Old 06-29-2011, 10:48 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

cats, i see, i think you will see a better picture at a higher weight with the weight training.

Erin, i have never heard of that. I need to take my fish oil, but I get to the cabinet and think "do i want to taste yuk for the next 6 hours?" and i step back, will definitely have to try it. bouncing around makes you go on a an emotional rollercoaster which is why i avg my weights. I need 7 and i can post my first graph line.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:14 AM   #77  
Keeper of Useless Info

S/C/G: 220/199/135

Height: 5'8"

Aww, feel better, jen! Sickness sucks, but sickness with a baby is just cruel. Hope you're on the mend soon.

Just as an FYI, I took a pill called CitraNatal. It was covered by my insurance, but was still about $45 a month. But it had the vitamin plus DHA. I totally get the burp thing. Flax doesn't bother me, but fish oil does. Eww!!

Also, try taking the vitamins at night. I found the burp window had passed by the time I woke up at 7:30 or 8am (I got laid off right before I got pregnant -- nice timing, eh?). Also, when I only took them with water, the burp factor was higher than, say, Arizona Green Tea. FYI, COMPLETELY addicted to the stuff. Ah-mazing!

cats, I had my pooch (as I affectionately refer to that waste of skin and fat between my bellybutton and my bikini line) at all weight levels -- when I was skinny and 125 in high school and fat and 220 as an adult. My mom says it's genetic. Personally, I think that gene should be removed from the DNA strand. I did, however, manage to bedazzle my pooch with the tiger stripes from my pregnancy. Never thought pooch could be even less attractive, but I somehow made it so!
MissSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:03 AM   #78  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Erin I love your little cows!

Jen, hope I didn't give you my cold -lol- I feel crappy still, not helped by a lack of sleep last night with my 2.5yr old waking up multiple times crying due to growing pains.
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:31 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 295.6/ticker/140-130

Height: 5'3"

Saw the 230's on the scale today! My official weigh in day is tomorrow so here's hoping they stick around for tomorrow.... fingers crossed!
Erin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:24 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 221/179/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi All. I've been waiting for a 200-190 thread to pop up here for awhile now. I don't post much, but I do like reading everyone else's posts.
Here's a little of my story:
I had my daughter in 2008 and in 9 months I gained....wait for it....70 lbs. I was already 180 when I got pregnant, so let's just say the additional 70 lbs did not look good on me. I felt like a complete failure at everything, but then felt completely blessed at the same time that my daughter came out healthy and happy regardless of my failures at eating right and exercising.
Fast forward to now and I've lost about 50 lbs in almost three years. I feel as though this is an awesome accomplishment. However, lately, I've been gaining, losing and then regaining the same 5-6 lbs. I literally yo-yo between 194 and 200 lbs. I hit 194 about a month ago and now I'm just under 200 at 199.4 this morning.
At this point, I'm not really sure where to go next. I don't have time to exercise right now as I work full time and also have a small business that I run on the side. I literally go from my desk at work @ 5 oclock to my desk at home and continue working. I keep my calories between 1600 and 2000 a day on most days, but that doesn't seem to be doing anything. I'm struggling with finding a way to get in some sort of exercise, and the more weight I gain the more frustrated I get and tend to feel very defeatist and that nothing is ever going to change.
kimberlymarie30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:47 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 218/197/138

Height: 5'6.75"

I'm so excited about this thread. I'm sitting here drinking my chamomille tea with a new found zest for thinness. Yesterday was a bit rough on my ego, but today, I'm back on plan.

I am also following in IF (intermittent fasting) thread that has me pretty motivated. That got me thinking...What are all of you ladies doing for your "plans?"

So, here's mine:

Diet: IF coupled with calorie counting (1200-1500) and food journaling

Exercise: Lots of stairs-on purpose (2 story house), wii fit, walking-hopefully running soon, plain old floor exercises (think grade school PE class)

Goal gift to self: When I reach my first goal of safely under 200 (195) I plan on buying a new workout DVD.

How about you gals?
AmberJae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:59 PM   #82  

@kimberlymarie30, I too am having a terrible time finding the time to exercise. I have been yo-yoing from 202 to 205. It's so frustrating. I am a SAHM with only a 6 month old so you'd think I'd be able to do SOMETHING. But nope. THe days just go by and I have an excuse for not doing a darn thing. A lot of it is that my son refuses to nap so a lot of my daily energy is put into what I call the nap dance. I put him down, I pick yhim up, I feed him I put him down, I pick him up, I change him...On and on it goes until I realize the whole morning is gone and we are looking at afternoon with a very cranky little one and a momm that is still in her robe.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #83  

MissSea, i also have a pooch, and it was also bedazzled with my first pregnancy by stretchmarks. I also have a treasure trail down there to bemoan. So despite the treasure trail, the stripes, and the saggy skin from 2 c-sections now--i am going to make that area in better shape than it has been in years. I am determined. I will swat SO away if he even attempts to make a baby while i am in this shape.

