Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 03:09 PM   #436  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

itsmy, thanks again. I hope the visit with your parents goes really well. I am praying for the funds for you to get everything you need. I also hope you get "me" time on the eliptical.

hi to everyone else!

we have rain chances again, and I am just praying for the rain.

Last edited by jendiet; 09-20-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:14 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 247.7/224.3/155

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone!

Today is my husbands birthday, I have been busy the past 2 days shopping/decorating/meal planning. Just wanted to stop in to say hi, and wish all of you a good day/night. I will catch up on the thread as soon as I can. I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:29 PM   #438  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Jen - We don't get rain very often here either. Too bad really cause it cools things off a ton and feels so good...smells good too

Transforming - Happy birthday to your hubster!!!! My DH's birthday is in 5 days He is going to be 46 He has requested an all football day, no dealing with kids' appts, meds, or cooking... just football - and that will be his present, LOL!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #439  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

jen - glad you made some headway with your chores. Also glad to hear you have a renewed outlook on your journey. You WILL have success. I have faith in you.

transforming - Happy Birthday to your DH!!! I hope he is enjoying his special day.

ItsMy - I hope your DH enjoys his football birthday, LOL! He sounds like my DH...doesn't ask for much, just a little peace and quiet. Can't deny him that on his birthday!

As for me - scale is holding steady and/or bouncing up and down a couple ounces here and there. No complaints since I had a big whoosh last week. Another NSV day...two people at work commented, jokingly with pride for me, about the need for new pants (yeah, it was getting really bad!) so I stopped at the store tonight and picked up two new pairs and a couple new tops. I kept reaching for size 14s because I was a 16 at the start of my journey and to me, 14s are small. But then I remembered that I'm wearing 14s and they're too big. I reluctantly picked up the 12s and scoffed at the idea, but brought them to the dressing room at my 7 year old's insistence. Every single one fit. Comfortably. And I looked SO MUCH smaller. Sometimes I don't feel thinner - I think it takes time for your brain to catch up with your physical weight loss - but looking in the mirror tonight, I could see a big difference. I'm a size 12. I can't wait to be a size 10.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:03 PM   #440  
~Star~

Dogdays... That is WONDERFUL!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! YAY!!!!!! That is a huge NSV!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 11:35 PM   #441  

yay dogdays! The few 12s I have are a little tight on me. I know what you mean to be able to be in the normal sizes feels good. Marilyn Monroe wore a size 12 you know?

itsmy, SOs b-day is tomorrow, he requested food. go figure. So I am cooking him his favorites. chicken livers--blech, and fried chicken.

I have been busy cleaning and walking around, but no formal exercise again, I feel like If I can get my EATING under control---the exercise will be next.

I was 190.2 today. So here's to hoping to breaking the 190s for GOOD.

Rain is still hovering around us..p-lease God let it rain GOOD.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:40 PM   #442  
~Star~

Jen - Food and sports sure seem to the be the way to the man's heart sometimes, LOL! Good going on just moving...that's exercise

Elliptical for me tonight... 20 mins and interval workout on pyramid for lower body. I talked to my mom for an hour tonight (the closer they get to the visit, the more she feels compelled to call), then hit the elliptical It felt wonderful and I watched a season premiere show while doing it. Hubster had a salad already made for my supper when I got home today... nice after being gone 13 hours... no cooking for me! Have a super night alll!!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 04:47 AM   #443  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Ladies ya'll can have our rain. We're not having lots of it but because the Rugby World Cup is on here we all want good fine weather and this weekend its looking pretty crappy.

Bad night food wise, I started the day so well and then by the time the day was over was too beat to cook. But I'm not sweating it too much because I've been to the gym twice this week and I figure as long as I'm not gaining its all good. Still I wish I had made better choices because now I feel crappy -LOL- Junk food doesn't sit as well anymore.

Jen - chicken livers? OMG, really?? Gah, I can't even imagine eating that, offal just doesn't do it for me (then again I pretty much only eat chicken breasts and fish).
Old 09-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #444  
Queen of Wishful Thinking

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 5'6

Just a quick check-in...

Jen - Glad you're doing better again. I make chicken livers about once a week - my multivitamin, so to speak. The kids usually like it, DH not so much.

jitter - I hear you on the junk food - I pretty much always regret it.

ItsMyTurn - what season premiere was it? Anyway, you're doing great!

