Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 09:16 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Cool Flex Talk #17

Time for a new thread!

Here's a place where we can discuss Flex and WW, as well as issues of our everyday lives. New Flexers are always welcome, so please join in, to give and get support and encouragement on your weight loss journey.

Flexers that attend meetings, At-Home Flexers, and anyone just curious about Flex are all welcome here.

Here is the old thread if you need it:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153747
Old 11-17-2008, 09:32 AM   #2  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

I'll move this over to the new thread...

modkittn~ Baby bump!!! YAY!!!
kestrel~ is your DH in the navy? Have you thought of other ways to communicate, like writing a letter every day so after a couple weeks you are each receiving a letter every day. IDK, just a thought.

REALLY, REALLY bad weekend for me food wise. My goal is to turn everything around and stick with the plan this week. I was going to get up this morning and work out, but I could not drag myself out of bed this morning. Again with issues of getting out of bed early in the AM. How do you do it?
Old 11-17-2008, 11:09 AM   #3  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Kim - Sorry to hear you're having a bad week food-wise. And I'm no help with getting out of bed early, that's an area I'm still struggling with.

And yes, DH is in the navy but he is on a submarine so there aren't regular mail drops to & from the boat. If we're lucky we'll get 1, maybe 2 times that mail goes to & comes off the boat. So I'll just keep writing him the emails, even though I know he won't get them, and then I'll print them all out and send them to him whenever we are told we can send something. Ugh, I'm just whiny about it because I miss him and my kids are having a hard time, sorry about the complaining, ladies.

But, I'm still managing to stay away from the junk food. So that's a step in the right direction. And I hit my first 10% mini-goal today, so that made my day.

eta: Oh, and I'm now considered overweight instead of obese by my BMI. I've never been so happy to be overweight in my life!

Last edited by kestrel; 11-17-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:54 PM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Good afternoon ladies! I had a crazy weekend, but I was able to see a TON of friends that I hadn't seen in a while. The funny thing? ALL the boys were rubbing my belly and talking to it and only one of the girls did it. It was really cute though! Oh and I felt the baby for the first time on Friday!!!

Jaime - How about a post every now and then to let us know how you are doing?!

Kim - I couldn't get up this morning either, but then I couldn't sleep last night and didn't get to bed until 2am. So I slept in and woke up around 8am, but then I felt sick so I stayed home until I felt better and I JUST got to work. I didn't want to waste a whole day though!

kestrel - Complain all you want, it is totally understandable! I hope you get to hear from your husband soon. on the BMI!

Last edited by modkittn; 11-17-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:52 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Mod - I would feel like an intruder, I am on Core! Well, I was on Core for a week (and lost 4lbs) before I got myself off track - so while it's been a month or so since I switched this is really only my 2nd week OP. Anyhow, for now I'm just around to moderate, but I read you guys' posts so I can keep up with you too!

Old 11-17-2008, 03:21 PM   #6  
Make it to the moon...

kestrel~ vent all you need, totally understandable... kudos to being able to focus on still eating right! Congrats on the weight loss and BMI!!!

Long day, but have done well food wise, goal is to keep it going. I've been super tired all day, so I'm really going to have to force myself to make dinner rather then just order out.

Will try again to force myself out of bed in the AM!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 03:57 PM   #7  
Laurie

Good Afternoon Ladies. I have been swamped here at work and from what I'm hearing it's going to last until the end of the year. I'm trying to decide if I should be happy about that or just ever so slightly a little put out about that. Guess it will depend on the day as to how I feel about it.

Kim - I can't drag myself out of bed in the early morning to save my life!!! DBF gets up every morning at 4:30 and you'd think that I would make myself get up when he does so I could get my workout in. But no all I want to do is snuggle down deeper in the warm blankets. Maybe someday I'll convince myself that it really is the smart thing to do but for now I'm having none of that!!

Mod - Cute baby bump. An old wives tale is that the baby will be born 5 months from the first time you feel it move. Something to think about.

Kestrel - Overweight instead of obese. Congrats on the losses. You're doing great!!

I have no idea as to what to have for dinner but I suppose I'll come up with something. Have to check out the recipe threads for ideas. Have a good evening everyone. I'll try my best to check in more often!!
Old 11-18-2008, 09:49 AM   #8  
Make it to the moon...

