Old 03-02-2011, 05:20 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 199/ticker/132

Height: 5'1"

I'm really interested by the 'I never wear makeup' thing - I think we are the absolute worst at putting ourselves in boxes. We (and by 'we' I mean people in general) say things like 'it's just not something I do' etc, and think we have to fit in to our own ideas of 'who we are'. But actually, we are who we are, and doing stuff that seems out of character doesn't detract from that, if anything it widens our experience and enriches our nature.

Does that make sense!!? I know it's a bit psycho-babble-y. I just mean that while we may be shaped by what we've done in the past, I don't think we should be defined by it.

Oh, and I totally agree with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4star
It's ok to want to be physically attractive. There's nothing wrong with that at all.
My appearance is really important to me. Rightly or wrongly, it's one of the major motivations for me wanting to lose weight (although, there are others!). I know people who aren't particularly concerned with their appearance, and I totally respect that, but personally I feel better about myself when I look good, and when I feel better about myself I'm happier and more productive. It's win win!!

X

Last edited by shoeless; 03-02-2011 at 05:22 PM. Reason: typo. Oops.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 217/197.6/145ish

Height: 5'5"

I hear you! I have a birthday this month... I hate my birthday. I didnt feel my age until my youngest hit toddler age..and now I am more than determinded to drop weight. I have to be able to keep up. LOL Life so short to watch from the sidelines.
sundancemommy is offline   Reply With Quote