Amberjae and kimberlymarie...that does sound rough. Don't take this the wrong way, but i frequently have to do the nap dance too. What it boils down to is biting the bullet and even if you have just 5 minutes--do it. Do some wall pushups or do some jogging in place. Who says you have to exercise 30 minutes at a time. More and More studies are coming out that 5-10 minute bursts of exercise are just as good for you. Amber, you already said you have lots of stairs to work with, this is awesome. everytime you go up and down those stairs you are working towards your goal.

kimberly, welcome by the way!, do you have a stroller, my little man is in a jag where he refuses to nap, and so i put him in our large baby trend in his car seat...and strolled around the block with my friend. We picked up 2 miles easily.

Erin, you are doing it. You just posted about your goal being to get into the 230s and now here you are! makes my meager loss of about a pound a week seem frustrating.

afm: feel so unattractive, my hormones are nuts. I can not keep hair off my legs, my skin is breaking out...and i feel like i look run down and ragged on top of everything. That is why i am looking for some DHEA supplement. I still have an annoying scratchy throat and a cough. The baby is still fussy and I am still feeling overwhelmed, but overall i feel blessed.

Why isn't he just sleeping for 2-3 hours at a time like normal???? it's ragging me out. Anybody with any insight? he falls asleep after nursing about 20 minutes on my lap, then i put him down to do other things and he wakes up screaming.

weight wise: the scale read 199.6 this morning. when i reweighed as i often do, the scale said 200.6. So i am going to take the 199.6 in stride. I think i have seven weights so i can change my ticker.

Last edited by jendiet; 06-30-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:55 PM   #84  

Jen, I often chuckle to myself as I'm hefting my chubby butt up the stairs for the 6th time...He's just trying to help I actually do a lot of my floor exercise while he's having play time and I do quite a bit of cardio when we're having a dance party (turn up music, dance like a crazy person with him because he likes the jiggles). I guess I shouldn't get down on myself for not alotting a big chunk of time for activity. I should just be thankful for the snippets I do get. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:17 PM   #85  
Mummy-tummy battler

When you have young kids you do need to cut yourself some slack, but make sure you don't use them as your excuse. Put them in a stroller and go for a walk. While they are having tummy time get down there and do some stretching. Like Jen said, even 5min is something.

I've got a 7mos old boy and a 2.5yr old girl and work four days a week, so I totally hear you guys. I try and ensure I get one decent work out a week in and a couple of "others". Be it taking the kids for a walk, kinect (Xbox version of Wii if you're not familiar with it), or dancing like a total idiot until I sweat (this one I do with my lil girl). You just have to put yourself first sometimes. On the weekend I said to hubby that I was going for a run/walk and I'd be back in half an hour.

Jen I'm with you on feeling ragged, I was up for three hours last night with my lil ones and for once I'm wishing today wasn't my day off with the kids! All I want to do is sleep, instead I've got to juggle two cranky sick kids while being tired and sick myself. And its winter so its cold and raining so no going to the park.

Buuuuttt... on the bright side. I broke 200lbs today. 199.95 -LMAO- Its barely a toenail in the water of ONEderland but I'm taking it! But Monday is official weigh day so now I just have to keep at it over the dreaded weekend -LOL-
Old 06-30-2011, 08:53 PM   #86  
Keeper of Useless Info

S/C/G: 220/199/135

Height: 5'8"

Before I reply to all the new posts (yay!), I have to tell you all, I am SO excited! I got my period today. No, I never thought I might be pregnant (thank you, Jesus!). But I ALWAYS swell up right before I start! Therefore, I will be a much happier (less weightier) camper come Monday. Especially because I was 202 this morning. Yay!

jitter, congrats!! Forget toenails, that's at least a couple of toes! Funny sidenote: whenever I hear someone talking about being sick, I think of "The Devil Wears Prada" and Emily Blunt's wonderful quote: "I'm one stomach flu away from my goal weight!" HAHAHA!

kimberly, welcome! Congrats on your already awesome weight loss. And kudos for keeping the yo-yo'ing to only five or six pounds! That's wonderful -- really a good sign that you'll keep it off for good! I know it's tough to do the office/home-based business deal. My mom's a jewelry designer, but she had to go back to work to pay the bills in the crappy economy.