Transforming - hope it was a fabulous day for your DH

dogdays - very cool

AFM, not feeling great. Diarrhea has been back off and on, wondering if my "gut flora" really recovered from the stomach bug. I ate a yogurt this morning to try to help it out. Weight was up 3 lbs this morning (213), must be mostly water retention, probably from weightlifting yesterday. Ugh. Well, I'll get through today, and hopefully be better tomorrow.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:01 AM   #445  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone! Sorry I've been away for a bit. Life has been kinda hectic. Trying to get daughter motivated and she's starting to visit some potential colleges and stuff. Then of course all the new tv shows are back on. But still doing OP with my eating and exercising even though I did skip yesterday. The scale seems to be stuck however! I've been hovering around 228-229 for the past 2 weeks and I'm ready to see some movement there again!

Hope you all have been well. Looking forward to catching up on some posts.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #446  
~Star~

jitter - It's been really dry for a monsoon season here this year, so I would take the rain. Monsoon is done for this year though, just in time for my folks to get here. The last storm brought tornado warnings but all we got was a pool full of dirt, LOL!

2sw33t - It was the start of the season for NCIS. I love that show Needless to say, watching tv while on the elliptical also helps me pass the time and make it seem minimal - win win!!! On the elliptical seems to be one of the few times I get a chance to watch tv, so it's a treat for me. I am a news junkie, but get that on radio or in online newspaper. I hope the runs leave you alone soon. I have them chronically due to health issues, but when you are not used to them, it makes people feel very sluggish.

Geauxgirl - It sure does get aggrevating when the scale seems frozen, but stay with it and know that perseverence and drive can get you through any obstacle
Old 09-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #447  
Queen of Wishful Thinking

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 5'6

ItsMyTurn - I was watching the NCIS premiere last night too! Love Mark Harmon, but all the characters are great. I don't exercise while watching though - unless you count chasing the baby, lol!
Old 09-21-2011, 03:25 PM   #448  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Hey everyone. Glad you all seem to have settled into the week.

I had a bad day. I worked until past 11 last night and was back at it at 5. And then saw 8 clients today. Whew. And all that on about 700 calories. And no, the scale did not move. It might be moving through my 7th story window quite soon, however. Needless to say I didn't get to gym tonight and am heading to bed quite soon. So hoping to wake up to a massive loss! :-) And no, jitter, I don't mean the rugby - we're playing tomorrow!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #449  
~Star~

2sw33t - It was really good last night too I have to watch while I exercise or I don't have time to watch, LOL - my own fault, I try to shove as much as I can into a day. So, I do multi-projects... accomplishing 2 birds with one stone

momwannabe - Don't throw the scale out the window, but... if you take a pillow and start punching it to get out the frustration, that is actually exercising too! Sorry, had to. Seriously, just worry about staying on plan nutrition-wise and getting in those calories... the fitness can fit in when you are not quite so slammed with work schedule

As for me - My middle child went in for injections and draining of her wrist, elbow, and ankle today. DH is with her... we are hoping (even though they were behind schedule a bit) that they will be here and her out of recovery, in time to pick me up and bring me home from work Once there, help kids with homework, continue checking the schooling links I was given, then hitting the gym Should be productive
Old 09-22-2011, 12:00 AM   #450  

myturn, i hope she recovers from that and I am so glad your husband is such a winner and on your team.

sw33t, I believe in probiotics, keep building up that flora. One good thing is you will be cleaned out. I like that feeling--I'm wierd.

gg-what fun. I hope she picks the best one for her. keep up the good work and the scale will follow suit. The one time I successfully lost a lot of weight, I didnt' have a scale...that says alot.

jitter, I tend to believe a lifestyle that incorporates our occasional bad habits--is more realistic than a gung ho all or nothing--always perfect. We make mistakes...I think you will be fine.

Transform, I hope the b-day went great, and you had fun with it.

afm, the cooking went great, his mom came down to do something for school and ended up helping me to cook and she stayed long enough to see him on his b-day. I had a day though. lots of cooking and cleaning. RACKED up some mileage though---9.89 miles. I did alot of stuff holding the baby walking the baby...playing with the baby. I just got on the scale for kicks....because I am heavy with food and drink--and it said 191.8. I know I have more than 2 lbs gathered to me from today, so hoping for something below the 190s again tomorrow.

I went back to my not eating food until 5 pm regimen--I drank 2 cups of coffee, and 2 cups of tea today...before dinner. I had fried chicken, 2 TINY chicken livers--for the iron--and a cup of fried okra. I ate 3 chicken legs though---yum. I don't deserve the scale to be good to me, but maybe just maybe it will.

Considering I burned off dinner before I ate it, I don't think it harmed me at all.
Closed Thread