Old 06-30-2011, 05:09 PM   #46  
Future Evil Warlord

S/C/G: 225/205/130

Height: 5'2"

All of these hit a cord with me but especially..
Back Fat- When the **** did I develop boobs on my back?
Clothing-Find clohtes that fit right that I like and doesn't look like they were made out of a king size bedsheet.
Diving like a ninja to get out of the way when pictures are going to be taken.
Constantly having a wet stomach when washing the dishes.
The double chin thing is so true!
and finally which I discovered the other night when doing jumpin jacks not only do my boobs need to be strapped down so does my stomach! Talk about depressing.
dreadfullydivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:15 PM   #47  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Oh yeh I forgot about the bouncing stomach! Running across the road and feeling your boobs and stomach doing their best to defy gravity, worrying you'll end up with a black eye from your boobs -LOL-
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:35 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 218/197/138

Height: 5'6.75"

Bahaha! readhead, that is SO one of my pet peaves. I call them my ham arm pronouncers. I have actually pulled at a sleeve enough to bust the threads just because I wanted to wear it.

Also, I hate that when I sit down my GAP Curvy jeans roll down in the front so my post baby mommy belly hangs out. Then there's the larger shirt length problem that makes it hard to hide both the front gut and the panties peeking out the gaping jeans in back. Ugh! I remember a day that I wore lowrise jeans and never once thought twice about sitting down. Now, I avoid sitting like the plague. I guess it helps me burn more calories that way.

Purhaps it's a conspiracy from the clothing makers to make us all uncomfortable enough to make a change. I don't know but I can't wait until I can buy clothes online again without fear.
AmberJae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:43 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 218/197/138

Height: 5'6.75"

...getting told by skinny store salespeople "We have a large selection in your size online." Wow, that stings.

Also, the facebook tagging...I have actually gone and un-tagged myself.

...seeing people that haven't seen me since I was much thinner, then reading the surprise followed by disgust on their faces.

...not being able to wear my wedding ring, that little chunck of fat between my boob and my armpit, the way it sneaks out there in tank tops, having to put Monkey Butt powder on my thighs when I wear a dress and under my boobs if I wear a sports bra...
AmberJae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:48 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 240/232.8/135

Height: 5'4"

I would have to go with when I wear a skirt or dress my inner thighs will rub together as I walk resulting in a skin irritation/burn. I absolutely hate it when that happen. Another major reason why I don't really wear a skirt or dress unless the occasion calls for it.
hoping1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:03 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 204/200/130

I'm still laughing at the "dive like a ninja" to avoid pics (I HATE having my pic taken!!!)
Also, being mistaken for pregnant....my sister had a baby 6 months ago, at her baby shower someone said "oh you're pregnant too!!!" all I could say was no, i'm just fat!!
jltcmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:49 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 185/180/140

Height: 5'6"

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, maybe it's just because my thighs are super fat, but I hate crossing my legs. I feel like everyone sees how hard it is for me to do and it just looks awkward and i hate it! So annoying!
jeich92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:27 AM   #53  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberJae View Post
that little chunck of fat between my boob and my armpit, the way it sneaks out there in tank tops...
I have this whether I am 215 or 140... and I HATE IT!!! Mine doesnt go away no matter how much I lose.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:35 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 209/199/145

Height: 5'6

Mine is clothing-related too. I'm a pear shape and for the past few years, I've been in that horrible middle ground of wearing a size L top and a 14W/16W bottom - which means that I have to shop in the misses section for shirts and the plus size section for bottoms. Sooooo inconvenient.

And short sleeve size L tops are my enemy. Plus size summer tops always seem to have nice, decent length sleeves. But misses tops? Almost always have tiny cap sleeves. Which means that I either go for the way too big on me 1X or else I go with the shirt that fits and let my upper arm flab sway free in the breeze. It's awful - especially since A) I still have the hugely fat and cellulite ridden arms of my formerly 270lb self and B) my right upper arm is nearly an inch fatter than my left. So I basically spend the whole summer tugging at my teeny tiny sleeves.
magnoliafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:42 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 245/245/150

Height: 5'3''

My biggest pet peeve is the way all my underwear, even the ones that fit properly, will roll down my stomach 10 times a day. How do you gracefully pull up your underwear at work??? I hate having to always run to the bathroom to fix it, but that's the only option. And if I don't pull it up then I get a sweaty patch underneath my overhang. **shudder**

I'm an apple shape with a flat butt so pants in my size are always falling off me even with a belt. Apparently jeans are only made to fit ladies with stuff in the trunk. I'm a smart car... wide round body, flat back end and no trunk.

