Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #466  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

Height: 5'8"

I just noticed this is for those who are 30 something.... I've got to pay attention. I will be 47 next month. Oh well, I guess while I'm here I will tell all you young people to keep at it and lose the weight now so you won't be trying to get the extra weight off when you are nearing 50. Take care and best wishes to all of you!
Old 07-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #467  

S/C/G: 256/169/160

Height: 5ft 4.5in

I know its not weight loss related but.......I'm missing my ex today (which is rare) and I'm hating myself for it.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:41 PM   #468  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I've lost 100 pounds, and I'm still wearing a pair of pants from last summer, because they fit in the waist. That's how massive I was and still am.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:35 AM   #469  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5'10"

This has been talked about before, but it's been so common for me lately...

I'm really weirded out by how bony my knees are. I'm definitely not skin and bones, and they don't look bony when I'm standing, but if I'm sitting down at my desk in shorts and I put a hand on my knee... I get a mental jolt like "What the eff is that?"

My thighs sadly have only lost about an inch in the past 30 pounds, and are probably still where I have the most left to lose. So I guess I just need some of that to slide on down a few inches.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #470  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

I'm not far from my 40's and I admit I am loving being in the best shape of my life along with looking better than I did in high school. I was average body shape but was super out of shape and weak.

I'm tired of people asking me how I lost the weight and when I tell them portion control and exercise they say they can't do that.

When I go clothes shopping I'm still programmed to go straight towards the XL tops and size 20 jeans. I still can't believe I fit in medium shirts and size 8 or 10 jeans.

Lastly, I'm super excited to be participating in my first 5K (Color Run) next weekend!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #471  
Make each day count!

S/C/G: 263.5/see ticker/180 for now

I say 180 is my goal, but I've always DREAMED of 160

I have a friend who is also trying to lose weight; I'm afraid she is going to resent me or not hang out with me as much if I lose the weight and she doesn't

One of my husband's friends is pregnant and she has always had to watch her weight and was probably 30 pounds over-weight when she got pregnant. I confess that I hope she ends up fat for a little while after she delivers so that she can identify a little more with me.

In my head I always view myself as a size 8 or 10

I hope that my loosing the weight will motivate my mom to loose

I hope that I earn respect from my older sister who is a doctor and a B*t*h

I constantly try and schedule things for later dates so that I will hopefully be skinnier at that time

I fear trying things (like zumba, dancing, etc) because I don’t want to be the “fat girl that is uncoordinated/stupid”

I confess that I’m upstairs in our office, and every time my husband yells up the stairs right now asking me what I’m doing I reply “unpacking boxes” (cause we just moved), when in reality I’m on 3CF (because I know that I won’t get a lecture about how I need to be unpacking right now)

I confess that I believe that as long as someone didn’t see me eat it, then the calories don’t count

I confess that I will hide in a store if I see someone I knew when I was skinny because I don’t want them to see me and immediately think “man she got fat”
Old 07-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #472  

S/C/G: 205/184/158

Height: 5'7

I confess that I am doing this to look and feel good for me, not my husband. When he was last deployed for 6 mos I went from 204 to 177 and all I got was a "you look nice" at the airport. Not exactly the response I had been hoping for We've also had *issues* in our 11 yrs of marriage and it finally dawned on me that they were Not My Fault and really had nothing to do with me, he would be like that with any woman. So now he's deployed for 6 mos again and I'm determined to go from 205 (yep, gained it all back in 18 mos...) to 160. I no longer expect a huge response from him since he's just not that demonstrative, but I do enjoy the encouragement I get posting my progress on FB and from my friends. And honestly my new found confidence/independence has made him much more attentive and well behaved this go round
Old 07-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #473  

S/C/G: 145/124/?

Height: 5" 4

I confess that last year I lost a good amount of weight and then this year I have gained at least half of it back, and am having a really hard time getting back into a healthy eating / regular exercise plan. I can't believe I didn't put myself in check after the first 5-10 pounds. Argh .

