Old 04-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #31  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Shew, I am back in this club! LOL! Yesterday I actually saw 150. This has been a horrible month! Yesterday I gained a whopping six pounds!! Sheesh! And for no good reason! This chick is nowhere near the edge of the wagon! But today I dropped a pound and a half putting me safely back at 148.6. The most I ever drop from one day to the next is a pound, so here's hoping I'm finally going to ditch this water weight!

Last edited by Eliana; 04-14-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:51 AM   #32  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Eliana – YAY for your whoosh and so glad you are here! And OMG….can I even tell you how much of an inspiration you are?!?! I have to ask…..what keeps you going the closer you get to goal? I am still on plan and haven’t jumped ship but I feel that my motivation some days to eat right is getting harder and harder. Especially now as I am getting closer to my April 25th goal. Will this pass? Is it just a phase we all go through?

Maybe I just love the peeps on this 140’s thread and I don’t wanna leave! LOL

Last edited by ShanIAm; 04-14-2011 at 10:51 AM.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #33  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Shan, I guess I stay easily on plan because honestly, as cliche as it sounds, my plan is totally 100% sustainable and is just my life now. I will do nothing different in maintenance. I love, love, love my exercise routine. I'm realizing that more and more right now as I face taking a planned week off. It's going to be really hard because I crave it.

Diet is only slight harder. I'd indulge in far more sweets if I could afford to. But besides that, my portions are spot on appropriate and I am rarely hungry. I get "snacky" but not so much hungry. If I'm ever truly hungry, I eat.

Thanks for saying I'm an inspiration. That never gets old. Funny how I don't feel like it though. I'm just doing my thing.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #34  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Eliana, I second that emotion about you being an inspiration! Even though you're just doing your thing.

And heaven knows I need inspiration. I am utterly stuck and have been for weeks. Meanwhile, my sister (who for the last decade has been the overweight one) is absolutely rocking her weight loss program. She lost another FOUR LBS this week. I'm so happy for her, but I can't help but feel even more terrible about myself. Pretty soon I'll be the "fat one" and it's a bitter pill to swallow.

She's doing it via a "Biggest Loser" type program and maybe that's the key. I like doing things on my own so I've avoided all group weight loss situations. But perhaps the accountability is the secret, and I need to just get over myself and embrace the community approach to weight loss (with real people - I'm fine on 3FC somehow!).
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:20 AM   #35  
Playing to Lose

Just came here to vent. I’m struggling this week. Normally I get happy when I see TOM because I know that a “whoosh” is inevitably going to happen. But this month I am just not feeling it. I am not working out like I usually do. I met a great woman at the gym and we are becoming fast friends BUT her presence sabotages my workouts. We just hang out and talk way too much! And btw, I blame me – not her. I just don’t get into my “zone”. She left the state for vacation today so hopefully I can kick it up a notch for the rest of the week. But I have dinner plans with a girlfriend tonight that I really want to get out of. I just don’t feel like a cheat meal is going to help my mentality. Especially with a big Easter dinner being made by the reincarnate of Martha Stewart right around the corner. Have I mentioned that I haven’t overcome eating right when I go out? Especially Olive Garden. So impossible for me! Work and home are more controlled environments.

Someone PLEASE tell me to stop obsessing about this next goal I want to meet by the end of May!! It’s only 5 pounds away and I still have 6+ weeks to get there. This is the most important one of them all to me. But each day I’m losing hope breaking out of the 140’s.

OK, sorry. Vent over!!
Old 04-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Well I am still in the 150s despite ramping up the exercise the past couple of weeks. I suppose if I weighed myself in the buff I might actually be 149.5 but since I use the scale at work I don't think that would be appropriate

ShanIAm - STOP obssessing! You are kicking serious butt and have more than enough time to meet your goal. I know exactly what you mean about eating right when out. Lately I have taken to covering up my food with my napkin (which doesn't help that much!) or pouring something on top of it to make it inedible. I should probably just ask for a box!
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:34 AM   #37  
Playing to Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelma View Post
Lately I have taken to covering up my food with my napkin (which doesn't help that much!) or pouring something on top of it to make it inedible.
LOL! I so do this too. I always wonder if the people in the kitchen talk about why I covered my chicken parm in diet coke, mustard and mounds of table sugar.