Worrying whether or not I'll fit in a booth at a restaurant. We took my FIL and MIL out to lunch on fathers day and everyone had enough room between them and the table to fit another person. Except me. I was squeezed in and was so uncomfortable and self conscious.

Taking even a short flight of stairs at a normal pace leaves me out of breath like I just jogged up a 40 story building. Sooo embarrassing at work that most of the time I take the elevator and use my bad knees as an excuse.
October Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:19 PM   #56  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Where do I began?
--not being able to tuck in my scrub shirt really bothers me....I just want to be able to tuck the shirt in and wear my beeper on my hip like everyone else!

--when I was 18 people said I looked like Stacey Dash...now I'm compared to Chandra Wilson (overweight doc on Grey's). A poster of everyone's actor look-a-like was actually posted in my dept and I was sooooo disappointed....I'm not saying that she is not attractive, I'm just saying the only reason I even resemble her is size!!!!

LGW
Everyone must suffer 1 of 2 things - the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment...--author unknown (or rather I forgot who it was)
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #57  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

I'm annoyed that getting out of my car is such a hassel with my hips always hitting the steering wheel. I cannot wait till I lose enough weight to not struggle to get out of the car.

I hate the way I'm disrespected at work by skinny young assistants because I'm fat. I'd like to just fire them, but somehow I think its not their fault and they'd have a very different perspective and attitude if they had ever been in my shoes.

I hate the fact that I'm going to have to buy a new mattress for my bed because my weight has pretty much ruined it.
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:50 PM   #58  
Let go laughing

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'10"

Not being able to cross my legs... that one snuck up on me, until one day I was trying to cross my legs and grabbing at my pants leg to help hoist it up. Ugh.

Putting my shoes on/giving myself a pedicure/anything involving my feet. I carry most of my weight in my gut, so reaching my feet is becoming more and more difficult.

I'm glad other people mentioned the jeans rolling down thing! I wear mid-rise jeans and whenever I sit or bend over the waist gets pushed down by my fat. It drives me CRAZY, I'm always having to do the yank-jeans-up-yank-shirt-down thing.

Anytime we do anything remotely physical with friends. I'm the most out of shape person in the group (by a long shot) I'm always the one huffing and puffing and sweaty. We hiked up part of mount rainier one day and halfway up I just wanted to cry, I was so humiliated.

Thighs rubbing together- OMG! I have to buy new jeans so often because my thighs rub holes into my jeans.
s rosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #59  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

- Buying bras. I finally bought some in my size (that I had to order from abroad) and everything was ok but the cups weren't deep enough (Although the underwire if anything is big and the band is definitely the right size) so I STILL have the 4-boob look.

-Never finding pants that fit. One pair fits in the thights and has a HUGE gap in the waist. I have another pair that fits perfectly everywhere but because my belly is so soft I get a muffin top (but if they're bigger, they slide down and show my built in muffin top).

-The built in muffin top. Even when I'm not wearing pants I have that stupid thing+love handles, yuck!

-looking totally different from the front and the side. My stomach sticks out like I'm pregnant but from the front I look normal so, yay, I've been asked if I was pregnant recently (doesn't help that I've lost a lot in my arms/legs but not in my stomach)

- Underwear, I can never seem to find a good fit and regardless if they are too big or too small they seem to rub the wrong way.

- the pictures, i have to have a very controlled picture, otherwise, i can look horrible

-clothes shopping

- being the fattest woman in the gym

- felling uncomfortable sitting next to people on the bus/airplane

- feeling judged for what I eat around others

- yes, to the overweight girls who carry their weight infinitely better than me!!!!!!! I just looked horrible at higher weights

- becoming panicky if you need a certain clothing item (something for work, a wedding etc) because you know how stressful shopping for it is going to be
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:56 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 274/266/180

Height: 5'11"

Default Are you pregnant?

Ok we can all agree that no one should get asked this question usless you are holding a sign stating the fact- but now after being asked by two people in the last month even I have started to check myself out from the side.
nomorexcuses is offline   Reply With Quote