Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #541  
Faith of a mustard seed

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Height: 5'6

Have posted in about two weeks...but I'm down to 185! I'm so excited. People at work today actually said, "wow, your looking great!" So that just reboosted my motivation even further. So glad to be apart of this thread and watch us all move to the 170s!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #542  

S/C/G: 225 / 177.2 / 140

Height: 5'4"

faunaflora - i hope to join you in the 170s thread soon!

Gonna Get There Soon - nice progress!

As for me, I finally have dipped below 185 and weighed in at 183.8 this morning. I've been "stuck" for almost a month, so I'm secretly hoping for an even bigger whoosh come Monday. I really think that my 34-minute round trip commute by bike to work is helping me get off this plateau.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #543  

S/C/G: 206/t/150

Height: 5ft2

Haven't posted in a while....still in the 180s ... 187 to be exact...I've been cheating a lot...I'm getting refocused to lose the rest of the weight...
Old 04-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #544  

Boy I hear ya on this 180 range -

Man I hate this 180 mark. I have been at this wt (178-180) before several times in my dieting life. Also maintained at 178 for a long time in the past.... I wonder why this is doing this at only 3 weeks into the diet. How to break a MENTAL plateau?

First week.. -4
Second week -3.5
Third week -1.5 and 4 days into this week so far -0.0 ZERO ?!

Watching and weighing everything closely and drinking a bit more water and exercising 30 minutes a day. I find this diet easy to do so I am really

Way to soon to plateau but some how my body wants to stay at this weight.

I know sometimes you need to do a bit extra to break a plateau but not sure what to do on this diet... Any suggestions?
Old 04-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #545  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Hey there! Haven't posted in a while, but I'm down to 180.6 today!!

Gonna be joining the 170s soon I hope!!

Everyone keep up the good work
Old 04-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #546  
Faith of a mustard seed

That's awesome coffeeshopgirl! Man I can't wait to be there!....I got back on that stupid scale and it said I was 188.....it WAS 185 about a week ago......so I wonder if the scale was just having a bad day the other week and gave me a false reading. I haven't been the greatest at staying on track lately. I signed up for an April challenge. I'm not going to make my goal. This sucks. This is the first month where I've really kept track of my weight through my TOM, so maybe that has something to do with it. UGH. GOOD LUCK GUYS!! You ladies sound so confident!
Old 04-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #547  

S/C/G: 206/t/150

Height: 5ft2

185.8 woot woot... Half way there...
Old 04-24-2013, 06:44 AM   #548  

S/C/G: 200/190/135

Height: 5'6"

Ok so I am feeling really defeated about my weight and it is really frustrating because I know that the only person I have to blame is myself. I get so mad when I get in that scale and then I'm like oh well I guess you did drink a frapacino yesterday and who knows what else earlier in the week. But it's like I keep shooting myself in the foot. My freaking husband pissed me off this morning and I wasn't able to work out so now hats a bust. I am mad at the scale but I am also bad at myself. Why can't I just get it together! I almost feel like I psych myself out because if I am completely strict with my diet and don't see the results that I want then I am like well at least I enjoyed myself a little bit. I don't know. I am completely ranting but I am just so mad that I am still in the 180's! I love y'all but I want out of here! I'm so tired of being fat. Ughhh sorry for the rant
Old 04-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #549  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Hey ladies!

GonnagGetThere - Good job sticking with it! Tracking your weight through TOM is rough - I can easily go up 4-6 pounds. And, you totally want comfort food! Ice cream is my downfall. Thank goodness for the mini size blizzards at Dairy Queen, lol. I was never good at the monthly challenges; i just had to take thing one day at a time. Don't stress - you're going great

DDRSHL - I know what you mean about the mental plateau. I feel like I'm losing weight slower than a snail runs a 5K. Stick with it though - it'll come. What worked for me was cutting out 200 extra calories from my resting (basal) metabolic rate - I would google BMR calculators and see where you fare if you're interested. But, I kept that up for about a month and dropped 10 pounds...then I went on my honeymoon and got right back to where I started, lol. Ah well, such is life, right? Good luck You got this!

qtee - Good job! keep up the good work!

Ross - I hear ya hun, I hear ya. I've been stuck here forever as well. Part of it is that I'm happy with my body - I'm not too flabby, not extremely fit - and overall I wear my weight well. Plus, I work long days all week. Not sure what your schedule is like, but having time to relax is imperative to weight loss. Realistically, we don't always have that much time. It's almost as if losing weight is like a full time job, and most of the time, life and family and "me" time take precedence. Don't be so hard on yourself, especially is you're generally happy with your health and fitness level. Also, if you're not gaining, then you're def doing something right - yay for that stabilizing metabolism! Keep your chin up

Hi to anyone I missed
Old 04-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #550  

S/C/G: 200/190/135

Height: 5'6"

Thanks coffee. I know I should see things on the brighter side. I just get so frustrated and then I know that the frustration stems from my own choices and that is frustrating! LOL. I too work hard and a lot and my job is exremely stressful and a lot of times drives me to mindlessly snack just to get through the next task. I know that excuses are tools of the incompentent but ughh. Anyways I am goign to snap out of it and be thankful for the progress that I have made and hopefully get myself together to make some more.

HOw is everybody. Its been quiet(sp!?) it took me like four tries to make sure I spelled that word right. YOu know how sometimes simple words just don't look right! lol don't judge me! I don't like it when I come to look for updates and nobody has posted. I love reading you guys updates and chatter.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #551  
Faith of a mustard seed

Default didn't meet challenge

Well I didn't meet my April challenge, but oh well. I'm still going strong. I'm actually getting to the point that I am ENJOYING exercise. I feel soooo much better the next day! So, that too is awesome. I love looking at myfitnesspal because at the end of the day when I'm finished logging, it will say "if everyday were like today you will weigh such and such in 5 weeks" And now that such and such is in the 170's!

Ok time for the bad/good news: I'm quitting smoking on the 10th. Thats good news I think. Bad news is WEIGHT GAIN!! I'm sooo scared. It almost makes me not want to do it! I'm really going to need some support with that.

Keep at it ladies!
" It takes more energy to rest and get back up again than it does to just KEEP ON GOING"--- Me
Old 05-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #552  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Oooops . . . this thread has passed the magic limit of 500 posts.

Would some clever soul start the new thread?
Closed Thread