Old 06-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

My biggest pet peeve? FAT FEET!

My feet tend to be wide anyway, but my puffy, chubby feet won't fit in shoes. I have a closet full of wide shoes that I hope to wear someday.

As for jeans, I am an apple shape and I can't find pants that don't sag in the butt and thigh area. Lane Bryant boot cut fit me but they have such a limited selection.
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:51 PM   #17  
Working hard

S/C/G: 280/272/250

Height: 5'5"

I have so many but just the top few are trying to buy clothes that actually fit me. Back fat, seriously I was maid of honor in my sisters wedding and all of the shots of us at the alter were from behind and it was just disgusting, even more so because her bridesmaid standing next to me was a size 2 and I was a 26. And lastly, being the fattest person in my office and just feeling the judgment even when they are not saying anything.
jenfett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 288.2/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

I hear ya about the sleeves. I've actually held up the sleeves from different sizes and realized that in some brands there is so little difference between a 14 and a 20. I've found a handful of nice cardigans (Talbots Women does make decent sized sleeves) and wear a variety of tank tops with them.
I think its an issue for thinner women too. My regular sized friends complain about the same thing. I know a few women who
SisiLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:17 AM   #19  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

My biggest pet peeve was having people tell me I was Pretty on the inside. DAMINT I want to be pretty on the outside!

My mother used to tell me that Someday a man would figure out how wonderful I was. Translation: You're fat, so they'll never want you for your looks.

Thanks, Mom, for f-ing up my body self esteem to beyond repair. My fiance' thanks you.
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #20  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone

Mine is baggy pants... I have a big belly and a flat butt. Anything that fits over the belly is totally baggy in the butt and thighs.

I also hate that my thighs rub together, I have nasty wear marks on my jeans between my legs. And like was mentioned before try to wear a dress in summer? Ouch!
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:06 PM   #21  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink

I have a few, hope that's okay...

finding shoes that fit me, I have a wide foot and I never used to have this problem before I was overweight

seatbelts! unless they are extenders or really stretchy ones, they can be a real pain and a reminder of how far I have to go...

finding clothes that fit correctly

thats plenty!

hopefully we can use these as motivation to lose weight and keep it off
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:41 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 249.2/on hold/166

Height: 5'5"

-pants that in order to find my waist are baggy in the bum and hips (I am an apple shape)

- shirts that are wide and short (seriously what person wearing a size 3x wants to show off their belly)

- being afraid that rides at amuement parks wont fit me or when they do they are tight (last year a ride attendant had to move me to a different seat that was bigger and when he pushed the bar down he had to ask me to suck in and really lean on it, and I felt like I couldn't breathe yeah fun way to enjoy a ride)

-being to heavy to go horseback riding/dog sledding/ etc or even just worrying about being to heavy (when I think of all the activities I wouldn't do that I wanted to because I was worried about being to heavy and being embarrassed it makes me cry
butterflymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 189/189/135

Height: 5' 5"

Thigh slapping. No question.
AnnaGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:23 PM   #24  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

My biggest pet peeve (or embarrassment I should say) is that I look more pregnant now then I did at 8 months with either of my children and wait, I'm not preggers. AUGH!
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:06 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 281/256/160

Oh man do I have a TON!
It goes from the thighs rubbing together and causing chaffing (usually in the summer time, but sometimes if I have a certain pair of jeans on)

Wondering weather the seat belt is going to fit or not (my mom owns a 99' Alero and her seat belt doesn't fit me !!! I'm really not that huge either, but apparently I am!...5'5 and 250lbs)

Oh the "Oprah arms" my boyfriends niece makes fun of her grandmother for having it, and one day she pointed out I had it

Wide feet D:

I can never seem to find clothes that fit me.. I'm either always in between sizes or just cant find what fits me correctly... I'm only 5'5 and for some reason all the pants in my size hang probably 2-3 inches off my feet so I constantly ruin my pants at the bottoms... or they are nicely fitting on the waist, but sag on my butt and my thighs swim in them.

My personal most hated....... the FRONT BUTT, My biggest fear is that I will never get rid of it. No matter how much weight I have lost It seems to look the same. (those of you who don't know what a front butt is.... it's just the belly fat that sort of hangs and appears to look like an butt on the front of you) Ughhhh something I have been made fun of for YEARS...

Last edited by Michelle1128; 06-15-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Michelle1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:49 PM   #26  
Lazybones

S/C/G: 260/255/155

Height: 5'7

My pet peeves echo some of those mentioned before.
** The short shirts
** How about the neck holes wider than your shoulders? Not one to show my chest off.
** LB sizing - I want to be a real size 7 or 8 not a imaginary one. Please go back to the normal sizing so I don't have to be measured every time.
** The 8 months prego look (my baby is 8yrs old)/ The flabby arms.
** My self-esteem
Slimjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Cutting my toenails. I don't know if it's worse because I'm disabled, but it definitely got harder, and now that I've lost 9lb I'm noticing that it's getting easier again.

Being so bosomy that shirts are no longer an option. I was a 32DD when I was slim, which was already enough trouble.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:54 PM   #28  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

A lot of people said most of mine. I hate the back fat, I hate bra shopping because my boobs fold out the top or the sides. Muffin tops... ugh...

Wearing skirts then walking and having your legs rub together to get a rash down there from the friction and sweat.

double chins... ugh...
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:41 AM   #29  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenfett View Post
And lastly, being the fattest person in my office and just feeling the judgment even when they are not saying anything.
That I hate! When people make comments that probably aren't directed at me, yet I feel judged. Any discussion about weight/fat/exercise makes me feel uncomfortable. Or if I eat something unhealthy I feel like people are judging. Low self esteem and f*** off along with the weight

Walking with friends and being the only one out of breath. I remember walking with my thesis supervisor up a hill and then two flights of stairs to go to his office for a meeting. I was sweaty, out of breath and so embarrassed that I was barely able to answer his questions. Woohoo, this one not so much a problem now though.
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:33 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 132/116.6/114

Height: 5'2"

Well it's:

-the muffin top (this drastically reduces my available wardrobe choices)
-fear of being mistaken as pregnant
-looking in the mirror and feeling disgusted with myself when clothes don't fit the way I want them to
-any sort of clothes shopping... those store mirrors are awful when they give you the 360 or even the 180!
-having my photo taken (had some awful pics taken while back and at the time I thought I was relatively slim but the photo blew me up and just looked horrible... might have been the camera angle though)
-fear of ppl staring/making jokes or nasty comments about me (its just what I feel when I'm in that low/vulnerable phase)
-the jiggly/turkey flab arms... no amount of exercise seems to address this
-having my DH say things like, "I'll still love you when you're a Teletubby" I know he means well but I don't want to be called a Teletubby!
-feeling frumpy and slack (for me it's the opposite of fit and tight)
Precious Little is offline   Reply With Quote