Jelma, I KNOW that you'll be seeing 14X on the scale VERY soon! I know that I bounced back and forth between 149.5 and 150.5 for about a week despite staying exactly on plan and exercising.

And you are right, I need to stop obsessing. I guess with it being TOM, workout's being less than stellar and me seeing my sister next weekend (she's my weight loss benchmark), I'm just feeling the crunch. I go through this cycle once every few weeks.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:18 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
LOL! I so do this too. I always wonder if the people in the kitchen talk about why I covered my chicken parm in diet coke, mustard and mounds of table sugar.

Jelma, I KNOW that you'll be seeing 14X on the scale VERY soon! I know that I bounced back and forth between 149.5 and 150.5 for about a week despite staying exactly on plan and exercising.

And you are right, I need to stop obsessing. I guess with it being TOM, workout's being less than stellar and me seeing my sister next weekend (she's my weight loss benchmark), I'm just feeling the crunch. I go through this cycle once every few weeks.

ShanIAm--you are one of the most inspiring people here in my opinion, and i hope you don't think i stalk you, it's just that seeing and reading about your weight loss keeps me going and gives me hope. i KNOW you can make your goal, that is a lot of time, BUT don't give yourself any slack, just keep doing what you are doing, it WORKS! at the same time, don't give yourself DOUBT. Doubt will lead you down the wrong path, and you need to stay on the right path, which is what you're doing right now. keep strong!

btw, i've posted my mini goals on my signature...what you think? also, it's my TOM this week, so supposedly i will get a "whoosh?" what is that? just a lower number after TOM is over? my diet plan is extreme fat smash which promises up to 12 pounds in 3 weeks, and exercise every day at least 1 hour cardio (some days has 2 workouts of 45 min each). do you think my plan is doable?

currently at 153.5, so hoping to get into 140's SOOON! ughh enough already, i sound like a broken record.
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:42 PM   #39  
Playing to Lose

Oh Beila, you always know the right things to say to motivate me and get me out of my funk! Thank you! And btw, congrats on being binge free for a week. That is so great! I know how difficult it is to “detox”. It took me a good part of last year to ease myself out of that cycle.

A “whoosh” happens to a lot of people – either during TOM or immediately after. For me, it’s a day or two after. My body tends to hold onto a lot of water during TOM and then it whooshes its way out of my system when it’s over. It’s just water weight but it’s always nice to see those extra couple pounds come off the scale.

To be honest, I am not very familiar with the extreme fat smash diet but I did just Google it to get some info. I think the plan is quite doable; especially for people trying to overcome binging. Because eating 4, 5 or 6 small meals a day can help keep binges at bay for some people. If your lifestyle allows you to do that, then I say go for it! With that said I am going to be cautiously optimistic and say that your goals – right now – seem in line with the plan. But don’t be afraid to change them tho after a couple weeks. It doesn’t mean YOU are failing especially if you know you are staying on plan. It just means that your body may not necessarily react to this weight loss program as advertised or “promised”. And then there are so many other factors such as TOM, your body retaining water to help your muscles heal, digestion, etc. Believe me, it’ll make you crazy! Especially if your goals are so close together. Personally, I try to set my goals weeks or even a month apart from one another. I think what you have though is a very good starting benchmark!! And keep going with the working out!

Between not binging, eating healthy and exercising like a mad woman, lol, YOU ARE DOING FANTASTIC! There’s no better deterrent from binging then exercising yourself into a sleep coma. LOL
Old 04-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #40  

Shan--thanks for your input. I think no matter end up doing, it's really just a matter of focus and determination. If you put your mind into 100 percent, your body will follow.

I think we both need to have confidence in ourselves, our abilities, and the potential we have to overcome doubt. See you around, hopefully here as a 140's chick!
Old 04-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #41  
Playing to Lose

Although I weigh myself practically every day and on Saturday morning I saw 143.4 on the scale, I consider Monday morning’s my official weigh in. For the first time since January 4th, I didn’t even bother! I started out good yesterday. Went to the gym at 9am for an hour plus doing cardio and weights, hand washed my car inside and out, went home and ate some pineapple and had a small salad around noon. But then the pre-Easter feast consisting of cheese, pepperoni, crackers, chips, dip and nuts commenced around 3pm. I grazed on that for awhile and then it was dinner time at 5. Loaded up on ham, twice baked potatoes, bread & butter, etc. Not many veggies in site. After dinner I murdered a couple peeps with my mouth by decapitating them first and then devouring the rest. I left before the real desserts came out. The host of the dinner gave a little Easter basket before I left. Very thoughtful but I chucked it in the first dumpster I found on my way home.