I confess that it is my choices that are making me fat and yet I get soooo frustrated when I feel others always want to go out to eat. Like today was another "day 1" and now I got invited to go to dinner for tonight and this weekend. I am not going to wait to start my plan- there will always be dinners and events. So I will just have to watch myself. I know I won't be perfect but I need to start somewhere. Starting over is difficult but staying as I am is not am option.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #474  
Haters gonna hate

S/C/G: 187.5/175.2/140

Height: 5'3

I confess that I lick the salt and cheese off of Frito's and Cheetos so that I can have a few without actually eating them and then I throw them away.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #475  
Make each day count!

S/C/G: 263.5/see ticker/180 for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDC View Post
I confess that I lick the salt and cheese off of Frito's and Cheetos so that I can have a few without actually eating them and then I throw them away.
That reminds me.....I have been known to take a bite of a donut, chew it, and then spit it out in the trash because I wanted just a taste but wasn't ready to commit to all of the calories
Old 07-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #476  

Location: Houston, Tx, but Missouri in the summer on the lake.

S/C/G: 150/148/125

Height: 5' 2"

I confess I am terrified that this week I go on a 2 week vacation & that I will have no self control when it comes to food and wine. We are starting in Napa Valley and ending in San Diego. I am going to be beyond tempted to indulge.

I also confess that even though I will have all that BEAUTIFUL scenery, I will choose not to exercise. Which would be insane.

I confess that by the end of this trip, I will most likely have gained back all of my 5 pound weight loss.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #477  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Whitty View Post
I also confess that even though I will have all that BEAUTIFUL scenery, I will choose not to exercise. Which would be insane.
I almost did the same thing while camping at High Falls a few weekends ago. Then I got to thinking...I'm not going to be out there hiking the trails, looking at the falls, and go "man, I sure hate I took this hike. I sure wish I was sitting on my butt at the campsite instead!" LOL
Old 07-17-2013, 12:04 AM   #478  

Location: Houston, Tx, but Missouri in the summer on the lake.

S/C/G: 150/148/125

Height: 5' 2"

I hope I can make time for it Natasha. I just worried that with everything my husband and kids want to do, there won't be much time for my needs. I am not a morning person, otherwise I would get up and do it early.

Good for to do it on your camping trip. I am gonna remember that this weekend.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:02 AM   #479  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

I confess that when I see someone my height and my weight (whatever current weight it may be) who pulls it off way better than I do, I get wicked jealous and I wish I pulled it off as well as they do.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #480  
One pound at a time....

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'1

ok, I am almost 30 and I have been reading the posts and this seems like it could be a great form of therapy. I will feel like a horrible person after I put all this down but here goes:
-I admit that I like the attention to a certain point. I love it when people close to me compliment me but its very odd still to get attention from strangers. I know it should be the opposite but oh well.
-I seem to not trust anyone when they say "I think you are losing too much" especially when I know I want to keep going after my original goal. Are they sabotaging me? Jealous? Or do I not look like myself anymore?
-I LOVE the extra attention my DH has been giving me. LOVE it. But on my pissed off at the world, super stressed "I'm being a ***** today so watch out moments" I think, why didn't he touch me this much when I was heavier? Its these really low points that I rarely ever have but we are confessing here right?
-I thing that I know is wrong of me and I know the explanation for, but still bothers me is the difference in sizing. I am almost to 150 pounds and I can fit into a true size 12 jeans. I admit that I get jealous of people a lot heavier than me that can fit into smaller sizes. I know its due to my giant hips. (horrible person moment) I know I should feel happy for them but sometimes I get that envious feeling. I want to get down 1 more size, maybe 2 and I will be ok with that. No apologies, but no offense to anyone who this may apply to.
-I feel empowered when I think about my inches lost. People hear I have only lost 36 pounds..eh ok, but then the 53+ inches lost comes out and I LOVE the shocked look!!Thats my bragging stat. Thats the one I use to make myself feel better..... ---> I warned myself that I would feel like a bad person...

Cheaper than therapy!!

This is like a novel its so long....... can anyone relate?
Closed Thread