measure (pun intended) my success. Sometimes I look at my thighs and think they are so huge still, but I look at my old measurements and see they are SIX inches smaller. Or I look at my belly and wonder why it's still so fat; but then I look at my measurements and see I've lost over ELEVEN inches off that belly!!! And then marvel at losing over 3 inches around my neck (I never knew I had all that to lose around my neck). It definitely won't be long before you are reveling in those inches lost!

You mentioned you didn't notice it coming on, but you notice it coming off. I think that's because it's not as though we are TRYING to put it on, it's kind of a side effect of our habits. Whereas when we are taking it off, it's intentional, and we are looking for the results of our hard work.

I've lost 78 pounds since December when I had my 2nd child; 62 of it since the end of March when I seriously started losing weight after facing a 13 pound regain after I stopped breastfeeding. All 220 pounds of me, in March, was my own fat, not baby weight, and I was miserable! I'd fawn over old pictures of myself at 145 pounds, and then I'd cry. Then I decided that I needed to stop feeling sorry for myself because I had done this, and I could undo it. So I just jumped in head first!

You are doing great! And you have a wonderful attitude. You will have great success if you just keep on doing what you've been doing!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 268/163/155

Height: 5 foot 6

Thanks LockItUp i apperciate the motivation !
and good for you with ur loss so far !
yea IRL their is almost 0 motivation around me. except for my future mother in law whos a size tiny and keeps bringing over baked goods, the more i lose the more she brings its like she purposely wants me to fail. she hates me and before it bothered me but now i figure her loss cause i am awesome!
Kymish is offline   Reply With Quote