Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 06:15 PM   #31  

I'm with Greek on the epidurals. Actually I think they can prolong the labor because your not "feeling" it. I did both of mine without even a thought of an epi....but then again I have a pretty high threshold for pain. Our local hospital and the Dr's in the area all are in pretty much the same agreement and they all avoid epi's unless the 'mama' really needs one.

We're trying a show we've never done before this weekend...its in Mt Vernon IL. How far is that from you Rabbit?? ITs a small town with a wonderful museum/art center. We're going to leave around 4 a.m tomorrow!

- jul
Old 09-05-2002, 06:53 PM   #32  
Donna

Hello All,

Glad to see so many back to posting, I haven't been, I'm trying to decide what I want to do I don't seem to be in the right frame of mind to actually loose this weight. I way only 5 lbs less than I did in Jan. and I know it's me that's stopping me. I'm just afraid that if I don't keep going through the motions I'll gain again which is what happened last fall . Anyway I gained another half pound at WW on Tuesday. But I'd just started TOM and I'm always constipated so hopefully that was it, we'll see.

Our first Anniversary is 9/22 so we're going out of town for a long weekend, we're planning on going to Ontario but haven't finalized any plans yet so hopefully it'll work out. Until then we're short handed at work so I have a feeling I'll be working lots until we close for a major renovation 9/17.

RR - Too funny about Refman's voice. My sister's kid (born 8/1/02) moved alot invitro and still moves alot now that he's out . I can't believe you're Christmas shopping already you need help girl.

LBH - My sister used a midwife and she went to University of Michigan Health center, so tell DH they're not just for hicks anymore!! (although her DH is a hick but that's another story )

Karen - Hope you're not PG if you don't want it. We had a scare like that a month ago and I was pretty excited it turned out negative.

GG - Glad you had a good time at the beach and cool about the extra vacation.

Rabbit - Good to have you back even if you are I always find it best to face the music.

LA - Welcome! Hope you're move's going well.

Lizzard - Sounds like you had an awesome weekend.

Well that's all for right now except
GOALS FOR THIS WEEK (9/3-9/10)[list=1][*]Journal everything I eat no matter how much[*]Get in all of my water every day[*]Exercise even if it's only a mile walk 5 times[/list=1]
I'm going to start small and hopefully get back on track quickly!!!!!!!

-Tech
Old 09-05-2002, 07:53 PM   #33  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all. I'm at school again so this will be quick. I'M NOT PG!! Whew. Was I worried. I definitely don't want to go through this again. At least DH is now going to the urologist to have his self fixed. I still have to go to the doctor to find out why I'm so late. Maybe I am going to have early menopause since I started this darn thing so early (10 1/2). Don't know if I want to go through all the changes, but, there's nothing that can be done about it.

It's so nice to see everyone posting again. It was pretty quiet here for awhile. I really need to get more serious about the diet stuff. The working out is good but it can't do it all!!

Have a good evening all!
Old 09-06-2002, 01:13 AM   #34  
Hollywood Homebody

hello everyone!

i'm so excited football season has started. i spent my evening with the 49ers. they won! yay!

karen -- congrats on your NON-pg! you sound very relieved

techalum -- thanks for the welcome! i'm sure you'll all hear more about the move as it comes closer. this is going to be my last weekend to pack, but i think i can do it! i think your goal to journal all your food is a good idea. sometimes i "forget" to write something down and then i wonder why. who's going to read it but me?

GG -- sorry about your boy troubles i'm at the point now where i'm wondering if there are any good ones left!

RR/Lauren -- glad to hear things are going well with the kiddies!

well i'm off to sleep now. hope you all had a wonderful evening!

Last edited by LA Hopeful; 09-06-2002 at 01:42 AM.
Old 09-06-2002, 04:32 AM   #35  

Default Last post before the weekend!

Hello everyone!