BF just had to have chinese food, drives me nuts with that as he always gets the fattening good stuff and I have to try and pick something with lots of veggies in it. Well, I failed and ended up getting my old chinese food. Guess the only bonus would be that the BF and I worked some of that food off
I've switched to making scrambled eggs for breakfast each morning to try and up my protein and see if I can curve my appetite a bit. I have been buying the two serving egg beater cups and microwaving them (sounds gross I know, but tastes good with ketchup). I've thought about getting an extra little frying pan and leaving it here at school (we have a stove in the teachers lounge) but money is tight right now, so I may just ask for one for my birthday or Christmas.
I was unable to get my butt out of bed once again. I have a feeling that when I see the gain tomorrow at my meeting I will be able to motivate myself a little better. Honestly I hope that I gain a bit so that my bad behavior does receive consequences. I'm not hoping for a huge gain, just something small to wake me up.
Having fun with the smilies

Last edited by KimL1214; 11-18-2008 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:06 AM   #9  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Good morning ladies! I am exhausted today. I need to catch up on sleep!

My gender/anatomy scan was finally scheduled - December 3rd! I can't wait

Jaime - Well drop by every once in a while. I miss you. Besides, we need to see how you are doing!

Laurie - Yes, be happy about it! DH just got his hours cut down from 40 to 32 a week. It is the nature of the business though (the company does upholstery for boats) and it is always slow this time of the year.

Kim - We got Chinese last night too! It was DH's birthday and he wanted Chinese. We didn't really get veggies, and when I got home with all the food I realized that I should have gotten some.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 172/160/150/140/135

Height: 5'3'

Hi everyone,
Just checking in to see how you are all doing. I am struggling with the same few pounds, so trying to do something different. I am trying the Wendy plan, and hope it will kick in soon.

Love reading everyones post...keep up the good work!
--Reece
Old 11-19-2008, 10:29 AM   #11  
Laurie

Good Morning Ladies. I WI tonight and I am really looking forward to it in a weird twisted sort of way.

It's cold here - in the 20's at night and 30's in the day. I guess it's to be expected in mid November. Just because I don't like doesn't mean it's going to listen to me!! Sort of like kids at times huh?

I'm off the 3 days before Thanksgiving and am hoping to finish up my Christmas shopping. I'm not cooking dinner this year - DD can't make it up and DS is going to his in-laws so I think I'll throw some chicken or steaks on the grill and have a small dinner with DBF.

I'm just sort of rambling here. Things are quiet right now at work so thought I'd check in. I'll try to get back here later. Be good to yourselves!!
Old 11-19-2008, 11:27 AM   #12  
Make it to the moon...

chiquita623~ getting cold here too with a few inches of snow
modkittn~ Do you think the baby is a boy or a girl?
Reece~ keep working at it, sooner or later they will drop!

So far so good today, I think I may have found what has been adding to the nauseousness. I'm lactose intolerant, but normally can have a little fat free milk with my cereal in the AM. Well, today is the first day I have had cereal (I've had eggs the last two days) and I'm starting to feel icky.
I did great all day yesterday and then bombed at dinner time as I worked at the restaurant and just HAD to have the special (BBQ pork). At least I got rid of the bun, as it was supposed to be a sandwich. But, I had a grilled cheese when I first got to work, so there was no reason to have the pork.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:42 AM   #13  
Laurie

Good Thursday Morning Ladies. I hope you all had a good evening. I weighed in last night and I am down 2.6 pounds. I'm so thrilled with that!! Last Christmas I was at 175 and I'm hoping that I can drop another 5 pounds between now and then to get down into the 170's. Yep, that's my goal. I've written it down and posted it for the world to see so now I have to stick to that. Ideally I'd like to get back to 175 though. Baby steps - it's just that I don't want to set myself up for a disappointment.

I'm still having trouble figuring out how to use my points throughout the day. I either have a few left over at the end of the day or I've gone over by a few at the end of the day. I just can't seem to find that sweet spot where I've used exactly 22 for the day. Oh well, my leader told me that maybe I should be eating food with more points instead of trying to only use low point items. So I guess I'll have to look through the menu thread and the point book and see what else I should be eating.

Oh well, enough about that. I better get busy. I'll check back in later. Be good to yourselves.

Last edited by chiquita623; 11-20-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:05 PM   #14  
Make it to the moon...

chiquita623~ Congrats on the loss!!!

I unfortunately did not do so well last night. As I suspected, I gained, A LOT!!! I'm really mad at myself as I saw a 4.4 lb. gain. Who gains that much in one week??? ARGH!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:37 PM   #15  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning (or afternoon, for those of you on the east coast) ladies!

mod - How exciting getting the ultrasound scheduled! I know the days before then are just going to crawl by. Do you have any gut feelings on the gender?

chiquita - Congrats on the 2.6 lbs!

Kim - Sorry about the gain, I know that has to be really frustrating.

Just keeping on keeping on here, not really anything new.
Closed Thread