I’ll need a few days behind me to feel like I am back in control --- physically and mentally. I have a plan that I need to put into action in a BIG WAY!

I did put on a pair of my feel good pants today which is helping a little.

How did you all do yesterday? Did you brave the storm and do a post-Easter feast weigh in?
Old 04-25-2011, 02:07 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
The host of the dinner gave a little Easter basket before I left. Very thoughtful but I chucked it in the first dumpster I found on my way home.

I’ll need a few days behind me to feel like I am back in control --- physically and mentally. I have a plan that I need to put into action in a BIG WAY!

I did put on a pair of my feel good pants today which is helping a little.

How did you all do yesterday? Did you brave the storm and do a post-Easter feast weigh in?
I'm not officially in this club, but I subscribe cause of you Shan! I really like to hear how you're doing for some reason, partly cause what you do is what I WISH I could be able to do. My willpower is not that strong. I need to build up more. I'm working on binging and stopping myself. Also need to work on working out harder, not just walking on the treadmill.

Anyhoo, when I read that you trashed your goodies in the first trash you saw, I was like, OMG, I would eat it at the first moment I was alone. I'm really impressed with your determination. I wish I could just have an ounce of that determination! Seriously, you're doing so well! Keep doing things like this and your feel good pants to lift your spirits!

As for me, Easter was fine, very, VERY healthy, spinach salad, sweet potato baked with no butter/sugar, salmon, and watermelon. There a some hard candies and peanut m&ms, but controlled and only a small handful. Then I went home, ate some soup, low fat ice cream...then out of no where, BINGE MODE came on, and I drove to the store and bought a small loaf of bread, fig newtons, and twix 8-pack. ughhh, it's all gone now, and I feel disgusted. So anyways, I was binge free for 11 days or so, and now I'm back to day one today. I could really use some help if you could share tips on how to avoid the binge, what worked for you. I just wish I could lose weight like you.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:16 PM   #43  
Playing to Lose

Beila…. Well, I can’t take a whole lot of credit for chucking the candy. I did it mostly out of disgust for eating so much crap in the hours before hand and because sweets really isn’t a devil food of mine. My binges always centered around fried foods, pasta, bread, cheese, etc. Do you find that if you consume even just a little amount of sugar such as those hard candies and M&M’s that you find yourself in binge mode later? I wonder if a little sugar in your system sets you up for wanting more of it later? So what do you say to yourself when you put those car keys in your hand to go to the store? And you had been 11 days binge free up to that point. When you felt a binge coming on during those 11 days, what did you do to counteract it? So, yeah --- does it suck that you have to start over at Day 1 again? Sure. But this time, make it 12 days or 13 days or 15 days binge free. I would love to tell you to never binge again but I didn’t magically stop overnight so I can’t.

You mentioned willpower. Well, to me, willpower is just like strength training. It builds up over time. It took me a LONG time to figure out that saying no to food feels just as good as eating it is. And around the time I made the decision to stop binging, things in my personal and professional life were spiraling out of control. I needed to control something…anything. And food was the only thing I had. And I will admit that I went overboard. The first 10 pounds I lost were not done in the most healthy way. I deprived myself – only eating once a day --- and I found myself taking a shot of Nyquil when I felt a binge coming on. It was only when I almost passed out in the middle of a meeting at work did I start doing things the healthier way. I put food in my fridge and joined a gym.

I do appreciate your kind words, I really do, but believe me……I had to put in a lot of hard work before the hard work even started. Know what I mean? And determination comes with time. It didn’t happen to me overnight. And I needed a rock bottom moment before it all finally clicked.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

I keep bouncing around 150...yesterday i was 149 and today i was 149.5. I really really hope i am in the 140s for good! I know for sure my weight will go up next week because it's that TOM...probably will go up to 151 or so...but i hope for the rest of this week, and after the TOM, i will remain in the 149s.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #45  
Playing to Lose

You know what, Surfergirl? I think you are here to stay now! And don't worry about TOM --- maybe you'll have a nice whoosh when it is all over! You are doing fantastic and so SO close to goal! I'm envious!!

How are you doing with your March 25 goals?