Old 07-30-2010, 10:33 AM   #1  
Mission 130

S/C/G: 180/172.5/130

Height: 5'1"

Wink Cleaning up the diet...

Has had unforseen side affects, such as the obsessive desire to clean out the closet I haven't looked at since we shoved all our things into the house 3 years ago. I found our old VCR sitting on a chair in the dinning room, looking forlorn at never having been hooked up to our nifty new HDTV, but seriously, does anyone still watch those things? (I do. All my good workout stuff is still on tape...also gathering dust. Is that a sign?) Well, since the VCR needed a home, I rearranged the entire bedroom to get the dresser in the correct corner where the VCR would soon be gathering dust along with our old TV, I mean, being used nightly to entertain before bedtime. Ahem.

And that is how I got to the closet. It was giving me the evil eye, over-flowing with clothes that should have been eliminated the last time I lost weight, and of course, things my husband swears he'll need 'someday'. Out, out, stupid spot!

My living room is quivering in fear, and the bathroom is in tears. Watch out, boys. Mama isn't making butt impressions in the couch anymore. The cupcakes went out the door, so now it's your turn to face my cleaning wrath!

Anyone had these symptoms along with their weightloss?
d-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:03 AM   #2  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Yes! Yes! Yes! Let me tell you my weight bench woes. So, I have been trying to clean my basement (then I can store more stuff from upstairs down there). I have a weight bench down there. It is a big one with attachments for doing arm pull downs, leg lifts, bench presses, etc. So I list this darn thing on Craig's List... and I keep getting stupid questions. One guy was asking me about the weights. Like... who cares. I am selling the bench and happen to also have weights to go with it. I had it posted on a site at work here, and some girl wanted me to bring it to work to swap here... Um... Seriously? Even in pieces, it would fit in my car!!

I am also trying to get rid of a tub of beanie babies... you can't even GIVE those away. Some guy wanted a picture of them. Um... I am selling them for $2 ea. They are beanie babies... Offer me $1 and they are yours. They look just like all the other stupid beanie babies. I don't have time to take and post pictures.

I just want it out! Out! Out!!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:17 AM   #3  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

I get like that too. I think that, for me at least, it comes from being in control of the whole weight situation, and then I feel like I am able to control (or maybe just actually deal with) other areas of my life that were out of control (such as the closet!). I guess that's one of those nice side effects to losing weight!
dudesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:55 AM   #4  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

dudesmom - I agree. The more "in control" of my body I feel, the more I can take control of the clutter. Last week I gave away all of my maternity clothes and all of the baby clothes that had been cluttering up half of our basement. SO LIBERATING in so many ways!!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:17 PM   #5  

d-chan, I love your posts!
1bighog is offline   Reply With Quote