Some ways to sneak exercise in: my mom told me she walks the stairs in her building (she had her HR department check with the building to get permission). Also, try not to sit at your desk at lunch. Walk the "long way" to get to the bathroom, park your car at the edge of the parking lot ... whatever you can do to get moving. jen's right -- it doesn't have to be all this exercise, all at once. Whatever you can do throughout the day adds up at the end. Also, I got a Camelbak water bottle from Target to keep track of how much water I drink. It really does affect your weight loss, flushing crud out of our systems and removing toxins.

jen, I had a good friend whose son REFUSED to lay down by himself. She Ergo'd him almost 24 hours a day. Don't have an Ergo? If you can invest money in it (especially if you plan to have more kids), do it. It features front or back carrier positions, excellent back support and fun pockets for keys and wallets. There are always GREAT deals on BabySteals.com and Diapers.com sometimes has them. I had another girlfriend pick one up from a mommy group swap. They're also on CraigsList a lot. What's even cooler is you could (in theory) have up to 50 pounds in them. That's at least a 5 year old. So, if you're like me and live right next to Disneyland, you can shlep your friend's kindergartner around on your back through the park while he snoozes.

Also, do you normally have breakouts? Pregnancy and the breastfeeding came down on me with a vengeance. I only got back to "normal" after I stopped pumping (which is not a recommendation to stop BF-ing, but rather a reassurance that all things should resolve themselves in due time). Otherwise, I swear by Clinique. I don't use moisturizer, only the soap and the astringent-like solution (I'm a 2).

Last edited by MissSea; 06-30-2011 at 08:54 PM.
MissSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #87  

MissSea, yay on being regular! And yay on the prospect of a whoosh. 202 is awesome. I do have a carrier, not an ergo. he got really mad when he was THAT close to my breasts--facing them...and he couldn't have the nini. I have a moby and have put him in that...it just feels awkward. I have always had acne. durning pregnancy, it got better...now it's bad again. after my first pregnancy i looked like I did in highschool, but was still a teenager. my hormones have always been whacky in some way.

jitter, you sound like you have a rough day ahead and that sleepless night isn't helping any. I am praying for strength for you. you do live in NZ, so yeah i bet the weather is different. It's going to be 92 tocay. I'm sick in the summer. And yayeeeeeee! for the toenail!!!! I like your hundredths of a place scale. I could so be obsessive with number crunching with that! You can make this weekend.

Amber, have fun with the dancing til you drop today! I remember when i danced with James. i'm still feeling a little under the weather, but i might go for a swim today.

kimberly, i agree not bouncing up and down 50 lbs with yo-yo dieting is awesome. You are great at maintenance, those skills will be handy once you do reach your goal weight.

Ok ladies...let's focus on our goals again. We have been doing goals for 2 weeks now. Newbies you can just jump in. Just repost your week 1 goal, and met or not met, and post your week 2 goal and met or not met (the week is not over yet) also post what helped you or did not help you meet that goal and what you might do differently OR the same to meet that goal. Also is this goal ongoing?

Week 1: Stress eat on veggies. Partially met. Need to have more cucumbers/veggies chopped up and available. Did slip up and stress eat on some pretzels. ongoing goal.

week 2: walk 3 out 5 days. Met. Have already walked every day this week. Will continue to schedule the walk with my friend to keep this goal ongoing.

woke up at 201.4 this morning, but that was most likely from the salt and pizza last night.

Last edited by jendiet; 07-01-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #88  

I must have missed posting my goals...I did start a challenge on another forum so I'll post those goals...

Week 1 diet: Don't eat compulsively. Met with only one slip-up. I ate a mini scone without thinking twice about it. Then the reality and gilt set in. Shoot!

Week 1 exercise: Go up and down the stairs at least 10 times for no reason each day. Met. I know it sounds weird, but this is seriously a big deal. I can already feel it in my thighs. Who knew?
Old 07-02-2011, 03:33 PM   #89  

amberjae, yay on meeting your goals. We all mess up, and i consider 1 scone just a blip on the mess up scale. Do you also have a binge issue? If so, you can jump in on the chicks in control weekly challenge, if you want. You don't need to many challenges though. oh yes, the stairs are definitely going to give you a workout and TOTALLY reshape your legs. It looks like both of your goals are also ongoing.

I wonder where all the other ladies are.

I woke up to 199.8 again. I feel really ill though, and am pretty sure my whole body is inflamed and holding onto water. So I will not weep at the lack of progress. I am continuing to get about a 2 mile walk every night. We are supposed to be going out of town for the 4th, so I will have to figure a way to get my 2 mile walk or equivalent. I really do feel great after a walk.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:42 AM   #90  
Mummy-tummy battler

Week one goal was making it to the gym 4 times which I did.

This week 4 x gym, including a 40min session on eliptical and hopefully saying goodbye to the 90s and hello big hair 80s Kg that is of course!

Jen I'd say a lot of people are away for your July 4th weekend.