Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #526  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Ross! We'll see how this week goes, because I'm craving all the chocolate and nachos thanks to the PMS monster, lol.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #527  

S/C/G: 200/190/135

Height: 5'6"

Coffee- I hear ya. I have been all over the place with my eating. I already foresee struggling this week. I'm off work for spring break and I do my best at work because I am so busy I hardly think about food. And my mom is in town. So that is a double whammy. I am going to have to go hard next week though before I find myself posting in the 190's board again! Lol!
Old 04-09-2013, 08:50 PM   #528  

Hey Ross - no worries. I just had Chinese food tonight. And it was so worth it We tried a new place up the road, and while it was a little pricey, it was excellent quality. I was good though, and only ate half - took the rest home.

Now, I'm wondering when I'm going to eat it now that I've had my bad-for-me-food for the week, lol.

I'll make sure that I run for 20-30 mins tomorrow. Tonight it's pajama time.

How are all the 180s chicks doing?
Old 04-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #529  

S/C/G: 225 / 177.2 / 140

Height: 5'4"

Hi chickies! I haven't checked back here in nearly a month. Things just got very hectic for a long while. I don't remember if I responded about all of the kind words shared with me after my cat passed away. I truly appreciate every one of them. I miss her but we are welcoming our home to a new kitty this evening. I'm hoping for an easy transition for all of us!

Weight wise, I am on a 3 pound loop. I hit 185 on 3/15 and have gone up and down from 189-185 since then. I've definitely splurged, but not enough to actually gain 4 pounds. My body fat % has gone up too, so it's not a matter of gaining muscle. I guess the blissful beginning of the year when I was losing weight regardless of what I ate is over. I've been training for my 75-mile ride by starting to commute to work again. I've done that twice in the last two weeks. I have to balance it with weight lifting since I only have one more workout for Stage 2 of NRoL4W (well 1.5 half since I had to split today's workout in two parts). We also went for one long ride lately which was 32 miles. I felt pretty good about it, not too sore or anything, but my pace was slower than I would like. But still 75 miles is double that and then add another hour of riding! I have 5k's scheduled for 4/20 and 4/28....so I'm keeping busy!

186 today...so maybe I can get down to 182 still this month? I love this board but I'm ready to join the 170s crowd. How's everybody else doing today! April 10th is 100 days into 2013
Old 04-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #530  

S/C/G: 198/171/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone. I haven't visited the Chicks forum for 5 months and in that time managed to gain 16 lbs. So now I am at 181 and had been feeling bad about myself - really frustrated at how I keep sliding back.

But today I'm hoping will be the start of good things - accountability by keeping up here, working out, and trying to watch what I eat!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:31 PM   #531  

Hi gretel - Are you running or biking? 75 miles - wow that's a long ways. Good job by commuting to work. I'm sure you'll drop those pounds in no time.

Hi Faunaflora - Here's to the start of some good things! I'm hoping we can keep this thread going, as some people already have transitioned over to the 170s group. talk about motivation, right? By the way, what kind of weight loss plan works for you?

Glad to see you ladies! Let's keep each other motivated

Last edited by coffeeshopgirl; 04-10-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:15 AM   #532  

Hi Faunaflora - Here's to the start of some good things! I'm hoping we can keep this thread going, as some people already have transitioned over to the 170s group. talk about motivation, right? By the way, what kind of weight loss plan works for you?

Glad to see you ladies! Let's keep each other motivated [/QUOTE]

Hi Coffeeshopgirl, great name! At my lowest I got down to 155, but then gained 10 back and stayed at 165 for a couple of months... I was working out pretty intensely (6 days a week, ~90 minutes a day). I was eating more healthily but not calorie counting.

The problem with that is I've been traveling a lot for my work for the past few months, so I've not been good about working out and eating right and once I let it slide too far, just completely stopped exercising and watching what I ate.

I am going to try being more conscious of what I'm eating and try to cut out the bad stuff from my diet and see what happens, and go back to trying to exercise as well.

Yay for motivating each other!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #533  

Sounds good faunaflora!

I know what you mean - once you take one or two days off, the rest just falls by the wayside. I've taken off the past few days due to long hours at work and having errands to run in the evenings. And today - I'm exhausted! I'm staring at my elliptical wondering if it's good to push through it or resting is the better option.