Thanx for the support, I was feeling REALLY bad and resentful yesterday. Today is much better, now I"m just . I sent BF an sms message that he better not try to conversate with me beyond the usual niceties when I came home, and that from now on I consider us only aquaintances, not even friends. I'm just so fed up with feeling unloved, critisized, and used. I DO deserve better! LA, you can have this one for free, if you can ignore the yakking and just look at the (admittedly nice) bod 'n bum, but if I were you... Lucky for him, I was already asleep when he came in. I have no trouble falling asleep even when I'm like this, thank God!
We had a crisis at the office yesterday, too, as one of my colleagues left us and got very upset when doing so. My other colleague couldn't stand him any more, so she just got up and walked out. I was left alone with this guy because everyone else had left too, the accountant is in hospital, and then he started at me…Lucky he only stayed another 25 minutes so I got rid of him in the end. I then called my colleague again to tell her, but she’d just gone home to unwind and I told her to stay there.
We decided we should make our lives into a sitcom: better than Ally Mc. Beal, populated by REAL people, and featuring: US ! I went to hockey training afterwards which was very satisfying: hitting something when you are feeling really aggressive always does the trick for me!

LA-nice you are doing things you really like! About that only pound, go check the Library, there’s an interesting article Jennnifer posted that might explain some of your symptoms. Just keep going, girl! And don’t forget to move around a lot!

Karen, I also did a PG test this morning, just in case! I do want lotsa kids, but definitely not in the phase I’m in, as you can understand! (It was negative, of course but you never know). As an extra, I left the pregnancy test box in the bin for BF (ex?) to see to turn the screw of anxiety a little, hehe, little devil that I am…

Lizzard, Is there something special triggering your eating that you know? If it’s working out, try to eat smt. small about an hour before (preferably protein or some fibrous carbs like brown bread), that might help. If it’s after, you might try protein powder in a glass of milk. :apple:

Tech, put the log up here, maybe we can see smt in your eating pattern that you can’t! Have fun on the long weekend off and congrats on your anniversary, and try not to overdo it. Nice to see you back!

from Athens to all, Zorba the Greek AKA me

(as you can see I'm also experimenting with all these new smilies)
Old 09-06-2002, 05:33 AM   #36  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!

Tech-DH was in your neck of the woods last weekend visiting and he brought the baby a going home gift from the Hockeytown store....it is a Redwings Hockey Jersey and pants...He also got HER a Redwing cup, eating bowl and matching fork and spoon, a Redwing teddy bear, t-shirt etc etc..I had to nicely tell him if we took our little girl home in a hockey Jersey..they may wonder!!!! He is too funny!!!!!Glad U R back posting!!!!!!

GG-Glad things are better today!!!

WEll, late for work again!!!Must run!!!!
RR
Old 09-06-2002, 12:02 PM   #37  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Just a quick one because my mood is not good the past couple days. All I've done is cry about how bad my life sucks for two days. It's half hormones, half aggravation from my boss from h*ll...and a little bit of car aggravation...all rolled into one.

Glad Karen and GG are not PG! RR, DH has already bought a little Giants romper for Peter....he can't decide if he likes the fire engine one or the Giants one better.

Gotta run and try to get happy. There's a baked potato bar in the caf today, maybe that'll cheer me up. It's gotta be better than the Big Mac value meal and Edy's chocolate silk icecream I had last night!!
Old 09-06-2002, 12:34 PM   #38  

hello friends.

Boy there are lots of posts this week! Terrific. Now if we can all just lose some weight! (well, except for the pregos)

Jul - I'm not sure where Mt. Vernon is - will have to check it out. Good luck at the show!

Tech - You're right I know about facing the music. ~ Good luck on your goals - great to write them down!

Karen - happy for you that you are not PG.

LA - cool that you are excited about football. I've always enjoyed going to football games.

Greek - what is the hockey training you are doing?

RR - so cute that dh came home with all those things!

Lauren - sorry about the hormones!

have a great weekend all!

Rabbit
on my way to SLIM!

(hoping that will motivate me)
Old 09-06-2002, 10:56 PM   #39  

Hi all!! Well, I celebrated a little bit too early. I spotted just a tad last night so I thought all was well. I took a test this am to make sure. It was positive. Ugh. I cried all the way to work and then some. I had a long talk with myself today and decided that it is now time to get happy. I also took another test when I got home tonight. It's still positive. So it's off to the doctors office on Thursday. I am going to need some advice about still loosing weight while PG.

GG: I am glad that your test was negative!!! Good luck with deciding what to do with BF. You certainly are a little devil for leaving the box in the wastebasket.

Gotta go console DH. He has had a nervously sick stomach for three days now!! (BTW, when does morning sickness set in? )
Old 09-06-2002, 11:08 PM   #40  
Hollywood Homebody

oh karen!!! i wish i had something pithy and wise to say to you. but all i can think of is everything happens for a reason! i have known people who thought they never wanted kids and when they became pregnant they were terrified. but once they saw that little baby they couldn't believe they ever felt that way. it was wonderful

since i'm so new here i'm not sure if your reasons for not wanting to be PG but hopefully now that it's here you and DH find some joy in the situation. who knows, one day you may look back and decide it was the best thing that could have happened. we never know why these things happen. i always try to find the silver lining in everthing.

i hope everything goes well with the dr. and remember...

and for you!!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2002, 11:18 AM   #41  

Hi all. I am feeling a lot better about things today. So is DH which makes it easier for me. We told the parents last night and they were so excited. Especially his mom! She thought she would not be having anymore grandchildren, especially from us.

Lauren: Sorry you are feeling so blue (although I *do* suspect you of sending those germs down the line since you are closest!). Hope things are looking better now. Your DH sounds cute, buying outfits already.

RR: Your DH sounds cute with all the hockey stuff. Sure hope she likes hockey. Maybe he should start subliminal messages to her now? You know, "Hockey is fun........." , "You will LOVE hockey...." through your tummy.

Rabbit: On your way to SLIM. I like that. Hope it works to motivate you.

LA: Thanks for the encouragement. I appreciate it.

Gonna go shopping for the puppy now. He needs some new chew toys. Have a nice weekend all.
Old 09-07-2002, 11:44 AM   #42  

hello.

Oh Karen. I don't know what to say either. Ditto everything LA said. Sounds like you are accepting it though and hopefully the joy will come next.

There is definitely something going on here!

had a great day yesterday EXCEPT for the orange slices. Why oh why do I buy such things??

Today will be better.

gotta run - have a super Saturday.

Rabbit:hypno:

On my way to SLIM
Old 09-07-2002, 02:04 PM   #43  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I had this post I was typing this AM, but my PC locked up and of course I had to reboot!!

Karen- I'm sorry fate threw you a curve ball, but I'll say a small congrats to you, because I know you will both come around to the idea of a baby soon! Don't forget how close I am, if you want to get together somewhere to chat, vent, need a hug, whatever! I'll PM you my contact info. You will not be allowed to go to WW while PG, but you can still follow the program, just add some more points, I think it's supposed to be about 300-400 calories more. And you can definitely keep going to Curves, as long as you're up to it. Morning sickness varies person to person. Mine hit around 7-8 wks. and was very mild. Only lasted a few weeks. The first symptom I had was after I knew I was PG, I had this heaviness, kind of crampiness in my lower abs. I felt like I had to walk around holding my lower abs with my hands, because otherwise all would fall out!!

Rabbit- I guess orange slices are some kind of candy? Silly me, I'm thinking, but oranges are good for you!!

My mood, thankfully, has picked up. My boss really brought me down. Talked to the dealership and they're going to fix my hazard switch for free, since I complained so much, and they're going to probably fix my brakes for free too, since it's only been 16K miles. Unfortunately i have to take it up to the place I took it when I lived in Budd Lake, which is a good half hour away. But I'll justify it with a trip to the new Wal-Mart up there.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend. Mom came over and helped me clean a bit, while DH was out doing soccer pics with his friend this AM. Not bad, he made 100 bucks for 3 hrs. work.

Have a great day all!
Old 09-08-2002, 03:34 AM   #44  
Hollywood Homebody

hi ladies! i just got back from seeing rick springfield at the universal amphitheatre! i danced my tushy off so i'm sure i burned off that bagel, lox and cream cheese i had for lunch at jerry's famous deli !!!

just wanted to say a quick hi and tell you the concert was SO great! this is my third time seeing him and he's never disappointed me.

more tomorrow i hope!
Closed Thread