Ah well, I'll letcha know tomorrow!

TGIF!!
Old 04-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #534  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeshopgirl View Post
Hi gretel - Are you running or biking? 75 miles - wow that's a long ways. Good job by commuting to work. I'm sure you'll drop those pounds in no time.
coffeeshopgirl - I'm biking the 75 miles. I'm training to do both, but haven't signed up for any sort of dual events. So far 5k is the longest distance I've run, so 75 miles sounds unbelievable...except that I know there are things like ultra-marathons that exist. And thanks for the encouragement! Shocker here - I followed my calorie guidelines and the weight is coming off again!
Old 04-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #535  

gretel - your biking impresses me!

After a kickstart involving working out and watching what I'm eating, as well as shedding some water weight because of my period, I'm teetering now at 179. I'm still going to hang out here for awhile until I stop fluctuating above 180, and you guys seem great

I'm about to join a new gym on Monday, wish me luck!
Old 04-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #536  

Hi gretel - that's awesome that you're biking! We just found a new apartment that has lots of biking trails, so I'll likely do the same all summer. I'm pretty excited. How are you biking - road biking or mountain biking (or both)?

Hi Faunaflora - Yay for you getting down tot 170s. Glad you're sticking around for a little bit though because everyone else seems to be dropping into the 170s, lol. When you're ready to switch over, there are some really cool ppl in that group, so you'll be in good hands. Good job joining a new gym! I'm sure you'll love it. Are you going to do any personal training or fitness classes, or just make up your own routine as you go?

So, I'm back up to 184.2 today. I ate not that great this week, and exercises didn't happen either. I'm hoping a pound or two is due to my period which just started, so I'm crossing my fingers for that. I love it how life comes up - I worked mostly 10-12 hrs EVERY day this week, so it's no wonder I was exhausted. Still, I gotta push through it.

Cheers to a better week next week.

Glad to hear of your weight loss successes ladies!
Old 04-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #537  

Quote:

Hi Faunaflora - Yay for you getting down tot 170s. Glad you're sticking around for a little bit though because everyone else seems to be dropping into the 170s, lol. When you're ready to switch over, there are some really cool ppl in that group, so you'll be in good hands. Good job joining a new gym! I'm sure you'll love it. Are you going to do any personal training or fitness classes, or just make up your own routine as you go?
I am going to do the group exercise classes and when I'm not doing those, recumbent bike or elliptical or treadmill for cardio. I'm going to aim for ~60 min/day workout 6x/week but... life can get in the way so I'll be pleased with myself if I do 5 days/week.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #538  

Quote:
Originally Posted by faunaflora View Post
gretel - your biking impresses me!
faunaflora - Thanks! It wasn't that long ago that I couldn't even ride 4 miles to work! How do you like the new gym?

Quote:
Hi gretel - that's awesome that you're biking! We just found a new apartment that has lots of biking trails, so I'll likely do the same all summer. I'm pretty excited. How are you biking - road biking or mountain biking (or both)?
coffeeshopgirl - I have a hybrid bike now which is somewhere in between a road bike and a mountain bike. It's really great for paved roads with lots of potholes and hard packed trails. It's nowhere near as efficient as a road bike would be for distances. I was actually planning on buying a road bike, but I don't see that happening any time soon. I'm actually really afraid that 75 miles on my hybrid may be more than I can handle.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #539  

faunaflora - how's the working out going?

gretel - i cannot wait to get my bike out! your bike sounds pretty awesome

Today was another 12 hour day. Needless to say, I still managed to do 10 minutes on the elliptical and 1 round of kettle bells. I thought about skipping dinner, but then I thought better of it and got out my dinner.

I'm glad I followed through. Ugh, really tired now, lol. Happy Monday ladies!
Old 04-16-2013, 12:24 AM   #540  

coffeeshopgirl - thanks for asking, the new gym is great and my working out is going pretty well! this time i am dieting a bit more than i have in the past, doing calorie counting and trying to stick to ~1200 - 1500 cals per day. glad you followed through on your workout, go you! i'm going to head to the 170s forum as i think i'm safely there now.
Closed Thread